New Heroes: Attuned Ivy & Rearmed Hortensia

Unsure whether Celine and Diamant were robbed, or if it's totally lame that 4/6 currently released Engage royals are locked out of the main pool. I guess both work.

EDIT: Also IS apparently used their one braincell for once and didn't put Goldmary on this banner when we already had two princesses on it.

Edited by Sunwoo

SHIT, I really wanted this banner to go to Archanea so that I could ignore it.

I guess my orb saving plans get to be put on hold......for about the umpteenth time now. Also, GHB Mauvier instead of GHB Griss greatly disappoints me.

My eyes skipped over the word Rearmed there and thought it was just Attuned Ivy and regular Hortensia. Having both hero types present kinda changes everything about this banner, far more than the few Rearmed + Ascended hero banners we've had in the past.

I'll wait for a more digestible explanation of what each of them do, but at the moment I think this is easily ahead of whatever the upcoming Legendary banner might bring. Though of course that might be another Legendary + Emblem banner, hmm.

Fascinating approach, and I guess we can expect the Solm banner to do the same thing.

We finally have Arcane weapons for all the launch weapon types! Also I'm glad I was right about Rosado not being the demote. Mauvier seems a bit squandered as a GHB, but maybe he'll get a cool prf.

Geez, if Horty's special is inheritable, that means there's no way to get all her skills with one copy: Staff, Return, Return+, Special, Catch. Wrathful. Sextuple SI when?

Now only one of my favorite characters from each game is entirely missing from Heroes.

My predictions for this banner were pretty off, aside from the really obvious ones.

I've been wanting a Rearmed staff, but now I have to figure out how many I have to summon for because sheesh, I'll need multiple copies just for one unit with all the fodder present there. Ivy and Rosado both have some fodder I want, too. I don't think I have the orbs for this, lol.

This banner is conflicting for me. Hortensia and Rosado aren't just my least favorite playable characters in Engage, they're two of my least favorite characters in the entire franchise. But their fodder here is really useful for multiple units I use regularly. Darn them.

Oh, no. Both of the guys are also cute. Unfortunately, I can't really spare orbs for units that will end up in the standard pool.

And Soaring Echo is unfortunately not going to be in particularly high demand for me since it's a pure support skill, so it will really only be optimal on support units.

Hortensia is pretty clearly the most valuable unit on the banner.

Anyways, translation notes because I don't want to read skill descriptions right now:

The banner name, "Attuned Ivy & Rearmed Hortensia", is "響心アイビー&魔器オルテンシア" (kyōshin aibī & maki orutenshia), "Attuned Ivy & Arcane Hortensia". As usual, "響心" (kyōshin), "resonating hearts", is the term used for Attuned Heroes, and "魔器" (maki), "magic weapon", is the term used for both Rearmed Heroes and Arcane weapons.

Rosado's epithet, "Adorable Artist", is "描き出す可憐" (egaki-dasu karen), "Drawn Loveliness".

Axe of Adoration is "可憐の斧" (karen no ono), "Axe of Loveliness".

Earthwind Boost is "生命の疾風大地" (seimei no shippū daichi), "Gale/Earth of Lifeblood". As usual, the Boost series uses the same stat indicators as the Balm and Dance series.

Wyvern Rift is "飛竜裂空" (hiryū rekkū), "Wyvern Sky Rend". "飛竜" (hiryū), "flying dragon", is the term localized as "wyvern".

Kagetsu's epithet, "Onigiri Samurai", is "おにぎり侍" (onigiri samurai), "Onigiri Samurai".

Reversal Blade is "強化反転の剣" (kyōka hanten no ken), "Bonus Reversal Sword". "強化" (kyōka), "strengthening", is the term used specifically for stat bonuses. And once again, it's anything but a "sword".

Hortensia's epithet, "Little Charmer", is "愛らしい雪華" (airashii sekka), "Adorable Snowflake".

Arcane Charmer is "魔器・愛らしい雪杖" (maki: airashii setsujō), "Arcane Weapon: Adorable Snow Staff".

Glitter of Light is "輝映の聖光" (kiei no seikō), "Holy Light of Shining Reflection".

Glittering Anima is "煌めく理力" (kirameku riryoku), "Glittering Strength of Anima". "理" (ri), "reason", is the term localized as "anima".

Ivy's epithet, "Snow Queen", is "吹き渡る雪" (fuki-wataru yuki), "Snow That Blows Across".

Icebound Tome is "吹き渡る雪書" (fuki-wataru setsusho), "Snow Tome That Blows Across".

Obsession is "執着" (shūchaku), "Obsession".

A/R Far Trace is "攻撃魔防の遠影" (kōgeki mabō no en'ei), "Atk/Res Distant Trace". As usual, "影" (ei), usually meaning "shadow" or "reflection", here means "trace", as in "something left behind".

Soaring Echo is "響・飛走の先導" (kyō: hisō no sendō), "Resonance: Flier/Infantry Guidance". "飛走の先導" (hisō no sendō) is the name of the Soaring Guidance skill. "飛走" (hisō) literally translates as "flying and running".

Mauvier's epithet, "Penitent Knight", is "救済の騎士" (kyūsai no kishi), "Knight of Salvation".

Penitent Lance is "救済の騎士の槍" (kyūsai no kishi no yari), "Lance of the Knight of Salvation".

On 2/17/2024 at 9:36 PM, Humanoid said:

Geez, if Horty's special is inheritable, that means there's no way to get all her skills with one copy: Staff, Return, Return+, Special, Catch. Wrathful. Sextuple SI when?

It's definitely inheritable. Its name in Japanese follows the same pattern as all of the other offensive staff Special skills.

And there's really no reason to bother with transferring Atk/Spd Catch 4 from her considering we still don't have Atk/Spd Catch 3 in the standard 4-star pool, so you're probably going to be grabbing it at the same time as Atk/Spd Catch 3 from another source anyways.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

And there's really no reason to bother with transferring Atk/Spd Catch 4 from her considering we still don't have Atk/Spd Catch 3 in the standard 4-star pool, so you're probably going to be grabbing it at the same time as Atk/Spd Catch 3 from another source anyways.

True in that there's also probably no live candidate in my barracks for a Catch skill anyway. For cavalry my best candidate would probably be Veronica, but I'd probably rather wait for a newer unit, probably a grail-based one. For fliers I'd have even fewer options, I don't have Scion Nanna because I wasn't active back then and beyond that there's a +1 CYL Camilla. Eh.

Then again, my preferred infantry healer would be Elice and I've pulled two copies of her since her debut (and only one Nyna), so I've got nothing.

Now that's a good banner. Two popular and cool guys, and two plot important ladies. I can respect the self restraint of not sacrificing Kagetsu for goldmary. 

The trailer made me remember that despite only appearing a single time the track ''tear streaked'' is an absolute banger. 

There go my Orb saving plans. I'd really like to get both sisters. After so much waiting I'm honestly surprised we actually got an Arcane Staff, but as everyone expected if we were to get one it would be with Hortensia. I'll prioritise her over her sister. Thankfully this banner lasts until March 7th, so I can wait for the Voting Gauntlet to end before deciding how much more I want to commit. In other words, if Peony loses I'll come back and try to get more copies of both sisters.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Two popular and cool guys, and two plot important ladies. I can respect the self restraint of not sacrificing Kagetsu for goldmary. 

The trailer made me remember that despite only appearing a single time the track ''tear streaked'' is an absolute banger.

Agreed on both counts! We even get Mauvier as a GHB (though I can't think of any female contestants left for the role from Engage outside maybe Marni, who isn't nearly as popular).

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Sextuple SI when?

Give it another 4/5 years... sigh

My other major gripe is Kagetsu having Atk/Spd Ideal 3 instead of Atk/Spd Finish 3. Ideals have been around for years (Null Follow-Up too) why not give us something useful with our demotes?!

P.S. Making an Elusia banner right after CYL tells me IS is doing what they did for 3H: wait until just after whoever they expected to win CYL did so before adding them to the normal pool to get them more votes. It didn't work this time, but unless Yunaka is in the very next Engage banner I bet she'll get the same treatment in Feb 2025.

Edited by DefyingFates

Okay. So, I guess I need Ivy because that new slot skill is amazing. By the way, did her VA change? She sounds different to me. Also, while I do note that this is an even split in the m:f ratio for this banner, it's kind of funny how Rosado feels like a compromise in that department. Well, good on IS for actually giving us male retainers in Heroes. With Boucheron and Louis still waiting to join their lieges, I'm a bit surprised that we didn't get Goldmary instead of Kagetsu (even though that would be both of Hortensia's retainers instead of one per princess.)

Also, Hortensia getting an attacking special surprised me. Have we gotten a staff unit with one of those before?

Anyway, grats to Engage for getting a bit more into Heroes! It feels like they're finally getting a presence here. ... I should actually finish Engage someday. (I seem to have a habit of almost beating a game and then just not getting back to it in...a while.)

I wonder how much here is inheritable...

Edit: Ooo Mauvier eh? He's cool. Glad he made it in.

Further, ugh, Heroes has been merciless to my meager supply of orbs lately. Still trying to get Valentine's Ephraim, Valentine's Lyon+Eirika, and Child Mark, and now I'm going to want to get Ivy. I may have to skip this banner. Worse, we may be getting another Emblem unit on the next legendary/mythic/whatever banner, which I'm probably going to want to get, even if it's a character I don't really care much about. Who wants to guess it'll be Lyn or Lucina after this banner dropped? As for the legendary... Not sure. It would be fun if it was on theme, though. Honestly, I'd like it if we got Hyacinth to go with this banner. He probably won't show up for a long time, though, and when he does, it may be on

Spoiler

the fallen banner, alongside Morion. Or an upcoming Valentines' banner, but it seems to me like IS wouldn't do that when they can focus on Alear's families instead.

Not that I'd be opposed to that, but it would just be fun to have the whole family launched at the same time.

Edited by Mercakete

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not in the summoning pool, but Zephia in the grail shop has Atk/Spd Catch 3.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The forging bonds partners have been revealed and surprisingly(as well as disappointingly) Rosado isn't paired up with Forrest. He gets the chat with the Askr siblings instead. But Seteth's gonna be there too for Kagetsu and that's pretty nice

They never list all of the characters who appear in each Forging Bonds story. If they did, Fjorm's name would always pop up.

As for Kagetsu, they aren't being very subtle as to why he is on this banner. He, Seteth and Navarre are all voiced by Takehito Koyasu. Don't be surprised if Saber and/or Lon'qu also show up in Kagetsu's Forging Bonds.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

He, Seteth and Navarre are all voiced by Takehito Koyasu. Don't be surprised if Saber and/or Lon'qu also show up in Kagetsu's Forging Bonds.

Oh? Interesting. I wonder if they'll do something funny with the FBs in other languages too?

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Also, Hortensia getting an attacking special surprised me. Have we gotten a staff unit with one of those before?

Every 5* healer since Duo Elise/ Sakura last year has had one along with a 4* variant of Dazzling/ Wrathful Staff.

5 hours ago, Florete said:

Not in the summoning pool, but Zephia in the grail shop has Atk/Spd Catch 3.

I had a feeling we were missing something obvious, thanks! That makes getting Hortensia's skills even easier! Though if you want both parts of her healing assist you have to give up at least one of her Weapon, Special, A or B Skills...

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh? Interesting. I wonder if they'll do something funny with the FBs in other languages too?

Yeah, these are all the FE characters that Koyasu voices: Navarre, Lon'qu, Niles, Saber, Lewyn, Pent, Seteth, Validar (who was just added to FEH two months ago), Kagetsu, Fehnix (not playable but also counts, I guess).

Koyasu kinda stands out among this game's Japanese voice cast as there (at least, when compared to the English voice cast) aren't that many other JP voice actors who voice four (or more) different characters. 

Feels weird to have nothing to complain about on a banner. Well I guess I'd like all the weapons on this banner to be actual weapons from Engage which none(?) of them are, but that's just flavour. What is Mauvier packing? Did they give him generic slaying lance or is he actually rocking the flame lance? Or staves, being a stage cavalry would completely suit him and we don't have many males of the class, or indeed many (any?) Staff cavalry GHB units.