Best/Worst in the Series: Round 58

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, no, no...I mean, Rolf has BEXP to pump himself up with BEXP, forges, and not to mention, easy, fast-paced supports. Wolt has non of that. He manages to contribute as an unnecesary chipper forever. Even in Ilia, with a Silver Bow, he only manages to 3RKO FalcoKnights without doubling. And of course, this comparison is being made in both of their HMs. Rolf just has it going much easier for him.

Silver Bow has 39mt. Falcoknights have 42-44HP and 9-10DEF, so Wolt only needs around 13 or 14STR to OHKO. Less if he has a support. That's only about 16/1.

It's really a moot point. You can't buy Silver Bows in Ilia until you reach Edessa.

Not that Rolf is very good. Even though he can take BEXP and he can take forges, generally the payoff isn't worth it since he doesn't grow into a useful unit. Even if he has more resources available, it's pointless since he can't afford them. We can bolster Wolt by giving him additional kills if you want to give Rolf BEXP.

Well, maybe he might get a few earlygame LOLdiers, which he is borderline on doubling. They have an overall similiar start. Neither seems to be worse. It's getting them out of that hole that might need to be judged.

uh, what? Soldiers have 0AS mostly. Some go up to 2AS, so he only needs to proc speed once in order to double Soldiers forever.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

uh, what? Soldiers have 0AS mostly. Some go up to 2AS, so he only needs to proc speed once in order to double Soldiers forever.

It's a weird varation. The first LOLdiers he encounters may have 2 AS.

I know about the sahde thing, but unlike Carlyle's/Joshua's clothes, Innes' 2 shades of greens look like green to me. Plus his battle sprite's also looks more green than gray. Yeah, I know the game's easy and no, no FE character is worthless, just less useful or less powerful. Averages are averages, they're just numbers, but when it comes down to units at same level, isn't the unit with more damage, more accuracy (not that it helps much), more avoid, and more resistance, better than an unit with 3 more HP/Def. And yes I know Gerik's better a hero (I always make him that), I was just showing that even an unpromoted Level 10 bow-accessible unit (on his same chapter eirika mode) is better and more useful than him. Add his snarky attitude, and I like Innes less. I don't mind if you love him and have an altar of him on your room, but I don't like him and for the purpose of this poll (best/worst green haired archers/snipers/marksmen) I consider him the worst on the games I've played (which excludes 1-3 and 12). YMMV

Also does Midir/Midayle count for this poll?

Actually, when you put him next to, say, Gerik, it looks pretty damn grey to me.

The thing is, when you have a full team, your characters are not going to be overleveled all over the place like in my themed runs. Innes can be useful right off the bat, has the decency to come with a free Silver bow to oneshot things with, and is good to use right from the get-go. Other characters take up resources (not saying don't use Gerik. Gerik is definitely worth that damn crest), and requires times to train, in which they can either get blessed or screwed. That Orion's Bolt for promotion could be sold for 5k, which buys 12 Javelins for somebody else, such as Seth or Franz or Ephraim or a flier.

The personality point, though. I understand. But combat-wise, he's certainly better than most green-haired archers out there just because training said archers to his level is such a pain.

I hope Midir counts. I put an alternative just in case he doesn't, but he easily wins best for me.

Best: FE10 Rolf. I play really defensively so it's not that hard to train him as my main sniper for part 3 since there's plenty of experience on offer and it's pretty handy to have two marksmen for different teams in part 4.

Worst: FE11 Gordin. Slow start with lackluster bases and average growths.

Actually, when you put him next to, say, Gerik, it looks pretty damn grey to me.

The thing is, when you have a full team, your characters are not going to be overleveled all over the place like in my themed runs. Innes can be useful right off the bat, has the decency to come with a free Silver bow to oneshot things with, and is good to use right from the get-go. Other characters take up resources (not saying don't use Gerik. Gerik is definitely worth that damn crest), and requires times to train, in which they can either get blessed or screwed. That Orion's Bolt for promotion could be sold for 5k, which buys 12 Javelins for somebody else, such as Seth or Franz or Ephraim or a flier.

The personality point, though. I understand. But combat-wise, he's certainly better than most green-haired archers out there just because training said archers to his level is such a pain.

I hope Midir counts. I put an alternative just in case he doesn't, but he easily wins best for me.

It's a dark shade of green tending to gray (but it's not gray green though). For this poll, it might count, but Midir needs a title change.

Innes can be useful, but comes on a midgame where everyone you want to use should be more powerful/trained than him and he has less levels to improve. I understand your point that green-hairs like Gordin and Thomas are a little worse overall than him, since they are as average as him but need the babying, but what makes me choose him as worst is both personality and stat dullness. He'd be in the middle here if personality doesn't count, and then FE11Gordin takes my vote.

In artistic shading, purple is often used as a darker shade of skin tone.

As the hair doesn't have any major highlights, the lightest shade/base color should be what counts.

Well, depends. If you're depending on Valni use, then probably. But if you're not and are distributing exp evenly, then probably not. Valni use makes the game from easy to cheap, so I never take it into account. FE8 C1-9 has just enough exp to get a level 1 lord and a level 5 myrm to level 20, and a bit more, but not by much. And that's two characters versus how many more you have on a full team.

And it also depends on the route. Innes Eir route > Innes Eph route.

Wolt was my vote before I was reminded of New Mystery.

I don't have the heart to vote for FE3DS. :/

Well, I did for Catria but that's because she's special and I wanted her to win.

Best: FE7's Rebecca takes that cake for sure... Honorable mentions to FE6's Wolt cause he just managed to cap STR + SKL + SPD... WTF Wolt...

Worst: FE11 Gordin... Gaggles was screwed a lot!

Reading the first post can be helpful sometimes, isn't it?

Well sorry for thinking that perhaps an ARCHER Knight who fulfills the archetype in every other way imaginable (green hair, permament bow lock, etc) might fit the bill. I guess I am just reaching too far!

Not like FE4 has a comparable alternative anyway. It's pretty silly to limit your choices to like 4 people (in a top 3) because they're the only green-haired archers.

Besides, how is it less of a stretch to consider Midir an archer by trade than it is to consider Innes' hair green?

Edited by Silvercrow

I'm surprised at how overlooked FE11 Tomas is. He comes in late underleveled but still overleveled for his stats, which are about on par with a level 3 archer.

He makes Wolt, Gordin, Rebecca, and Rolf look like great units, and Ryan look like a Saint.

Edited by Maria's bro