New Heroes: Attuned Micaiah & Rearmed Sothe

We knew it was coming because of the Feh Channel earlier this evening, but now we have the official trailer for the New Heroes banner featuring Attuned Micaiah, Rearmed Sothe, Edward, and Leonardo.

I'm so mad about IS locking things like Pledge and the new Crux skills behind limited units.

That is all.

Another one with only three new characters? Edward, Leonardo, and Jarod are all welcome additions, but the lack of adding Nolan as an insta-demote is just obnoxious. Tellius needs new characters more than any other games, and this is all it gets?

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Won't be pulling on the banner but Micaiah's animation looks nice. Might try to get a copy down the road for the Echo skill.

That's also what is tempting me. I would love a new weapon for Spring Palla, but I don't think I will get Sothe as a spark if I had to choose between him and Micaiah.

Posted (edited)

I'm busy tonight and don't have the time to read skill descriptions, but here are the usual translation notes:

The name of the banner, "Attuned Micaiah & Rearmed Sothe", is "響心ミカヤ&魔器サザ" (kyōshin mikaya & maki saza), "Resonating Hearts Micaiah & Arcane Weapon Sothe". As usual, "響心" (kyōshin), "resonating hearts", is the name for Attuned Heroes, and "魔器" (maki), "magic weapon", is the name for both Rearmed Heroes and Arcane weapons.

Edward's epithet, "Blade of Justice", is "義に厚き剣士" (gi ni atsuki kenshi), "Sword Fighter Brimming With Justice". "剣士" (kenshi), "sword fighter", is the name of the Myrmidon class.

Caladbolg is "カラドボルグ" (karadoborugu), "Caladbolg".

Breath of Life is "生の息吹" (sei no ibuki), "Breath of Life". Compare with its counterpart Savage Blow, which is "死の吐息" (shi no toiki), "Sigh of Death".

Leonardo's epithet, "Freedom's Arrow", is "心正しき弓使い" (kokoro-tadashiki yumi-tsukai), "Righteous Archer". 

Doubler Bow is "強化増幅の弓" (kyōka zōfuku no yumi), "Bonus Doubler Bow". "強化増幅" (kyōka zōfuku), literally "enhancement amplification", is the name of the Bonus Doubler skill.

Sothe's epithet, "Dawning Zephyr", is "暁に走る風" (akatsuki ni hashiru kaze), "Wind Dashing Towards the Dawn".

Arcane Tempest is "魔器・暁風の刃" (maki: gyōfū no yaiba), "Arcane Weapon: Blade of the Dawn Wind".

Bane is "瞬殺" (shunsatsu), "Instant Kill". In the Japanese versions of the games, "瞬殺" (shunsatsu), "instant kill", referred to the skill that instantly kills the opponent (Silencer, Lethality) in games up through Path of Radiance. In Radiant Dawn, this skill name was moved to the skill that leaves the opponent with 1 HP (Bane), and the skill that instantly kills the opponent (Lethality) was renamed to "滅殺" (messatsu), "Annihilation", and all subsequent games used this name instead.

Potent Disarm is "罠解除・神速" (wana kaijo: shinsoku), "Trap Removal: Divine Speed". "罠解除" (wana kaijo), "trap removal", is the name of the Disarm Trap skill. "神速" (shinsoku), "divine speed", is the name of the Potent skill.

Micaiah's epithet, "Dawning Maiden", is "暁に想う巫女" (akatsuki ni omou miko), "Shaman Looking Forward to the Dawn". "巫女" (miko), typically "shrine priestess" in modern usage, but was used to refer to mediums or diviners in the past, is the name of the Light Priestess class from Radiant Dawn, officially translated as "Shaman" in the Japanese version.

Silver of Dawn is "暁星の輝き" (gyōsei no kagayaki), "Radiance of the Dawn Star".

Yune's Protection is "ユンヌの見守り" (yunnu no mimamori), "Yune's Protection". "見守り" (mimamori) more precisely refers to "protecting someone by watching over them".

Atk/Res Crux is "攻撃魔防の十字牽制" (kōgeki mabō no jūji kensei), "Atk/Res Cross Restraint". As usual, "牽制" (kensei), "restraint", is the name of the Rein skill series.

Far Trace Echo is "響・遠影" (kyō: en'ei), "Resonance: Far Trace". As usual, "影" (ei) here refers to "trace" as in "something left behind".

Jarod's epithet, "Nevassa General", is "ネヴァサ駐屯軍の将" (nevasa chūtongun no shō), "General of the Nevassa Occupation Force".

Null Spear is "見切り追撃の槍" (mikiri tsuigeki no yari), "Null Follow-Up Attack Lance". As usual, "見切り追撃" (mikiri tsuigeki) is an abbreviation of "見切り・追撃効果" (mikiri: tsuigeki kōka), "Nullification: Follow-Up Attack Effects", which is the name of the Null Follow-Up skill.

Eikthyrnir's epithet, "Quieting Strength", is "体の葬り手" (karada no hōmuri-te), "Silencing Hand of Physique". As before, "葬る" (hōmuru), which I'm translating as "to silence" due to context, more precisely means "to bury", both literally as in "to put something underground" and figuratively as in "to cover up" or "to hush".

Quieting Antler is "体の葬り手の角" (karada no hōmuri-te no tsuno), "Antlers of the Silencing Hand of Physique".

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Another one with only three new characters? Edward, Leonardo, and Jarod are all welcome additions, but the lack of adding Nolan as an insta-demote is just obnoxious. Tellius needs new characters more than any other games, and this is all it gets?

This is honestly my problem as well. It's not even a case like SoV where there's only less than five playable characters left, there's a large chunk of them still missing with a few major story characters like Skrimir among them. This is not a title that can afford to have its cast given out at a slower rate as we could potentially not see some characters for years before they're added. 

And Nolan not being here makes this issue stick out even more. He forms the core group with these four and it's clear they're even aware of it as he has a prop in the upcoming FB, so his absence is annoying.  

Lmao I totally called that we might get Edward and Leonardo but no Nolan (not on this forum). Poor guy's never getting in at this rate.

Third time Micaiah and Sothe are on a banner together.

Ah, so Leonardo's the 4* unit. He also has the Double Bow (kind of.) Neat. And Edward gets Caladbolg. Awesome. Also, wow, I guess we get to interact a bit with Eikpyrnir already! I wasn't sure when he'd pop up in the story.

...Of course the banner I've been waiting for since FEH first launched would be the banner that comes directly after I just spent all 200+ orbs I'd been saving up for the past two months.

That being said, EDWARD. I got Ross, Lute, Ilyana and Mia. Edward was the last big favorite I was waiting to see added to the game and boy is he here in a big way. People are going to be foddering him for BoL4 but I'm sitting here wishing I had what I needed to +10 him.

Ok but I just have to ask this though... his flat DR... 16 Flat DR if their attacks trigger their special and 8 otherwise.

Does this mean...

A. If they trigger their special, he gets 16 DR; on non-special attacks, he gets 8 DR. 

OR

B. If they HAVE an attack triggering special he gets 16 DR, which means he ALWAYS has 16 DR on every attack except against enemies with a defensive special?

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

A. If they trigger their special, he gets 16 DR; on non-special attacks, he gets 8 DR. 

This one.

If he is tanking a normal attack, he gets 8 DR. If he is tanking a special attack, he gets 16 DR. 

Posted (edited)

Very weird they gave us Caladbolg but didn't give us Lugnasadh. It's not like Leonardo is going to get another alt, unless it's a seasonal with a silly weapon. I'm surprised they didn't just ditch Caladbolg under these circumstances given it's not a Japanese original. Also weird that Nolan has been cucked, but I suppose GHB wouldn't really fit him given how many villains Tellius still has. Such is the price we're paying for having banners with multiple high investment alt units. What even is this version of Micaiah meant to be? We've had so many Micaiah alts so far, one would thing there isn't any moments left in her life or aspects of her character to pull from.

Oh well, at least we finally have some of the Dawn Brigade in there. With that ticked off the list, I doubt we'll be seeing Arran, Luara and Nolan next. No, I recon the next Tellius banner will finally give us some base form Dragon Laguz. Probably starting with Ena on a Path of Radiance banner.

This banner also marks the moment Tellius creeps over the 50% playable cast number. The only games with less than 50% of their cast is Thracia and Engage.

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

What even is this version of Micaiah meant to be? We've had so many Micaiah alts so far, one would thing there isn't any moments left in her life or aspects of her character to pull from.

I “like” how they also adamantly refuse to give Micaiah a staff or literally anything that isn’t a tome with cav and armor effective damage.

This will be Micaiah #7 and they’re still giving her Thani without actually giving her Thani (except for her base version). Surely Emblem Micaiah has to be a staff unit with how centered she is on healing and staff utility, right? 

Eh, on second thought I’ll just start preparing the copium in advance.

Posted (edited)

You know, this game can be a real dick at times.

Up until a few days ago, the only Micaiah I was missing had been duo bride Micaiah. I was able to get her on this year's rerun after spending 4 orbs to do so. And now they've gone and added another Micaiah.

I'm pretty sure they pulled this with Marth for me as well. The last Marth I'd been missing was duo winter Marth, whom I pulled on his most recent rerun. And of course a month or so later they dropped Emblem Marth.

Clearly, this means that Emblem Eirika won't show up until after I pull duo kid Eirika, the only Eirika I'm missing.

In all seriousness, why are they so allergic to the idea of giving Micaiah a staff? You can only give Micaiah so many variations of the same tome that does the exact same thing before they all just start blending in together. Well, at least this one has more defense than any Micaiah has any right to have.

EDIT: Also, regardless of one's opinion on Ike, it's just weird how Ike gets shafted in alts compared to Micaiah. (Or even Ephraim and Hector.) Yes, I know he got an Emblem alt recently but that's an obligated and expected alt that Micaiah will also get one day. He's also far more boring as a unit, only ever being swords (with one axe) and infantry (with one armor). Even the fallen Ike is pretty boring, and I'd much rather have traded Fallen Ike for a fun seasonal or an Attuned/Ascended alt.

Edited by Sunwoo

Can we talk about what complete sorcery this banner is? We got THREE male characters, plus an additional GBH male and only a single female character. Has this ever happened before? 

I think Nolan and Meg would have been better picks than Michy and Sothe, but I guess IS wouldn't feel comfortable releasing a banner without a main character on it. 

55 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Can we talk about what complete sorcery this banner is? We got THREE male characters, plus an additional GBH male and only a single female character. Has this ever happened before? 

That can happen, just nowhere near as often as one male to three females. Examples include the 2019 Gallia banner (Caineghis, Ranulf, Mordecai, Lethe, Haar as the GHB unit), the 2022 Sacred Stones banner (Ascended Joshua, Neimi, Rennac, Colm, Riev as the GHB unit) and the 2023 Kids banner (Mark & Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Rebecca, Lucius as the TT unit) depending on what you think Mark's gender identity is.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I “like” how they also adamantly refuse to give Micaiah a staff 

The thought certainly crossed my mind as well. Matrona when?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jotari said:

This banner also marks the moment Tellius creeps over the 50% playable cast number. The only games with less than 50% of their cast is Thracia and Engage.

Interesting. Thracia is at what, 22/52?

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That can happen, just nowhere near as often as one male to three females. Examples include the 2019 Gallia banner (Caineghis, Ranulf, Mordecai, Lethe, Haar as the GHB unit), the 2022 Sacred Stones banner (Ascended Joshua, Neimi, Rennac, Colm, Riev as the GHB unit) and the 2023 Kids banner (Mark & Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Rebecca, Lucius as the TT unit) depending on what you think Mark's gender identity is.

The one that stood out most to me was the 2019 Sacred Stones banner: Duo Ephraim+Leon, Gerik, Ewan, demote Tethys, insta-demote Ross, and GHB Cormag. Tethys, a demote, was the only female character out of four banner units and seven characters featured.

Edited by Othin

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting. Thracia is at what, 22/52?

21/52, by my calculations, but it's possible I've missed someone.

19 minutes ago, Jotari said:

21/52, by my calculations, but it's possible I've missed someone.

Going by the Catalog of Heroes, I'm seeing:

1. Ced
  2. Leif
  3. Finn
  4. Nanna
  5. Eyvel
  6. Mareeta
  7. Osian
  8. Tanya
  9. Safy
  10. Tina
  11. Asbel
  12. Lara
  13. Ronan
  14. Miranda
  15. Karin
  16. Olwen
  17. Saias
  18. Sara
  19. Salem
  20. Perne
  21. Lifis
  22. Galzus

Lifis is seasonal-locked, which could explain the difference in counts.

After sitting for a day and setting aside my current disdain for Feh caused by them refusing to acknowledge the existence of Brom in any banner featuring anything Tellius whatsoever, I have to say... They couldn't even get the Dawn Brigade right, and that makes me even more upset at this banner. Leonardo doesn't get his Prf, Nolan is noticeably missing, and let's forget about the two alts on the banner being Micaiah and Sothe and focus on the fact that we're getting two units who aren't even going to be in the main pool. This is so incredibly dumb. Cool, sure, whatever, give us Micaiah or Sothe, but not both unless one of them is going to be in the main pool. That was how I could forgive Caeda and Merric. You know what this banner should have been? Micaiah or Sothe (probably Micaiah), Edward, Leonardo, demote Laura, quest reward Nolan (because midpoint banners have traditionally given a quest reward unit, no OC on the banner be darned...and include his Prf, for goodness' sake!) and GHB Aran. A shame Jarod would be left behind, but oh well, he'd get his chance on a banner with Volug, Fiona, Vika, and an alt of Nailah...or something like that.

Considering that they gave demote Lex his prf axe quite some time back, and demote Orochi a prf that never even existed in Fates, they could've totally given Leonardo his prf bow.

Also, still annoyed about them shafting Nolan. FEH, can I give you some advice? If you hate male characters, especially older men, don't fucking make a gacha game based on FE. Which has historically been dominated with male characters because it's about war.

Thanks.