A Mostly Harmless Mafia

General Spoon

The annual meeting for The Hopeless is being held late at night in Garland's house. When he goes to the podium to make the annual speech about how one day The Hopeless will rise up and actually be useful, somebody in the crowd pulls out the rifle he somehow managed to conceal under his trenchcoat and shoots him through the heart, killing him.

You are Garland.

The first boss of the first Final Fantasy game, you are quite a pushover. You don't even try and kill the party, just knock them all down. You are much more capable in Dissidia though.

At night you may reply to your role PM with “Night x – Knock USER down” USER will be knocked to the ground, and will be so disoriented that he will be unable to post in the thread the following day. If he USER tries to post in the main thread anyways he will die of a massive headache. You cannot target the same USER twice in a row.

You are allied with The Hopeless. You win if The Hopeless win.

Somebody nearby the shooter quickly disarms him, and you advance on him, pestering him with questions. “Why'd you do that?” “You are ya?” “What you think you're doing?” The shooter, now under pressure from the angry mob, says “You Hopeless think you'll someday be useful, but you're wrong. The Luckless have greater prospects than you dolts, and we'll prove it by killing you all.” Shocked and horrified by his confession, one of you shoots him through the head.

You are Lee Harvey Oswald.

You are the man who assassinated President John F. Kennedy. Just about everybody hates your guts, and numerous conspiracy theories have popped up as a result of you action.

At night you may reply to your role PM with “Night x – Provide covering fire for USER” You will use the rifle that you used to kill JFK to fire shots around USER during the night, deterring anyone from performing any actions on USER that night. A killer will not be deterred however, and will finish the job. Additionally, you may not provide covering fire for yourself.

You are allied with The Luckless. You win if The Luckless win.

Looks like The Hopeless will have to eliminate The Luckless if they want to survive and be useful someday!

Player List

Hemlock

Dracohon Lightning

Kleine

Mikethfc

WoMC

The Departed

Darros-Day 1-Kidnapper

Raymond-Night 1-Inspector

Life Admiral-Day 1-Numbers Role

JB25-Lynched Day 2-Announcer

Levity-Night 2-Deadtalker

BK-201-Night 2-Bodyguard

Proto-Day 3-Mayor and mole

[spoiler=The Rules]1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it. I am human and can make mistakes, so don't be quick to assume that a typo automatically makes a player's role PM fake.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" or something similar in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). On that note, I will not tell you when a majority is reached. The game will start on Night 0, and no deaths will happen on night 0.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please follow the format given in your role PM for sending in orders, as it makes it easier for me to handle. If you're not going to do anything at night, reply to your role PM with "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game. If all night actions are received before the deadline, the night will end once I see that all actions are in.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. Do not use somebody's character claim as a basis for lynching. The process I went through was to first assign roles to the teams, then make a list of characters, and randomly assign those characters to the roles, and then make flavor for them.

8. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

9. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal.

10. Death may not be the end of this game. Be careful.

11. If there is a conflict between the rules and your role PM, your role PM takes precedence. For example, if the rules say that you cannot claim Barack Obama, but your role PM says that you can claim Barack Obama, then you can claim Barack Obama.

12. There is no dumbshit fool or similar crap in this game.

13. You may not invite players into your role PM conversation. To do so will result in you being godkilled and automatically losing regardless of if your team goes on to win the game.

14. If you hold private conversations or communicate using IRC, you MUST invite me into the conversation or give me the logs. This makes for a more interesting postgame, and my knowledge of these things may or may not affect roles in the game.

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like the Cop/Investigator to investigate me tonight and then contact me in the morning. Please and thank you. Remember that PMs are allowed in this game.

How long is day? *shotshotshot*

It dont help that the changes are in the middle of the night for me. :|

You slept restlessly last night. After all, the president of your club had been murdered right before your eyes, and a shady group had declared open war on you. You eventually worry yourself to sleep, and before you know it, the morning has arrived. Pulling yourself out of bed, you go downstairs to eat breakfast. Some of your associates are already in Garland's kitchen eating scrambled eggs, and you put some onto a plate and begin to eat as well after sitting down at the table.

While eating your breakfast, you grab the newspaper and read the news. Garland, being a well-respected member of the community, has his murder on the front page. The death of Lee Harvey Oswald is also mentioned, as is the fight between The Hopeless and the shadowy Luckless.

Finished eating, you go to help clean up. When the dishes are done it dawns on you that somebody seems to be missing. A quick headcount reveals that Levity is nowhere to be found. You search her room, but find no signs of a struggle. You can only conclude that she is alive somewhere, but that communication between you and her is impossible. Hopefully she'll be found soon.

---

Night results are out. You can start lynching now. Also, no talking to Levity.

Well, it's essentially just a silencer, right? Nothing out of the ordinary for the mafia to have.

With that being said, ##Vote JB25.

EDIT: Unbold

Edited by Raymond

No ones done anything really yet, so...

##Vote No Lynch

All hail Darros!

Edited by Darros