Phoenix's Sprite Gallery.

Phoenix

... you know, I almost wish Bron, Olga, the twins and Robin had managed to steal this thing from the museum. That would have been kind of interesting.

And do something productive instead of ending up captured and at the mercy of the party? Phoenix, I thought you knew me better.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to coment on your "different women have different breasts" thing: very true and I commend you for it. Also, amazing job on the full-custom bellies. The outfits are actually really pretty. Excellent color choices palette-wise. I remember you comenting on Lulu's beauty on IRC. It was like she'd captivated you. I'm guessing we have quite the difference of opinion. No offense, but I don't find her that pretty. She looks a little fake to me, though the results aren't at all terrible. Also, about Amina... Her eyecolor is too similar to her eyeshadow. Try something like a somewhat-saturated yellow with orange tinges. It'll keep the warmth you're looking for and will compliemnt the purple eyes. If you don't like the result, try making her eyeshadow either fainter or darker and either way redder. It'll go with her hair, outfit and eyes since all have red in them. Right now, her eyes have too much of a weird glow effect. Unless you were going for that. Was she abducted by aliens or something? Nothing really to say about Malik. I think he turned out as a believable character and you're continuing on your red rampage (and yes, I noticed that even Lulu has a little red on her: the tiny, red gem hanging from her crown thing and a couple small red gems in the crown thing its self.)

Lulufeathered.png

LULU

... because Nadya and Hannah needed some competition. This is the 'Main Maiden' and Aisha's spokesperson. Don't worry about the color though. She's got a lighter skin tone for a reason. Plot related. Anyway I designed the outfit from Ashunera and wanted to try exposing different areas for a change. That required some full custom work on the stomach but I think it came out okay. Had to stare at Jillian Michael's stomach for a good minute before I could even attempt this though.

Cannot... unsee.

Flying Crimean Queen Dancer.

I have to coment on your "different women have different breasts" thing: very true and I commend you for it. Also, amazing job on the full-custom bellies. The outfits are actually really pretty. Excellent color choices palette-wise. I remember you comenting on Lulu's beauty on IRC. It was like she'd captivated you. I'm guessing we have quite the difference of opinion. No offense, but I don't find her that pretty. She looks a little fake to me, though the results aren't at all terrible. Also, about Amina... Her eyecolor is too similar to her eyeshadow. Try something like a somewhat-saturated yellow with orange tinges. It'll keep the warmth you're looking for and will compliemnt the purple eyes. If you don't like the result, try making her eyeshadow either fainter or darker and either way redder. It'll go with her hair, outfit and eyes since all have red in them. Right now, her eyes have too much of a weird glow effect. Unless you were going for that. Was she abducted by aliens or something? Nothing really to say about Malik. I think he turned out as a believable character and you're continuing on your red rampage (and yes, I noticed that even Lulu has a little red on her: the tiny, red gem hanging from her crown thing and a couple small red gems in the crown thing its self.)

That's incredibly observant :lol:

@ Beauty

I'll point out right now though that the women with tans are extremely difficult for me to resist.

Eg: Lulu, Milena, etc

@ Amina

That was a real rush job so there was less consideration on some colors, but she may change a bit in an update. We'll see :^_^:

@ Red rampage

Needed my fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, go'head :lol:

Okay finally I've finished one of the requests in the queue and I can update this thing.

Caterenaupdate.png

CATERENA

This is a newer version of her that retrograded on some of the mods in the original. I decided to do that since it was simpler and I'm lazy. Also the original Cat was made using some old outdated techniques and it's not very pretty to begin with.

Usonaobare.pngUsobeta-2.pngUso-mugdark3.png

USONOAO

The latest character in my sprite queue. This is Merc's fallen character. For more details, just ask her.

Talithabeta.png

TALITHA

This is Tali. I made her just trying to make a winged race character with a Lutino parakeet's colors. That's about it. I don't know how I'll use her in the rp :lol:

Here's a pic of a lutino for comparison. (not my image: just uploaded via url)

400198093_104af6c07f.jpg

Dominikbeta.png

DOMINIK

The overcoats are back! This was an attempt at coat splicing and forcing myself to make a braid. His hairstyle didn't allow me to add glasses so I decided to try those again later on some other character.

Ayanobeta.png

AYANO

Vika's base is just too useful for spriting practice. I've made so many things form her~

Edited by Phoenix

@ Raquel's mom: Not what I pictured at all, I must say (other than haircolor and clothing style.) She sure looks young for having an 18-year-old daughter. o_O I mean, sure she could've had Raquel young, but really... If it's like that, then I have to wonder about Jethro... Still, I do very much like the design. I just question her age. How old is she supposed to be, anyway?

@ Uso: Thanks again for all the work you put into that and for listening to me when I had a correction to make. :^_^: It turned out great!

@ Talitha & the lutino parakeet: Cuuuute!! I actually really like Talitha's design. X3 Is she going to be a Fallen or an Avian I wonder...

@ Dominik:

The overcoats are back!
In black. But yeah, the braid looks pretty stiff. It doesn't look so great, but that's what practice is for. I'd suggest turning the braid since it looks like it's sideways right now (because angle) but I actually think glasses would make this guy look really cool. You should think about adding them. I like the colors on this guy.

@ Ayano: STONED KURTHNAGA WITH A FEMALE BODY THIS IS TOO WEIRD Other than that (and the lack of anything hiding the face/neck/etc) ninja. The outfit looks awesome but her (it's so weird calling Kurthnaga a "her") left arm's armor looks a bit coppypasted. The style's too different. Though that tattoo on her arm looks familliar indeed. She's one of that one lilac-haired gothic chick's crew, isn't she?

@ Cat

Caterena's profile's in the character thread now actually. She's 34 so yes she had Raquel at a very young age :lol:

@ Tali

I haven't decided if she's an avian or fallen yet, so I decided to leave it unknown until I figure out where she fits in the rp.

@ Aya

The armor she has on her arms might have looked a little better if I'd done a full body since it would show up on her legs too along with a few other little bits I might not have been too lazy to add on a full body sprite :lol:

As for the tattoo ... well those may show up from time to time~ (find them all and win a prize!)

Edited by Phoenix

• 2 weeks later...

Not finished with Shadrak yet(clever wording since I'm still trying to come up with a decent base to use), I decided to just get up these other things that got done in the meantime.

Domovoiupdate2.png

DOMOVOI

This was a request and needed some clearing up before I could get it right. For details ask Sage(Clockwork Sage)

... and yes ... that is Gatrie's face ... pasted on Nadved.

Cassandraupdate.png

CASSANDRA

This is an update for the original Cassandra sprite.

Notes:

-The tattoo was taken off her arm because it's not the right symbol she should be carrying. In-story the tattoo she does have is in a different place. Not gonna say where.

-She's not actually a canon character at the moment.

Zerachielbeta.png

ZERACHIEL

Not canon yet, but I really wanted to see how something like this would turn out. His stomach is full custom and some of my better shading work even though it doesn't stand out much. Other parts of the outfit are also full custom fill ins ... lol his theme just came on in itunes shuffle, I kid you not :lol:

(Those who go to Heaven: Tekken 5)

Next up is RotE's version of Anna. I wanted to make more than one look for her since in the rp she's this strange omni-occupational employee of Seth Weyland who basically goes from one one type of job to the next. It's even been hinted at that she's a capable combatant :lol:

All three of these were actually used as an experiment for something I'm not yet proficient at.

[spoiler=Blue uniform thing]Anna-Op.png

Kinda basic and I'd still consider this a work in progress until I find more things to put on the outfit. The belt she's wearing is full custom and was one of the main aims of the outfit.

[spoiler=Fall look]Anna-Fall.png

This was a test to see if I could make a fur collar. Apparently I can. The collar is almost entirely full custom. The only part that isn't is a tiny bit of detail in the middle on the left side that I pasted from Caineghis(the part in the middle of the fur, not the middle of the outside, I actually had to do all that myself)

[spoiler=Spring look]Anna-Spring.png

This was to practice making frills. They're obviously all full custom. They're also ore circular than real frills are I noticed, but for a first try I really like them. I also had to make some major changes to the size of her torso since it was a different base than the Lucia base I used for the other two(this spring outfit was made from the Maiden outfit Lulu and Amina wear).

I also went about changing her hairstyle ... which actually proved more difficult for me than the frills. Color choices were kind of a cop out but I'm hoping they work. If anyone's got any advice on alternate colors for this version, I'd really appreciate it.

Ooooh just go back a ways, I've pulled shenanigans like this before. I tried being a little less blatant about it but I wasn't going to make too many edits to that cute face of hers beyond a slight blur to give it the FE10 look :lol: (still experimenting with this)

@ Anna barrage:

1st one: Oh hey, this one I like!

2nd one: Eh, too much red, but not bad and good work on the fur.

2rd one: .... Design seems awkward to me. I like the attempt at the hair change, but it's kinda blocky on the lower part. This may be just me, but it looks too much like some form of underwear. =_=;

@ Domo boy: Now if only he decided to exist more... But yeah, I like the colors on this. Nice work, the the face had me laughing a bit cause I recognized Gatrie immediately. :XD:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working on a request *mumbles about Shadrak's head* but I didn't want to keep these other random things held up when I could throw them up here and keep my gallery on the first page :^_^:

Simonbetacloaked.png

The Darksider

This wasn't even really practice or anything good. I just wanted to make a homebody shaman to pester the pegasus sisters.

Volyabeta.png

Volya

A Dark Avian. Also tattoo practice gone awol.

Reinaupdate2.pngReinaupdate1.png

Redid Reina's face. That's about it here.

Okay last but most arduous is an alternate costume I'm working on for Gabbie. The shading on this one is proving to be insanely difficult, but I'm hanging in there and hopefully I can make some kind of alteration to her actual outfit without having to resort to shortshorts like I did with Irina.

[spoiler=Gabbie Alt WIP]GabriellaAltWIP.png

So there's the armored boots with the bladed heels, the gauntlets, an extra belt to cover up that one spot I could never figure out, and a light chainmail vest underneath her riding shirt/skirt thing. I also added stockings because I couldn't help myself :>_<:

@ "*mumbles about Shadrak's head*" : It is quite big, isn't it?

@ Darksider: lolol love it

@ Volya: I SEE ANOTHER OF THOSE TATTOOS, CHALLENGE IS STILL GOING!!

@ Gabbie: Oh dang more of the tattoo!! Also, Try giving her loose pants. Please. B| Also, that chainmail looks more like a form of scale armor.

Gabbie's not really a loose pants person (or that'd have been considered in the original design). Instead, I decided to try adding a bottom layer to the outfit.

(Why does photobucket keep updating everything? As soon as I get comfortable with a given layout, surprise, a newer, more annoying one shows up :lol: )

Gabriellaupdatealt.png

Changes:

-'nother shot at the chainmail taken

-stockings converted to thicker nontransparent material

-added to arms as well

-transparent undergarment added

Her tattoos are partly covered, but the ones on her arms are identical, so I decided to just go'head and keep the edits. Also considering a slight change to hairstyle and trim for the armor but not right now. Maybe later after a few more requests get done *mumles about Shadrak's hair more*

Burkebeta.png

BURKE

Character design partly inspired by Izanagi (Persona 4) and Homunculus Greed (FMA:B). I had to do some resizing on both the head(making it smaller) and the body(making it larger). Also more shading woes.

@ Gabbie: Much nicer, actually. Still somewhat annoyed with the dress because she's supposedly fighting in that but whatevs.

@Burke: The pose reminds me of Daniel and Jorge. So I picture Jorge being all "Hey, Daniel, look what I found in the back of the wagon! Pretty cool, huh?"

• 3 weeks later...

In the meantime ...

STUFF :D:

Shadrakupdate.png

SHADRAK

Lot of you have already seen him since he ended up in Z's avatar the minute I finished it :lol:

Anedabeta.png

ANEDA

I'm sure this one's been seen around, as well(for the same reason). Finished this one last night during an art stream.

Talithaaltcolor1.png

This was just done for fun and isn't canon(unless it's actually Krystal and she and Tali are identicaaaaal? Yeah doubt it)

Raquelupdate-2emblem.png

Raquel with a different gem color in her cape thing and a slight fix to her cape. The yellow gem isn't canon so I probably should have left it green :XD:

Here's another one ...

AmonAH.png

Amon as an artificial human. Gave him that blue scheme some of them used though it's not finished. Not really important enough to finish, I was just bored :P:

Lastly I made an alternate appearance for Lilith <3 (there's a comparison to the first in there as well)

Lilithupdate2.pngLilithAlternateoutfit1.png

No I was not just changing crap at random ... though I didn't really have anything in mind either (it's all goooooooold)... just tried not to clash with the colors too much, I guess.

That's it. Just a recolor mania, mostly :D: