Best Character

Even better, give him a Slim Sword or Slim Lance and let someone like Ross, Gilliam or possibly Eirika, the first two at least are probably not getting many faceless kills, finish 'em off.

I can't remember who/when, but someone definitely managed to show that Titania is the best choice to take all the earlygame boss kills in FE9. I don't know if that applies here, since other units can catch up with Seth faster, and Seth doesn't need to gain any levels until the route split (or further) in order to maintain his ORKO-ness.

Oh, and FE9 has some very strict earlygame turn limits (for max BEXP). You can take your time with FE8.

Edited by Anouleth

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Just read this. I'm not 100% sure who wrote it, but Mekkah posted it.

I wrote it. It's easily the most quoted paragraph from the whole debating guide.

Edited by Mekkah

Seth is awesome and I love that part of Mekkah's debating guide that uses logic Reikken originally presented back when people doubted Seth and Titania being the best.

lol, people didn't even consider it at all until Reikken introduced that logic.

I still hate Seth and frequently kill him in the first chapter. He is ugly and broken. But he is the best, under "efficiency" rules at least. Except for Eph Route Ephraim, because Ephraim never consumes a deployment slot and is needed to seize.

I still hate Seth and frequently kill him in the first chapter. He is ugly and broken. But he is the best, under "efficiency" rules at least. Except for Eph Route Ephraim, because Ephraim never consumes a deployment slot and is needed to seize.

Ephraim lacks Seth's mobility and availability.

IKE IS THE BEST HE HAS SLIGHTLY BETTER STATS THAN KIERAN AT 20/20 CAN NEVER DIE HAS AETHER AND RAGNELL AND REGAL SWORD AND SEIZES AND EARTH AFFINITY

Hrrr hrrr, killing Seth on the first chapter? I think that's more of a challenge than Ross solo.

Sarcasm.

Weird, I don't remember naming any of that stuff for Ephraim except seize. Ike sucks anyways, he is locked on swords.

Killing Seth on the first chapter, difficult I agree, you have to un-equip him and let the enemies wail on him for free for several turns. This fact alone is a testament to how broken and gay he is. He's like an auto-win cheat code for at least the first ten chapters.

Edited by CATS

IKE IS THE BEST HE HAS SLIGHTLY BETTER STATS THAN KIERAN AT 20/20 CAN NEVER DIE HAS AETHER AND RAGNELL AND REGAL SWORD AND SEIZES AND EARTH AFFINITY

NO WAY EDWARD AND NOLAN ARE THE BEST BECAUSE THEY CAP MOST STATS

Weird, I don't remember naming any of that stuff for Ephraim except seize. Ike sucks anyways, he is locked on swords.

That's kinda good earlygame on FE9, most enemies are axe uesrs until reaching Chapter 4 where you face soldiers.

Killing Seth on the first chapter, difficult I agree, you have to un-equip him and let the enemies wail on him for free for several turns. This fact alone is a testament to how broken and gay he is. He's like an auto-win cheat code for at least the first ten chapters.

broken yes, gay no-all his paired endings are with women why did I bother to post?

Edited by User Account

Seth is the best, but he's unneeded and overkill even early on, when you have people like Eirika and Franz doing perfectly fine on their own. The later on (like 8 chapters later or something) Franz gets promotion gains and is doing on par/slightly better than Seth, then Seth's low bases start to catch up to him.

Disprove it you want, but I stand firm on Seth not making a huge difference early on.

So it's kinda good for 3 chapters. I stand by my position.

Oh please, don't be so sarcastic...it's not like Oscar or Boyd are of too good use there, well, Oscar tanks pretty decently for having WTD, and I could double a few axe users (maybe fighters) reliably thanks to the fact that they loose AS for there heavy weapons and low Str.

Soldiers here are no joke...there Def actually exist...so does there AS.

Oh please, don't be so sarcastic...it's not like Oscar or Boyd are of too good use there, well, Oscar tanks pretty decently for having WTD, and I could double a few axe users (maybe fighters) reliably thanks to the fact that they loose AS for there heavy weapons and low Str.

Soldiers here are no joke...there Def actually exist...so does there AS.

Wut?

They have 0 AS almost the whole game. They lose con from everything, and barely have any speed.

Edited by Bryan

Wut?

They have 0 AS almost the whole game. They lose con from everything, and barely have any speed.

Wrong game. They are talking about PoR. Enemy Soldiers don't suck there. Or at least, not on the level they do in other games. Their first appearance is chapter 4 and already the ones not using steel have >0 AS. 5 AS on the fastest. Also, it's str that matters for weapon wt in fe9, not con. By chapter 6 there is only one soldier still at 0AS and the fastest is 7 AS. By chapter 13 the slowest has 4 AS and the fastest tier one has 8 AS.

Wrong game. They are talking about PoR. Enemy Soldiers don't suck there. Or at least, not on the level they do in other games. Their first appearance is chapter 4 and already the ones not using steel have >0 AS. 5 AS on the fastest. Also, it's str that matters for weapon wt in fe9, not con. By chapter 6 there is only one soldier still at 0AS and the fastest is 7 AS. By chapter 13 the slowest has 4 AS and the fastest tier one has 8 AS.

I was wondering if it was FE9, but I assumed it was FE8 because this is the FE8 discussion board. Sorry about making that assumption. :/

I was wondering if it was FE9, but I assumed it was FE8 because this is the FE8 discussion board. Sorry about making that assumption. :/

You'd think that could be a reasonable assumption, but remember on forums topics tend to get derailed over time. On this site it's usually only temporary, though.

Seth is the best, but he's unneeded and overkill even early on, when you have people like Eirika and Franz doing perfectly fine on their own. The later on (like 8 chapters later or something) Franz gets promotion gains and is doing on par/slightly better than Seth, then Seth's low bases start to catch up to him.

Disprove it you want, but I stand firm on Seth not making a huge difference early on.

EIGHT chapters to get NINETEEN levels? I don't think so. I would also like to point out that if you give them an equal number of kills, Seth's ~--/9 when Franz promotes. So Seth still wins STR, SKL, LUK, DEF, and RES. He loses HP by like, one, and SPD by a few points. Although I doubt that there's much that Seth isn't doubling anyways.

EIGHT chapters to get NINETEEN levels? I don't think so. I would also like to point out that if you give them an equal number of kills, Seth's ~--/9 when Franz promotes. So Seth still wins STR, SKL, LUK, DEF, and RES. He loses HP by like, one, and SPD by a few points. Although I doubt that there's much that Seth isn't doubling anyways.

It is possible. I have Ross at level ten before the end of chapter 3, (Without any kills in 2, and without killing the boss. Not hacking, BTW) so it is possible. O.o You just have to lean heavly towards him.

It is possible. I have Ross at level ten before the end of chapter 3, (Without any kills in 2, and without killing the boss. Not hacking, BTW) so it is possible. O.o You just have to lean heavly towards him.

I LOL'd

That's the good thing coming from the trainees or any mamukete in the GBA series...their EXP is great, Ross is lucky Hatchet has a nice Hit so he won't be missing much.

But the reason he isn't GREAT is because he needs to be babied even more than Eirika & Franz, Eirika & Franz at least have WTA, Eirika also has decent Avo while Franz AT LEAST has +3 Def and higher base HP.

I LOL'd

That's the good thing coming from the trainees or any mamukete in the GBA series...their EXP is great, Ross is lucky Hatchet has a nice Hit so he won't be missing much.

But the reason he isn't GREAT is because he needs to be babied even more than Eirika & Franz, Eirika & Franz at least have WTA, Eirika also has decent Avo while Franz AT LEAST has +3 Def and higher base HP.

I'm not sure why, but what ever.

That was my point, Ross is harder to train than Franz, PLUS, Franz has avalibilty on him.