Easy Mode Tier List

Assuming they're in third tier, sure. Otherwise, you're gonna have to work for it.

You should probably play Easy Mode before you start arguing about its difficulty, because you're severely underestimating how strong the DB is. Even on Hard Mode with 0% growths, I think Dondon beat it in 4 turns. In Easy Mode, your whole team will probably be third tier, and you only need 1 or 2 turns to beat Ike.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th Laura is waste of BEXP

So is Rhys. See below

You people need to make up your minds on what deployment is assumed. Because Rhys is the textbook definition of 'combat failure'. Even in EM, he's slow and frail and does shit damage with shit movement, and if Laura's healing is useless, so is his. The only way he could be better than Laura is if Rhys gets all the BEXP and Speedwings and forges in the universe to drag his combat from 'useless' to 'okay but still has 6 move'. Rhys has nothing to offer in terms of combat except for comedic relief.

Agreed.

Meg is easily fixable on EM, combat wise at least Laura requires more BEXP than Meg. I'd say Meg is better.

Laura can be BEXPED to 99 and use mend staves to grow faster, and her growths are good too > Rhys imo.

Also agreed. Meg actually requires less fixing and effort than Fiona or Lyre and even Laura.

3: Well I can see Rhys's combat being mendable on Easy mode, but only if he has resolve and his high luck really helps him be a dodging machine compared to Soren/others. His 14 speed*1.5 and he's got 21 speed give him a speedwing and resolve gives him 24 speed and there you go doubling problem solve ;):

As for Laura like Rhys imo she's just as easy to fix but she's backed up with her own good growths and unlike GM, DB isn't overwhelmed with huge maps.

I think Laura can go below Rhys but imo Rhys should move up, Mist should stay where she is since her chipping is less than Rhys.

Rhys's combat isnt really worth fixing though. His combat is only a little bit better than Mist's. (she can double but shes not doing much damage to begin with.) Out of the GM healers, id saw Mist is the better bet for BEXP because she gains a mount. Move = win. Rhys does have staff level on her though. (if i remember correctly) So he can use better staves right off the bat. Either way, Rhys wont be doing a lot of fighting.

Its not speculation though

Meg has combat when Laura doesn't and she's easier to fix and gains the most superior weapons (hand axes) therefore Meg > Laura but i'm not sure if thats a valid argument ^^'. People underrate Meg too much on anything outside Hard mode.

Mmmmhmm. Meg is pretty quick for her class. Plus she can use the Brave Sword once Edwardovich gets Caladbolg.

and Soren is inferior to Ilyana on easy mode

Idk laguz stats on EM or NM on 3-6 but based off personal experience she doubled everything there, and she had paragon (crazy levels :3:). Still if speed is such an issue she can use beastfoe and gain decent levels too and be ready for crowning, etc. Although I did seal her on 1-8 iirc.

:/ I dunno if i agree with that. Soren bias. Ilyana does do well in part 1. After that, its kinda hit or miss. Her speed growth is much worse than Soren's. She may even be at a higher level than he is in Part 3, but after a while, she stops doubling. :/ Id say Ilyana and Soren are almost equal at that point in easy mode. (A leveled Soren does do better though eventually.)

:/ I dunno if i agree with that. Soren bias. Ilyana does do well in part 1. After that, its kinda hit or miss. Her speed growth is much worse than Soren's. She may even be at a higher level than he is in Part 3, but after a while, she stops doubling. :/ Id say Ilyana and Soren are almost equal at that point in easy mode. (A leveled Soren does do better though eventually.)

Soren has 35% Speed growth, Ilyana has 30% . I wouldn't say that's 'much worse' than Soren's growth.

O__o

Can someone tell me why can't we just beat the living daylights out of some 2nd tier pussy with our obliviously 3rd tier best unit of DB like we do to every other opponent there is?

Because it's super unbalanced to have a third tier DB unit, due to the small amounts of EXP that you get in their chapters.

Because it's super unbalanced to have a third tier DB unit, due to the small amounts of EXP that you get in their chapters.

This is easy mode. EASY mode; you have CEXP and BEXP coming out of your ears, even in DB part 3. Or should I say especially DB part 3; you face laguz (high experience gain) and you have less units, making the EXP gains more concentrated. If you can't get someone to level ~16 2nd tier to crown them you're doing it wrong.

For 1 chapter? Tormod seems like he'd be better in Part 1 due to 2-range/no gauge anyway.

It can be argued that for 4-4 Tormod is better as well. If we are to spend BEXP on muarim, who has no 2 range and has gauge, might as well give it to Tormod who has 1-2 range and fight until he drops dead. We can also probably crown him since this is lol easy mode and you should have atleast 1 to spare. This combined with perhaps a resolve should allow him to take on enemies on 4-4. Even the reinforcements, that is if the player somehow miraculously got screwed. Also, Tormod has meteor, for opening doors/getting far away enemies.

It can be argued that for 4-4 Tormod is better as well. If we are to spend BEXP on muarim, who has no 2 range and has gauge, might as well give it to Tormod who has 1-2 range and fight until he drops dead. We can also probably crown him since this is lol easy mode and you should have atleast 1 to spare. This combined with perhaps a resolve should allow him to take on enemies on 4-4. Even the reinforcements, that is if the player somehow miraculously got screwed. Also, Tormod has meteor, for opening doors/getting far away enemies.

I wouldn't count on there being a leftover Master Crown.

maybe i'm just the odd person that lets some of his units level up naturally

Actually, so am I, but I just think Tormod's a hopeless case.

Well his magic might give you some issues when bexping considering his hp, str, skl, spd, and another stat iirc beat that stat. But he caps str within 2 levels most likely so he has a good chance of upping magic since he is only 5% away from skl and spd. With the bexp you might give muarim tormod does better. That's all im saying here or atleast trying to say.

Edited by Ulki

Well his magic might give you some issues when bexping considering his hp, str, skl, spd, and another stat iirc beat that stat. But he caps str within 2 levels most likely so he has a good chance of upping magic since he is only 5% away from skl and spd. With the bexp you might give muarim tormod does better. That's all im saying here or atleast trying to say.

But Tormod's Luck is so low, he faces crit chances from a good deal of enemies. Also, personally, I feel it's a complete waste.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Fortune exist if you are worried. Or you could give him resolve and have him avoid. His speed can raise a lot to get him there.

Edited by Ulki

Fortune exist if you are worried. Or you could give him resolve and have him avoid. His speed can raise a lot to get him there.

If it weren't for the fact that Fortune was likely turned into 3k way back when, you'd have a point... And the only other Fortune comes on Caineghis, which is too late. As for Resolve, I wouldn't want it on a unit who might not even get low enough to use it because he got blicked off the face of Tellius by a critical hit instead.

Edited by Metal King Slime

This is easy mode. EASY mode; you have CEXP and BEXP coming out of your ears, even in DB part 3. Or should I say especially DB part 3; you face laguz (high experience gain) and you have less units, making the EXP gains more concentrated. If you can't get someone to level ~16 2nd tier to crown them you're doing it wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's super easy to 20/20 units in EM because of the mass CEXP and BEXP you get. Even if there's more EXP concentration, assuming you evenly use BEXP throughout Part I, 2500 is the best amount you have going into Part III, and then you've got another 11500 BEXP to use for III-13 from the past two DB chapters. Jill wants to join the GMercs because she gets better EXP and catches up to Haar and Titania by III-10 AT WORST. That leaves you with Eddie, Nolan, Aran, and Volug as your heavy hitters, plus Sothe because he's forced, and Micky and Laura for healing. Tauroneo is overleveled and needs no BEXP, and Meg and Fiona are useless. Zihark is assumedly on par with everyone else naturally so he doesn't need BEXP pumping unless you give him the leftovers. Your heavy hitters want it the most to be able to hit hard, dodge, and take hits. Micky and Laura want it next so they can heal over longer ranges. Sothe wants the rest so he can stay on par with the group. Odds are your best unit will be at 20/15, which is crownable but the DB can STILL defeat the Laguz at that level with max supports.

Of course, you could argue that the DB wants crowns because the GMercs that will see love in Part IV and the Endgame will have promoted with/without crowns and will not need them. Since they are unsellable your best bet is promoting the DB, specifically the non-Endgame units. Eddie and Nolan want to hit 20/20/1 so that they can milk their stats for their full worth.

Don't forget that if Laura doesn't sleep Ike (assuming he has Soren A) he'll double MOST of the DB members except Eddie, which is highly dangerous with Ragnell. Also he'll avoid a decent slew of attacks if he's got semi-decent biorhythm.

I'm pretty sure it's super easy to 20/20 units in EM because of the mass CEXP and BEXP you get. Even if there's more EXP concentration, assuming you evenly use BEXP throughout Part I, 2500 is the best amount you have going into Part III, and then you've got another 11500 BEXP to use for III-13 from the past two DB chapters. Jill wants to join the GMercs because she gets better EXP and catches up to Haar and Titania by III-10 AT WORST. That leaves you with Eddie, Nolan, Aran, and Volug as your heavy hitters, plus Sothe because he's forced, and Micky and Laura for healing. Tauroneo is overleveled and needs no BEXP, and Meg and Fiona are useless. Zihark is assumedly on par with everyone else naturally so he doesn't need BEXP pumping unless you give him the leftovers. Your heavy hitters want it the most to be able to hit hard, dodge, and take hits. Micky and Laura want it next so they can heal over longer ranges. Sothe wants the rest so he can stay on par with the group. Odds are your best unit will be at 20/15, which is crownable but the DB can STILL defeat the Laguz at that level with max supports.

Of course, you could argue that the DB wants crowns because the GMercs that will see love in Part IV and the Endgame will have promoted with/without crowns and will not need them. Since they are unsellable your best bet is promoting the DB, specifically the non-Endgame units. Eddie and Nolan want to hit 20/20/1 so that they can milk their stats for their full worth.

Don't forget that if Laura doesn't sleep Ike (assuming he has Soren A) he'll double MOST of the DB members except Eddie, which is highly dangerous with Ragnell. Also he'll avoid a decent slew of attacks if he's got semi-decent biorhythm.

Personally, I think bringing Jill over to the mercenaries is more of shooting yourself in teh foot...

If it weren't for the fact that Fortune was likely turned into 3k way back when, you'd have a point... And the only other Fortune comes on Caineghis, which is too late. As for Resolve, I wouldn't want it on a unit who might not even get low enough to use it because he got blicked off the face of Tellius by a critical hit instead.

Yes but chances are you get lucky :awesome:

Personally, I think bringing Jill over to the mercenaries is more of shooting yourself in teh foot...

Jill can fly which makes her invaluable in Part IV, especially in the desert chapter. Also, her best support partners are in the GMercs. She autobonds Haar and Mist. Haar and Jill have the same movement, and Mist will be promoting by the end of Part III and gets the same movement as Jill. She wants to be with the GMercs.

What resolve and BEXP? Maybe a master crown too. Don't see how many units are using more than 1/3 of the list in EM. Especially by 4-4.

Jill can fly which makes her invaluable in Part IV, especially in the desert chapter. Also, her best support partners are in the GMercs. She autobonds Haar and Mist. Haar and Jill have the same movement, and Mist will be promoting by the end of Part III and gets the same movement as Jill. She wants to be with the GMercs.

That means cancelling whatever support she may have had before then. And personally, I think the Mercenaries won't miss her much.

Why are we assuming Ike has A Soren, and also, why does he have Ragnell equiped?