New Heroes & Attuned Azura

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immediately relieved by the title only mentioning one alt, which is an odd feeling.

I'm surprised to not see Scarlet, but Mozu and Hayato have been pretty high-profile omissions, and Yukimura is a neat bonus. I'd expected him to be overlooked for a lot longer, but I'm delighted to see that he wasn't. Meanwhile we get to finally start breaking into the capture units with Candace.

Edited by Othin

Yukimura over Scarlet or Shura, and as a 5 star at that, is certainly a choice. I'm not calling it a bad one necessarily, just one I certainly didn't see coming.

I'm guessing this means Scarlet is going to end up debuting on a Fallen Heroes banner, possibly the one coming up?

As of this, top missing Fates characters by CYL8 score:

• 112. Scarlet (641)
  • 152. Mitama (446)
  • 168. Shura (389)
  • 256. Hisame (203)
  • [259.] Anankos (197)
  • 291. Izana (159)
  • 311. Sophie (133)
  • 317. Layla (126)
  • 331. Haitaka (112)
  • [336.] Anna (106)
  • 343. Sumeragi (99)
  • [358.] Reina (84)

I'm happy to finally see Mozu, and Yukimura is a nice bonus that I certainly didn't expect. I'm surprised to see Candace, and...kinda wish she wasn't here? I feel like it should be Shura there was the GHB, not Candace. But, with Mozu and Yukimura there, I guess I can't complain.

This banner sure is a banner.

I'm a teensy bit angry that Hayato gets to be added as a normal unit on a banner, like Ewan several years ago, while IS put Tormod in seasonal hell. But that's a "me" problem.

EDIT: Also, Candace isn't a - bad - option, per say, but with so many glaring omissions and the rate of banners being slow as molasses, I really would've preferred Shura or Percy or some otherwise playable character ;/ EDIT2: Fuck emojis.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just remember that non Rearmed/Attuned Dancers cannot use Mercy-Wing Echo with their personal dance skill (Legendary Azura cannot run Gray Waves+ alongside an Echo skill).

Overall the banner is a skip to me, but some nice Heroes there. I liked Yukimaru's Drive 30% Null DR.

I have been sitting on a lot of grails and feathers, last grail unit i +10d was Cornelia.

I'll might make Candace my next one if she's interesting enough, no real interest in these units.

Ah. Mozu. It's about time she made it in. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't been in sooner. Also, I love how she does better near nature terrain. It's so fitting! And YUKIMURA?! Okay, I didn't expect he'd make it in so soon/at all. I'm glad! ... Darn; kind of want to pull for him... I guess my free summon will be colorless. Also, they did a good job making Hayato look more different from Ricken. But his attacking art... The bottom of his nose needs to be more distinct from the rest of his face. It makes his face take a weird shape. Also, his "I ignore terrain" thing feels like he was late to the Kaldein (or however it's spelled) banner (especially since he's a magic practitioner.) Azura... I mean, it makes sense, given her connection to the Corrins, but... I guess I'm just kind of sick of her.

All in all, fairly happy with this banner, PLUS it's skippable! Except that I want Yukimura. I'll try to just be patient -- he's entering the regular pool, so I should save my orbs for the fallen banner (even though they are also going into the regular pool. Fallen units are usually really powerful, though, and I love the theme the characters follow. I can wait for Yukimura.)

Edit: Oh, Candace is the freebie this time, eh? Isn't she the gal from Midori's map? If so, nice! She's a fun baddie. Like, she was enjoyable to read and I like her design.

Edited by Mercakete

Mozu's country accent in Japanese is adorable. Yukimura's art is gorgeous. I have no idea why the Fates localization team renamed Tsukuyomi to "Hayato".

Bonus Doubler 4 now being added to the standard summoning pool is pretty cool. It's also nice to finally get Sabotage A/D 3. Now to wait for Atk/Def Ploy 3.

Assuming Mercy-Wing Echo has the same inheritance restrictions as Wings of Mercy (i.e. none), it looks like a funny skill to give to armors for teleportation shenanigans.

Anyways, here are the usual translation notes:

The banner name, "New Heroes & Attuned Azura", is "新英雄&響心アクア" (shin eiyū & kyōshin akua), "New Heroes & Resonating Hearts Azura". As usual, "響心" (kyōshin), "resonating hearts", is the term used for Attuned Heroes.

Mozu's epithet, "Tragic Start", is "悲劇にさす光明" (higeki ni sasu kōmyō), "Light That Shines Upon Tragedy".

Forager Naginata is "農地の主の薙刀" (nōchi no aruji no naginata), "Naginata of the Farmland's Proprietor".

A/S Bulwark is "攻撃速さの防壁" (kōgeki hayasa no bōheki), "Atk/Spd Bulwark".

Yukimura's epithet, "Puppet Master", is "白夜王国の軍師" (byakuya ōkoku no gunshi), "The Kingdom of Hoshido's Tactician".

Perspicacious is "軍略伝授の刃" (gunryaku denju no yaiba), "Blade of Tactics Instruction".

Sabotage A/D is "攻撃守備の混乱" (kōgeki shubi no konran), "Atk/Def Confusion".

Hayato's epithet, "Diviner of Reppu", is "烈風城の呪い師" (reppū-jō no majinai-shi), "Diviner of Castle Reppū". "呪い師" (majinai-shi), "spellcaster", but with "呪い" (majinai) typically referring to more traditional charms and curses rather than Western fantasy magic, is the name of the Diviner class. "烈風" (reppū) translates to "gale".

Rauðrlantern is "ラウアランタン" (rauarantan), "Rauðrlantern".

Azura's epithet, "Song's Reflection", is "響く絆のうた" (hibiku kizuna no uta), "Song of Resonating Bonds".

Tri-Path Splitter is "三つの道歌う法具" (mittsu no michi utau hōgu), "Ritual Tool That Sings the Three Paths".

Changing Waters is "つたうみなすじ" (tsutau minasuji), "The Water Vein That I Follow". This is the third line of the Japanese lyrics of the song Lost in Thoughts All Alone from Fates.

A/D Cantrip is "攻撃守備の魅了" (kōgeki shubi no miryō), "Atk/Def Charm".

Mercy-Wing Echo is "響・救援の行路" (kyō: kyūen no kōro), "Resonance: Path of Rescue". "救援の行路" (kyūen no kōro), "path of rescue", is the name of the Wings of Mercy skill.

Candace's epithet, "Sly Snatcher", is "神出鬼没の探検家" (shinshutsu kibotsu no tankenka), "Elusive Explorer". "神出鬼没" (shishutsu kibotsu) is an idiom that literally translates as "appearing like a god and disappearing like a demon", referring to someone or something that appears at unexpected times and places.

Lucrative Bow is "有利状態の弓" (yūri jōtai no yumi), "Advantageous-Condition Bow". "有利状態" (yūri jōtai), "advantageous condition" (as a compound word), is a contraction of "有利な状態" (yūri na jōtai), "advantageous condition" (as an adjective modifying a noun), which is the term used for Bonus in Heroes.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Wow, a banner I can be completely happy with. Yukimura is even a cavalry unit, which isn't necessarily accurate to Fates, but was a very sensible choice given the lack of any other canon Cavalry Knife units. I think the most interesting thing here though is Candace as a GHB unit. This is something I was predicting, well, not her specifically, but one of the Fates captureable bosses. Since the way they're treated in CYL (or more specifically the handful of bosses who aren't among there group aren't treated) means they do seem to consider them playable characters. And now they've finally started adding them. Although, this does but Zola, Kotaro, Sumeragi and Mikoto in an interesting spot where they're all more important units yet the GHB needs to be filled up with these capturable bosses (well, I say need, but IS will do whatever the hell they want, precedent and future be damned).  But I do think there's a very fair chance that Sumeragi and Mikoto at least will show up as regular banner units alongside the 12 remaining playable characters. If the game can manage to last another four or five years that is.

Fates characters remaining

First Gen

Shura, Izana, Reina, Scarlet, Fuga, Anna

Second Gen

Sophie,Asugi, Hisame, Mitama, Ignatius, Percy

NPC (on CYL)

Mikoto, Rainbow Sage, Sumeragi, Zola

The captureable bosses; Daichi, Daniela, Funke,Gazak, Haitaka, Kumagera, Layla, Llewyn, Lloyd, Nichol, Senno, Tarba, Zhara

Anankos has got a fallen version which seems to be base Anankos. Mikoto got an adrift alt which might be considered her base form (that Adrift banner has somehow felt even more irrelevant on retrospect, we could have five more Fates characters now without it). Kotaro should also absolutely be on CYL, as should the Hidden Truths version of Good Anankos.

With six first gen and six second units remaining, I think we can comfortably expect to see generation segregated banners adding three units from each plus a GHB. They seem to have a Hoshidan banner this time, so I expect the child banner units to be separated by Hoshidan and Nohr. The first gen is a little less clear since only Reina is clearly aligned with one or the other. Also Fates!Anna might not count as her own unit in Fates.

Edited by Jotari

Hey IS, can you stop giving us red demotes? The 3-4 star red pool is bloated to point where I still haven’t gotten Fee (or Kagetsu, but at least he is more recent) at all.

The day where I never have to see the likes of Draug or Raigh again can’t arrive soon enough.

I'm actually really surprised Yukimura got to be in the game. He's old, he's an afterthought narratively, he's as unpopular as he should be and he's poorly written. 

Nice to see Mozu, Hayato and best girl Candace though. For the forging bond its probably inevitable Hayto, Ricken and Lysithea will all scream ''NO YOU'RE THE KID!'' at each other. 

Not gonna lie, Candace was one heck of a goated pick for GHB, it really made my day. Fates has been really good about giving us cool bosses and NPCs for GHBs instead of boring playable characters *coffcoffCastorcoff*. Xander was the exception at the very beginning, but they have been great after that one. 

Can't believe so many people wanted Shura. He can be put on a banner! The limited GHB slots need to go to the capturable bosses + Zola, Kilma and Kohtaro. And there are not enough slots anyway.

Anyway, the even better news is that they put only Azura here as a special unit. We had precedent for expecting to see Ascended Takumi or something, and no Yukimura which would have sucked. Let's hope this continues to be the case going forward.

With Mozu and Hayato in the game one of the three major groups of characters, the not-corrinsexuals is finally done. 

Next is the corrinsexuals and the kids. And I guess the Playable Bosses but I'm under no delusion that ALL of them will get in. It's more likely for us to actually get all 8 Elibe Legends in the game.

Easiest skip in a long time. With the last New Heroes banner, Attuned Caeda wrecked me even though I was gonna skip and I ended up going all the way to spark for her with a literal 5.25% rate and no five stars. No such trap this time. I already have emblem Ike so I'm pretty safe to just dump whatever orbs I grab towards the Green Dream or the Kids banner for ridiculously OP Female Robin.

That being said, congrats to whoever has been waiting for these units. I'm gonna go back to sitting around waiting for Edward...

17 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Not gonna lie, Candace was one heck of a goated pick for GHB, it really made my day. Fates has been really good about giving us cool bosses and NPCs for GHBs instead of boring playable characters *coffcoffCastorcoff*. Xander was the exception at the very beginning, but they have been great after that one. 

Can't believe so many people wanted Shura. He can be put on a banner! The limited GHB slots need to go to the capturable bosses + Zola, Kilma and Kohtaro. And there are not enough slots anyway.

Anyway, the even better news is that they put only Azura here as a special unit. We had precedent for expecting to see Ascended Takumi or something, and no Yukimura which would have sucked. Let's hope this continues to be the case going forward.

With Mozu and Hayato in the game one of the three major groups of characters, the not-corrinsexuals is finally done. 

Next is the corrinsexuals and the kids. And I guess the Playable Bosses but I'm under no delusion that ALL of them will get in. It's more likely for us to actually get all 8 Elibe Legends in the game.

If they did give us an ascended alt, then they would have given us Yukimura or another character as a free unit, I'm pretty sure. That's how it usually is. I think the only one, at least recently, who didn't give us four new characters was the infamous Muycen banner, but that was because they had two OCs on the main banner, they still give us a free unit in addition to the GHB.

Just now, Jotari said:

If they did give us an ascended alt, then they would have given us Yukimura or another character as a free unit, I'm pretty sure. That's how it usually is. I think the only one, at least recently, who didn't give us four new characters was the infamous Muycen banner, but that was because they had two OCs on the main banner, they still give us a free unit in addition to the GHB.

Nope. In the last Archanea banner they gave us two alts (Merric and Caeda) and 2 regular characters (Arlen and Yuliya) with a GHB Castor. No instant demote.

Which means we would have gotten two alts (Azura and Takumi) and 2 regulars (Mozu and Hayato) with a GHB Candace.

The precedente (and to be fair there is only two cases) is that when we get 2 special heroes who aren't OCs we only get two units and GHB with no demotes.

The same thing happened with specail heroes Ivy and Hortensia that only had two regular characters (Rosado and Kagetsu) + GHB Mauvier. No demotes.

It is asbolutely bullsh*t but it is what happened so far. I hope that they change their minds and either give us only one like in this new banner, or make instant demotes the norm.

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

Nope. In the last Archanea banner they gave us two alts (Merric and Caeda) and 2 regular characters (Arlen and Yuliya) with a GHB Castor. No instant demote.

Which means we would have gotten two alts (Azura and Takumi) and 2 regulars (Mozu and Hayato) with a GHB Candace.

The precedente (and to be fair there is only two cases) is that when we get 2 special heroes who aren't OCs we only get two units and GHB with no demotes.

The same thing happened with specail heroes Ivy and Hortensia that only had two regular characters (Rosado and Kagetsu) + GHB Mauvier. No demotes.

It is asbolutely bullsh*t but it is what happened so far. I hope that they change their minds and either give us only one like in this new banner, or make instant demotes the norm.

My view would be the it depends on the banner. Fates is in the moderate position of remaining characters, so if we got one less tragedy it wouldn't be a tragedy. And if it happened again in SoV or Awakening then it's a bit embarrassing as they're clearly grasping. But doing it for Archanea, Tellius or a Jugdral game is a bit ridiculous when they have dozens of characters left compared to other games. They should be throwing the minor characters at us.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

My view would be the it depends on the banner. Fates is in the moderate position of remaining characters, so if we got one less tragedy it wouldn't be a tragedy. And if it happened again in SoV or Awakening then it's a bit embarrassing as they're clearly grasping. But doing it for Archanea, Tellius or a Jugdral game is a bit ridiculous when they have dozens of characters left compared to other games. They should be throwing the minor characters at us.

Doing it for Archanea is ridiculous and yet it's exactly what they have done   :^)  Kill me please

At least they didn't do it for the Thracia New Heroes banner.

But I don't agree with your opinion at all. Sure it's not as much of a tragedy it if happens to a game with few characters left, but I still don't want to get one less unit for absolutely no reason.

Give us minor NPCs for all I care. Mustafa, Candace, Hestia and so on are enough proof that you are willing to do it. So do it. JUST DO IT!

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Doing it for Archanea is ridiculous and yet it's exactly what they have done   :^)  Kill me please

At least they didn't do it for the Thracia New Heroes banner.

But I don't agree with your opinion at all. Sure it's not as much of a tragedy it if happens to a game with few characters left, but I still don't want to get one less unit for absolutely no reason.

Give us minor NPCs for all I care. Mustafa, Candace, Hestia and so on are enough proof that you are willing to do it. So do it. JUST DO IT!

Well, I guess I'd put it this way, I'd be more disgruntled on a banner with fewer units. I would of course be thrilled if they started giving us characters like Halcyon and Irma over another alt. But I don't expect it.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

I really hope Shura is summonable on a banner and not as a GHB. He’s one of my favorite Fates characters and it’s a shame he only had two supports. A Forging Bonds conversation would be wonderful for him. On the other hand, I wouldn’t be devastated if he were a GHB as long as he had decent skills, as it would make him easier to obtain and he is a character I would definitely +10.

I was expecting a Birthright/Hoshido-themed banner, but the roster is different than I expected. I’m genuinely surprised to see Mozu and Yukimura on this banner (and as 5-star units!) but no Scarlet. I’m quite happy to see Hayato finally in Heroes, as he’s one of my favorite Hoshidan characters. Too bad his art is terrible. At least he looks like a decent demote unit and great fodder. Attack/Speed Ideal is a welcome addition to the 4-star pool (if it wasn’t added recently) and I really hope Rauorlantern is inheritable.

While Attuned Azura killed my dream of an Attuned Jakob with a Corrin theme, at least I like her design. Her skills seem less impressive than Mozu and Yukimura, though. There is also a non-zero chance of an Attuned Corrin with a Jakob theme, which would be awesome as well.

The GHB choice is weird (still no Shura, and if not him I was expecting Kotaro for a Hoshidan-themed banner) but I actually like Candace and I’m curious how Heroes will handle her character. That’s one thing I love about Heroes: it adds a lot to characters who didn’t get to do or say much in their games. I really enjoyed how Heroes handled Brigand Boss, who is about as minor as Candace.

That's fun that they included Candace, the capture units were fun to use in Fates. I'd like to see the other capturable bosses such as Zhara, Nichol, and Haitaka.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Instant demotes are very clearly only tied to whether or not there are Heroes characters on the banner. Out of the 26 banners that have had instant demotes, 21 of them had a Heroes unit on it. The remaining 5 banners with instant demotes and no Heroes characters are the first Engage banner and the 4 consecutive New Heroes banners immediately before Peony's banner, which was the first New Heroes banner centered around a different game to include a Heroes unit.

Essentially, you can expect any banner with a Heroes unit on it to have an instant demote. You shouldn't expect any other banner to have one, but it still might happen extremely rarely.

Here's every single New Heroes banner since the first instant demote along with every Heroes unit and every unit with a special unit type that appeared on those banners:

Spoiler
  • Banutu: No special units.
  • Valbar: No special units.
  • Ross: Duo Ephraim.
  • Chad: No special units.
  • Tanya: Mythic Peony from Heroes.
  • No instant demote on the Genealogy banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the TMS banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the Blazing banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the Fodlan banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the Fates banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the fallen banner. No special units.
  • Emmeryn: Mythic Mirabilis from Heroes.
  • No instant demote on the Akaneia banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the CYL banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the Radiance banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the Binding banner. No special units.
  • Knoll: Mythic Reginn from Heroes.
  • No instant demote on the Thracia banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the Genealogy banner. No special units.
  • No instant demote on the Blazing banner. No special units.
  • Tatiana: Mythic Nott from Heroes.
  • Benny: Nifl from Heroes. No special units.
  • Balthus: Muspell from Heroes. No special units.
  • Vyland: Ascended Fjorm from Heroes.
  • Tanith: Ascended Laegjarn from Heroes.
  • Miriel: Mythic Ash from Heroes.
  • No instant demote on the Sacred Stones banner. Ascended Joshua.
  • No instant demote on the Binding banner. Ascended Idunn.
  • No instant demote on the Thracia banner. Ascended Mareeta.
  • No instant demote on the Genealogy banner. Ascended Ishtar.
  • Guy: Letizia from Heroes. Ascended Florina.
  • Atlas: Ymir from Heroes. Ascended Celica.
  • Female Shez: Rearmed Lif from Heroes. Ascended Hilda.
  • Ricken: Ascended Eir from Heroes. Rearmed Female Robin.
  • Elice: Rearmed Ganglot from Heroes. Ascended Tiki.
  • Kiragi: Mythic Seidr from Heroes. Rearmed Ophelia.
  • Etie: Rearmed Alfred.
  • No instant demote on the Dawn banner. Ascended Elincia.
  • No instant demote on the Sacred Stones banner. Ascended Tana.
  • No instant demote on the Fodlan banner. Rearmed Ingrid.
  • No instant demote on the fallen banner. Rearmed Chrom.
  • Saul: Mythic Heidr from Heroes. Ascended Fir.
  • Lapis: Rearmed Eitr from Heroes. Rearmed Alcryst.
  • No instant demote on the CYL banner.
  • Patty: Rearmed Plumeria from Heroes. Ascended Sety.
  • Hestia: Attuned Peony and Triandra from Heroes. Rearmed Sonya.
  • Wil: Rearmed Ginnungagap from Heroes. Attuned Nino.
  • Inigo: Mythic Ratatoskr from Heroes. Rearmed Lucina.
  • No instant demote on the Thracia banner. Rearmed Reinhardt.
  • No instant demote on the Engage banner. Rearmed Hortensia. Attuned Ivy.
  • No instant demote on the Akaneia banner. Ascended Merric. Attuned Caeda.
  • No instant demote on the Fates banner. Attuned Azura.