Phoenix's Sprite Gallery.

Phoenix

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah actually. There weapon restrictions for mounted units in the rp are very very lax so pegasus knights can use poleaxes if they want. There's no Weapon Triangle by default so what type of weapon someone wields isn't usually important. I considered turning it into a lance but liked the idea of an ax peggie.

Nyx's wings are that way by design. She's meant to just slightly resemble the Nyx avatar from Persona 3 so the wing placement is much lower. Those aren't for flying either by the way which is another reason for the lower placement. She uses them like dark energy capacitors and stores enough magic inside them to completely overpower and shatter a high powered magic seal.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Dragoon_Of_Dark/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25865310 <---A decent pic of the wing placement on another rendition of Nyx

One of the wings kind of looks like it's coming from the front of her torso, which is a little odd. Her breasts are also distressingly large.

I'mma just throw up the magic user excuse here >_> odd that I made no edits to her breasts at all from the base I used XD

• 3 weeks later...

STUFF (nough said)

Arrinbeta.pngKelasbeta-3.png(next to big sis for no apparent reason)

ARRIN

Finally posted Arrin. He's been done for awhile but I was slow. Not much to say here really. It took awhile to get this one done because I couldn't find a good FE10 format tunic to use. When I settled for an FE9 one, things started progressing and I finished him. I guess Kelas is there for brotherxsister comparison? Eh.

Second up, just a little quick headswap from my Lev sprite. Seemed like a good idea since this character only differs from Lev in a few ways. Both are wyvern lords for one thing. I also decided not to be the laziest person in the world and went ahead and changed the color of his undergarments(colored parts). I might try an experiment one of these days to see if I can do a more full recolor of a fullbody without screwing up the shading(lighter colors will screw up shading most of the time).

AleksandrPetrovafullbody.png

Third up while I was working on two other complicated sprite requests I managed to do a bit more to Chance's sprite. You know I was a bit annoyed by both the positioning of Linus' coat and the fact that I didn't do much other than swapping heads and recoloring. So to make myself feel better I put in a little extra work(not much since this was for the most part easy, tedious but easy) and here are the results.

On the left is the original(original red brand version) Chance, and on the right is the new one. Also got rid of some unnecessary bits and pieces on his outfit such as the wraps on his boots and part of his bandage. I never really liked the hanging scarf/belt thing so I left the hanging part out altogether.

Chance-RedBrand.pngChance-update-redbrand.png

Yeah I know the newer version has a darker coat interior. Couldn't decide whether to leave it that way or not. LazinessxGoodEnough tag-team won that round.

Firabeta.png

FIRA

Last but not least is Fira(or Red Vika/Fire Vika). Yes her name has always been Fira. I didn't do that as a Fire+Vika joke I promise XD Anyway she's a character I invented a very long time ago but had so many physical parallels to Vika that I decided to use her as the base. I thought of this character before PoR came out actually. Like I said, very long time ago. Anyway she's basically the rough equivalent of a female phoenix. Is almost immune to all forms of fire, is capable of starting them herself, etc. She's a relatively passive girl though.

I'm thinking of making more edits to this sprite in the future. Add little things, remove other things here and there. At least til it looks more like how I envisioned her LoTE incarnation at leas.

Edited by Phoenix

Okay, they're good and all, but is there really any more ways for you to use Stefan's head Phoenix? >_>

I've been ignoring some of Stefanhair's awesome possibilities. I found some interesting ways to mold it into different styles but have been a bit lazy about it. I mean let's just face it. Stefanhair is Win all on it's own XD

...Arrin is almost too cute.

"And what happened then? Well, in Halton they say that Tessa's small crush grew three sizes that day." </grinch>

XD

STUFF (nough said)

Second up, just a little quick headswap from my Lev sprite. Seemed like a good idea since this character only differs from Lev in a few ways. Both are wyvern lords for one thing. I also decided not to be the laziest person in the world and went ahead and changed the color of his undergarments(colored parts). I might try an experiment one of these days to see if I can do a more full recolor of a fullbody without screwing up the shading(lighter colors will screw up shading most of the time).

AleksandrPetrovafullbody.png

Third up while I was working on two other complicated sprite requests I managed to do a bit more to Chance's sprite. You know I was a bit annoyed by both the positioning of Linus' coat and the fact that I didn't do much other than swapping heads and recoloring. So to make myself feel better I put in a little extra work(not much since this was for the most part easy, tedious but easy) and here are the results.

On the left is the original(original red brand version) Chance, and on the right is the new one. Also got rid of some unnecessary bits and pieces on his outfit such as the wraps on his boots and part of his bandage. I never really liked the hanging scarf/belt thing so I left the hanging part out altogether.

Chance-RedBrand.pngChance-update-redbrand.png

Yeah I know the newer version has a darker coat interior. Couldn't decide whether to leave it that way or not. LazinessxGoodEnough tag-team won that round.

Firabeta.png

FIRA

Last but not least is Fira(or Red Vika/Fire Vika). Yes her name has always been Fira. I didn't do that as a Fire+Vika joke I promise XD Anyway she's a character I invented a very long time ago but had so many physical parallels to Vika that I decided to use her as the base. I thought of this character before PoR came out actually. Like I said, very long time ago. Anyway she's basically the rough equivalent of a female phoenix. Is almost immune to all forms of fire, is capable of starting them herself, etc. She's a relatively passive girl though.

I'm thinking of making more edits to this sprite in the future. Add little things, remove other things here and there. At least til it looks more like how I envisioned her LoTE incarnation at leas.

That axe for wyvern dude...... Is the blade of that thing pointing towards us or away from us??? :huh: lol I can't tell!!! It looks like it could be either way!....... Oh and now I'm looking a bit closer before I post and I can see the way the handle-or whatever other more specific name it's called-wraps/comes around the head of it. It's pointing away from us. And I also think the colors look pretty good!

And I just recently tried being lazy and changed the color of the entire thing at the same time! It actually didn't turn out that bad! But that was only on Micaiah so obviously her hair wouldn't get that screwed up at all and the black and other white stuff on her wouldn't change dramatically, if at all. The skin is a bit off-color, but it doesn't look all that horrible. Well... it kinda does make it seem a bit too much of a yellow tint... But not that bad.

Less wrappy boots. =) New clothing position. =) Shorter bandage. =) Bye bye scarf. =) Good job!!!

The way you messed with Vika's hair turned out much better than it did for me! I guess mine was either too light to color or you handled it way better than I did. =D

@ Axe

Yeah it's pointing away, but I didn't really do anything to the axe other than give it a proper border and change the hilt color.

... upon closer inspection it seems some of the color swap caught a bit of the handle. Those little green dots on the hilt have caught my attention >_>

@ Vika's hair

Can't really say Fira came out better than yours, only that I got what I was aiming for (though as far as resolution goes, Red > Blue XD ). I also updated her outfit into something different so I'll post that up soon along with anything else I have finished at the time.

UPDATE: Last CW wielder to go is Reika. Progress isn't worth mentioning until I really get underway so I'll just leave it at that.

Henry Progress: Eh 29% (I'm still piecing the outfit together with blends and it's tedious to say the least)

• 2 weeks later...

Two Stuffs :D

Firabeta.pngFiraupdate-1.png

FIRA update

The original is on the left. The update is on the right. I was a bit dissatisfied with the tattoo so I removed it altogether. I also changed her outfit into something slightly different and turned that upper support thing into a necklace of some kind. Some other things I did was more precisely define the hair lines, got rid of some(not all just yet) of those tiny purple bits, and added more plumage to the higher parts of her wings. She looks a wee bit more conservative now which I find cute and in character for her.

EDIT: Oh, and Datia, you can also mess around with the "gamma ..." option too. I use this to completely shift an object into a particular color so that when I start adjusting hues they'll all be in the same color spectrum. If I had done that back when I was working on the Danielle sprite, her hair would have come out being a uniform color (it appears to be, but it actually isn't since her bangs are a different green than the rest of her hair :P )

HENRY: Complete

Henrybeta.png

Okay ... um ... what did I do to make this thing again? Oh right. I started off by grabbing that old picture of Eliwood since that was the requested base. I usually start off by getting rid of all the background junk pixels, then I start cutting the image into parts(after making copies for as a safety measure and for keeping a visual collection of project progression). The reason I cut the sprite into different parts is so they can be recolored without risk to other areas(my recoloring tool is instant but can effect all colors within the spectrum which means it's just easier to put a recolored part into its own separate layer which also allows for additional changes later before blending starts if so desired).

Next after recoloring the outfit(and chucking a chest plate onto the guy), I began blending the layers together and made some requested edits before finally creating and blending the borders and moving on to the head. Something about Henry's left side (his left) was bugging me since he had loose strands on the other side. So I decided to try a couple of full custom strands and they seem to work okay. With that, I guess the sprite is finished.

This is the parts and pieces file I used to keep all of the parts I used together as well as the finished product itself. Making these while I work really stretches things out, but it makes it easier to and faster to recover from awful mistakes so it's worth it. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/JETZ34/Fire%20Emblem%20Custom%20Sprites/Extras/Henryproject.png

Edited by Phoenix

Two Stuffs :D

Firabeta.pngFiraupdate-1.png

FIRA update

The original is on the left. The update is on the right. I was a bit dissatisfied with the tattoo so I removed it altogether. I also changed her outfit into something slightly different and turned that upper support thing into a necklace of some kind. Some other things I did was more precisely define the hair lines, got rid of some(not all just yet) of those tiny purple bits, and added more plumage to the higher parts of her wings. She looks a wee bit more conservative now which I find cute and in character for her.

EDIT: Oh, and Datia, you can also mess around with the "gamma ..." option too. I use this to completely shift an object into a particular color so that when I start adjusting hues they'll all be in the same color spectrum. If I had done that back when I was working on the Danielle sprite, her hair would have come out being a uniform color (it appears to be, but it actually isn't since her bangs are a different green than the rest of her hair :P )

HENRY: Complete

Henrybeta.png

Okay ... um ... what did I do to make this thing again? Oh right. I started off by grabbing that old picture of Eliwood since that was the requested base. I usually start off by getting rid of all the background junk pixels, then I start cutting the image into parts(after making copies for as a safety measure and for keeping a visual collection of project progression). The reason I cut the sprite into different parts is so they can be recolored without risk to other areas(my recoloring tool is instant but can effect all colors within the spectrum which means it's just easier to put a recolored part into its own separate layer which also allows for additional changes later before blending starts if so desired).

Next after recoloring the outfit(and chucking a chest plate onto the guy), I began blending the layers together and made some requested edits before finally creating and blending the borders and moving on to the head. Something about Henry's left side (his left) was bugging me since he had loose strands on the other side. So I decided to try a couple of full custom strands and they seem to work okay. With that, I guess the sprite is finished.

This is the parts and pieces file I used to keep all of the parts I used together as well as the finished product itself. Making these while I work really stretches things out, but it makes it easier to and faster to recover from awful mistakes so it's worth it. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/JETZ34/Fire%20Emblem%20Custom%20Sprites/Extras/Henryproject.png

Nice changes on Fira. Personally I don't like going into changing outfits or anything like that. I have done it before, but usually I get lazy with that. =D Unless you found a method different and better than mine.

I think I did do that when working with her hair if you're talking about what I think you are.

Idk how, but I really really like how the colors on the outfit look together on Henry. Coolio =)

• 4 weeks later...

STUFFS :D

Reikabeta.pngReikabetasmirk.png

REIKA(S)

This is Reika. ... Reika ... ... Instead of going into her bright and shining personality I'll simply say this completes the nine crimson weapon wielders and call it a day.

Nornbeta.png

NORN

This is Norn, a fallen youth(not a laguz) with enough quirks for two characters, two hidden blades, and a blunderbuss. Like all of her kind she's naturally aggressive and homicidal talk is a social norm for her. Only likes food, tinkering with experimental weaponry, and bunnies.

IRINA

Now that Irina's a wyvern lord, I decided to use the opportunity to create a different look for her altogether. The armor is for special Zaftrans of course and the riding coat is about a hundred times more expensive than Iso's formerly mint condition coat. The short shorts probably only cost a few gold :P

Well here she is, one with her hair up, and one with it down.

Irina-WyvernLord.pngIrina-WyvernLordLong.png

EDIT:

Before I forget and am secretly beaten up I'll post a few pics of the wyverns in LoAF too.

Wyvernssizesandnames-update.png

All to scale with no additional edits save for Hatchling(recently named Niket) who would only be a small cluster of pixels if properly scaled.

I'll probably make a chart or something for these guys once I figure out what the chart would actually be for. After all these are just mounts XD

Edited by Phoenix

Ohhhh Dragons <3. The baby is so cute ^_^. Are they customs or did you get them from somewhere to splice?

I like what you do with the FE9/10 sprites. That is actually my goal...to be able to work with them as well since PoR and RD are my favorite games (due to the laguz and making laguz sprites would be awesome). Though, I figure starting with the smaller ones and working my way up would be a good plan (smaller scale -> larger scale).

(As I've told you before off of this thread) Your spriting just keeps getting better and better, Phoenix. ^_^ Thanks for putting up those wyverns before I beat you up! Heh, Irina's going to be freezing in Zaftra with those shorts! XD

Also, Norn's really cool. :3 Both in design and in personality (and in expressing the personality in the design, which seems to be a forte of yours). Lol; bunnies. XD

What? Did I just post my opinion on the actual thread?:blink:

Yeah I also really really like Norn! =D

The coloring looks really cool on Reika. Like, the dark blue stuff.

As for Irina, (I always like dark red) the hair looks better held up, but that's waaaaaay against the point. Good job on her too.

Ooh the wyverns!!! =) I also really really like the Hatchling. Stratos gots lotsa wings =o

Well, I never got to see Henry before because it didn't load so I'll say it now:

photo-thumb-408.jpg

Reika, as I already said, looks good. I think the smile looks kind of weird but it's not like she smiles all that often so who really cares XD

I too like Norn. She looks like one of those vicious little kids you think is gonna try and kill you but she looks like she actually could. :o also, don't bunnies coincide with food for most birds? even though i like bunnies but still

Irina is cool. Personally like hair down version better because it sorta seems to fit her more but they're both good.

Niket made me lol, Startos is cool, and wtf Victor. Nicely done XD

Edited by Luka Megurine

@ Hatari

I tend to do a slight bit of custom work on everything. Each wyvern(save for Niket/Hatchling) has something done to them besides just recoloring. For all of them I edited out the riders(but left the saddles on). For Svetlana I added little arms, for Stratos I added an extra pair of wings and a different tail. Did custom tails for Pinky Wyvern, Krinkov, Stratos and Victor.

As for spriting FE9s and 10s the best way to do that it to just start doing it. It takes practice to turn up anything decent but it's well worth it in the end.

@ Merc

Truth be told she'll probably be wearing pants for the cold weather but I had to try the short shorts look :wub:

... and yes, bunnies :3

Hahah yes you did XD

@ Datia

You know I think I might be at that level where I can push on to tougher spriting techniques. I can partly customize armor and clothing and even hairstyles so I may be getting close another milestone here :3

@ Lightning

Everyone's got an animal they would rather cuddle than eat, like me and parakeets :) XD

@ April

She turned out to be fairly easy to splice. I'm considering doing more to her outfit at some point since right now she's still got Lyre's outfit as a whole.

@ Datia

You know I think I might be at that level where I can push on to tougher spriting techniques. I can partly customize armor and clothing and even hairstyles so I may be getting close another milestone here :3

=o Ooh, awesome!!! =D