Ether's Mafia game thread.

Ether

Alright, so I'm not quite sure on who to vote at the moment. Tables looks a bit funny to me as, judging from his wording, he claimed that he, Spoon and Russell are the Masons. However, while there are three Masons, there also are three Senators and three Rebels - I think it might be possible that they just try to make us think that they are the Masons, and are in fact the Senate/Rebels. On the other hand, this would be very risky for them if they actually were the Senate/Rebels, so...

I think it would be wise for the Tactician to investigate those three tonight. If they indeed are Masons, the Tactican would get that result no matter what, and they'd be cleared, allowing us to definitely go for someone else.

Whoo, Mafia!

Now, who to kill... Hmm, Balcerzak is smart, I'm killing him.

Anyway, you guys don't have a chance this time. My team consists of me, Spoon and Russell. We're so winning this.

I told him I wanted to be Mafia. So what does he go and do? Makes me some irrelevant role instead. Humbug.

sarcasm-detector.jpg

It had to be done.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tables looks a bit funny to me as, judging from his wording, he claimed that he, Spoon and Russell are the Masons. However, while there are three Masons, there also are three Senators and three Rebels - I think it might be possible that they just try to make us think that they are the Masons, and are in fact the Senate/Rebels. On the other hand, this would be very risky for them if they actually were the Senate/Rebels, so...

I think it would be wise for the Tactician to investigate those three tonight. If they indeed are Masons, the Tactican would get that result no matter what, and they'd be cleared, allowing us to definitely go for someone else.

I lol'd.

When Tables wrote that, he hadn't gotten his role PM yet. So as a joke, he claimed that him, I and Spoon (generally considered the smarter players) were all on the mafia, thereby screwing the town since we are usually revered. His comment actually doesn't mean anything.

He hadn't? That's weird. I looked at the time it was posted at, and it's roughly 20 minutes after I got my role PM, so I thought he already had gotten his as well.

Never mind... :facepalm:

He hadn't? That's weird. I looked at the time it was posted at, and it's roughly 20 minutes after I got my role PM, so I thought he already had gotten his as well.

Never mind... :facepalm:

That's OK, we all make mistakes.

Mind you, Core's probably going to lynch you for it, accusing you of Mafia because you messed up on the first day by pointing a finger at the smarter people. Apparently, it's a foolproof scumtell that never works.

Spoon is right, we learn more if we don't all just bandwagon behind one person, but split into divided camps. I'm a bit leery on how suddenly everyone jumped on Dragonslayer just for opening the floor to discussion, so I will take a second path and vote Ulki for the moment, purely in the interest of providing the town with more information than just "he's sheeping the biggest bandwagon."

I really don't seem BK's concern about tie votes at all justified at this stage, as the only secret voting roles are squarely in the hands of law-abiding citizens, and they should know exactly what to do with that power if the chips are down.

We'll also have remember that competing factions mean considerable complications, and we won't be able to assume someone is clear just because they spearheaded a successful scum lynch.

At any rate, I think the best case scenario is if we can somehow manage to get Volke dead by lynch. He only counts as one obstacle that way, and directly stops one night kill. Eliminating Senate or Rebellion takes much longer to stop the night-time bleeding, and they're also much more vulnerable to night-time cross fire than the Assassin is. So, that's probably the priority target if it comes up for the Tactician or Jack.

There has to be some way we can use the existence of a group of Masons to our advantage, but I'm not sure I see how we can get one (or two) of them to clear themselves [also painting bullseyes on their clothes] while leaving one (or two) hidden [and thus safe from total extermination], so that people can claim to them and establish an information network of pseudoanonymity, which should have some margin of safety. It's probably impossible, actually, but hey a man can dream, right?

At any rate, I think the best case scenario is if we can somehow manage to get Volke dead by lynch. He only counts as one obstacle that way, and directly stops one night kill. Eliminating Senate or Rebellion takes much longer to stop the night-time bleeding, and they're also much more vulnerable to night-time cross fire than the Assassin is. So, that's probably the priority target if it comes up for the Tactician or Jack.

There has to be some way we can use the existence of a group of Masons to our advantage, but I'm not sure I see how we can get one (or two) of them to clear themselves [also painting bullseyes on their clothes] while leaving one (or two) hidden [and thus safe from total extermination], so that people can claim to them and establish an information network of pseudoanonymity, which should have some margin of safety. It's probably impossible, actually, but hey a man can dream, right?

I'm tempted to vote Dragonslayer just because he supports Coach while I'm a Russell fan but eh...

However, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you, Bal. The Serial Killer might be the biggest threat but he also has the least amount of information to work with. Most of his kills are going to be coming from blind luck. To me, the two Mafias are more dangerous since the senate has a Stalker while the Rebels have a Hooker. In fact, the Senate could be the most dangerous of the three because of the Stalker. If you ask me, that's the person we should be looking for to lynch immediately. Bizz showed us in Spoon's last big game how effective that role can be (she found the Doctor and the Nurse one night after another which was probably the single biggest thing that gave us the win).

Also, I've been playing on EpicMafia recently and I've realized that sometimes it's good to rolecall early if a doctor still exists. In fact, most games would have the cop roleclaiming on the first day if the doctor was still alive (a yakked Doctor would fuck up the town, though). Since Bizz is dead, we really only have one true cop left, the Tactician. I personally feel that it's better if the Tactician roleclaims now so that the Doctor can save him until the Doctor bites the dust. In return, we get the contents of his report rather than him just hiding it and showing it to a select few if he's smart about doing it.

Anyone disagree with me here? If not, I think it's best that the Tactician claims now and tells us his report from last night.

I'm suspicous of Raymond personally as he says he suspects Tables but then joins the dragonlord bandwagon

Anyone disagree with me here? If not, I think it's best that the Tactician claims now and tells us his report from last night.

I disagree. Like you just reminded me, the Rebels and Senate also have power roles, and we don't want Heather sleeping with Soren(?) every night.

I'm suspicous of Raymond personally as he says he suspects Tables but then joins the dragonlord bandwagon

You know, I also said that I'd like the Tactician to investigate them before actually voting for them, as lynching Masons would be pointless, and at that point I thought that they had an above-average chance to be the Masons, which is no longer the case.

As for my vote, I simply want to avoid a tie (resulting in a no-lynch), as I don't see how that would benefit the town right now - we could of course just wait for crossfire between the Senate/Rebels/Assassin, but their chance of hitting other Senators/Rebels/the Assassin (seeing as they know their buddies and won't target them) is lower than our chance of hitting them, and unlike their shots, our lynching also ignores the bulletproof protection some of them have.

You know, I also said that I'd like the Tactician to investigate them before actually voting for them, as lynching Masons would be pointless, and at that point I thought that they had an above-average chance to be the Masons, which is no longer the case.

As for my vote, I simply want to avoid a tie (resulting in a no-lynch), as I don't see how that would benefit the town right now - we could of course just wait for crossfire between the Senate/Rebels/Assassin, but their chance of hitting other Senators/Rebels/the Assassin (seeing as they know their buddies and won't target them) is lower than our chance of hitting them, and unlike their shots, our lynching also ignores the bulletproof protection some of them have.

Alright point conceded if I still can I'll change the vote to Ulkieven though it would appear futile to vote anything but Dragonlord

Ulki - 3

The Dragonslayer - 4

Fayt Zelpher - 1

BK-201 - 1

Raymond - 1

All right. I'm going to do something that'll probably make the town mad and vote Ulki. There's a few reasons for this:

He's currently inactive - if he comes back and has votes against him, he'll be forced to speak. Hopefully, he'll still be alive by then. If not, and he's town, we just wasted a lynch.

A no lynch on day one is NOT as bad as people think. No lynching gives us more nights for power roles to gather information, more chances for mafia and Volke to kill each other, and on day 1 the chance of hitting mafia is very low. Yes, we can hit mafia, but it's not likely (about a 1/3 chance). With guilty report from people etc, we can get that up a lot higher.

So that's that.

A no lynch on day one is NOT as bad as people think.

Aye its far better than jumping onto a tiny conclusion (like I did :facepalm: )

Lynch: Lekain No Lynch for the time being.

I'm sorry guys, I still think that whoever is Lekain (the Stalker or Chancellor as Ether calls it) is the single most dangerous member here. If we lose our Doctor within the next couple of days, I doubt it was luck. Same thing with the Tactician if he doesn't roleclaim.

I'll change my vote if I feel I need to. But I'm not getting much on the negative mafioso vibe.

EDIT: The Stalker is the Councilman, not the Chancellor. :facepalm: My bad.

Edited by King Russell

I'm telling you guys, lynching me is a really bad idea. I'd rather not play the roleclaim game, but if it comes down to it I will.

Well ironically the lynching ballot has become a hung parliament

Well actually that's not the only reason (the other reason being that I agree with Tables's no lynch on day 1 thingy) but I can't edit my post so whatever.

How is it a mafia move? I bet if there were 2 bandwagons, one was you and the other one was me, you would vote for me so you could try not to get lynch <_<

How is it a mafia move? I bet if there were 2 bandwagons, one was you and the other one was me, you would vote for me so you could try not to get lynch <_<

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Know i was just responding to what Light said.

Just in the interest of the fact that's something a mafia would do Ulki.