Special Heroes: Holiday Lessons

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know at this point, Yunaka might as well have been Yuri instead.

They must really regret making Summer Claude a 4* Focus because there kinda isn't a 4* Focus on this banner. And, it's topped off with a Byleth + Byleth Duo Hero instead of a Harmonized Hero.

I know I'm saying this as someone who has been sick of Three Houses for quite some time now, but everything about this banner is absolute trash. If I didn't buy that damn game digitally, this would've served as the point where I'd sell it off out of complete spite.

You know, even considering that the three house leaders and f!Byleth are CYL winners at this point, it hardly justifies them getting this many alts. Especially Claude and f!Byleth getting two in one year.

It's not like we get alts for Ike or Roy every year despite them being male year 1 leaders. Nor are we getting Alm or Celica.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You know, even considering that the three house leaders and f!Byleth are CYL winners at this point, it hardly justifies them getting this many alts. Especially Claude and f!Byleth getting two in one year.

It's not like we get alts for Ike or Roy every year despite them being male year 1 leaders. Nor are we getting Alm or Celica.

Or Marth, Ephraim, Hector, Eliwood, or Seliph. The only other male CYL winner that has been treated as well as Claude or Dimitri is Chrom.

Okay, so I actually watched the damn trailer. And, uh, this is basically what I see:

>there's no demote lol
>already OP characters with already powerful prf skills get EVEN MORE POWERCREEP PRF SKILLS
>fucking 3H leaders again, didn't we already do this last summer?
>unless I missed it somewhere, this might be the first winter banner in several years where non-Pass users can't spark
>FUCKING DIVINE VEIN TERRAIN EFFECTS AND %DR EVERYWHERE

Like, even ignoring the character choice here the decisions made for this banner are just plain ass.

Orb saving for me. I like Yunaka and Edelgard decently, but not enough when I'm so low on orbs. I'd go for F Byleth if the lead was, like, Jeralt or, you know...anyone else. F Byleth needs another proper seasonal.

31 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Nor are we getting Alm or Celica.

Nah it's worse than that, we don't get any Valentia seasonals period at this point. 2022 had only 5 Valentia seasonals and this year has.......none at all.

Even without this banner, Three Houses / Hopes has gotten 11 seasonals in just this year.

Note: I am counting TT units (aka Hatari Deen, Spring Luthier and Summer M!Shez) in those numbers.

26 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Or Marth, Ephraim, Hector, Eliwood, or Seliph. The only other male CYL winner that has been treated as well as Claude or Dimitri is Chrom.

Marth and Seliph in particular haven't gotten any more alts since their respective CYL ones. Keep in mind, Marth's CYL alt released in 2021.

From the silhouette teaser, I saw people mention elsewhere that Balthus might have been the bow-wielding unit... but man, turns out it was just cope; why would Balthus use a bow anyway? I think Yunaka is perfectly fine as a character addition, but it's just the House Leaders and Byleth(s) again otherwise (and for a moment I thought, "Wait, doesn't Byleth already have a Christmas alt? No, that was Halloween Sothis").

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Marth and Seliph in particular haven't gotten any more alts since their respective CYL ones. Keep in mind, Marth's CYL alt released in 2021.

Hopefully, they get something next year. But I'm not holding my breath. Especially in the case of Seliph, poor guy just gets nothing.

2 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

why would Balthus use a bow anyway?

Why did they give Raphael a bow? Or Lyn a magic tome? Or Marth an axe? Or Roy an axe? Or Heath a bow? Or Eirika a staff? Or Lilina a dagger?

5 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

No, that was Halloween Sothis").

Sothis also has a Christmas alt, she's got both holidays covered lol.

I hate this banner, I hate this banner, and I hate this banner.

And this crap even has 4 sparks, to please the whales.

This banner will bring hell to this game.

16 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

why would Balthus use a bow anyway?

That's the fun of Special Heroes banners, to have units having weapons they would normally not use. Like Raphael with a bow in the Plegian banner, or Sigurd using a teapot as a tome.

Balthus with a bow is totally fine in this situation.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah it's worse than that, we don't get any Valentia seasonals period at this point. 2022 had only 5 Valentia seasonals and this year has.......none at all.

Even without this banner, Three Houses / Hopes has gotten 11 seasonals in just this year.

Note: I am counting TT units (aka Hatari Deen, Spring Luthier and Summer M!Shez) in those numbers.

Wow, that is just horrendous. And unless I'm mistaken, Thracia didn't get a seasonal this year aside from Sara being a backpack, right? (That was this year, right?)

It's also confusing why they're not capitalizing more on Engage at this point. 3H isn't the newest shiny thing anymore. Yes, I see Yunaka there, and she's still the only Engage unit. You'd think they'd try to get Fogado and Hortensia out, like how Timerra and Ivy got in as seasonal units before their base selves.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And unless I'm mistaken, Thracia didn't get a seasonal this year aside from Sara being a backpack, right? (That was this year, right?)

Yeah, backpack Sara (and all the way back in January, too) was all Thracia got in terms of seasonals this year.

Thracia also didn't get a New Heroes banner this year and thus only got two new units this year: Khadein Linde & Sara and Ascended Ced.

Holy Geez the amount of powercreep is nuts here. And the slow drip feeding of Engage units too...

Yunaka sounds strong and agile like any modern mounted unit with some more toys

Edelgard just can fit all of the needed modern abilities and more into her weapon and unique B (like anti miracle AND charge and mov.+1) make it very hard to sound like countering

Dimitri just has more pain, more DR, and vantage cause why not

The Byleths just sound like a super unit with no weaknesses if counting the usage of their Duo skill.

I wonder if Claude will get even a mega skill or will he be shafted due to his grail unit status. Hopefully he'll have his summer versions skill at least to keep up with his own line  of powercreeping.

Wow. Okay, I'm not against 3 Houses getting more units in. And I do like the house leaders. However, can we not bring in anyone other than them+Byleth+Rhea+Sothis? There are a LOT of characters from that game who could reasonably get into the game or get alts (especially since most characters have 2 versions, not counting class variances.) But yeah, we got Byleth+Byleth this time, plus the house lords and (randomly) Yunaka.

Apart from this, kind of glad Claude has a deer alt, but we can stop now. It's also a bit funny how Dimitri and Edelgard swapped main weapon types. Well, Claude is free, so ok. I may try to get Dimitri. (I also like how his outfit here is kind of between his two ages' outfits. Edelgard too, but I haven't actually run Crimson Flower so I don't know her that well. Her horns are neat, though.)

Anyway, that's my take. Also, there's a surprising amount of setting things on fire. It's not like a fire for keeping people warm, it's more like razing the pretty winter village. ... That said, that kind of fits with the house lords, so eh.

So, Winter Claude doesn’t even get a Prf weapon. I knew he wouldn’t get Fallen Star (let alone Deep Star), but IS just had to add one more insult.

Oh well, I’ll be sure to put Claude out of his “misery” and fodder him off when the time comes.

Edited by Tybrosion

The choices lately feel like they have an air of desperation about them, bit of a "let's cook the golden goose" energy. Trying to compensate for naturally falling sales I suppose.

Not paying much attention to any of the kits for the moment, other than acknowledging Edelgard has charge and Galeforce again which sounds good to me. Don't like Divine Veins at all though, last thing the I need is more animations to slow down battles and increase hideous visual clutter.