Nino vs Lilinia

Ansem

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

This is DIECK. One of, if not THE best offensive unit in the entire game? Your other units will, for the most part, be doing much worse than Dieck. Also, Dieck wants to use the Iron Blade more because it effectively has 30 more hit than a Steel Axe.

I assume that you meant an UNranked run?

30 hit that does not matter against slow units. Also, lol @ Dieck being the best offensive unit in the game. Best in the EARLY game maybe. Dieck does not want to use the Iron Blade, he wants to get his Axe rank up so he can use Silvers and Killers ASAP. Ending your turn with a Sword on is stupid when a majority of enemies in the game have Lances. Sucking on the enemy phase for a little more accuracy on the player phase = bad playing.

No, FE6 funds rank is a joke. You need like 84k gold to A rank it.

FE6 is not majority Lances (some later maps don't even have Lance wielding enemies). I await the day when people realize only FE7 is really majority Lances.

..and some have almost all lance users.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is DIECK. One of, if not THE best offensive unit in the entire game? Your other units will, for the most part, be doing much worse than Dieck. Also, Dieck wants to use the Iron Blade more because it effectively has 30 more hit than a Steel Axe.

I assume that you meant an UNranked run?

30 hit that does not matter against slow units. Also, lol @ Dieck being the best offensive unit in the game. Best in the EARLY game maybe. Dieck does not want to use the Iron Blade, he wants to get his Axe rank up so he can use Silvers and Killers ASAP. Ending your turn with a Sword on is stupid when a majority of enemies in the game have Lances. Sucking on the enemy phase for a little more accuracy on the player phase = bad playing.

No, FE6 funds rank is a joke. You need like 84k gold to A rank it.

FE6 is not majority Lances (some later maps don't even have Lance wielding enemies). I await the day when people realize only FE7 is really majority Lances.

..and some have almost all lance users.

More like 1 (Ch 21 iirc).

and a couple in Ilia route. Cavs and Paladins also have Lances more often than Swords or Axes past early game. Generals almost exclusively have them. The hardest chapters are just lance dominated. Chapter 7 and 21 are great examples, excluding the different routes.

Edited by Tangerines

You can't call a unit great because they have great stats with the Afa drops. It's up for grabs why should Nino get it?

Nino is probably one of his favorite units, so thats one point.

Another is that Nino can actually use it well. I always give it to lyn, but she is normally at level 20/--, so she doesn't get as much use out of it than a 4/-- character can.

Nino is probably one of his favorite units, so thats one point.

Another is that Nino can actually use it well. I always give it to lyn, but she is normally at level 20/--, so she doesn't get as much use out of it than a 4/-- character can.

@Bolded. Favorites. Of course Rhys > Mist if you only train Rhys.....

Not necessarily. She already caps the stats she excels at, others stats don't improve that drastically. Nino is at 5/--. Without abuse she's only getting to 15/1 or 15/--. 10 levels, 7 stats and 5% extra from Afa drops. 3.5 extra stat points overall.

@Bolded. Favorites. Of course Rhys > Mist if you only train Rhys.....

Not necessarily. She already caps the stats she excels at, others stats don't improve that drastically. Nino is at 5/--. Without abuse she's only getting to 15/1 or 15/--. 10 levels, 7 stats and 5% extra from Afa drops. 3.5 extra stat points overall.

You are supposed to give the drops to who ever is your favorite unit. That is why I said that.

If you are going to use Nino, you are going to abuse her.

If Nino joined a few chapters earlier, it may go in her favor due to also being awesome for the Experience rank even if she's otherwise useless unless you need yet ANOTHER good magic user in the last chapter... and you really, really don't. That and she won't be as useless to begin with.

Then again, I'm not sure if you're even likely to use Lilina after awhile.

It's pretty much sucks but is at least there versus can be godly but is redundant given her joining time and babying.

This argument is having such a tough time reaching a resolution because people are enforcing conflicting standards. Ranked runs, Nino wins without question: not only does she contribute more to the ranks themselves, but is a unit in a game where perfect rankings are actually difficult to achieve. Next, we need to distinguish between Net and Gross. If you're using Gross standards, then Lilina obliterates Nino completely due to a massive join time advantage; if you're using Net standards, then Nino wins primarily because of her high bases and the innate weaknesses of FE7 enemy units.

This argument is having such a tough time reaching a resolution because people are enforcing conflicting standards. Ranked runs, Nino wins without question: not only does she contribute more to the ranks themselves, but is a unit in a game where perfect rankings are actually difficult to achieve. Next, we need to distinguish between Net and Gross. If you're using Gross standards, then Lilina obliterates Nino completely due to a massive join time advantage; if you're using Net standards, then Nino wins primarily because of her high bases and the innate weaknesses of FE7 enemy units.

That's why I considered all of those. I concluded that Nino won overall rather than saying she won based on just one.

They are both bottom tier in their respective games. Lilina never consistently doubles and even gets doubled and one-rounded in the Sacae route even if she's a 20/2 Sage or so. I'd say Nino is better. Nino pads the Experience rank. Lilina is crappy all the time.

Edited by Inui

I don't care about a tier list I view as wrong. Ray absolutely slaughters her in every way possible but is in the same tier? Bullshit. Ray has Evd boosting supports and then has INFINITE DURABILITY WITH NOSFERATU, WHICH YOU CAN PURCHASE IN THIS GAME LOL! Lilina has the worst durability ever. Lol @ being one-rounded half the time.

She needs to be in the tier below that and Ray needs to be in the tier above that.

You can't just move a character up like that >_>. Ray is where he is because he isn't better than the characters above him, though I could see him going a couple spots up if you tried really hard. FE6 tiers take HUGE jumps compared to other ones. For example, high tier is waaaaaay better than upper-mid in FE6, whereas in FE7 it's not too big of a difference. That's why a horrible unit like Lilina isn't in bottom tier.

Lilina still needs to move down. Relative tier placement is worthless either way.

Okay. I was just pointing out that Lilina isn't Bottom tier. Even a full tier down won't put her there.

I don't care about a tier list I view as wrong.

Oh, well, thanks for letting me know you think our tier lists are inaccurate. Got anything better for me?

Ray absolutely slaughters her in every way possible but is in the same tier? Bullshit. Ray has Evd boosting supports and then has INFINITE DURABILITY WITH NOSFERATU, WHICH YOU CAN PURCHASE IN THIS GAME LOL! Lilina has the worst durability ever. Lol @ being one-rounded half the time.

She needs to be in the tier below that and Ray needs to be in the tier above that.

Feel free to state your case in the tier list thread.

Nino is so much better it's not even funny. Just compare their stats at even levels.

At level 20/0:

Nino: 27.25 Hp, 14.5 Mag, 16.25 Skl, 20 Spd, 16.75 Lck, 6.25 Def, 14.5 Res

Lilina: 24.6 Hp, 18.8 Mag, 8.8 Skl, 10.6 Spd, 13.5 Lck, 3.9 Def, 13.6 Res

Lilina wins in Mag by 4 points, and then loses in every other stat. She gets horribly massacred in Skl and Spd. It's not even close and I can't believe that people are seriously somehow supporting Lilina. Not to mention Nino's affinity is better. Plus, Nino hooks up with Jaffar. Lilina hooks up with Roy. Jaffar >>> Roy.

Nino is so much better it's not even funny. Just compare their stats at even levels.

At level 20/0:

Lilina wins in Mag by 4 points, and then loses in every other stat. She gets horribly massacred in Skl and Spd. It's not even close and I can't believe that people are seriously somehow supporting Lilina. Not to mention Nino's affinity is better. Plus, Nino hooks up with Jaffar. Lilina hooks up with Roy. Jaffar >>> Roy.

Roy has a harem. (You know it's true.) Why would he care about Lilina?

Edited by Bryan

Why/how?

At level 20/0:

Lol @ a direct stat comparison between units who fight different enemies on different teams.

Ward, for one, is horrible. His speed is always crap even for a fighter, or for someone who doesn't trade it in for lots of defense. He'll be a fat sitting duck for a considerable number of enemies on both sides of the promotion line. All he has for real durability is HP which gets lost with ease, and then whatever he gets from supports through an admittedly nice affinity to a much lesser extent.

I guess you could say he's good for damaging the incredibly slow shit like soldiers and knights early on, okay, when he's forced and then until about chapter 8, but even then not so good at landing hits with the WTA. And then he'll just plummet hard from there in comparison to lots of other people moreso than on his own. I'm wondering what he's doing any higher than right above Douglas......