H3 (Lunatic) Tier List

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Merric could OHKO them unpromoted with the +2 magic shard in chapter 11. I remember the all the Wyverns except the boss having about 45 HP and 3 resistance in that chapter. I think they have 48HP/5RES in chapter 12.

Ill see with it. Arvilino is possibly right, but Ari posted they have the 5 Res in Chapter 11 as well, so we have a conflicting issue.

How mich Atk do Flying Dragons have as well? Just curious.

Ill see with it. Arvilino is possibly right, but Ari posted they have the 5 Res in Chapter 11 as well, so we have a conflicting issue.

How mich Atk do Flying Dragons have as well? Just curious.

Last I checked, not enough to kill base Elleraen if he switched to Dark Mage.

Cecile and Linde used to be so beastly... Wtf happened to them? :(

Lunatic Mode is like the cast of FE6 fighting through FE7, only FE7 enemies have stats like Part 4 FE10 enemies.

I'm at least going to note the units that start after Elleran | Merric in case one day we actually will tier them without calling it "Free Silvers". A note is that not everyone on my team will be doubling everything. You need some help in a few areas unless you're the speedy units like Caeda and Catria. I wouldn't call lack of doubling "disturbingly unacceptable", but they definitely wouldn't be very high on the Tier List.

Malice

Malice comes in at least usable, so to give her credit she's not terrible. Promotion + Speed Orb Shard gets her doubling Banditos in Chapter 11. So at least short term she's okay. I wouldn't doubt her being "bad" in long term use since she does have Swordmaster as her initial class. Salvageable, to say the least. Malice looks like she has a 0% Def growth; that could be rather worrisome.

Dice

Not much good about him. 14 Spd as a Berserker, 16 as a Hero. He can at least dodge the bullet of being doubled by Bandits as a Berserker, so his brute force is kept around. His Devil Axe nets him 34 Atk... and as a DracoKnight he keeps his C Axes. He gets doubled by Bandits though.

Horace

Reclassing to a DracoKnight prevents him from being doubled by Bandits. D Bows means he's at least got a chance to B in Bows as a Sniper. 6 Base Spd isn't all too bad, but definitely not something to jump for joy on. Silver Lances is also a nice perk as a DracoKnight. He could probably make Lower Mid, probably Low though. His growth palette looks solid though, so he might have a long term use. I'm going to express doubts though, at the moment.

So far, Malice looks okay. Dice probably is going to stay on the lower ends of the tier list. Horace looks like he has a marginal amount of use. More info to come later.

Past Ch 10 I'm mostly interested in Est, Tiki, and Xane. She has an amazing 70 STR, 60/55 SKL/SPD, and 20 DEF. She is -20 HP and +30 STR compared to Catria. Unfortunately she joins on Chapter 15 at level 4 unpromoted, meaning she will be a huge pain to level up. But if you do level her up she'll be Catria 2.0 - she caps STR, SKL, SPD, and LCK at 20/20 for every C class. She does not cap HP so I'm thinking toss +7 HP and +2 DEF on her and it won't go to waste, making her easier to level up as a Cavalier using the lady sword or something.

Tiki I'm not sure about. Honestly I never played FE3 past like Chapter 5, so every character and chapter is brand new to me. Her growths look good, but I'm not sure how she does with those dragon orbs and stuff. I know Bantu sucked ass though.

Xane I'm also not sure about. He had some disappointing drawbacks in FE:SD and I'm wondering if they changed him for the better.

Edited by mjemirzian

In a game where you need 30~ speed to just avoid being doubled, you're thinking that training Est to 20/20 is viable.

That's something else.

Edit: Also, no Warp in Lunatic means that Tiki has no other stones but Divine and Fire. I guess she could just use Divine the entire time, but...

Edited by Ninji

Even on Maniac the only stones worth using were Divine and Demon. You get a second Divine stone from Nagi anyway.

Although on second thoughts, I'm not sure trying to efficiently play a chapter would benefit from Demon Stone's lol tanking abilities in the final few chapters, considering her poor movement.

EDIT: I'm looking at maniac stats here, but base Nagi only just scrapes through a OHKO on Fire Dragons. I'm not sure you'd be able to level Chiki enough to match her on Lunatic.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Okay, to answer the question with the Chapter 11 Flying Dragons:

149p5z9.jpg

Looks like Merric can actually OHKO them after all. Total of 47 Atk is needed, Excalibur has 39 effective Mt, which means only 8 Mag is needed.

I still would consider fielding both perhaps. Etzel having full Mov in the desert is pretty nice and it's a staff user. Might be able to have Etzel + Merric team up, but not going to state much on that yet.

Edited by Colonel M

Last I checked, promoted Malice has 19 AS, and has the Roro chapter to work with along with arenas. Last I checked, I also noticed that bandits in chapter 11 have 15 AS (Or, I misread stats in one of Paperblade's videos). She can pack 26 might with a Lady Sword after promotion. Toss her Leo and Taurus, ORKO these guys.

EDIT: Or was it just the Leo orb she needed? Regardless, she has her ways. More ways than her daddy Dice, that's for sure.

EDIT 2: Wait a minute, Lady Sword has the same might as Silver and Master. She might as well just use Silver.

Edited by Etzel's Hips

Malice has 18 AS promoted, not 19.

Oh right. I forgot. Still working off the memory of the screenshot YOU sent me.

Whatever. She's got the Roro chapter and the arena to work something out before getting sealed.

Oh right. I forgot. Still working off the memory of the screenshot YOU sent me.

Whatever. She's got the Roro chapter and the arena to work something out before getting sealed.

You know the Roro chapter is done in the snap of two fingers right (aka two turns)? I guess if she finishes a Roro off she gets a level, but that doesn't guarantee her 19 Spd.

You know the Roro chapter is done in the snap of two fingers right (aka two turns)? I guess if she finishes a Roro off she gets a level, but that doesn't guarantee her 19 Spd.

Hmm...I suppose 2 arenas wouldn't either, unless she can pull something great off there.

You're pretty stripped for cash. You want a forged Dragonpike for the next chapter at the very least, and it can cost >4000 Gold.

Malice isn't doomed though. As I stated, she has initial Swordmaster playing to her advantage, and the +2 Spd shard is fine to put on her since you can optimize the class setups for this chapter (lower Spd-end units for Swordmaster, and they should have enough AS to double and the ones with 20 Spd can go DracoKnight or Sniper).

If a character can hit base 14 speed and base 23 combined defense/hp that character can claim 2 rounding from any non magic enemy on lunatic outside of medeus by endgame as a swordmaster. That gives you 51 total hp/defense and 27 speed. From what I've seen even the dragons only hit about 48-50 atk and since they strike defense (aside from the mage dragons)... you can rely on 23 hp/defense as a swordmaster. I've yet to see any normal enemy break 50 in any screenshot.

I think we are gonna appreciate hp more than defense since a character with high defense but low hp will not be able to survive a magic attack where as the high hp character will survive both the silver lance and the thoron tome. If I'm not mistakened though mages only tend to hit about 45 ATK max.

Just thought you guys might find this interesting.

Edited by Mr. Francis York Morgan

Dragon attack caps out at 45, since their weapons don't get forged and they can't break the 30 Strength cap. This also caps their hit at a manageable 125 which only Ice and Earth meet, but Earth auto-die to the Shield.

Edit: Keep in mind that most Sorcs around with Dragons either have siege tomes (not forged) or Glower (~160 hit, do about 40 damage ignoring Res)

Edited by Paperblade

Dragon attack caps out at 45, since their weapons don't get forged and they can't break the 30 Strength cap. This also caps their hit at a manageable 125 which only Ice and Earth meet, but Earth auto-die to the Shield.

Edit: Keep in mind that most Sorcs around with Dragons either have siege tomes (not forged) or Glower (~160 hit, do about 40 damage ignoring Res)

Must have been berzerkers then that I remember seeing with 48-50 ATK.

160 hit is pretty much unavoidable. Even Katua with max speed/max luck as a swordmaster and full supports up to B/A level can only hit 105 avoid.

Samto and Caesar are virtually the same growth-wise, right? Caesar has pretty much universally better bases, and he's not weighed down by Steel Swords, for whatever that's worth, and only comes a chapter later (can we even count 6x in Samto's favor, though?) and the growth differences are almost minimal. I really don't see a reason for Samto being higher than Caesar if the class sets are being merged.

Edited by Ninji