Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you make tower of valni and skirmishes so hard???

This was during the previous version, and that was to prevent people from leveling constantly off of those. At least, that's what Ray said if memory serves.

If I recall correctly, I believe it was more related to Ray wanting to "stop" the players' "progress" in the old version's demo, as a way of saying "HEY, THIS IS AS FAR AS THE DEMO GOES." Needless to say, it didn't work at all, since everyone kept saying that they couldn't beat the maxed out monsters or asking why all of the monsters were that strong instead of realizing why or reading the explanation in the topic. -_-

Ideally, the Tower and Ruins won't even be accessible in ASDDX, since the whole "traveling the world map whenever" thing was something that we wanted to get rid of (at least, I haven't heard otherwise); we wanted to go with how basically every other FE does it: advancing from the end of one chapter to the start of the next automatically.

Ideally, the Tower and Ruins won't even be accessible in ASDDX, since the whole "traveling the world map whenever" thing was something that we wanted to get rid of (at least, I haven't heard otherwise); we wanted to go with how basically every other FE does it: advancing from the end of one chapter to the start of the next automatically.

If that doesn't work out, you can at least limit the chapters to the first-floor only, and make them story-like areas. Like a camp or something, with some NPCs.

I was actually going to force the game to immediately end the chapter and make the player be shifted back to the World Map should they access the Tower or Ruins, since I can't get rid of the map currently and I don't plan to make use of them for anything at all.

I actually like that idea, Celice :) A camp would be cool, where you could buy special supplies or something :3

When I had the idea, I was seeing those camps in Chrono Trigger, with all the people with nowhere to go. The latest Advance Wars games also has some of those groups where they're just survivors in a world destroyed. It'd be cool to explore these camps for a story opportunity. Supplies are always a good idea too though. Like a rebel encampment or something.

romhacking ideas are awesome

Edited by Celice

If that doesn't work out, you can at least limit the chapters to the first-floor only, and make them story-like areas. Like a camp or something, with some NPCs.

I agree with Jubby here. Good idea Celice. Hell, this could be a good place to view support convos if Ray has those planned. ...That'd probably involve some hacking that might take a lot of time though.

Edited by Kisume

I was actually going to force the game to immediately end the chapter and make the player be shifted back to the World Map should they access the Tower or Ruins, since I can't get rid of the map currently and I don't plan to make use of them for anything at all.

This is definitely a more friendly approach than mine: good luck with whatever you do!

I'm kinda wondering something...though this may be waaaaaaaaay in the future, but are you gonna do a route split? Since you're hacking FE8 the route split might be a tough thing to work around if you're not doing one. Considering how difficult the 5x problem was for a bit, this may pose...an interesting problem. Might wanna look into it just in case.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem. Dream of Five pulled a route split and that's an FE7 hack.

FE7 has several route splits, all triggered by conditional checks. (FE6 has several route splits too, for that matter.) FE8 only has one, which is triggered by the prompt following Chapter 8, so there's a slight difference. From what I remember Ray telling me, FE8 isn't as supported with conditional checks (or, at the very least, they aren't documented) as FE7, so it might be an issue; he'd need to confirm that or not.

I'm kinda wondering something...though this may be waaaaaaaaay in the future, but are you gonna do a route split? Since you're hacking FE8 the route split might be a tough thing to work around if you're not doing one. Considering how difficult the 5x problem was for a bit, this may pose...an interesting problem. Might wanna look into it just in case.

5x is/was a problem because, like 5x in FE8, it's a sidestory focusing on a secondary group, and that group doesn't contain either Eirika or Ephraim's replacements here. I don't think that you can really compare the two.

FE7 has several route splits, all triggered by conditional checks. (FE6 has several route splits too, for that matter.) FE8 only has one, which is triggered by the prompt following Chapter 8, so there's a slight difference. From what I remember Ray telling me, FE8 isn't as supported with conditional checks (or, at the very least, they aren't documented) as FE7, so it might be an issue; he'd need to confirm that or not.

5x is/was a problem because, like 5x in FE8, it's a sidestory focusing on a secondary group, and that group doesn't contain either Eirika or Ephraim's replacements here. I don't think that you can really compare the two.

Ah. I wasn't trying to compare the two, but if it sounded like I was, I apologize. I know very little about hacking if any at all, but I just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas on what to do should you run into a problem there. If you're not gonna do a route split, something's gonna have to be done, that I'm sure of. Either that or just make it so both choices take you to the same route. I don't know if that's possible, but it's a solution if one will be needed in the near future. I hope you guys can keep up the good work. This still looks very good. I'm a sucker for stories soooooo....yeah. Keep it up.

or you could just move to the next chapter and get rid of the condition...

True, but that may involve some sort of complicated shenanigans that might do...something.

it involves changing the events, lol. You just take it out, assuming the events don't have some kind of ASM-y bullshit, especially the kind that's hardcoded to the chapter... I'd assume it's just a typical branch, though, which is extraordinarily easy to edit out, especially since I'm pretty sure Ray's writing the events from scratch.

Evidently, the codes that set up the route split are on a completely separate chapter(the Lords' Split one, which the game takes you after beating Chapter 8), so I could simply not make the player go there and have them continue on Eirika's or Ephraim's routes without choice.

As for a route split itself, I may use one, but from the way I have the story set up, it'll probably be near or at endgame.

Evidently, the codes that set up the route split are on a completely separate chapter(the Lords' Split one, which the game takes you after beating Chapter 8), so I could simply not make the player go there and have them continue on Eirika's or Ephraim's routes without choice.

As for a route split itself, I may use one, but from the way I have the story set up, it'll probably be near or at endgame.

If I recall correctly, In Sacred Stones, Chapter 5x has different characters than the story. Pray tell, what do you intend to do for that chapter in ASDDX, Ray?