Phoenix's Sprite Gallery.

Phoenix

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost finished with Synthia, but in the meantime ...

UPDATES

OLDSvanhildrbeta-1.png

NEWSvanhildrupdate.png

NEWERSvanhildrupdate2.png

Thoughts, Merc? (Outfit's color is losing its purpose here) >_<

RECOLORS(these aren't just recolors but I didn't do enough splicing for them being labeled splices to be anything more than a technicality)

Chiebeta.png

CHIE

RotE druid I've been needing to sprite for awhile, but in the end I just ended up making an honest recolor.

Runabeta.png

RUNA

RotE fallen. This was just an experiment on clothing and feather designs based on a few pictures of falcons.

Post note: After some thinking I've decided to only take requests for rp characters(of rps I'm actually participating in). If I do anything else it'd have to be on a whim. And no this has nothing to do with how backed up the queue currently is. I'm just happy Synthia's almost done, cause there's a fallen next in the queue and I just know this one is going to be another skill test for me :XD:

EDIT:

Oh snap I almost forgot to post this as well. Not finished by a long shot but here's the progress on Lily's sword Ascension.

Ascensionprogress.png

It weighs approximately two tons(roughly four thousand pounds), the likely factor being extreme density, so only Lilith can wield it, and how? Nobody knows yet. It's also a type of light brand. And if it's not obvious it's full custom thus far.

Edited by Phoenix

Have to say, the glow in Lilith's sword was a nice touch.

@ next request beign another skill test: What ever gave you that idea? *innocent*

@ "Newer": I am officially satisfied with that coloring. It doesn't hurt eyes and it isn't so RED. (That is a good thing, by the way. We don't want it to be so RED it's cheap, now do we? *personal tastes/general rule of "too much basic color*)

Runabeta.png

RUNA

RotE fallen. This was just an experiment on clothing and feather designs based on a few pictures of falcons.

Ohhh how I love brown xD I looked at that and loved it immediately lol. Nice work I like what you did with the wings too. And what you added to the outfit.

... Dark green is a favorite color of mine too........ =D

Pretty glowy swordy thingy too XD

Robin's in the queue.

Anyway, something I did yesterday and was freaking out about a little on IRC ...

Katsuupdate3.png

KATSU

I needed both another mercenary that wasn't faceless for a subplot down the road, and a test project for Kigenese(Japanese) style armor. Of everything on that sprite, the following are full custom.

Facial hair(duh)

The pants

Both swords

The arm guard on his right arm

His entire left shoulder plating

The chest guard(but only a part of the strap)

Character Notes:

-Katsu was once a samurai, then became a ronin, and is now a mercenary.

-Katsu is a Marshall class even though he's not heavily armored like a traditional one would be. His high defense abilities come from positioning skills and very good swordsmanship

-He can tank against many of my tier 3 and above characters(Even Brynhildr to an extent), save for Valdimarr who stomps pretty much everyone I've made so far in duels.

AlekseyPetrovaupdate2.png

Also before I forget ... not as flashy but I changed Aleksey's armor color from Blue to Teal and Black.

Edited by Phoenix

Robin's in the queue.

Anyway, something I did yesterday and was freaking out about a little on IRC ...

Katsuupdate3.png

KATSU

I needed both another mercenary that wasn't faceless for a subplot down the road, and a test project for Kigenese(Japanese) style armor. Of everything on that sprite, the following are full custom.

Facial hair(duh)

The pants

Both swords

The arm guard on his right arm

His entire left shoulder plating

The chest guard(but only a part of the strap)

Character Notes:

-Katsu was once a samurai, then became a ronin, and is now a mercenary.

-Katsu is a Marshall class even though he's not heavily armored like a traditional one would be. His high defense abilities come from positioning skills and very good swordsmanship

-He can tank against many of my tier 3 and above characters(Even Brynhildr to an extent), save for Valdimarr who stomps pretty much everyone I've made so far in duels.

AlekseyPetrovaupdate2.png

Also before I forget ... not as flashy but I changed Aleksey's armor color from Blue to Teal and Black.

Woooooooow Katsu is very impressive =o It probably wasn't as much work as I think it was but still it's awesome!!! =)

I like Aleksey's armor recolor. It makes it seem all flashy and stuff haha

Browser ate the original post so less commentary this time. Too tired to rethink up stuff. Not even going to separate by category either ... just not in me right now :XD:

Katsuupdate4.png

Just an update. Darkened the armor some and toned down the swords slightly.

Wittbeta.png

DUKE SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING WITT

Just a Valtome recolor and slightly decent practice.

Eusticebeta.png

EUSTICE

Some mercenary. Recolor practice.

GenericAHMyrmbeta.pngGenericAHVersatilebeta.pngGenericAHMagebeta.png

ARTIFICIAL HUMANS

Generics to represent several classes each but they might have unique named versions if I get bored which ... let's face it, I will.

Patriciabeta.png

PATRICIA BELO

Instead of saying anything helpful or relevant I'll just not say anything and snicker at my own jokes.

Sabinabeta.png

SABINA

Nother mercenary, not totally irrelevant like the other one though. Was nice hairstyle practice too.

GenericNinjabeta.png

GENERIC NINJA

Note: This isn't actually a ninja. YOU NEVER SAW A NINJA.

Anyway, since I need Roy's input to finish Synthia, I'm just going to start working on the next character in the queue this week, which is Uso.

I here now. I give input, you finish Synthia, yes?

Also, Katsu is AMAZING. That is definitely the hottest sprite I've seen all day. *gets hypnotic devices* Make more, I commaaaaand yooooou.

I'll pm you about Synthia soon to try and get some things finished.

OLD Svanhildrupdate2.png NEW Svanhildrupdate3.png

Nothing major, just replaced the left wing with a more appropriate and matching one. I used the first one due to the angle she's standing at and how it looked at the time, but after trying out the wing Brynhildr has, it looked alright so I kept it.

UPDATES

Nornupdate3.pngValdimarrupdate.png

As you can tell I've been going back and randomly touching up old and newer sprites alike.

Changes to Norn:

Her hair and feathers were recolored to more closely match Valdimarr's.(Originally a shade of brown heavily desaturated and almost black, now with a more bluish hue and some barely noticeable blue highlights similar to Valdimarr's)

Made her eyes slightly smaller and recolored them.

Changed her chocker from brown to red, and the silver thing to gold.(the chocker change was to better match with Valdimarr since the two will each wear something that's the other's favorite color, and the silver to gold was just preference ... she is technically a princess after all.)

Changes to Valdimarr:

Made some edits to his outfit to make it look less like Tibarn's.

Put a more matching cloth/glove thing over his left hand.

Switched back to the original wings that were on the sprite since they looked far more natural by comparison.(Also using those wings made his colors easier to spot.)

Fiddled with the design on the headband some more.

I'll pm you about Synthia soon to try and get some things finished.

OLD Svanhildrupdate2.png NEW Svanhildrupdate3.png

Nothing major, just replaced the left wing with a more appropriate and matching one. I used the first one due to the angle she's standing at and how it looked at the time, but after trying out the wing Brynhildr has, it looked alright so I kept it.

Yeah the wing seems better. I like how you made that... whatever it is more transparent because it doesn't look so bland.

UPDATES

Nornupdate3.pngValdimarrupdate.png

As you can tell I've been going back and randomly touching up old and newer sprites alike.

Changes to Norn:

Her hair and feathers were recolored to more closely match Valdimarr's.(Originally a shade of brown heavily desaturated and almost black, now with a more bluish hue and some barely noticeable blue highlights similar to Valdimarr's)

Made her eyes slightly smaller and recolored them.

Changed her chocker from brown to red, and the silver thing to gold.(the chocker change was to better match with Valdimarr since the two will each wear something that's the other's favorite color, and the silver to gold was just preference ... she is technically a princess after all.)

Changes to Valdimarr:

Made some edits to his outfit to make it look less like Tibarn's.

Put a more matching cloth/glove thing over his left hand.

Switched back to the original wings that were on the sprite since they looked far more natural by comparison.(Also using those wings made his colors easier to spot.)

Fiddled with the design on the headband some more.

I like the eye change. Also that medallion(?) looks better as gold =)

Valdimarr looks pretty cool =D

Oh yeah and I've been trying to work on my most recent FE 9-10 sprite and tried to fix the collar but I totally screwed it up =[[[[[

Uhhh ... okay so it's like this ...

Yesterday I randomly mentioned wanting to sprite a samurai. Well I actually did :/:

Here's both a masked and unmasked version.

Samurai1beta.pngSamurai2beta.png

What is Full Custom:

Uh ... anything that's not light pale blue, and not the face. So pretty much all of the armor, the sleeves, helmet, and tassets which I'm not even sure are finished.

I personally don't think they turned out that great (I did this in like five hours minus the time to outline everything which was mostly done last night) but feedback would be nice anyway.

I used this for referencing though it's a different type of armor.

Samurai_Do_maru_armor_piece.jpg

And then there was another Svanhildr update.

Svanhildrupdate4-1.png

The left wing looked nice and aligned with the body but something was bugging me. I realized it was the right wing this time and that it wasn't properly aligned with her torso, at least not in relation to the left wing. Taking a look at Raphael(where the left wing is originally from) I realized what the right positioning would be. You can barely see the right wing now, but at least it's in the right spot. I had to ignore the way she tilts her head to get it right (her tilt is easier to spot by referencing her breasts and shoulders; something I didn't catch the second time) but at least they're BOTH finally fixed :XD:

Edited by Phoenix

@ bird lady: Yeah, it looks much better. :):

@ Samurai: DAAAAAAAAANG... O_O (note: this is a positive reaction)

Lyraupdate.png

LYRA LANGLEY

I started out with just an outfit, which I was trying to use to make an alternate version of Svanhildr. Totally did not work out but instead a new character was born.

Note: She's a dark avian, not a fallen, so there's no tail or freaky reversing eyes.

Chancehb.png

CHANCE

Redid his colors. This is cropped down to half body cause he kind of needed one. Besides, the only thing not showing that I changed in the recoloring and shirt adding was his boots, which are now a lot darker.

Chanceupdate.png

Synthiabeta.png

SYNTHIA AZUBAH

Yeah I actually got around to finishing her a couple of hours ago during a live stream. That was interesting.

Where Lyra's hair crosses over the wing you should probably lighten the outline. It seems like it stands out a little too much. =D

Chance looks great with those recolors! =]

Lol take Synthia's hair and it looks just like Lucius' hair xD

Can't see the entire eye that's covered by the hair, but does Chance have hetrochromia?

I guess technically it is, though since I made him for two separate rps, his backstory is different in both. In RotE the heterochromia isn't natural.

@ Suggestions

I'll look into those.

• 2 weeks later...

Raquel-Miricolor.png

Wanted a see a blonde Raquel. Now I have :/:

Ridgebeta.png

RIDGE REMUS

Very easy, very simple.

Ricobeta.png

RICO

Recolor of the Snow Villiers sprite I made that one time. Decided to save myself some time making another npc :):

Giovannibeta.png

GIOVANNI

Nother npc and a decent enough excuse to try my hand at tricones. Could have turned out better I guess.

Chancehbenemy.pngChance-mugenemy2.png

CHANCE

Recolored Chance again for no particular reason. This isn't a canon look for him (yet)

Rexbeta.pngRex-mug-smile.png

REX

*shrugs*

Firaupdate-2.png

FIRA

Touched up, and instead of one solid color, her wings have three different shades of red on them ranging from blood red to something near purple.

Also Gabbie's original sprite needed a touch up. My old monitor was huge but my new one has shown me some errors and issues with some older sprites.

Old Gabriellabeta.png New Gabriellaupdate.png

If you can't see the touch ups, don'worry about it. It was mostly reinforcing lines and anti aliasing some edges :XD:

(I also recolored her hair using a color tool to make it completely the uniform)

• 2 weeks later...

That's Chance as a red character. You know what that means : ]

Anyway, some random stuff I did ...

RED vs BLUE

Brynhildrv3Red.pngBrynhildrv3.png

I'm not sure which update I should go with, but I'm defaulting to red for now :lol:

Alyssaupdate.png

ALYSSA IVANOVNA

She needed a sprite at some point and I hadn't used Heather for much of anything. She's the prince's bodyguard and carries a special type of rifle along with two bows, and a unique combat knife. There's plenty more I could do with this but for nwo I may as well post it. Yes she has barely visible highlights.

Cloverbeta.png

CLOVER

Micaiah recolor, folks, nothing to see here.

Lucillebeta.png

LUCILLE

Mist recolor, even less to see here. Move alooong.

Nikonbeta.png

NIKON

Me randomly wanting to make a character with an eyepatch.

Colinbeta.png

COLIN

Hairstyle practice gone awry.

Reminds me of Wolverine :/:

Bosconovitchhb.png

BOSCONOVITCH

I got rid of the old chest plate because I was getting sick and tired of it. I also recolored the armor and got rid of some of the old saturation and flaws. Shading was a pain in the butt, always is.

Fullbody version

Boscprogress4.png