Avatar's Gender != Member's Gender

Randoman

Have you ever been tricked into thinking a guy was a girl because they have a female avatar or vice versa?

Back then, it happened to me quite a bit, but not so much anymore, especially now that I'm a member of SF. This place must have over half of their members using opposite gender avatars or something, so it helped me catch on really quickly.

I don't mean any offense to you members that do use opposite gender avatars. I'm actually planning on using this insanely cute anime girl avatar for December.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how many use their favourite character as their avatar...it's not surprising. Lots of men like female characters, and there are some females like Lumi who is a self-proclaimed pervert (though really doesn't seem like one) and totally in love with Seth.

It's bound to happen.

(watching Glee does NOT make you gay, contrary to popular belief)?

I demand a study to confirm this insane notion. Otherwise you're just spewing bullshit.

True fact: I wouldn't even know who Sue Silvester is if it weren't for that Actress' appearance on SNL.

Hehe, I used to be tricked by it. Not only by the gender, but basically appearance of the avatar. But that was just me imagining them on purpose for what their avatars showed. :awesome:

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So let me get this straight:

Being a male and using a male avatar on SF = Being a male and using a female avatar on any other forum

That would've been nice to know before I joined. Of course, I don't have many female sigs besides these, and I don't really think they're that great (here they are anyways):

Signature51.jpg?t=1286943079

(I plan on using this one for December)

Signature21.jpg?t=1286943300

(I don't think this one really counts, but I'll post it in case it does)

Signature23.jpg?t=1286943335

Signature56.jpg?t=1286943419

Signature9.jpg?t=1286943394

Signature53.jpg?t=1286943032

I always used to have that, always thinking people were female when using a female avatar.

'cause, isn't an avatar supposed to represent you? you have your signature for showing off your favorite chars already.

so yeah, I'm kind of fixed on using a male avatar.

Favorite character. Honestly, it seems like they added the gender thing to avoid this. But it doesn't stop it from happening.

'Bro' is in my name and I got called Maria. :mellow: *cough Iris cough* - jk.

Edited by Maria's bro

I always used to have that, always thinking people were female when using a female avatar.

'cause, isn't an avatar supposed to represent you? you have your signature for showing off your favorite chars already.

so yeah, I'm kind of fixed on using a male avatar.

I'm totally a nuclear explosion. And let me tell you how hard it is to type on a computer without frying the electronics or simply destroying the computer.

On another board I used to frequent, I had a male avatar (because there is NO WAY I'm gonna look at a girl all day). On this one. . .haven't found one cool enough yet.

I seriously used to think that Lux, Emerald, and Shuuda were female. And Narga too, for some reason, even though he never had a female avatar as far as I remember.

Also, it could work the other way around too. A female with a male avatar. I used to think Hatari!!! was a guy.