New Heroes: Aided Dagr & Rearmed Marianne

Fire Emblem Fan

The forums were down all night last night, so I wasn't able to post this when it happened. But, we got the info for the next New Heroes banner! This month, we're getting Aided Dagr, Rearmed Marianne, Ashe, and Dorothea. Caspar is being added directly into the summoning pool, and the GHB is Metodey.

A new Three Houses banner….without Alois. Ggggrr.

Not a very exiting banner since everyone is already in Heroes in one form or another. In SEVERAL different forms for the majority of characters even. Not that I’m complaining since I very much like Ashe, Dorothea and Caspar.

This is his third form so I wonder if Ash is the developer favorite for the males just like Dorothea is for the females. Or maybe being the cute little brother makes him more suitable/lucrative for seasonals 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

It's nice to see Spd/Res Crux already on the default kit for Marianne, which means I don't need to sacrifice a copy of someone else to get it on her for duplication.

I'm curious how Arcane Blutgang's sprite will look when used by other units. I'm sure it'll be mostly fine, given that we have other weapons that are in no way similar to a book, but none of those other weapons are quite as long as a sword, so I'm sure there will be some that look silly.

Reposition Gait is a bit awkward because Canto (1) will only let you move away perpendicular to the direction of the Reposition. It's still useful in diagonal positions since it makes it easier to target the unit with another Reposition, and it also returns some value to Def/Res Smoke 3 since Canto (1) will let you move through a unit with the Pathfinder effect.

Also glad that the 2 premium units on this banner share a color again.

The usual translation notes:

The banner name, "Aided Dagr & Rearmed Marianne", is "お供ダグ&魔器マリアンヌ" (otomo dagu & maki mariannu), "Companion Dagr & Arcane Marianne". As usual, "お供" (otomo), "companion", is the name of the Aided unit type and "魔器" (maki), "magic weapon", is the name of both the Rearmed unit type and Arcane weapons.

Marianne's epithet, "Cursed Blessing", is "祝福と呪縛の相克" (shukufuku to jubaku no sōkoku), "Rivalry of Blessing and Binding".

Arcane Blutgang is "魔器ブルトガング" (maki burutogangu), "Arcane Weapon: Blutgang".

Requiem Prayer is "鎮魂の願い" (chinkon no negai), "Requiem Wish".

Sing/Dance is "歌う・踊る" (utau/odoru), "Sing/Dance".

Spd/Res Discord is "速さ魔防の不和" (hayasa mabō no fuwa), "Spd/Res Discord".

Ashe's epithet, "Chivalric Amends", is "贖罪の騎士道" (shokuzai no kishidō), "Atoning Chivalry".

Just Bow is "正義の一矢の弓" (seigi no isshi no yumi), "Bow of the Arrow of Justice".

Seal Spd/Def is "速さ守備封じ" (hayasa shubi fūji), "Spd/Def Sealing".

Dorothea's epithet, "Daring Ex-Singer" is "したたかな元歌姫" (shitataka na moto-utahime), "Tenacious Former Songstress".

Blárvulture is "ブラーバルチャー" (burābaruchā), "Blárvulture".

Dagr's epithet, "Sunny Bloom", is "耀きの陽花" (kagayaki no yōka), "Radiant Sun Flower".

Veðrfölnir's Edge is "始まりの巨人の剣" (hajimari no kyojin no ken), "Sword of the First Giant". Because only weapons that aren't swords are allowed to be called a "sword".

Reposition Gait is "引き戻し・歩法" (hikimodoshi: hohō), "Bringing Back: Footwork". "引き戻し" (hikimodoshi), "bringing back", is the name of the Reposition skill.

Veðrfölnir's Wing is "始祖の炎翼" (shiso no en'yoku), "Flame Wings of the Founder".

Caspar's epithet, "Hotheaded Inciter", is "喧嘩好きの熱血派" (kenka-zuki no nekketsu-ha), "Fight-Loving Enthusiast".

Metodey's epithet, "Shrewd Braggart", is "裏街道の自惚れ屋" (urakaidō no unuboreya), "Backstreet Egotist".

Edited by Ice Dragon

33 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

It took me a minute to register Marianne's weapon as a tome. I was looking forward to the speedy red arcane tome with built in NFU but I guess it's not happening.

Blutgang isn't even a two range weapon in Three Houses XD Don't exactly want to knock their creativity as ignoring all logic does open some doors (course they've always done that with seasonals) and I'm happy they're using Marianne's actual weapon, but it's a bit weird they've chosen to do this now with this particular weapon and not like the Levin Sword or Bolt Axe (Leif totally could have reduced our number of infantry sword lords by being a blue time unit!). It's also available to everyone, I assume, being the whole point of Arcane Weapons, which further compounds it's weirdness.

Edited by Jotari

Well this is a skip for me, Ashe being in the regular pool is nice though.  Weird that they seem to be making every new dancer added this year a 3-4 star unit, Nil latest version kind of counts since TT gives you a 4 star version.  I just find it interesting.

I'm going to laugh if it turns out Reposition Gait has the same SP cost as regular Reposition, just to ensure we still can't use it to keep our units alive if we don't want to sabotage our Arena score.

It will also make my life much easier since then I'll have nothing to roll for on the banner, given that Dorothea is a demote.

Edited by Some Jerk

Green Bow Cavs: 9 -> 10; first three were released in 2019
Blue Bow Cavs: 3; first two were released in 2023
Red Bow Cavs: 0; yup

Yeah, someone on the dev team clearly has a fetish.

Oh, and the only actual new character we're getting in this batch is a boss character who isn't even the main boss of the chapter he shows up in. I'm not going to be surprised when it turns out that Metodey doesn't have a Prf weapon. 

27 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's also available to everyone, I assume, being the whole point of Arcane Weapons, which further compounds it's weirdness.

Not that it makes it any less weird or lore-breaking, but they did this Arcane Luin first.

Seems the forging bonds story is about Caspar being a dummy and getting the group stranded in bandit land. Its not his fault though. Its Henriette's fault for blowing all Askr's money on festivals rather then dealing with the rampant bandit problem.

Caspar's Forging Bonds partner seems to be Hinata which is a great pick. They can go share their single brain cell. For Ashe Forsyth, but also Roderick which is certainly a shock since its the first acknowledgement Roderick exists since forever. And for Dorothea its naturally Charlotte. 

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Caspar's Forging Bonds partner seems to be Hinata which is a great pick.

Osian and Panette will also show up, which tracks since they’re also hotheaded brawlers.

Now, if only Caspar was as useful in Three Houses as either of those two are in their respective games.

Ashe was an unexpected surprise. If I go for anyone, it'd be him, I suppose, but my orbs (having gotten me 3 Lumeras instead of any Emblems - that lady is still doing her job of blocking you from new rings, I see) will now be going towards the Halloween banner instead. Hopefully I'll be able to get that new Askr.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

having gotten me 3 Lumeras instead of any Emblems - that lady is still doing her job of blocking you from new rings, I see

She's staying on brand, at least?

Anyway, I'm still shocked that Ashe is the premium unit and not Dorothea. Did the people at IS forget they're only supposed to shill female characters? I confess I am tempted to get both him and Dagr... which means I'll just get a bunch of Caspars and seven Mariannes JUST LIKE I GOT SEVEN SUMMER CLANNES INCLUDING 2 5* ONES INSTEAD OF A SINGLE SUMMER ALEAR AAAAAAAAA

Sorry, I'll never recover from that.

Also, Reposition 2 at long last. It sucks that Cavs and Fliers can't get it, but oh well. Maybe they'll get their own Reposition later on. It's funny all they added was Canto (1). Heck, it'd be worth getting if it was just base Reposition but worth 400 SP!

Edited by DefyingFates

I already kinda had my reaction yesterday, but:

1) Marianne's "tome" is the strangest looking tome I've ever seen. Like Rearmed Ingrid before her, I really feel that she should've just been an Ascended unit.
2) IS be doing what IS does and puts Dorothea on a banner with Rearmed Marianne and Aided Dagr. As a demote of all things. For fuck's sake. ;/

Edited by Sunwoo

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Seems the forging bonds story is about Caspar being a dummy and getting the group stranded in bandit land. Its not his fault though. Its Henriette's fault for blowing all Askr's money on festivals rather then dealing with the rampant bandit problem.

The monthly bandit uprising certainly does raise questions about the effectiveness of Askr's economy. They definitely need some more robust social services to ensure people aren't forced to become bandits en masse. Either that or they'll eventually reveal Gomez was summoned to Askr years ago and he's the one who's been stirring up the local population.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

2) IS be doing what IS does and puts Dorothea on a banner with Rearmed Marianne and Aided Dagr. As a demote of all things. For fuck's sake. ;/

Eh, I feel like that isn't that much of an issue with Three Houses. They can just plop one of TH's many other female CYL winners (F!Byleth, Edelgard, Bernadetta or Lysithea) on the next banner alongside Leonie and be fine (especially if they pick Edelgard).

Also, Dagr (and to be fair, so is Reginn) isn't actually much of a banner carry when you remember that she got 226th in CYL8. Every other FEH Book has at least one character in the top 150 of CYL8, but not Book V.

It's well-documented that I've complained about the favoritism and sheer amount of Three Houses content this game has pushed out over the last couple years. So, of course, they naturally decide to make a banner with not one, not two, but THREE of the Three Houses characters I really really like, two of whom didn't have base forms in the game yet.

Marianne? Really happy she's finally gotten some content, and that she (kinda) got her Relic. Ashe and Dorothea? Sheesh, finally, it's about time they were added to the game properly!

However, I kinda wish Marianne had her actual timeskip outfit and was a cavalry unit with her actual horse, Dorte. But I guess I shouldn't complain...complain again, that is.

I also absolutely didn't expect all three of them to be on the same banner. Now we have every student from both the Blue Lions and the Black Eagles in the regular pool while the Golden Deer are still being left in the dust, with the exceptions of their most popular big-hitters.

I think the deciding factor for pulling on this banner depends on if R!Sothe will be on the Mythic banner at the end of the month. If he is, I'll spend my orbs there but if not, I might pull on this banner for the Arcane red tome. The problem with that is that even I free pull Marianne, I will be sitting on her weapon until I can maximize the skills that can be passed off. Theoretically speaking, her Special goes well with my play style but I need to save orbs for E!Sigurd and most likely E!Byleth whenever he's released.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

However, I kinda wish Marianne had her actual timeskip outfit and was a cavalry unit with her actual horse,

I didn't really pay attention to her design, I kind of just assumed it was her Three Hopes design, but looking at it now, it's really not. It's a weird mishmash of design elements that pulls little from any of her actual designs. Looks like she's wearing Lucina's outfit with a fifth of an Emblem Engage outfit. A bit strange for a character to have two different time skip designs and to ignore both.

As far as her horse goes, does she have a horse? We only ever fight her as an infantry in either game and she has a boon in both riding and flying, and her supports and character info seems to stress her connection to animals in general and not horses specifically. So a pegasus seems just as good as a horse as I see it. Unless one of her supports mentioned an actual named horse she owns or something.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, I feel like that isn't that much of an issue with Three Houses. They can just plop one of TH's many other female CYL winners (F!Byleth, Edelgard, Bernadetta or Lysithea) on the next banner alongside Leonie and be fine (especially if they pick Edelgard).

Also, Dagr (and to be fair, so is Reginn) isn't actually much of a banner carry when you remember that she got 226th in CYL8. Every other FEH Book has at least one character in the top 150 of CYL8, but not Book V.

Fair enough, but I am getting rather annoyed with the amount of these special unit types that are not going to be in the regular pool that are clogging up the new banners and Heroes using their remaining popular characters rather unintelligently.

I thought the unspoken agreement was that we put up with the egregious amount of alts and OCs in exchange for getting characters that are harder to market in (like all the Golden Deer dudes who aren't Claude). But instead they decide to put another female character while the banner is still being carried by a Marianne alt (if we decide that Dagr isn't actually a carry).

Also, Dorothea being a demote dancer means that unless Heroes finally decides to give dancers a refine, she's probably locked out of a refine forever. Like with Pandreo. Seriously, Heroes, why are you like this.

57 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I didn't really pay attention to her design, I kind of just assumed it was her Three Hopes design, but looking at it now, it's really not. It's a weird mishmash of design elements that pulls little from any of her actual designs. Looks like she's wearing Lucina's outfit with a fifth of an Emblem Engage outfit. A bit strange for a character to have two different time skip designs and to ignore both.

As far as her horse goes, does she have a horse? We only ever fight her as an infantry in either game and she has a boon in both riding and flying, and her supports and character info seems to stress her connection to animals in general and not horses specifically. So a pegasus seems just as good as a horse as I see it. Unless one of her supports mentioned an actual named horse she owns or something.

It's for the most part Three Houses' Dark Flier design. Compare it with Houses' Constance's War Phase design, who wears something similar.

Technically. The horse in question, Dorte, is one of the many horses of the monastery, but which Marianne bonds with specifically through the school year. Then, her Academy Phase ending if defeated has this line:

Disappeared with a single horse after the battle of Garreg Mach.

Implying she took Dorte before leaving. I'd think she just doesn't want to bring him into battle (plus the fact there's no pre-Master base game class that could be compatible), and she doesn't appear in the War Phase if not recruited anyway. Though I can still see her taking Dorte away in that case.

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Not that it makes it any less weird or lore-breaking, but they did this Arcane Luin first.

I will confess Archanea Luin slipped my mind, but I wasn't just talking about the lore aspect. It's also just weird to think we can now give a sword to any red tome user. This isn't a special specific animation for one unit, all of them can now raise a sword to attack and I'm not sure how good that will look for a lot of their animations.

[DATAMINE SPOILERS regarding Metodey]:

Spoiler

Yup, Metodey is aggressively mid. His kit (as a Colorless Dagger Infantry) is: 

Gainful Dagger+ [Dagger equivalent of Candace's bow, which got renamed from Lucrative to Gainful]
Blazing Flame
Sorcery Blade 3 [5 star locked]
Poison Strike 3

Stats: 41/43+/47+/35/26+

[DATAMINE SPOILERS regarding Caspar]:

Spoiler

Kit
Up-Front Axe+
Moonbow
Spd/Def Finish 3 [5 star locked]
Brash Assault 3

Stats: 46/48+/44+/32/28-

Oh hey, they actually gave him a Spd stat unlike most other male demote or Grail axe infantry units.

[DATAMINE SPOILERS regarding everyone else's stats and Dorothea's skill rarity]:

Spoiler

Aided Dagr
41-/46-/48+/38/31-

Rearmed Marianne
37-/46/40-/16-/45+

Ashe
39-/44-/47+/27+/28-

Dorothea
40-/40-/36/17-/45+
Inf. Null Follow 3 is 5 star locked.

Excellent! The three Three Houses characters I wanted to be added to Heroes the most were all added at once! I might summon for Ashe depending on how many orbs I have left after summoning Lethe on the Harvest Festival banner. I was very lucky and summoned Nah with my free summon!

Dorothea looks pretty underwhelming, but I suppose that’s the tradeoff for her being in the 3/4-star pool and easier to obtain. Hopefully Caspar has better skills. That being said, I’m happy to have two new characters I want in the 3/4 star pool, since I’m low on orbs.