Information topic (spoilers)

Goddammit, now it's getting to me. I wish I could play this, but I know for a fact that Macs are as of yet incapable of playing DS games (that is unless I've been barking up outdated software again). This just seems like too much fun!

Also, one thing I liked that I noticed is that the maps aren't so grimy dark looking. That is unless you guys have been adjusting brightness. Regardless, it's nice to see a map that doesn't look like it's always on permanent overcast weather.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Manual here:

fireemblem12vi2j0102184.png

The Dragons are very, very annoying. This actually might be a good place to use Wendel and Etzel, since they can take a hit, unlike pretty much or hte other Mages/Clerics. Merric's Excalibur is amazing here, since they normally take about three hits to kill.

EDIT: As far as I can tell they've just moved the default brightness up to where it should have been. I haven't touched it.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Whoa Whoa Whoa!

So Etzel is actually decent to use in this one? Nice. Hopefully Samto got a boost and his portrait isn't just Navarre with a headband.

I have to say though this Fire Emblem seems very good. Especially since it seems characters get a lot more characterization.

54 User(s) are reading this topic

I don't think I'm up to Lunatic mode, but I'll give maniac a try. Should be interesting, and I'm looking forward to the experience.

There's a Manual here:

fireemblem12vi2j0102184.png

I can't help but notice she has 10 RESISTANCE. Then 11 Def might have been blessage, but what the hell is that about? People have actual resistance this game?

The Dragons are very, very annoying. This actually might be a good place to use Wendel and Etzel, since they can take a hit, unlike pretty much or hte other Mages/Clerics. Merric's Excalibur is amazing here, since they normally take about three hits to kill.

Yes yes yes yes yes, Etzel party fun tiiiiime-

EDIT: As far as I can tell they've just moved the default brightness up to where it should have been. I haven't touched it.

Thank god. I don't mind some maps being overcast and dark, but they don't ALL have to be. Nice to have variety without having to raise and drop the sun manually in the options menu.

Goddammit, now it's getting to me. I wish I could play this, but I know for a fact that Macs are as of yet incapable of playing DS games (that is unless I've been barking up outdated software again). This just seems like too much fun!

Also, one thing I liked that I noticed is that the maps aren't so grimy dark looking. That is unless you guys have been adjusting brightness. Regardless, it's nice to see a map that doesn't look like it's always on permanent overcast weather.

You could try getting a Windows emulator, but I'm guessing that wouldn't fare too well with your hardware--your emulation would be slow as hell and probably crappy to boot. But, it's always something to try. I don't remember if I used to suggest WINE for Linux or Macs... wikipedia comes to the rescue though~

Sorry for my stubborness with this, but is Katarina playable or not then? Someone said she had a support with My Unit, which makes me believe she's playable.

Also, I would like to thank all you guys for keeping us informed of how the game develops and things like that.

I would like to help, but unfortunately I don't understand a thing in japanese so I won't be able to play the game well.

I forgot to mention some of the brigands in P-8 have Silver Axes as well, (for some odd reason the previous link showed the thief screenshot when it really was the brigand sceenshot I intended to show incase anyone saw that):

SX-FE12_30_29750.png?t=1279156979

Edited by Joey

Here's a Strength booster:

fireemblem12vi2j0139203.png

Apart from Mages, only My Unit has had any decent growth in Res. Sirius and Jake have a bit from their class.

Yes, Jake is a Warrior, period. He can use bows due to his C rank in both weapons though.

I have a feeling Catalina will join in either the next gaiden or the one after. Judging by the sorts of punctuation (... 's are everywhere) in her speech since she's been with Roro and Kuraine she doesn't want to be there.

I forgot to mention some of the brigands in P-8 have Silver Axes as well, (for some odd reason the previous link showed the thief screenshot when it really was the brigand sceenshot I intended to show incase anyone saw that):

They have them on Hard and Mania modes as well :/

I have a feeling Catalina will join in either the next gaiden or the one after. Judging by the sorts of punctuation (... 's are everywhere) in her speech since she's been with Roro and Kuraine she doesn't want to be there.

I wonder more about that Aine girl? She seems to be her twin or something, that portrait is very exact... :blink:

While only MyUnit and the mages might have the only significant res growth it is still there. I mean let's say Frey has a 15% growth in res(I'm making up this number) that is most certainly better than him have a 0% growth in his default class. I find this to be much better.

Thanks guys for keeping us informed! I don't have the methods to play this but I'm enjoying every bit of info I am reading about it.

Wow, not even past hte prologue, already busting out the silver. Can't wait to see when they bust out the forges.

I would say that you prbably would be wise to lure them out by making them use their hand axes, but sheesh...A bit tightly compacted with those archer pals.

Here's a Strength booster:

fireemblem12vi2j0139203.png

Ahhh, right next to Captain Kanagroo there. Wonderful.

Apart from Mages, only My Unit has had any decent growth in Res. Sirius and Jake have a bit from their class.

Noted.

I'm going mage. From the sounds of it, fuck going melee class.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP, DOLPH IS BACK!!!

I am buying this game. now!

Although sadly he seems like a pre-premote General now. Is he actually worth using?

Other impressions:

-Yay! they fixed the sidequests! The also seem to form their own subplot now. Wonder what the significance of it all is.

-WTF, Est in the prologue?! If she hog all the kills she might actually be worthwhile now.

-I like that Wolf and Sedgar are recruited from a late-game sidequest. That suits them better, I think.

Sooo many new characters, I can't even think who to use anymore. But it seems that this game improves on EVERYTHING that was wrong with Shadow Dragon (except sadly reclassing, but you can just not use it if you want) I am REALLY excited now.

Has anyone else found Cecil to be horribly lacking in durability? Going into chapter 1, she was tied with RYAN for worst defensive parameters all around. Lowest HP, DEF, and RES (admittedly, only Arran and Mage!MU have any RES) along with no 2 range option sorta sucks. Now, I'm playing Casual NM just to be safe (obviously gonna play harder once I get it in English or do more playthroughs) this first time, so she's still not in terrible shape, but being borderline 3HKOd when others are facing more like like 6HKOs is... not good. She was actually 2RKOd by quite a few combinations in P8, and left with like 3 HP from the others. She was practically useless there. In fact, all she did that entire chapter was grab the save point.

I've been playing for a while, and a couple of melee units (Luke My Unit and someone whose name escapes me) have actually gotten a decent amount of Res over a couple levels

Has anyone else found Cecil to be horribly lacking in durability? Going into chapter 1, she was tied with RYAN for worst defensive parameters all around. Lowest HP, DEF, and RES (admittedly, only Arran and Mage!MU have any RES) along with no 2 range option sorta sucks. Now, I'm playing Casual NM just to be safe (obviously gonna play harder once I get it in English or do more playthroughs) this first time, so she's still not in terrible shape, but being borderline 3HKOd when others are facing more like like 6HKOs is... not good. She was actually 2RKOd by quite a few combinations in P8, and left with like 3 HP from the others. She was practically useless there. In fact, all she did that entire chapter was grab the save point.

1. That's not exactly news, she's always been indurable. She starts average, and growths are sub-par. The main grab was that it was still enough to live on on top of her superb speed for her offense. However, with higher Str caps and stronger enemies, she might have to think things over.

2. I'm pretty sure she can turn into a pegasi, which I cant imagine why she wouldn't outside of swords actually being useful.

3. What happened to your javelins?