The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Chapter 26:

Do I need to leave a couple units behind to guard the castles after seizing them, and what did the augury mean by "bring representatives"?

What the augury means is that if you bring certain units, you will get NPC reinforcements to help you out as you go through the map. For example, bringing Alice will cause a team of pegasus knights to spawn. I can only assume Leopold does the same for a team of wyverns and Haas will do so for a mob of nomads. Of course, they appear at around turn 20, which it is actually possible to get the entire map done in.

Also, what the augury meant by leaving units behind is that enemy reinforcements spawn from the forts next to each castle soon after you seize them. This means that you need to either leave a few units behind to deal with those reinforcements, or keep moving.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, I'm on the finale, the one right after chapter 27. Would it be a good time to post my units now, because I don't know if there's going to be another prep screen.

Edit: I just realised that I could still show my units through the map. >___<

I would still like to know if there's going to be another prep screen.

Yes... there are prep screens after Chapter 27. Blazer did it this way so that you wouldn't be stuck with your exact same team and also be able to access the convoy.

[spoiler=AboutPrepScreens]Finale 1 and 3 have prep screens. Finale 2, your "team" is decided already, so there is no prep-screen.

Howard is banned from the Finale Part 1 because he doesn't want to kill the liege that he once swore his oaths to, King Louis. Like with Alice, I kind of intended to have some text here to explain this, but the ending of the game got a little rushed and I didn't get to it. Hopefully I'll add it in a future patch.

Obviously Shon is banned from part 3 because he's not going to kill his father. It even says so in the game that Siegfried told Shon to "leave it to his friends".

*prototype info below regarding the last part of the above spoiler: MAJOR SPOILERS*

If you went through the "Reaching for the Heavens" sidequest, you'll notice that Shon became a bit more mature by doing so. It was actually intended for him to continue to change, bit by bit, and that by the final chapter, he'd actually turn to Siegfried's side and act as the co-final boss, meaning that you'd have to kill Shon along with Siegfried. However, there were way too many details and kinks I was unable to work out, both with the gameplay and the story. The one thing I didn't want happening was having Shon kill Siegfried, as that would simply be way too tragic for my poor heart to bear.

@Shugey

Like with Count Perry, Leon had a knife on him. I didn't have the time to create a bunch of custom map sprites this time to show said knife, but I think it's commonplace for people at war to carry some sort of small weapon on them, so I figured I'd get away with letting the player assume that he had some smaller weapon on him... then again, I never actually researched that, so I probably shouldn't just assume stuff and make stuff up >_>

I also think it'd be somewhat difficult to turn the sword around like a samurai and kill yourself with a long sword like the Imperius... bah details

Edited by soiweuqjasdklirewvxzcbnm

@Blazer

If you don't want to have Shon kill Siegfried, you wouldn't have to. It just made sense to me that with Shon being mature that he'd be willing to accept that he must kill Sieg in order to fulfill his wish. Perhaps it could be that Shon is deployable only if you did "Reaching For the Heavens."

@Shugey and Necktie

Sorry but I'm not a fan of patricide nor do I think it's even slightly realistic (I mean, the game isn't very realistic but still >_>) for someone who loves his Father so much to simply be okay with actually killing him. Just having Shon not go berserk at the thought shows Shon's increase in maturity IMO :| And the ending is tragic enough IMO and I'm not here to tell some story that's supposed to wow you with its amazing plot twists, though you're always entitled to your own opinions/fantasies about what might make a good ending, as long as you don't expect me to uphold them just because you think they're better <_<'

@mr fe

I need more info. You mean the Finale Part 3, right? You do know he's supposed to be blocked from the battle preparations, correct? It's also very hard for me to test these things on Vizzed because it has its own plugins and whatnot and I don't really know how it works or how to test stuff on it so it's pretty hard to support it specifically, so if I have any hope of fixing the Vizzed version (assuming you aren't just confused because Shon is blocked from the battle preparations) then I'll need a lot more info. Thanks/sorry for the trouble.

When supports are included, Howard should be allowed to join in Final 1 if he has an A with Cia, because Pedo-Knight doesn't need no old man anymore!

Don't take this seriously, though it would be funny.

if I were that good a hacker lolol

people think this shit is easy and I can do anything and everything

IFAT 0x_ 0x________
TurnAlly(Howard)
ENIF 0x_

^What he said.

Ninian and Eliwood ending checks for A support. inb4 lololol duh Ninian fanboy you would know this.

I wouldn't think the assembly would be hard to modify for other character numbers. Then you can use the disassembly of that exact event code.

if I were that good a hacker lolol

people think this shit is easy and I can do anything and everything

What? I thought you could do anything!

I know, but it would be kind of cool to have supports affect certain chapters. Gives more replay value. ^_^

Been replaying the game and still loving it, but something has slipped my mind. The song titled "Lightning", played during a few boss fights, what is it's original source? I can't seem to remember? Is it from another Fire Emblem game or another game entirely? I don't think it's a custom song, it sounds familiar, but I can't put my hands on it.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any list of the secrets (secret shops, items, characters, anything else) available in this hack? Dieuwtjin's guide only covers the first 10 chapters, and I'm not even sure if it covers every secret.

Also, great job on the hack.

Promoting Arthur either on the map or Prep Screen results in a screehing sound that annoys the hell outta me.

It's a sign from Blazer that you shouldn't promote Arthur.

Edited by Matt Snow

Screw that I wanted to try out the people everyone don't use. Using Liquid and he activated Leathality twice since he joined, also used Lyam but unless his class power is adjusted he's forever doomed to the bench. Also Althares is actually nice to use, Ben is pretty decent since he started with high Res. Also Rex is slower then Ace but the both prove there worth I don't mind using two halberdiers. But seriously the only problem is the promotion I stopped at 23xx because I want to take Arthur to end game.