What is your fear?

Ansem

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid of submerged objects coming to the surface of any large body of water. Not the idea of it, but seeing it happen.

idk if this is what you meant

but I remember when I used to have long hair and I went to a swimming pool once and I put my hair like the ring girl and swam stealthily to strangers to surprise them. Kid reactions were the best. XD

Think I found out why I'm so shy around new people.

I think I have some type of stranger-phobia. It seems that I'm very uncomfortable around strangers and stay as far as I possibly can from them. Or, even when I'm not super-close to someone like a family member or something like that, I still feel uncomfort sitting/moving/standing near others.

One weird thing I do is when I walk home from school I cross the road a few times and sometimes if someone is on my side of the road on the sidewalk and I'm headed toward them or they're headed to me, I do what I normally do, and cross straight away. But if someone is on the other side of the road on the sidewalk headed toward me and I'm headed toward them, then I stay on the other side until they pass by, or at least until the next intersection cause I don't want them to seem offended if they happened to notice I crossed as soon as I passed them. It's like I'm thinking, "They really should make these sidewalks wider" or something like that.

Also our lunch tables have individual seats and are round, so when I sit at one, usually I take the isolated spot, if there are any.

So I think I just get afraid/uncomfortable with getting too near others. =/ I've always been telling myself I totally don't fit in at all with the human race and I shoulda been born an animal that finds it normal to be alone. And this isn't the only thing that makes me very unhuman-like.

I think I have some type of stranger-phobia. It seems that I'm very uncomfortable around strangers and stay as far as I possibly can from them. Or, even when I'm not super-close to someone like a family member or something like that, I still feel uncomfort sitting/moving/standing near others.

One weird thing I do is when I walk home from school I cross the road a few times and sometimes if someone is on my side of the road on the sidewalk and I'm headed toward them or they're headed to me, I do what I normally do, and cross straight away. But if someone is on the other side of the road on the sidewalk headed toward me and I'm headed toward them, then I stay on the other side until they pass by, or at least until the next intersection cause I don't want them to seem offended if they happened to notice I crossed as soon as I passed them. It's like I'm thinking, "They really should make these sidewalks wider" or something like that.

Also our lunch tables have individual seats and are round, so when I sit at one, usually I take the isolated spot, if there are any.

So I think I just get afraid/uncomfortable with getting too near others. =/ I've always been telling myself I totally don't fit in at all with the human race and I shoulda been born an animal that finds it normal to be alone. And this isn't the only thing that makes me very unhuman-like.

Please, please don't go Fayt. We all went through something like that. Or similar.

Hmm... I have stranger-phobia, too, although my case is not extremely pronounced. I cover up my discomfort well...Until the stranger does something I dislike. Then I get up and leave. I dislike physical contact and crowded rooms. Oh, I took a quiz that said that I was a White Wolf. That was pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I fear a bunch of shit, but if you just want the thing I fear most it is that nihilism is justified.

Yes, this basically means I am depressed (or whatever the feeling one is supposed to have when their fear becomes a reality) all the time.

That's not all that surprising. Walking with or past another can be awkward.

Again, normal. Though don't you have friends at school to sit with?

Those people you're worrying about not being like probably sometimes think the exact same thing.

I wouldn't worry myself about it too much if I were you. The heart that beats in their chest is the same as the one in yours.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

• 2 weeks later...

Again, normal. Though don't you have friends at school to sit with?

I wouldn't worry myself about it too much if I were you. The heart that beats in their chest is the same as the one in yours.

No.

............................ Then guess they're just better at making themselves sit next to each other.

I'm afraid of love...

*sighs* Yes. It's hard to have good luck with hard and I can't help myself when it comes to it, so that makes it worse. I can't not love. I'm a human and I need to be loooooved.

And idk I usually think animals are cute, so snakes, wormies, itty bitty caterpillars..... =3 (Mostly I like the tiny snakes but I'm fine with big ones too)

Newly Discovered Fears:

Talking into microphones. I can talk to crowds, but with a voice amplifier I just get really nervous.

Interacting with little kids. This is extremely mild but I really do prefer people my own age or a lot older than me.

Dancing. Nough said.

*sighs* Yes. It's hard to have good luck with hard and I can't help myself when it comes to it, so that makes it worse. I can't not love. I'm a human and I need to be loooooved.

And idk I usually think animals are cute, so snakes, wormies, itty bitty caterpillars..... =3 (Mostly I like the tiny snakes but I'm fine with big ones too)

Depends on what you consider love. Love as in casual love (I love that show!), Love towards parents, love towards peers (friends) or love in a male-female gonna get married one day type thing? (Yes I'm over-exaggerating with the marriage).

Since all but the last one point to a fear of expressing oneself, (usually gratitude) and often comes with the "I'm a loner! I'm cool" or "I can live fine by myself" mentality XD.

Though judging from your post, I assume the last one. And..... well maul it, cut it into peices and throw it in the washing machine. Love is evil and will take away what little sense you have! *Points to her parents for a good example*

What am I scared of?.... Well the first thing that came to mind was my sisters room. taking a shower once a week makes me wander what she does in there. (She spent the entire day in her room during the past two months) And the last time anyone (mom, dad, myself) cleaned that room was 9 months ago.... and we know she's not sensible to clean that room herself >_<

1. Insects. Especially spiders. (Funny thing is, when I was in third grade, I used to hold daddy long legs all the time because my group of friends did it. Peer pressure conquers fear. Of course, when I stopped doing that, I regained my fear of all bugs barring butterflies, silkworms, ladybugs and those lot.)

2. Oh and being stung by bees/wasps/hornets/I don't f-ing care what to call them. When I was five, 10 or so bumble bees stung me, granted that I accidentally stepped on their nest in my backyard.

3. The dark, sometimes. Not really. but being home alone and when you're awake at 2 in the morning can scare some people. Not me, anymore.

4. Heights. Actually..... Going up an escalator... I feel like I'm going to fall back. Or in glassy elevators/glassy staircases.