Feh Channel, January 2024

I really wished Emblem Marth was a flier, since Emblems float in Engage, but oh well. And looks like we will get an Emblem Hero every month on Legendary/Mythic banners?

Mythic Lumera is fine, and she looks like a good support unit.

I actually liked the CYL results. I dont really care much about Felix and Bernie, but Alfonse being 1st place was a nice surprise to me.

We are also getting a lot of rewards and free stuff this anniversary, probably to compensate the trash Christmas Yunaka delivered.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I could bet that, if they indeed use characters that were not Emblems in Engage, they might go for one who was a Bond Ring as a first choice.

I think their first consideration will be "units they think will sell well".

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think their first consideration will be "units they think will sell well".

Well, it helps Bond Rings include a couple of those too.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Mythic Lumera and Emblem Marth, both their own separate units.

Ah, that was part of my guess too. Mythic Marth, huh? Can't say I'm a fan of that. I'd rather it be a proper Engage character actively using Marth. Pretty much all the Emblems have a "canon" user in Engage, and it'd be fun to speculate who those that don't would go to. Or seeing multiple different characters use the same Emblem. Having both would also open us up to Duo Legendaries. Instead were basically just going to have a Mythic version of every protagonist to power creep the Legendary version.

In other news Lumera pretty solidly breaks the precedent of "not in the game already" Mythics, more so than Serios and Fomortiis' eroding of it. So I wouldn't be surprised if they end us giving stuff like Mythic Tiki or Myrrh now (oh wait, we'll almost certainly be getting Emblem Tiki as a Mythic).

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ah, that was part of my guess too. Mythic Marth, huh? Can't say I'm a fan of that. I'd rather it be a proper Engage character actively using Marth. Pretty much all the Emblems have a "canon" user in Engage, and it'd be fun to speculate who those that don't would go to. Or seeing multiple different characters use the same Emblem. Having both would also open us up to Duo Legendaries. Instead were basically just going to have a Mythic version of every protagonist to power creep the Legendary version.

In other news Lumera pretty solidly breaks the precedent of "not in the game already" Mythics, more so than Serios and Fomortiis' eroding of it. So I wouldn't be surprised if they end us giving stuff like Mythic Tiki or Myrrh now (oh wait, we'll almost certainly be getting Emblem Tiki as a Mythic).

It's not "Mythic Marth." Emblems are a new unit type that can "Bond" with others to give them new boosts.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Emblems aren't Mythics, they're a separate category.

I guess this could open the possibility of Mythic alts of Tiki and Idunn, but I'm not sure what the point would be. They're already pretty thoroughly explored throughout their other versions, while Lumera wasn't.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Mythic Marth, huh?

There is no Mythic Marth. They are not Mythic Heroes.

They are a new type of Hero, like Rearmed and Attuned, but they don't affect the score of any mode.

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

It's not "Mythic Marth." Emblems are a new unit type that can "Bond" with others to give them new boosts.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Emblems aren't Mythics, they're a separate category.

I guess this could open the possibility of Mythic alts of Tiki and Idunn, but I'm not sure what the point would be. They're already pretty thoroughly explored throughout their other versions, while Lumera wasn't.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

There is no Mythic Marth. They are not Mythic Heroes.

They are a new type of Hero, like Rearmed and Attuned, but they don't affect the score of any mode.

Ah, I see. So like pair up but... different. Well that is more novel than just Mythics and now I see why people are speculating that characters who weren't Emblems could get the treatment. It also explains why Legendary Alear wasn't Emblem Alear. They're saving the Emblem design for an Emblem version version of Alear. So we'll get regular, legendary and emblem versions of both Alears.

For anyone wondering how they felt about this question half a year ago. Looks like the answer was the fifth unprecedented type 

Happy with the results overall. Felix is one of my favourites and was who I voted for, Bernie winning is cathartic. Not the biggest fan of FEH originals but y'know Alfonse is the main character of a Fire Emblem game which has shown it can get characters get into the CYL winners' circle so I guess if anyone from the game deserves to get in it's the guy who has gotten 7+ books of character development.

Since the big discussion is around Engage: I'm not at all surprised that the Engage men were shut out. There is really no reason to believe that male Alear would be as popular as male Byleth, or Diamant would be as popular as Felix (a comparably important supporting male PC) given the gap between Engage and 3H, and there was Sigurd in the mix as well who honestly I expected to be one of the winners (didn't see Alfonse coming). I thought maybe Alcryst had an outside chance until I saw he wasn't in the running at midterm results. I am surprised the Engage women were shut out, though to be fair they were close, and I imagine at least one of them will win next year.

Biggest disappointment is that neither Fogado or Timerra are anywhere to be seen. I only wish I could say I was surprised.

47 minutes ago, Florete said:

why [Bernadetta] instead of Dorothea or Petra?

I also prefer Dorothea and Petra but I get it. This might be one of the things you have to be on social media for, but Bernadetta gets a lot of very specific, targeted hate (e.g. some at least moderately-known FE youtuber made a video of himself destroying a Bernadetta figurine) and this really galvanized not only her own fans, but others, into supporting her. My wife spent all her votes on Bernie this year despite not being the biggest fan, and I know others who were doing similarly.

35 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I feel the biggest winners of that are ATiki (she becomes Naga at the end of the Future Past DLC), Nemesis, Loptous, and Idunn,

Spoiler

and Seteth, and Flayn, but I don't think there was much doubt over Cichol or Cethleann thanks to Seiros. 

I don't think Loptous is coming anytime soon, but I could see the others, especially Idunn as she's rather popular.

14 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I also prefer Dorothea and Petra but I get it. This might be one of the things you have to be on social media for, but Bernadetta gets a lot of very specific, targeted hate (e.g. some at least moderately-known FE youtuber made a video of himself destroying a Bernadetta figurine) and this really galvanized not only her own fans, but others, into supporting her. My wife spent all her votes on Bernie this year despite not being the biggest fan, and I know others who were doing similarly.

Yeah, Bernadetta gets a lot of unnecessary bile from the fanbase. I can understand having criticisms with the character as the writing can fumble her, but some fans take it to another level and go overboard with their hate of the character. So it's understandable that fans and even those neutral on the situation would go for her to push back against all of the negativity. 

Edited by Medeus

9 minutes ago, Medeus said:

I feel the biggest winners of that are ATiki (she becomes Naga at the end of the Future Past DLC), Nemesis, Loptous, and Idunn,

Hide contents

and Seteth, and Flayn, but I don't think there was much doubt over Cichol or Cethleann thanks to Seiros. 

I don't think Loptous is coming anytime soon, but I could see the others, especially Idunn as she's rather popular.

Nemesis certainly deserves a do over. Not sure what they'd do to his design though as he only has the one, I'm pretty sure (being a thousand year old zombie has remarkably little impact on one's appearance it seems).

I think Loptous has always been a possibility, but it would have to be done like Fomortiis, using a puppet Julius body. Unless they wanted to give us a design for Emperor Galle (or Geir or whatever he's called now), that would be peak fan service for me.

I have a somewhat neutral stance on Bernadetta, where I neither like her nor dislike her. Actually, I did like a few of her supports with various people (Felix being one of them), but I wasn't big on the direction they took for her character in a lot of other things.

My issue is probably less with Bernadetta herself and more that I feel like she's popular for what I feel are the "wrong" or at least "questionable" reasons, if some of the reasons I've heard for people liking her really are true. In all fairness, I felt the same way about Marianne who just came off as obnoxious to me. Having to deal with people like her IRL made Marianne a very unappealing character for me, and Bernadetta was kind of there at times too.

Felix is ... fine, I guess. I'm just not super big on his archetype and wasn't super thrilled with Soren's win last year either.

49 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

some of the reasons I've heard for people liking her really are true. 

Can you be more specific?

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Can you be more specific?

I think it's precisely because of her trauma-induced social anxiety being seen as endearing or cute.

It's just the ol' "I can fix her" trope at play. I understand the win in that context, even if it's diametrically opposite to my own preferences for normal, well-adjusted individuals. Trying to fix these obviously damaged people is far beyond my pay grade and should be handled by the monastery's resident medical supervisor ...which is Manuela ...oh no.

More broadly speaking, solving party members personal problems may be a standard RPG companion design, but it's never been particularly compelling to me.

_____

As for the FEH Channel, just got done with it now. The quintuple skill inheritance change is massive, everything else is just business as usual. Overall, it provides me just enough incentive to come on and try to make use of the change, but it's something I'll probably be done with in a month or so.

There being nothing done to address the massive holes in bridge fodder availability means the change isn't as big a deal as it might first appear, and so any long term prospects of re-establishing any sort of real engagement of the game are pretty minute.

Edited by Humanoid

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So not only did Ivy (or literally anyone from Engage) not win, but two TH characters did win. Thanks, I despise this.

Same here. I'm happy for Felix and Bernie fans, but MORE 3H winners? They have 9 now! And after so much 3H bloat? At this point I'm sick of the game as a whole just by principle. I'm glad Alfonse got some focus though. Unless those two have some insane fodder I'll just get him, maybe Robin and call it a day.

Emblem Heroes look really fun! I'm sad it took so long for them to do anything with the mechanic in FEH but better late than never. Marth is eligible for AHR, isn't he? I'll hold off on pulling until we get some Emblems I'm more fond of. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Bond Rings or other Emblems altogether later on, though I'm curious how group Emblems like the House Leaders will work.

As for the thing I was waiting for: the SI increase - but only to 5? We have far too many premium skills in the pool for that to be worth it, what the heck? We should have at least gotten 6 (my pipe dream was 8), but it's better than nothing I suppose. I wanted a HoF fix too, but I'm skeptical of how well the described change will work.

Edited by DefyingFates

Ugh... ANOTHER new hero type already? It's only been a few months since they introduced attuned heroes, of which we have gotten a whopping grand total of three, and now they go and throw in yet another one... But will they be the stars of banners on their own some months like legends/mythics are, or will they ALWAYS be appearing alongside a new legend/mythic? I hope not. That would be the exact opposite of the direction I wish they'd take things. I'd like to actually have some room to breath between new units; Legendary banners have the worst odds of all banners for getting a unit you want, and dealing with just one new unit per month already feels like way too much. I wish they'd turn those into a bi-mothly thing and maybe do something like a "reminiscence banner" in their place (a banner that brings back old units like seasonals and could have an added bonus like getting a "dragon bouquet" that can max out the flowers of a single unit if you spark on it). At the current rate things are going, we'll be getting  Legendary Brigand Boss before we know it. 😵

So an Emblem hero can be used to power up a single other unit (even if you have multiple Marths, you can only engage a single unit at a time), which in this case makes the unit's special decrease by 1 (and adds a nerf to for brave attacks by reducing offensive special's damage by 8 if triggered while doing a brave attack, all to keep it from being a bit too broken I guess). And merges for the Emblem heroes affect... something? What do merges for them affect exactly?

And I'm getting a headache trying to go over Marth's affects... It almost feels like we're getting freaking calculus equations at this point. And to think you're only given a whopping 30 seconds to go over ALL this sort of sh*t and cross reference everything all while doing a ton of calculations in a mode like SDS! 💦

Edited by Namero

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

As for the FEH Channel, just got done with it now. The quintuple skill inheritance change is massive, everything else is just business as usual. Overall, it provides me just enough incentive to come on and try to make use of the change, but it's something I'll probably be done with in a month or so.

There being nothing done to address the massive holes in bridge fodder availability means the change isn't as big a deal as it might first appear, and so any long term prospects of re-establishing any sort of real engagement of the game are pretty minute.

This pretty much sums it up for me. There is no reason to come back much when fodder units are still stuck in 2018  or so

I'm definitely surprised actually Bernadetta won since I did voted her as one of the 7 candidates in CYL Round 8. It's too bad that none of the Engage characters had won this year's CYL. I'll might use Yunaka as the next candidate in my CYL after Bernadetta had won and still have my other picks I chose in CYL Round 8 for next year.

Also, I notice Alfonse had won this year. It makes me wondered about this since we haven't gotten a new Alfonse alt in a while and I know that his Japanese VA did get into controversial debate recently that really had his other roles had being recasted. (I don't know if this was the cause of the lack of Alfonse alts recently when Alfonse's alt was a Valentine's Day alt before the Japanese VA controversy happened and IS probably had to stop making new Alfonse alts.) 

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I really wished Emblem Marth was a flier, since Emblems float in Engage, but oh well. And looks like we will get an Emblem Hero every month on Legendary/Mythic banners?

I don't think the Emblems were counted as Fliers in Engage and also, I think having the Emblems be marked as Fliers would have given more damage from Bows and Wind Magic that are effective against Fliers.

Edited by King Marth 64

Ok, I'll keep my thoughs brief for now because in just a few hours I have a birthday of a good ol' friend to attend in another city (and well, I won't be posting on SF while I'm there...), so later I come and say the rest + answer past posts in here (I didn't read anything that anyone said yet, so apologize in advance if I make any repeated comment):

•   About the CYL: YES! Y.E.S! YESSSSSSSSSSS!  I can't fucking believe that Alfonse won! For me that's enough! Also, I'd rather Sigurd instead of Felix but I won't complain, lack of Engage/3Houses sweep is enough for me, also I sorta like Felix anyway. I don't mind Robin because she will probably be very different from her genderbent counterpart anyway, as a unit, and Bernadetta, eh... I really don't like Bernadetta but I won't complain because Alfonse winning is enough for me. I have a bunch of theories about how they'll be as units etc but I'll keep this for later. Also, I figure the CYL placements for everyone where piblished too right? I'll see them later too.
  •  Who are you guys voting for AHR? Or who do you think that has a chance? I still have 0 clue of who I'll vote for, didn't vote yesterday and didn't go throught the options to refresh my mind about the recent good units.
  •  As always the anniversary illustraions are crazy, awesome, FIRE, as always. I was waiting one from Kozaki Yusuke though, too bad there wasn't any (but alas, with him coming back for Book VIII art does it for me + he'll probably be the artist for B!Alfonse artist anyway too). Also what? B!Corrin's dress has a spine pattern on the back (behinf her cape)? That's awesome. Also I find it amusing how (normally, not exaggerately) noticeable Cornelia's nose is on PenekoR's art because normally they make women normally have just a tiny little mak for a nose on their arts.

I have a bunch more to say, everything about the Mythic and Emblem heroes was left out because I'll see what I'll say here and what I'll say on the specific thread for them later too, I'll just leave the remark that I hope they use Mirages from TMS as Emblem heroes too (will expand on that idea later as well). Bye for now.

1 hour ago, Namero said:

Ugh... ANOTHER new hero type already? It's only been a few months since they introduced attuned heroes, of which we have gotten a whopping grand total of three, and now they go and throw in yet another one...

It is really early, but to play devil's advocate: this seems to be how they're celebrating Engage's anniversary after pretending it didn't exist for most of 2023 and we get a new Hero type a year already. Actually, I'm curious if we'll get another type during the next TT+ or not.

1 hour ago, Namero said:

What do merges for them affect exactly?

More stats for the Engagee. Each of an Emblem's 10 merges acts like a bonus Dragonflower on the ally.

14 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Who are you guys voting for AHR? Or who do you think that has a chance? I still have 0 clue of who I'll vote for, didn't vote yesterday and didn't go throught the options to refresh my mind about the recent good units.

I'm going to split my votes between N!Sanaki (nuke + sisters) and Kvasir (fodder). AHR starting early means E!Marth isn't eligible. I wonder if that was intentional?

The general playerbase will likely vote for some combination of those two, Wind Claude, Gullveig, L!Elincia and another Legendary I can't remember at the moment, if you want more ideas.

Edited by DefyingFates

17 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

another Legendary I can't remember at the moment, if you want more ideas.

Probably Hinoka right? At least in terms of power/utility. There'll be symmetry with the Fates royals assuming Camilla also gets in. Doesn't seem likely we can stack one colour this year.

Personal preference? Don't know yet, and it'll be influenced by who turns up as the annual seasonal freebie too.

How many Edelgards will be in the VG I wonder? Maybe two of them will face off in the first round to get her at least one victory. 😛

Edited by Humanoid

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Probably Hinoka right? At least in terms of power/utility

That's the one, thanks!

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

How many Edelgards will be in the VG I wonder? Maybe two of them will face off in the first round to get her at least one victory. 😛

Preferably none, but I'm sure we'll see the Winter and either the Fallen or Summer versions because people just see Edelgard and click without any more thought.

Edited by DefyingFates

*grabby hands*

I don't dislike a single piece of news here. *w* I wonder if we'll get Emblem versions of heroes not in Engage! There's some great opportunity here for that! And maybe Emblem Ephraim will finally get to have a voice! I wonder if I should try collecting all the Emblems so that I can constantly have as many characters engaged as possible... (I like the idea of engaging Emblem Marth with Medeus for the lols.) Plus, 5 skills inherited at a time? Good! Been wanting that. Also, looks like I'll have a good opportunity to try to get Child Mark too! I hope I get him as a freebie, but at least I'll be able to try to summon for him with an 8% starting rate. ^w^ And Nifl's coming to the 4* special rate pool! Maybe I'll FINALLY manage to get her! Plus, pleasantly surprised to see that Alfonse won CYL for the men's side! I wonder what IS will do with that... Felix is cool too. I don't know Bernie well enough to care much about her and Robin winning again is a bit "meh" for me too, but only because I'm just not invested. (Watch us get another Grima.) Anyway, lots of QoL improvements! I love that you can read a quick and easy drop-down of the effects in play, too!

Man, all this is really making me excited for this year in FEH. I can't wait to see what comes down the line!