Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hindsight I could've done it better, since it was a Fog of War I just went to the forest tile on the left right outside the gate out of instinct and worked my way counter-clockwise which unfortunately meant I attracted every single enemy before finding the boss. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Ew. Johan has screwed up palette for his battle sprite as an ally.

The house next to steel weapon vendor has weird dialogue, pretty hard to make out.

Edited by Ubel Engel

Do old saves work? (I'll probably end up restarting anyways, but...)

EDIT: Oh, woah, definitely worth restarting for.

Forgot to mention that, old saves don't work since the early chapters got many changes (and as you saw, there is a new prologue)

Well, just started this.

The mageknight boss critical and killed Lewyn. The first time he ever got to fight.

/cry

I HATE ADULT MODE.

Edit: There we go.

The prologue is the same in both difficulties. :P:

Woah I'm actually kind of excited lol I wonder if it uses localized names

Btw, the date in the subtitle says "2/3/2013", but that may confuse some people because often times they read it as MM/DD/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY. Perhaps either changing it or just typing it out as "March" would be better? Just a friendly suggestion, you don't have to do anything XD

*downloads patch*

Ok, changed it for clarity. And yes, it does use the localized names.

What was the unlock for 1x anyway?

Conversations between Seliph and the paladin?

Yes. A previous version had the unlock be to play on Adults mode, but I changed it at the end.

how many chapters does this have?

15 in total.

Btw, is the mage placement in chapter 3 (enemy) intended? He's just standing on cliff. ._.

Oops, thought I had fixed that. It'll be fixed in the next patch.

Is it me or did 1x feel really luck based? The guys with Jormungand weren't fun to deal with even with standing on a forest tile + Barrier Sword, and I used like 5 Vulneraries because I was unlucky to have most of those 50s and 30s hit me.

Yeah, that chapter can be quite hard if you wander around.

Ew. Johan has screwed up palette for his battle sprite as an ally.

The house next to steel weapon vendor has weird dialogue, pretty hard to make out.

As an ally or NPC? I just checked his palette as an ally and it was fine for me.

And yeah, forgot to insert the text of that house. Will be fixed in the next version.

Funny, I was just thinking "when will he release is freekin' hack?" when I saw it was updated. Love the chapter 1x being a shout out to the Fuyuki manga.

Hey! This is a really fun hack. It gives me a chance to play an FE that I normally couldn't~

But, uh, I've come across a pretty bad glitch in Chapter 1. If you visit the lone house to the south of the castle that you start at, the game map will go crazy once the dialogue in the house is finished.

So, yeah. Just giving you guys the heads up!

Thanks.

Not sure if this concerns you, but if you let the class roll play, it gets to thief after 10 or so, which is a sliced up mage that crashes the game. I reloaded the rom, music didn't work. Reloaded again, game runs fine.<div><span style="font-size: 9pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 9pt;">EDIT: Yeah, Johan's (NPC, not past ch 4 yet) palette is screwed.</span>

</div>

Edited by deranger

But, uh, I've come across a pretty bad glitch in Chapter 1. If you visit the lone house to the south of the castle that you start at, the game map will go crazy once the dialogue in the house is finished.

Not sure if this concerns you, but if you let the class roll play, it gets to thief after 10 or so, which is a sliced up mage that crashes the game. I reloaded the rom, music didn't work. Reloaded again, game runs fine.

Oops.

I'll try to get a bugfix patch out tomorrow, so leave any input you have here (not only has to be a bug or a glitch, may be about difficulty, what you think of the units you used, etc) and I'll read it tomorrow.

Edited by Krad

Despite playing all of the previous patch and only being on Chapter 3 right now, I already have a bit of character input. Having Johalva, Othin, and Halvan is a bit excessive, and maybe changing one to a pirate might make them stand out? Abilities are out of the question, so I don't really see how to differentiate them.

I swear if I get to 4x and find out that one of them already changed class I will feel like the biggest idiot.

Edited by Shugey

Small graphical error: in the Prep screen for Chapter 2, the little bar above where it says "Defeat Enemy" says Chapter 1. Not sure if 1x does the same thing, but Chapter 3 doesn't.

Excited to be playing this! Just one suggestion (I've only just started the game), but perhaps use the beta Eliwood w/ Durandal for Sigurd w/ Tyrfing? The smaller sword fits Tyrfing better, methinks (and it'll differentiate from Eliwood since the animation wasn't used in the actual game).

Nice work, definitely. The prologue chapter is a pretty cool introduction.

EDIT: Couple hours later just hacked it in myself.

2bfu3.png

#hackingahack

Edited by Archiblad

I finished chapter 1 on Adult mode, and just want to say that this is easily the best playing FE hack so far, even based on what little I've seen of it. You have an amazing skill at creating interesting situations even with very few units at your disposal. I'm having more fun than I did with Shin's version of FE4, which was itself a huge improvement over the original game.

[11:53:25 PM] Jakeamoe: Ohman FE4ever BROKE

[11:53:27 PM] Jakeamoe: SO HARD

[11:53:55 PM] Thor Odinson: :B

[11:54:09 PM] Jakeamoe: http://puu.sh/2bhqA

http://puu.sh/2bhqH

http://puu.sh/2bhqO

http://puu.sh/2bhrp

[11:54:43 PM] Matt Chung: damnit

[11:54:46 PM] Jakeamoe: http://puu.sh/2bhse

And now I'm on a whole nother map.

[11:54:52 PM] Jakeamoe: Can't move it

[11:55:01 PM] Jakeamoe: Water tiles aren't moving

[11:55:03 PM] Matt Chung: lol

[11:56:00 PM] Jakeamoe: Lana just moved tiles after I went to her status screen

[11:56:42 PM] Matt Chung: why is that happening anyway

[11:56:48 PM] Jakeamoe: I visited a hosue

[11:56:53 PM] Jakeamoe: And it told me about the weapon triange

So uh...yeah. That happened. I didn't even learn anything 'cuz I already know about the weapon triangle :(:.

Edited by Archiblad

#hackingahack

Hackception

Woah, Krad is alive! This is pretty cool, I like to see people actually progressing with there hacks. Good luck with the rest of the project!

Patch v2.1

Fixed most of the things mentioned here, with the exception of Johan NPC's palette, the Class Roll, and Nanna having all S ranks (since I couldn't replicate it).

Your v2.0 savefile should be compatible with this version, but I would recommend restarting whatever chapter you were in (for safety measures).

Edited by Krad

Looks nice, but I'm not really too big on FE4/5's spriting style(even less with how they clash with the GBA palettes that are everywhere else). I'd recommend looking up the people who sprited for FE4 Advance(Vamp, Dei, Anon, etc) and getting permission to use their GBA portraits, then finding someone to fill in the remainder.

But that's just my opinion. So meh.

Personally, I like how he's handling the portraits. He doesn't have to worry about accuracy, re-creating them, getting permission, waiting on people to make the portraits, or anything else. He can just work on the hack and focus on that. And it's much better that way IMO

Looks nice, but I'm not really too big on FE4/5's spriting style(even less with how they clash with the GBA palettes that are everywhere else). I'd recommend looking up the people who sprited for FE4 Advance(Vamp, Dei, Anon, etc) and getting permission to use their GBA portraits, then finding someone to fill in the remainder.

But that's just my opinion. So meh.

I think Blazer and dondon summed it up very nicely. It gives me a lot more freedom and it gives it a unique style. I do agree on the point that they sort of clash with the other game assets regarding colors, and it's in my future plans to change those colors so things blend in better.

Also I don't think I'll have much free time during this week, but if needed I'll push another bugfix patch during the week (which will most likely include palette fixes and some silly things I caught myself). I'll also try to start working on the maps for the next few chapters so the next release doesn't take two more years (see you in 2015!).

Edited by Krad