A Mostly Harmless Mafia

General Spoon

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah. If you are holding private conversations and don't invite me to them (and the private conversation is important, or even if you think its not so important), you can expect to have shit written about you in the postgame to the effect of "such and such was an idiot because he didn't tell such and such stuff".

Ok, let's get this straight.

I'd like every single person to claim to me in private. Every single one. I asked the Cop last night to search me and then PM me in the morning with my Role PM and that happened. So I have been cleared by the Cop.

As a result, I'm going to dictate the lynches from now on. And I need you guys to trust me (all other 8 of you townies).

Not gonna happen. This whole deal has something fishy about it.

First of all, how do we know that you're not simply mafia unless the cop claims in public and confirms what you said? If there's a doctor, having the cop claim openly should be no problem.

Second, even if you're town, did you ever consider the possibility that your request might actually cause stalkers instead of cops to claim to you?

Well I'm kind of agreeing to both of you. Life Admiral could be helfpul, but it takes away from the game to have a dictator. Its like playing Nazis -_-

But then again it could easily help us with lynches.

But on the other hand... it is a little fishy, and you will get stalked. The cop could just claim in public.

Posting my mind ftw! :)

All hail Darros!

Oh yeah. If you are holding private conversations and don't invite me to them (and the private conversation is important, or even if you think its not so important), you can expect to have shit written about you in the postgame to the effect of "such and such was an idiot because he didn't tell such and such stuff".

Just posting this again, because I know from experience that you guys will either:

1. Not see it the first two fucking times

2. Forget about it if I don't drill and/or pound it into your skulls

EDIT: I also updated the player list to reflect Levity's status.

Edited by General Spoon

Not gonna happen. This whole deal has something fishy about it.

First of all, how do we know that you're not simply mafia unless the cop claims in public and confirms what you said? If there's a doctor, having the cop claim openly should be no problem.

Second, even if you're town, did you ever consider the possibility that your request might actually cause stalkers instead of cops to claim to you?

Cop shouldn't openly claim if the Doc gets killed or kidnapped like Bizz was. But I've already had a couple of people to claim to me with pretty reliable role PMs. Would you like to be our first casualty, Mr. Luckless?

Ok, let's get this straight.

I'd like every single person to claim to me in private. Every single one. I asked the Cop last night to search me and then PM me in the morning with my Role PM and that happened. So I have been cleared by the Cop.

As a result, I'm going to dictate the lynches from now on. And I need you guys to trust me (all other 8 of you townies).

Big question though: Why should we trust you?

First of all, you might be Mafia. The Cop may have investigated you, but he wouldn't expose himself if he knew you were scum. You probably have no role and so you want the Cop to roleclaim so that the Mafia can kill the Cop while you die. Or, if the Cop doesn't expose himself, you'll convince us that this means that you're cleared by the Cop and would want all of us to roleclaim to you. Which is exactly what you seem to be trying to do.

Now, I'm not actually pointing fingers at you or anything. There's a perfectly good chance that you're Town. What I don't get is why we should trust you. Even assuming that you're a Townie, how can we know that you'll be able to guide us and lynch the right people? Does your ability somehow allow you to sniff out the Mafia while they roleclaim to you? Are you a Lie Detector (I've seen this role in other games)? Even then, what's stopping the Mafia from killing you and ending your life? Or are you gonna tell the Doctor to protect you so that the Mafia can freely pick off other Townies, while the Doc is preoccupied with you? Let's not forget the possibility that you might still be Mafia and it would spell doom for us if we were to all roleclaim to you.

Give me a solid good reason to roleclaim to you and I'll do it. But saying "I told the Cop to investigate me last night, so you can assume that I'm innocent" is simply not enough.

Cop shouldn't openly claim if the Doc gets killed or kidnapped like Bizz was. But I've already had a couple of people to claim to me with pretty reliable role PMs. Would you like to be our first casualty, Mr. Luckless?

Well, then how are you going to prove your words? Any random mafioso could claim what you said; only the cop can prove otherwise.

Are you seriously considering lynching me just because I'm staying reasonable and refusing to claim to someone who just goes "lol everyone, claim to me or you're auto-mafia, and no, I don't have anything to prove I'm actually town, you'll just have to trust me"? If so, good luck with that.

This is too fishy, Life Admiral.

Unvote No Lynch

##Vote: Life Admiral

I'm not claiming to Life because his way of gaining trust is just as valid as anyone else getting an investigation to prove themselves innocent. However, there still is a chance he's town, and something like this isn't fishy at all. I don't think we should just jump ahead to conclusions. We have to hear him out before lynching him.

I'm not claiming to Life because his way of gaining trust is just as valid as anyone else getting an investigation to prove themselves innocent. However, there still is a chance he's town, and something like this isn't fishy at all. I don't think we should just jump ahead to conclusions. We have to hear him out before lynching him.

Still, LifeAdmiral is a really good player and I find it strange why he would think that he is capable of bagging all the Mafia so easily and why he would expect the Townies to actually agree to his plan. But yeah, I wanna hear what he has to say first.

Time stops for a moment as Darros realizes what he's just said. "Oh shit," he mutters, knowing what's about to come. A man of the sea emerges from your group and chops Darros into little pieces, killing him. His role PM was found on top of the pile of body parts.

You are a blue Pikmin.

You are one of the small creatures called Pikmin that inhabit a strange alien planet. Your particular variant of Pikmin have gills, and as such, cannot drown in water.

At night you may reply to your role PM with “Night x – Drag USER” You will call on the aid of your Pikmin buddies and will drag USER all the way to your Onion, which he will be trapped in for the following day and night, and will only be released at the end of the night after he was trapped there. While trapped inside the Onion USER may not post in the thread or communicate by PM or IRC. If USER communicates anyways the Onion will convert him into blue Pikmin, killing him. Additionally, while trapped in the Onion, USER may not use any abilities, or be the target of the lynch or any abilities.

Your allies are listed in a separate PM.

You are allied with The Luckless. You win if The Luckless win.

You try and find the man of the sea to question him, but he has already blended back into the crowd. You wonder what could have provoked this outburst, then realize that he's killed an enemy of yours, and decide to think nothing of it.

Edited by General Spoon

Wow, I am so lost at this point. But in any case...

##Vote: Raymond

Is there a reason why you're scared to divulge your Role PM? Is it truly because you think I'm leading the rest of the town to their doom or are you just not able to fake a believable one well?