Special Heroes: May This Last

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno man. Objectively, it's an okay banner ... but Sacred Stones characters who are not Myrrh, Ephraim, Eirika, and Lyon (and Tana) exist. Also, I'm not super happy about Selena being on this banner. It's fine for her to get alts, but she was also the only one of Grado's generals to have an alt to begin with. Kind of like how Ursula is the only Black Fang member to get seasonal alts. I wonder why. (Yes, I know Fallen Linus exists.) Kinda wish Selena had just been Fado so we could have double parent action or something.

Also oh boy, now we're getting inheritable pre-combat damage weapons. Don't think I really like this, don't have the orbs to try to pick one up for Tormod at the moment.

Lyon and Eirika duo isn't - bad - per say, but considering that they wasted the twins' and Lyons' duo/harmonic slots all on each other, it's a bit of a bummer that they'll never get harmonics where they get to interact with characters outside their own game, or with other characters from their own game who aren't each other.

On the bright side, since Eirika is the backpack I don't feel nearly as obligated to pull for her right now.

Edited by Sunwoo

What a waste. No Fado, and the only character who hasn't already gotten a seasonal is Vigarde. I guess it's nice to see Lyon getting a duo (and a proper seasonal in general), but also it's hilarious that it was the exact duo people predicted just based on the logic of "FE8 royals duo that wouldn't conflict with any previous duos". Also holy shit Lyon's effects look busted.

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I am kinda disappointed that it's Vigarde in this group and not Fado or Morva. Or, heck, even Ismaire. She could have taken Vigarde's spot, and Joshua could have taken Selena's.

Ismaire is at least likely to get into Heroes elsewhere. I guess Vigarde has the benefit of showing his alive self? Funny parallel to Gustav in that way. But I was really hoping for Fado.

Not that I expected them to be here but damn, they really are never giving Marisa or Amelia anything else huh? But sure, let's give the FE8 female who only got 350th in CYL8 a second seasonal alt. Selena also ranked below Valter (321st) and Glen (229th) in CYL8.

I don't care enough about Sacred Stones to dislike this banner, but I totally understand if you do  dislike or hate this banner. These are ridiculously safe and boring character choices, and I definitely never want to see Lyon and that Prf skill in Pawns of Loki.

Looking at all of the Sacred Stones characters in Heroes and how many versions they have, adding these new Valentine alts now brings the totals to:

7 versions: Eirika, Ephraim
5: Lyon, Tana, Myrrh
4: L'Arachel
3: Innes, Joshua, Selena
2: Seth, Marisa, Lute, Vigarde

Everyone else only has 1 version or isn't in the game at all. This includes base versions and does not include when a character is a backpack in a Duo/Harmonic.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Eh... I like Selena a lot but it feels weird for her to be here, also I'm a bit disappointed that we have a bunch of randoms people here that could've easily not have been on the banner (Selena, Myrrh since Morva isn't with her) but not Fado (though, it's cool for Vigarde to be in, Lyon always spoke so well of his father so it's gonna be cute to see them interact here). I was also sorta hoping for Morva too so I'm a bit bummed about it, specially because Selena got a second seasonal and Morva might never even show up on the game. All in all, the banner looks pretty alright, Selena is pretty good for a demote and her weapon is pretty solid (the demotes have been notably good as of late), the duo being Lyon+Eirika was expected but pretty nice (also, a bit ironic that all of the duos that Eirika, Ephraim and Lyon are in are among themselves), I bet Vigarde will be good too and I'm excited to see his interactions with Lyon, the arts are good, it's all good, but still I think I'll skip this one.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I dunno man. Objectively, it's an okay banner ... but Sacred Stones characters who are not Myrrh, Ephraim, Eirika, and Lyon (and Tana) exist. Also, I'm not super happy about Selena being on this banner. It's fine for her to get alts, but she was also the only one of Grado's generals to have an alt to begin with. Kind of like how Ursula is the only Black Fang member to get seasonal alts. I wonder why. (Yes, I know Fallen Linus exists.) Kinda wish Selena had just been Fado so we could have double parent action or something.

Yeah, exactly this! I like Selena too but is she even that popular? And in Ursula's case the problem is really alarming, how come she has more alts than Lloyd? (and "because she's a woman" doesn't even look like a reasonable excuse here, because Lloyd has always had notably a lot more hype than her! And if they just wanted a woman then why not Sonia? Why do they give Sonia's personality to Ursula instead of just using Sonia herself? Ursula could've had 1 seasonal with that summer alt years ago and Sonia could've gotten 1 too by getting the Khadein slot last year in Usrula's place, but noooo) This year Lloyd and Sonia were both on the top 5 most voted FE7 characters in the CYL interim results and I suspect that being randomly pushed aside for Ursula might be one of the reasons (of course, despite the fact that they were both already popular). My biggest problem with Selena getting this alt now is not even is because she's getting more than the other Grado's generals, but that it's a valentines banner - of all banners- so she seems really shoehorned and is taking the place of other better options like Fado or Morva I guess I can say that at least it's not Tana lol.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

What a waste. No Fado, and the only character who hasn't already gotten a seasonal is Vigarde. I guess it's nice to see Lyon getting a duo (and a proper seasonal in general), but also it's hilarious that it was the exact duo people predicted just based on the logic of "FE8 royals duo that wouldn't conflict with any previous duos". Also holy shit Lyon's effects look busted.

Not just that, people would probably have guessed it anyway since Lyon was so close to the twins and was in love with Eirika, so having him on the valentines banner with them woud be easily guessable either way.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I am kinda disappointed that it's Vigarde in this group and not Fado or Morva. Or, heck, even Ismaire. She could have taken Vigarde's spot, and Joshua could have taken Selena's.

Man... that'd have been pretty cool, I'm more and more disappointed by the choice of shoving Selena here.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Ismaire is at least likely to get into Heroes elsewhere. I guess Vigarde has the benefit of showing his alive self? Funny parallel to Gustav in that way. But I was really hoping for Fado.

I wanted Fado too but I think he should have taken Selena's (or even Myrrh's) place, not Vigarde's, I'm actually pretty excited to see Vigarde and Lyon interact a bit given how well Lyon always speaks of his dad, I'm likely more excited to see them interacting that I'd be to see the twins interacting with Fado.

Oooookay. Selena being there (again?) is kind of weird. She feels like the odd one out. Myrrh is adorable here. It's nice that Lyon's dad gets to be here, even though he wasn't featured in the trailer at all (except as a sprite.) It's a bit hard to pin down the theme, but it almost feels like the focus is on Lyon, not the twins (except that Myrrh is there and I don't think the two of them have a connection?)

Anyway, cool. I'm a fan of Ephraim, but I'm a bit burnt out on him getting alts right now, so I'm not that excited. The only one I know I'd want is the freebie, so... *shrug* I guess we'll see how I feel once the banner goes live.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oooookay. Selena being there (again?) is kind of weird. She feels like the odd one out.

I don't think its weird. Selena just seems to be the equivalent of Altina or Igrene. The more mature ''middle aged'' lady they seem to find a reliable whale bait. In a banner as safe as this they wouldn't let such a favored archetype go.

Takes a lot to get me to care about seasonal banners, but actually living Vigarde will be great to see and far better fan service than Fado (hold tight guys, we might genuinely get base Fado with a few Sacred Stones characters are left for New Heroes banners).

Is it me or has been IS playing it much safer with their seasonals than usual? This Christmas we already had a banner with just the Three Houses lords, now we have a Stones banner with only the main characters and Magvel's Altina. 

No minor character in sight and certainly not as the focus. 

If I didn't care about Duels before, now it's for sure. Lyon just made it unplayable.

Anyway, boring picks as always when we have Seasonal Sacred Stones heroes.

This is an easy skip. May pull colorless and green on my free summon circle, and that's it.

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I wanted Fado too but I think he should have taken Selena's (or even Myrrh's) place, not Vigarde's, I'm actually pretty excited to see Vigarde and Lyon interact a bit given how well Lyon always speaks of his dad, I'm likely more excited to see them interacting that I'd be to see the twins interacting with Fado.

That's fair. I was thinking in terms of a single "dad" slot, but the original Valentine's banner had both Hector and Eliwood.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Takes a lot to get me to care about seasonal banners, but actually living Vigarde will be great to see and far better fan service than Fado (hold tight guys, we might genuinely get base Fado with a few Sacred Stones characters are left for New Heroes banners).

The math is a bit weird. The Sacred Stones characters on CYL8 who don't yet have a regular version are: Franz, Moulder, Garcia, Artur, Forde, Kyle, Dozla, Saleh, Fado, Glen, Hayden, Ismaire, and Morva. That's 13, so if we get three batches of four, someone will be left out. Which I guess would probably be Hayden?

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's fair. I was thinking in terms of a single "dad" slot, but the original Valentine's banner had both Hector and Eliwood.

The math is a bit weird. The Sacred Stones characters on CYL8 who don't yet have a regular version are: Franz, Moulder, Garcia, Artur, Forde, Kyle, Dozla, Saleh, Fado, Glen, Hayden, Ismaire, and Morva. That's 13, so if we get three batches of four, someone will be left out. Which I guess would probably be Hayden?

Unless they make Morva a Fallen Unit and call it a day there. He doesn't have a non fallen Manakete design after all. Though they could give him Myrrh's, or something like this fan made pallete, which is awesome.

Unarmed.gif

Dragonstone.gif

Though of those three banners one each needs to be a Grand Hero Battle unit and there's not a lot of perfect candidates there. Glen is a shoe in for one of them, but then what? Fado because he's the least saleable? Or, some of the non CYL bosses to try and push those 13 units up to 16 for banners. Carlyle at the very least feels like he could get in off of Ismarie's back. Gheb if the Japanese know about western memes. Aias is kind of memorable for being part of Caellach's arc. And Pablo is actually pretty important in terms of lore even if he lacks charisma. Mansel, L'Arachel's father, also exists. Sure we're scraping pretty low to the barrel with these suggestions, but it's a pretty exhausted barrel (though not as bad as Awakening yet, and in many practical terms SoV, because most of those CYL minor boss candidates are less than forgettable.

Edited by Jotari

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Unless they make Morva a Fallen Unit and call it a day there. He doesn't have a non fallen Manakete design after all. Though they could give him Myrrh's, or something like this fan made pallete, which is awesome.

Unarmed.gif

Dragonstone.gif

Though of those three banners one each needs to be a Grand Hero Battle unit and there's not a lot of perfect candidates there. Glen is a shoe in for one of them, but then what? Fado because he's the least saleable? Or, some of the non CYL bosses to try and push those 13 units up to 16 for banners. Carlyle at the very least feels like he could get in off of Ismarie's back. Gheb if the Japanese know about western memes. Aias is kind of memorable for being part of Caellach's arc. And Pablo is actually pretty important in terms of lore even if he lacks charisma. Mansel, L'Arachel's father, also exists. Sure we're scraping pretty low to the barrel with these suggestions, but it's a pretty exhausted barrel (though not as bad as Awakening yet, and in many practical terms SoV, because most of those CYL minor boss candidates are less than forgettable.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts about Morva: that he theoretically could work as a Fallen unit, but that the GHB pool is low enough as-is.

I feel like if they were planning to consider adding those other bosses, they would have added them to CYL by now.

Getting Vigarde is weird and while I know these are all the "safe" FE8 characters... inhales

MYRRH AND EPHRAIM LOOK ADORABLE AND WE GOT A LYON/ EIRIKA DUO WITH LYON IN FRONT, I DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS EVEN POSSIBLE AHHHHHHHH

So yeah, the trifecta of FE8 duos is complete! On the other hand, I wanted to get Triandra and spark the AHR banner so this is going to be a painful month. At least the Alcryst rerun and Engage HoF are in April so I have time to recover my Orbs...

Edited by DefyingFates

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I had the same thoughts about Morva: that he theoretically could work as a Fallen unit, but that the GHB pool is low enough as-is.

They don't commonly give us dragons as GHB units though. At least, the only one I can think of is Garon off the top of my head. And Fallen would make more sense for the character given what his only extant dragon design is. Course there's nothing stopping them making Morva both a fallen and a base version (still surprised they shut down that for Medeus by giving us a mix of both his appearance as a mythic, sure the character isn't popular, but a final boss like that is as good excuse as any for a premium dragon unit).

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

I feel like if they were planning to consider adding those other bosses, they would have added them to CYL by now

Have they never added NPCs that aren't on CYL? Well, other than people like Ullhr and Eliminie who weren't really in the games in the first place. Either way, it's not like we're getting three Sacred Stones banners tomorrow. Three banners could be another four years away, and if they try to extend it out to a fifth with my suggested more minor characters then that's a sixth year away. Plenty of time for them to get desperate and for those characters to go on their radar and be added to CYL. I do hope they start adding characters to older titles on CYL again at some point, as there's still a lot of characters I'd like to see on it (not characters I'd actually vote for, of course, but still want there on principal given other inclusions).

9 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Man... that'd have been pretty cool, I'm more and more disappointed by the choice of shoving Selena here.

With Vigarde present though, you might be able to put forward a fig leaf of justification for her?

All three of the old Gemstone generals admired Emperor Vigarde. Yet Selena is the one who willingly dies a Camus because of how much she loved the Emperor. She couldn't defect  to the heroes when Myrrh told her Vigarde's change was irreversible, because her devotion was such that she simply couldn't live without the Vigarde she once knew.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

They don't commonly give us dragons as GHB units though. At least, the only one I can think of is Garon off the top of my head. And Fallen would make more sense for the character given what his only extant dragon design is. Course there's nothing stopping them making Morva both a fallen and a base version (still surprised they shut down that for Medeus by giving us a mix of both his appearance as a mythic, sure the character isn't popular, but a final boss like that is as good excuse as any for a premium dragon unit).

Have they never added NPCs that aren't on CYL? Well, other than people like Ullhr and Eliminie who weren't really in the games in the first place. Either way, it's not like we're getting three Sacred Stones banners tomorrow. Three banners could be another four years away, and if they try to extend it out to a fifth with my suggested more minor characters then that's a sixth year away. Plenty of time for them to get desperate and for those characters to go on their radar and be added to CYL. I do hope they start adding characters to older titles on CYL again at some point, as there's still a lot of characters I'd like to see on it (not characters I'd actually vote for, of course, but still want there on principal given other inclusions).

I don't think they're categorically unwilling to have dragon units be GHBs, so much as that most of the candidates have been a big enough deal for them to want to market other ways. But ones like Morva and Jahn seem like good fits for GHBs.

Ullr and Elimine didn't really have usable ingame visuals, so that's reason for them to not have their additions be preceded by a CYL appearance. And while it's true that three Sacred Stones banners will take years, IS probably already has a good idea of what they want them to look like. So I'd expect them to already have an idea of where they might want to go further down the line, and be adding relevant units to CYL now in preparation.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think they're categorically unwilling to have dragon units be GHBs, so much as that most of the candidates have been a big enough deal for them to want to market other ways. But ones like Morva and Jahn seem like good fits for GHBs.

Ullr and Elimine didn't really have usable ingame visuals, so that's reason for them to not have their additions be preceded by a CYL appearance. And while it's true that three Sacred Stones banners will take years, IS probably already has a good idea of what they want them to look like. So I'd expect them to already have an idea of where they might want to go further down the line, and be adding relevant units to CYL now in preparation.

They did add Dithorba to CYL like a week before she actually got into the game, so I'm not sure they think that far ahead, at least in regards to CYL. But assuming only CYL characters are possible and Morva isn't classed as fallen, then, yeah, Hayden is the most likely to get shafted. Which is a shame since he has the most interesting class of the Creature Campaign bunch.