(Mafia Sucks) SF Mafia: The Revival - GAME OVER, Town Wins!

Iris

I don't disagree that town!Refa just gets hooked tonight, but idk I think that does give us some info by itself? like it should direct our other info roles (I will not give marching orders and I would hope that any PRs have seen enough to make their own independent judgment)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

i don't understand why you're so hostile to me

If I am coming off as hostile to you, it's because I am incredibly frustrated with not only your play but also your general conduct in the game. You don't seem to be trying to be a team player and you seem to be fine with that.

When I first started playing on SF after coming from a different site, it was a major culture clash for me. But I quickly realized that SF plays different than I'm used to and my usual way of playing was making everyone incorrectly scum read me. My play didn't improve immediately or even within the first few games, but I tried damn hard to meet the other players halfway. And if it was just me having issues with your play that's one thing, but most people here have expressed some degree of frustration over you and it feels like you just don't care.

I don't like sounding hostile and like a jerk, but I'm not going to sugarcoat how I'm feeling.

9 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

@Sunwoodo you think I’m scum or just best option?

I think you could be scum, yes. You're not my top option but I believe I've been stating that I'd be willing to consolidate on you.

6 minutes ago, Percivalé said:

I don't want to elim makaze today either, I'm town reading him, and I'm not 100% sure how I'm feeling about you. this sucks lol

like gun to my head if I have to pick one it would be you sorry

Then it's better than non-lynching, which is what will happen in less than 2 hours if we don't have at least 6 players in a wagon. Voting me makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Prims said:

I'm pretty sure leaving Refa alive just gets them roleblocked regardless (and if they are town there is most certainly some kind of roleblock, since they have an empower).

I mean, that requires knowing role meta information that we don't have, and if Refa is blocked, at least we have the confirmation of a roleblocker, which is more useful than just ditching our alignment cop (checkmate, atheists). imo the risk is worth it and Refa hasn't done anything definitely scummy to justify risking an alignment cop lynch.

1 minute ago, CT075 said:

I don't disagree that town!Refa just gets hooked tonight, but idk I think that does give us some info by itself? like it should direct our other info roles (I will not give marching orders and I would hope that any PRs have seen enough to make their own independent judgment)

This.

if refa is elimmed today I guess it's whatever but I really don't want to elim them today

##Vote: @Rapier

Posted (edited)

Irisâ„¢ Votals: Day 2.0 (~2.5 hours left)

Refa (5): j00, BT., Makaze, Bluedoom, Prims (L-5)!
Rapier (4): 
BBM, Refa, Shinori, Percivale
WeaponsofMassConstruction (4): Rapier, Snike, CT075, Sunwoo
Makaze (2): Elieson, charlie
Prims (1): WeaponsofMassConstruction

The player with the most votes at the end of the Day phase will be Eliminated! With 16 alive, it takes 6 votes minimum to Eliminate a player and 10 votes to Hammer the phase early! Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on May 28th.

(FYI I am on and off working until deadline, so I will try to check in every 1-1.5 hours to provide updated Votals. Please don't ask as I am somewhat busy,  but will try my best to pop in, thanks!).

VOTING HISTORY - Day 1

Page 2:
Rapier votes for Prims
Snike votes for Rapier
Sunwoo votes for Snike
Shinori votes for Elieson
Prims votes for Snike
Refa votes for Makaze
Prims votes for Shinori

Page 3:
BBM votes for Makaze
Makaze votes for BBM

Page 4:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes for Prims
Shinori votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction
Rapier votes for Makaze
Sunwoo votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 5:
Shinori votes for Elieson
Bluedoom votes for Refa
Rapier votes for BBM

Page 6:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes for Sunwoo
Rapier votes for Bluedoom

Page 7:
Refa votes for Sunwoo
Bluedoom votes for Sunwoo
Sunwoo votes for Refa

Page 8:
BBM votes for Prims

Page 9:
Makaze votes for Bluedoom
Shinori votes for Prims

Page 10:
Snike votes for Bluedoom
charlie votes for Shinori
Prims votes for Snike
BBM votes for Snike
Shinori votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 11:
Percivale votes for Bluedoom
j00 votes for Refa

Page 12:
Elieson votes for Makaze

Page 13:

Sunwoo votes for Makaze
Bluedoom unvotes

Page 14:
charlie votes for Rapier

Page 15:
BT. votes for Refa
j00 votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 16:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes Rapier
Prims votes Makaze

Page 17:
BBM votes WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 18:
Bluedoom votes charlie
Refa votes Makaze

Page 19:
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes Elieson
Prims votes for Refa

Page 20:
j00 votes for Refa
Percivale unvotes

Page 21:
Bluedoom votes for Refa

Page 22:
Rapier votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction
Shinori votes for Percivale
CT075 votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 23:
Refa unvotes

Page 24:
Makaze votes for Refa
WeaponsofMassConstruction votes for Prims
Prims votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 25:
Refa votes for Rapier

Page 32:
Shinori votes for Rapier

Page 35:
CT075 votes for Refa

Page 36: 
CT075 unvotes
Makaze votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 37:
Bluedoom unvotes
BT. unvotes

Page 40
BT. votes for Refa
Makaze votes for Refa

Page 41
charlie votes for Makaze
Bluedoom votes for Refa

Page 42
Prims votes for Refa
Snike votes for WeaponsofMassConstruction

Page 44
Percivale votes for Rapier

Edited by Iris

Realistically JoAT with Cop, Martyr and Empower isn't that likely. Okay, so Cop and Martyr are the obvious investigative / defensive roles. What's the Empower for? Making it easier to pull off additional investigations / protects when the JoAT already helps get additional info and protects with its other abilities? The small size and existence of empowerer indicates that this isn't a replacement for one of our usual major PR types, so it seems like this kit's primary purpose is to punish scum for trying to take care of another claimed power role with their usual kit (roleblock/kill), which is pretty harsh. On the other hand, it makes a lot more sense for Empower to belong to a scum JoAT simulating 1 shot of strong-willed, and for martyr to actually be Sidekick or Redirector or something with scum utility.

It's possible I'll eat crow on this spec in a couple hours but I feel good about the lynch.

And yeah scum have fakes but that doesn't mean the fakes are inherently going to fit into the set-up perfectly if true. To me this looks like a scum fake that's meant to be provable but is actually a scum role with a few provable abilities.

Conversely, if Weapons is scum here and Refa is town, Universal Backup is a bit of a ...? mod-given safeclaim? What if Refa dies first? How is scum gonna fake the martyr lol. I guess it's not impossible but it's another reason I think Refa is the play here

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If I am coming off as hostile to you, it's because I am incredibly frustrated with not only your play but also your general conduct in the game. You don't seem to be trying to be a team player and you seem to be fine with that.

When I first started playing on SF after coming from a different site, it was a major culture clash for me. But I quickly realized that SF plays different than I'm used to and my usual way of playing was making everyone incorrectly scum read me. My play didn't improve immediately or even within the first few games, but I tried damn hard to meet the other players halfway. And if it was just me having issues with your play that's one thing, but most people here have expressed some degree of frustration over you and it feels like you just don't care.

I don't like sounding hostile and like a jerk, but I'm not going to sugarcoat how I'm feeling.

I think you could be scum, yes. You're not my top option but I believe I've been stating that I'd be willing to consolidate on you.

i care, but i'm not sure what to do about it. at least if im scumread, there is no way for me to quiet down without becoming a consolidation option

i am willing to follow your suggestions if you have some specifics

ok I'm able to check in on the phase. I see it's really close to end though.

I'm going to request a sub out because there's no way I can keep up with the game at its current rate. If it was half this, I could.

I think the best I can do right now is remain on my mobile or a really weird remote-connection from my office until Phase End, and respond to any direct questions. I have absolutely no way of catching up on 20+ pages that I said I would be able to do but was not able to do without more time and I simply don't have that luxury right now.

2 minutes ago, Prims said:

Conversely, if Weapons is scum here and Refa is town, Universal Backup is a bit of a ...? mod-given safeclaim? What if Refa dies first? How is scum gonna fake the martyr lol. I guess it's not impossible but it's another reason I think Refa is the play here

I think that is probably his actual role, but it is just as likely to be mafia. They are more likely to need one than the town in this game

Just now, Prims said:

What do you think the odds are of Weapons being mafia actually are?

I am pretty much certain as of this EoD

Makaze you are literally voting refa instead of weapons right now

I know percy just switched to rapier but overall the energy seems to boiling down to weapons and refa so

##unvote ##vote: @Refa

7 minutes ago, Prims said:

Realistically JoAT with Cop, Martyr and Empower isn't that likely. Okay, so Cop and Martyr are the obvious investigative / defensive roles. What's the Empower for? Making it easier to pull off additional investigations / protects when the JoAT already helps get additional info and protects with its other abilities? The small size and existence of empowerer indicates that this isn't a replacement for one of our usual major PR types, so it seems like this kit's primary purpose is to punish scum for trying to take care of another claimed power role with their usual kit (roleblock/kill), which is pretty harsh. On the other hand, it makes a lot more sense for Empower to belong to a scum JoAT simulating 1 shot of strong-willed, and for martyr to actually be Sidekick or Redirector or something with scum utility.

It's possible I'll eat crow on this spec in a couple hours but I feel good about the lynch.

And yeah scum have fakes but that doesn't mean the fakes are inherently going to fit into the set-up perfectly if true. To me this looks like a scum fake that's meant to be provable but is actually a scum role with a few provable abilities.

I'm far from the best person to speculate role balance, but this sounds like a very unlikely super scum role, but then again role balancing shenanigans could go any way because I don't remember much about Iris and Conquest (my favorite Invincible character) hosting and balancing issues.

What I mean is this role meta speculation seems pointless and inconclusive.

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

ok I'm able to check in on the phase. I see it's really close to end though.

I'm going to request a sub out because there's no way I can keep up with the game at its current rate. If it was half this, I could.

I think the best I can do right now is remain on my mobile or a really weird remote-connection from my office until Phase End, and respond to any direct questions. I have absolutely no way of catching up on 20+ pages that I said I would be able to do but was not able to do without more time and I simply don't have that luxury right now.

we'll have a break, so if you are able to catch up to us in the following days, you're welcome

if not, that's fine. Take care, man.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

Makaze you are literally voting refa instead of weapons right now

I know percy just switched to rapier but overall the energy seems to boiling down to weapons and refa so

##unvote ##vote: @Refa

To reiterate, you prefer lynching me, but since it seems unlikely you're settling on Refa, right?

Wasn't Weapons one of your biggest scumreads until recently? What made you change that view?

21 hours ago, Prims said:

@Elieson My main impetus for lurking through this portion of the day is that I don't want to generate more pages in a game where there are players struggling to catch up but you've already dipped out of the thread again after making a filler post.

Are you still playing? Do you expect to have updated thoughts before the day ends?

Frustratingly, i’d like to play but i am locked to limited reading and i simply cannot keep up with the gamestate/speed. I’m doing a speedskim right now 

It's honestly not impossible it's scum scum because refa picked rapier over weapons and weapons voted refa for a bit but then unvoted basically as soon as possible 

@Elieson Have you read anything past the intial post of page 10-12? Do you have any opinion on the current wagons (Refa, Weapons, Rapier, Makaze slighty kinda)?

1 minute ago, Rapier said:

To reiterate, you prefer lynching me, but since it seems unlikely you're settling on Refa, right?

Wasn't Weapons one of your biggest scumreads until recently? What made you change that view?

Yes

Sheeping prims (I also moved weapons down a bit on my prio list earlier anyways) 

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Frustratingly, i’d like to play but i am locked to limited reading and i simply cannot keep up with the gamestate/speed. I’m doing a speedskim right now 

Can you develop opinions on at least one of the three biggest wagons?

I claimed VT, Refa claimed JOAT, Weapons claimed universal defender(?).

If not, fine. I just meant to suggest them for a skim read instead of the entire thread, since that's what we'll have on the table for lategame D1.

2 minutes ago, Rapier said:

Can you develop opinions on at least one of the three biggest wagons?

I claimed VT, Refa claimed JOAT, Weapons claimed universal defender(?).

If not, fine. I just meant to suggest them for a skim read instead of the entire thread, since that's what we'll have on the table for lategame D1.

Backup meaning I get powers when certain roles die

Wait you get powers when certain roles die? I interpreted universal backup as just being "you get the role of the first PR to die"