[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While every one else has already said that Arch doesn't have the resources for changes as miniscule as customs of the same characters, I don't think asking for those customs is anything but ridiculous when there are sprites that are already available that perfectly suit their characters

It's all about Arch's professed love of quality. While you can buff and shine some of the prettiest stones, if you do a half-ass job on some others, the overall collection isn't going to shimmer as a collective whole. There's a noticeable difference between the prime ones and the... basic ones.

A character like Eliwood, for instance, has a sprite that suits him perfectly fine in EN, whereas Lowen's or Rebecca's wouldn't.

Eliwood is another character who suddenly was unfrozen from time, while other characters moved on and lived their lives for three years ;[

Edited by Celice

i like Lowen with Grey armor.

further more may i ask why some character get different sprites while others don't, granted when your around your late 20's/older, your not gonna change too much with three years. so while we got Nino, Rebecca, and Lowen to change, we still don't got people like Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Rath, Kent, Guy, Matt, Serra, to name the ones off the top of my head.

granted i've liked all the sprites i've seen and i don't mind the defaults, but it seems strange to change just afew of the younger members but not all.

Eliwood is another character who suddenly was unfrozen from time, while other characters moved on and lived their lives for three years ;[

For the ones who have changed in some small ways (Like bulking up, and getting newer heavier armor, that also fits some one who is no longer a new recruit to pull a completely random example) they don't clash because they have some edits and others don't. Some people change in a few years, and others don't. Some things happen that warrant changes in the way you dress or which armor you would wear for some and not for others. A character like Eliwood, for instance, has a sprite that suits him perfectly fine in EN, whereas Lowen's or Rebecca's wouldn't.

Don't got.

Sorry, wrong thread hahaha

I'm pretty sure Guy has an updated sprite, Serra I guess could as well. The others, not so much since all of them are over 17, and there wouldn't be much aging after that. Then again, this is my opinion.

Edited by Kitty of Time

Celice, if you'd like to be part of the solution you're more than welcome. I'm working on getting aged characters, but, like I said, I don't have a huge graphics division devoted to making edits to all these characters. At this point you're like a guy yelling at the ditch-diggers about how they're doing it wrong while standing outside of the hole. Grab a shovel and lend a hand if you want to see it done the way you want, I'd be more than happy to have additional help.

Edited by Arch

I never said I wanted it any way at all. There's a large difference between trying to convince a certain response (as you suggest), and giving explanations and clarification in response to others who aren't understanding a point.

Last time I lent a hand, your project fell flat. Even if I wanted to help, I don't see a worthwhile investment with your track record. Though hopefully this is finished up--many people have enjoyed your project thus far.

One of his favorite quotes is along the lines of "just because you perceive it as so doesn't mean it is so." Which can be then applied to the current situation, "just because you perceive that Serisu sees a problem doesn't mean that it is so".

COME AT ME BRO

Well, if you're not gonna be part of the solution then step aside and let us solve the problem.

I'm putting out a call, I guess, for spriters who feel they can produce work on par with the quality of this project. I'm looking to assemble a crew of people who can age the FE7 cast while the other spriters work on the more custom graphics required for the project. Send me a PM if interested with some sample work and we'll take things from there.

Serisu's ideology: if he doesn't like it, then he's going to complain about it even despite a lack of adequate justification.

Completely. You've read me as an open book. One problem though--you've assumed I don't like it, and that I'm complaining, when I really don't care either way. If I did, I would have said so. Though that you can be impressed, I guess I can say I am glad for you.

EDIT: If doing a call-out, some folks at Spriters Resource might be interested. Check out their forums if you've the inclination.

Edited by Celice

EDIT: If doing a call-out, some folks at Spriters Resource might be interested. Check out their forums if you've the inclination.

[7:14:43 PM] Kiti: as a note

[7:14:54 PM] Kiti: there aren't very many FE fans at TSR

[7:15:18 PM] Kiti: and TSR doesn't do many requests, even the paid ones

I really don't feel like aging the FE7 cast is necessary. How much did the characters in FE10 age? or FE12? Barely at all. Only the younger ones, like Ike, Sothe, Tormod, and Rolf showed a noticeable difference. The same in FE12, with the main big changes happening to Marth, Gordin, Merric. But characters like Norne, Maria, and Est don't really change either.

Yeah, honestly, the characters who haven't already been given aged portraits really don't need them. Rebecca changed primarily because she needed new clothes to fit her new position - an archer in official service to Pherae wearing the same clothes she wore as, to put it bluntly, a country bumpkin? No.

Nino changed because she was very young. Puberty hit.

Lowen bulked up a little and grew some facial hair because THAT'S ALL THAT WOULD CHANGE.

I mean really, take a picture of someone who's 23. Look at a picture of them from when they were 20. They're going to look pretty damn similar. I know for me, the only way you can really tell is the background in the photo. I haven't done anything new with my hair in years. The only difference visible in any photo of me is background, pose, and clothes over the past few years.

Unless it's decided that characters who haven't been aged yet are getting a new wardrobe, leave them alone. 3 years is NOT that long.

Yeah, I'm not planning on aging/changing the entire cast. A few more characters might be getting tweaks to show some change over the past few years, especially the younger members of the cast, but overall most characters should stay relatively the same.

So yeah, I guess I'm revoking that call for spriters. Everything I need, after reviewing, has already been assigned to someone.

Yeah, I'm not planning on aging/changing the entire cast. A few more characters might be getting tweaks to show some change over the past few years, especially the younger members of the cast, but overall most characters should stay relatively the same.

So yeah, I guess I'm revoking that call for spriters. Everything I need, after reviewing, has already been assigned to someone.

And those who did need changing have already been handled. The only two I could see you changing now is Lyn and maybe Priscilla. But that's it really. Besides, I honestly don't know why this was such a big deal in the first place.

Edited by Taku

speaking of changing younger members, wasn't jaffar like 16 or so?

16 to 19 is a huge change for most people

He was 18 IIRC, but I figure he wouldn't change noticeably anyway because he's already a scarred-up orphan.

Jaffar looks like a matured adult to me, but I guess that's just my take. And 16->19 isn't a change for most people. Some people grow and change later than others, but I've known a lot of people who basically stopped growing at 14-15, myself included.

Jaffar looks like a matured adult to me, but I guess that's just my take. And 16->19 isn't a change for most people. Some people grow and change later than others, but I've known a lot of people who basically stopped growing at 14-15, myself included.

And I'm pretty sure Jaffar had his growth spurt early. I mean, 20% str growth. And if his base stats were those pre-puberty, I'm frakin skared. lol using stats to justify biology

Nope. Jaffar was ~19 in FE7. So he's ~22 in EN, odds are, if he's changed, it was minimal. of course, having the same outfit from three years ago is redundant if you're not a noble, hey arch, get one of your spriters to make jaffar a new outfit