Post-undergrad plans

I.M. Gei

So what's everyone gonna do once out of college?

This shooter here is thinking about taking a year off, interning at an uncle's lab in New York before applying for medical school.

I don't even know, I was supposed to be a History major, but memorizing dates suck, and somehow, I am much better at Geology. So I'll probably just piss around taking classes in search for something worth going to school for. Funding to afford to piss around, FTW!

I also plan to drop out for a few semesters to join this youth group thing and travel with them, I'm getting old and soon I won't be able to join these sorts of things! D;

Was originally studying Pharmacy, then took summers to catch up on the courses I missed while playing university sports my first few years.

I've since dropped the sports (I still play them, just not at a university level), and am pursuing a career in statistics. It's much less stressful than being a fulltime student.

Grad School. Either do a 5-year Bachelor-Masters program at my current uni, or apply to another institution good for my major. Wonder if I can work on two masters degrees at the same time...

After that, get a job. If can't get job, get Ph.D. If can't get job, get second Ph.D. Rinse, repeat. :P

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I'm in my final year now so I've put some thought into it, at least.

> Apply for a position in the South Wales Police as a Special Constable (voluntary, unpaid position with the all the powers of a Police Constable) before my degree ends.

> Get accepted by S Wales Police to be assessed.

Then in no particular order - whatever comes up first:

> Get at least a 2-1 in BSc (hons) Police Sciences.

> Once finished with my degree, regardless of the result, apply for Jobseeker's Allowance while searching for a job. Take the best job that I can find. If a full-time job will conflict with the assessment/training stages of joining the Special Constabulary of South Wales Police, accept a part-time job until assessment and training stages are complete.

> Pass the assessment stage for joining the Specials. Move on to training.

> Pass the South Wales Police training. Become a Special Constable, working a minimum of 16 hours a month. Food and travel expenses are paid for. Apply for a full-time job if currently on a part-time job.

From there, if all that goes to plan:

> Once within the Special Constabulary, after a few months, apply for a Police Constable position within South Wales Police (to get paid as opposed to being voluntary). If successful, quit current full-time job and continue life as a PC in South Wales.

> Complete 2 years probation and apply to enter traffic policing. Or firearms policing. Not sure on that one - but I do have a few years to decide, I suppose.

So yeah, that's how I'm hoping it'll roll. If not, then I'll no doubt find a way around whatever decides to try to hinder me on my path.

I am not sure exactly. My mind is always changing. But recently, I have been opposed to Graduate Studies because I believe it would add more debt from school, and the resultant work I would have to to in order to make the graduates studies worth while does not seem like very prominent positions.

Hopefully put this 2-year welding course to good use. Look through various local metalworking shops, and maybe try to get on the dockyards (here in NS, we just got a $25 Billion dollar warship building contract). As for right now, working at a local PC repair shop is working out just fine.

This is what i plan on doing.

You guys might want to also consider going to doctoral school. Because they grant PhDs, not grad schools.

I graduate next semester with my masters in College Student Personell Administration, so I'll either find a job working in Residence or Greek Life or get my mothafuckkin PHD!!

Edited by frat_tastic

Something in the games industry. Maybe technical artist, if this internship I've got my eye on works out.

(Majoring in CS, minoring in art, with an extra degree in Being Really Damn Stubborn.)

Prove it.

I hope to continue volunteering at my law firm for the moment, and once I get my act together (read: never) I'll look for a paying job, if I don't kill myself first.

You guys might want to also consider going to doctoral school. Because they grant PhDs, not grad schools.
Erm, grad schools also grant PhDs. Worst case scenario, I'd know about some of these terms because my scholarship program is devoted to giving people PhDs (you may have seen a portion of 60 minutes focusing on my university this past Sunday in fact).

• 2 weeks later...

Med school because I am Asian.

Assuming I get in, anyways; of course, there's always the medical schools in the Caribbean Islands which take anyone in, even party-my-ass-off-and -fail frat boys.

I'm planning on a Japanese Business double major, hoping to apply it as an interpreter or translator for business or perhaps government.

I just don't have any real idea as to how to really get there, and am terrified I'm going to grow into an old man with no job, no home, and no partner.

I'm gonna try get a Ph.D. and become a volcanologist! =] Wish me luck that I don't die from accidentally tripping into lava ;b

Honestly I don't see myself enjoying anything else except maybe seismology. Otherwise any other type of job just sounds too uninteresting for me. Tectonics is where my heart seems to lie~

Although in my artistic skills maybe I could be a room designer or something =o

Astrophysics at UC Santa Cruz, realistically, or at UC Berkeley (as a dream of course). I've got the drive and curiosity. I just need to have better math skills, which I am improving in. I'm hoping to eventually get a PhD.

Unless I don't get accepted to either schools, in which case I'm either going into aerospace engineering (eventually focusing on astronautical) or general physics at one of the other colleges I get accepted to.

If I get don't get accepted into anything, I'm going to apply to my local community college and try to do my best to excel to eventually transfer into an amazing university and study astrophysics.

If I fail at that then I'll probably get a job at a fast food restaurant. This doesn't count as an undergrad plan, obviously, but this is what will happen if I fail to do anything.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Suck dick for my next meal

Move to Chicago, get an apartment, a job waiting tables/bartending. While I'm not doing that, I'm going to audition for acting jobs. Get a professional repertoire in Chicago. Eventually move to New York or LA. Act some more.

If that fails, grad school for Psychology. Clinical Psychologist.

Or get my Masters' in Education and teach Psych, Latin, or Theatre. Or get my PhD in any of those and teach at a college.

I don't even know, I was supposed to be a History major, but memorizing dates suck, and somehow, I am much better at Geology. So I'll probably just piss around taking classes in search for something worth going to school for. Funding to afford to piss around, FTW!

I also plan to drop out for a few semesters to join this youth group thing and travel with them, I'm getting old and soon I won't be able to join these sorts of things! D;

It does suck. :/ Being a history major is very rewarding, though! At least I would assume so...

I'm planning on a Japanese Business double major, hoping to apply it as an interpreter or translator for business or perhaps government.

I just don't have any real idea as to how to really get there, and am terrified I'm going to grow into an old man with no job, no home, and no partner.

You can ask the guys in the Japanese and Business departments for help with this. If you somehow end up in my neck of the woods, there's an entire shopping center and then some that always welcomes translators!

I currently attend Richard Stockton in New Jersey where i major in Economics and minor in Philosophy. I do many things including play on a sports team, im the president and founder of a libertarian club, and am an ambassador of my school. After Stockton I plan on attending Columbia Law School and then going into corporate law