Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

Mental Note:LTC of FeForever will result in a pain in the ass time later on.

<div><br></div><div>What is hidden on a cliff in ch6? Is it something completely worth the hassle?</div>

Edited by Inspector Clouseau

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Seliph's personal weapon.

Now it's not good enough, ever when use against knight.

Seliph's signature weapon should be weapon he inherits from Sigurd ,50 cri Hero Sword Sigurd's Silver Sword.

Maybe change it to be a Silver Sword in disguise? (E-rank, silver sword stat, 50 uses, 50 cri, Seliph only, no cavalier/armored effective)

<div><br></div><div>What is hidden on a cliff in ch6? Is it something completely worth the hassle?</div>

You means houses on the cliff?

North house is locked but you will get Star Sword and 10,000 gold if visit with Patty.

Star Sword is very powerful, 13 Mt, 1-2 range, +2 all stats

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

I think he means the generic Mage Knight right outside the castle.

Anyway I've found a peculiar glitch in chapter 1. It happened when Syn attacked Ulster, placed in a forest. Ulster killed him with a critical. This triggered the reinforcements to appear, but for some odd reason, Sif moved himself right where Syn died, which I know shouldn't happen. I can notice this only after the enemies continue attacking, which is after Oifey's pep speech.

i had this glitch early on in this post http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2072020

i never really figured out what did it

Edited by Formidatus

Finished Adult Mode.

The stats are ridiculously high later on.

Opinions on units

Seliph-Needs higher bases, he falls off a bit if we go a bit faster. Kind of fails to do significant damage later on.

Oifaye-Boss, takes the rings to last longer.

Delmud-A good unit to put exp into. Mine probobly ended up a bit defense blessed. He took the speed ring.

Lester- Pretty good, he doubles and almost ORKOs at base. Decent at promotion.

Larcei- Nice early on, a little underwhelming for me since Shanan and Eyvel pop up.

Ulster- Grows well, grows bulky. And promotion+axes+high speed are nice.

Lana-Exp rate is high.

Ares-Whoa what a good unit.

Julia-Meh, but thanibombing is nice.

Arthur-promotes into a really powerful unit.

Fee- >_> Nice but her strength is piss poor.

Patty-Meh, can theives promote? utility.

Shanan-good at base, then balmunk pops up later on.

Salem-Joins later in that chapter and isn't that useful next chapter.

Asvel-Doubles and is decent.

Leif-Better than Seliph

Eyvel-Whoohoo. Returns at a decent time.

Orsin- Great potential with high speed and axes.

Halvan-Could be decent. Both him and Orsin can gain alot of levels with da hammer

Finn-Hi there rape-ass.

Lifis-Better than Patty, and still pretty good.

Glade-Nice filler.

Danstil-Meh, needed in his first chapter and then falls off.

Ced-What a bro. Psychic

ch6 has infinite Blue Gems. DUnno if it's a bug.

Edited by Inspector Clouseau

What is hidden on a cliff in ch6? Is it something completely worth the hassle?

A Master Seal.

About Seliph's personal weapon.

Now it's not good enough, ever when use against knight.

Seliph's signature weapon should be weapon he inherits from Sigurd ,50 cri Hero Sword Sigurd's Silver Sword.

Maybe change it to be a Silver Sword in disguise? (E-rank, silver sword stat, 50 uses, 50 cri, Seliph only, no cavalier/armored effective)

Maybe, will see what I can do.

Patty-Meh, can theives promote? utility.

Not in this version. You'll get a promotion item for them in Chapter 11.

Eyvel-Whoohoo. Returns at a decent time.

Not meant to return yet. Will come back a bit later.

ch6 has infinite Blue Gems. DUnno if it's a bug.

sharpoon says that the blue gem house in chapter 6 can be visited infinitely

Oops.

earlier you mentioned there is a hidden hero ax somewhere in i think it was c4, could you tell us/me were it is or give us a hint please?

Think back to how Lex got his in FE4. It's something similar.

what exactly is inside the locked house in chapter 6? I killed off the thief and had thany try to visit. i'm assuming i need a thief to open it but i didnt deploy one. i think i can live without it since i went through kid mode without it.

what exactly is inside the locked house in chapter 6? I killed off the thief and had thany try to visit. i'm assuming i need a thief to open it but i didnt deploy one. i think i can live without it since i went through kid mode without it.

North house is locked but you will get Star Sword and 10,000 gold if visit with Patty.

Star Sword is very powerful, 13 Mt, 1-2 range, +2 all stats

Im on the FoW snow level and i think i want to restart... what is the main difference in kids and adults modes? I tried doing adult and kept getting my ass thrashed bad before oifay showed up in chapter one. So i restarted on kids mode and had the same problem, i just pressed on through it though.

Im noticing that im using characters for no reason like Larcei ... i didnt touch shannon until i got that sword then i figured the exp i put in larcei was wasted.

patty to the locked door and hero axe... def missed those.

I freaking love this hack though, i never got passed gen 1 in FE4 because my droid with gamesaves was stolen a good six months ago. im wanting to try it out again now...

as far as exclusive items go which characters should i be using? Is Isht(a/o)r recruitable?

throw me a bone someone ... im lazy :P

Im on the FoW snow level and i think i want to restart... what is the main difference in kids and adults modes? I tried doing adult and kept getting my ass thrashed bad before oifay showed up in chapter one. So i restarted on kids mode and had the same problem, i just pressed on through it though.

Most of it is more enemies/reinforcements and some are different between modes. There's also some other differences other than enemies.

as far as exclusive items go which characters should i be using? Is Isht(a/o)r recruitable?

throw me a bone someone ... im lazy :P

There's nothing (really important) left that is specific to a single character.

If you want something that is easily missable, deploy a strong bow unit in Chapter 7, give them a longbow (gotten in that same chapter) and watch the map carefully...

And no, neither Ishtar or Ishtor is recruitable.

Are you planning on making another patch with the subs?

I'll call it Fire Emblem FIVE-ever.

Fun fact: Adults mode was originally going to be called 5ever.

Edited by Krad

And here it is.

14cw5qe.png

v2.2 download!

Changelog from v2.1

• Fixed some name errors (Seliph/Celice, Ced/Sety, etc)
  • Changed names to their new localized versions (Eltshan/Eldigan, Trabant/Travant, etc)
  • Fixed text boxes switching in the Leif/Glade conversation in Chapter 6
  • The "world map" text in many chapters should no longer crash the game if skipped (since it can't be skipped anymore)
  • Fixed Syn's enemy palette and Johan's NPC palette
  • Lowered the difficulty of Chapter 1 and Chapter 1x by changing enemy AI and changing enemy weapons to weaker ones
  • Fixed Sif's spawn point in Chapter 1. He will now appear the Player Phase after you kill Syn
  • Delmud's portrait has been updated
  • The shaman from chapter 7x has a new portrait
  • Bow Knights get C swords upon promotiong
  • Mage Knights now have 8 move
  • Fighters now move 2 tiles in desert
  • Replaced the Arch Knight's previous description
  • Added a hint on getting the Hero Axe in Chapter 4
  • Salem now moves towards the player in Chapter 5
  • The house that gived a Blue Gem in Chapter 6 should now give only one
  • Ishtar's AI has been changed
  • Eyvel should no longer be deployable in Chapter 10
  • The "One Year Later" CG in Chapter 10 should no longer appear
  • IMPORTANT: Ares, Faval and Ced now can properly use their holy weapons (please read below)

About the holy weapons

This really sucks and I just noticed it while fixing other stuff. In the previous release, I forgot to make Ares, Faval and Ced able to use their holy weapons. While I have fixed this in v2.2, people who were played the previous version won't be able to use them (since I can't modify character data after a unit is recruited).

If you have a savefile before or at Chapter 6, as long as you restart that chapter, you shouldn't have any problems. For those who no longer have a save at that chapter, I'm really sorry for not noticing this before.

This is all really important if you plan to use the same savefile in v3.0. If you plan on restaring again on that version, then don't worry about this.

Your saves from v2.0 and v2.1 should be compatible with this version, but for safety measures, you should restart the chapter you were in. And as mentioned before, if you have a savefile from before or at Chapter 6, please use that instead so you can keep using it once v3.0 is released.

Edited by Krad

Aren't we going to need to start over anyway once supports exist?

EDIT: Uh oh. Macs can't support the latest patch's file type. Or at least, I don't think they can.

Edited by Shugey

Aren't we going to need to start over anyway once supports exist?

Yes, but supports aren't really likely to be in v3.0 (unless someone else wants to write them). Right now this seems like a much bigger issue, and I'm trying to think of other solutions so people aren't forced to start again.

EDIT: Uh oh. Macs can't support the latest patch's file type. Or at least, I don't think they can.

Oops, accidentally made it a .7z instead of a .zip file. Fixed.

Edited by Krad

you can get more than one holy weapon O_o

I thought mistolin was the only one we're given.

There's also the Balmung in 7x (and the ones in the Prologue, but those don't really count).

"Before chapter 6" save files read "chapter 6:..." right?

Keep up the good work.

Any save file from a chapter before chapter 6 (or one from chapter 6 assuming you restart the chapter) will work and be comaptible with future versions.

Edited by Krad