The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo alright so Nintendo Japan just dropped an overview trailer for XenoblaDE.

It's in Japanese so you might not understand it but you can pick up on somethings just based on what happens. Also the game is gorgeous.

Buuuuuuuut as tends to be the case with overview trailers, there actually are some spoilers in this. For those who haven't played Xenoblade 1 before and are thinking of picking this up, don't watch the overview trailer.

But i will share some non-spoilery images, try to give a tl;r. I'll also show some screenshots that have been added to the JP website.

Screenshot_20200430-214528_1.png

So just like in Xenoblade 2 (and X with it's Overdrive), you get to see how much damage you dealt through a Chain Attack. Pretty nice, pretty nice.

What isn't as nice though is that it doesn't seem that Chain Attacks have been changed much. In general, combat seems to remain mostly the same. Jury's still out on the level penalties though.

Screenshot_20200430-212546_1.png

There he is. Also, you can't see it since this is a screenshot i took but there's like a lightning effect with the UM names.

There's also the Final Marcus here

Screenshot_20200430-214750_1.png

Also those purple spikes on the name? Those are Spike Damage indicators, letting the player know ahead of time "hey, this enemy has Spike Damage". This further confirmed by the Chain Attack image, where the Mechon doesn't have the purple spikes until toppled.

It doesn't tell you exactly what the Spike Damage is but this is fine.

EW5WzHSWoAYvcA3.png

Gem Crafting. Hopefully it's properly explained this time.

Screenshot_20200430-214659_1.png

Nothing here, just a gorgeous screenshot from Colony 6.

The overview trailer touches on Heart-to-Hearts but the narration audio was layered over it so it's impossible to tell whether or not they are voiced for now.

Screenshot_20200430-215011_1.png

The skip travel map shows where each location is in relation to the Bionis (and for the Mechonis later on).

As for some Future Connected stuff, we didn't get a whole lot. It barely touched on the combat so we can't say how different it is from the main game. What we do know is that Chain Attacks have been replaced

IMG_20200430_220757.jpg

Also this confirms the Nopon are playable but i'll get to that. What that new icon does is this (pardon the gif quality)

ezgif-3-76727a596363.gif

Territorial Rotbart has long been our enemy but we have tamed the beast and made him our ally.

According to the JP website, those adventurer Nopons can be found all throughout Future Connected and you can recruit them after helping them out or something like that.

Speaking of Nopon, we get the names of the two new ones.

extra-story_chara01.png

That's Keno

extra-story_chara02.png

And that's his mother, Nene. A mother-son duo, pretty interesting.

extra-story_chara01_img01.jpg

Also that's an ether gun. Just letting you know.

And while we have seen Shulk's FC render before, here it is in high quality

EW5VEBhX0AEPnBP?format=png&name=medium

And here's Melia's

EW5VDvIWoAstqP2?format=png&name=medium

Now, the Japanese website does have further Future Connected details but it talks about stuff that happens after the main game and there's literally a warning before the section. So those who haven't played Xenoblade 1 should not open this.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2191.png?width=875&height=431

So as you can see, the Bionis Shouler is no longer a shoulder. It's a floating island. Btw, the fourth image is a town.

We still don't know too much about how the combat but another major change is that there are no Visions. Shulk lost the power to see the future after giving up being a God, so it makes sense.

There's this thing right here

unknown.png?width=861&height=431

Don't know what the fuck it's supposed to be. It's probably from the portals. And uh, it looks kinda similar to something.

maxresdefault.png?width=766&height=431

EudhFzO.gif

Quick edit: According to the JP site, Heart-to-Hearts will still require certain Affinity levels to be met. I really hope that they don't take eons to grind out. I would like to actually see the HtHs this time.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo alright so Nintendo Japan just dropped an overview trailer for XenoblaDE.

It's in Japanese so you might not understand it but you can pick up on somethings just based on what happens. Also the game is gorgeous.

Buuuuuuuut as tends to be the case with overview trailers, there actually are some spoilers in this. For those who haven't played Xenoblade 1 before and are thinking of picking this up, don't watch the overview trailer.

But i will share some non-spoilery images, try to give a tl;r. I'll also show some screenshots that have been added to the JP website.

Screenshot_20200430-214528_1.png

So just like in Xenoblade 2 (and X with it's Overdrive), you get to see how much damage you dealt through a Chain Attack. Pretty nice, pretty nice.

What isn't as nice though is that it doesn't seem that Chain Attacks have been changed much. In general, combat seems to remain mostly the same. Jury's still out on the level penalties though.

Screenshot_20200430-212546_1.png

There he is. Also, you can't see it since this is a screenshot i took but there's like a lightning effect with the UM names.

Also those purple spikes on the name? Those are Spike Damage indicators, letting the player know ahead of time "hey, this enemy has Spike Damage". This further confirmed by the Chain Attack image, where the Mechon doesn't have the purple spikes until toppled.

It doesn't tell you exactly what the Spike Damage is but this is fine.

EW5WzHSWoAYvcA3.png

Gem Crafting. Hopefully it's properly explained this time.

Screenshot_20200430-214659_1.png

Nothing here, just a gorgeous screenshot from Colony 6.

The overview trailer touches on Heart-to-Hearts but the narration audio was layered over it so it's impossible to tell whether or not they are voiced for now.

Screenshot_20200430-215011_1.png

The skip travel map shows where each location is in relation to the Bionis (and for the Mechonis later on).

As for some Future Connected stuff, we didn't get a whole lot. It barely touched on the combat so we can't say how different it is from the main game. What we do know is that Chain Attacks have been replaced

IMG_20200430_220757.jpg

Also this confirms the Nopon are playable but i'll get to that. What that new icon does is this (pardon the gif quality)

ezgif-3-76727a596363.gif

Territorial Rotbart has long been our enemy but we have tamed the beast and made him our ally.

According to the JP website, those adventurer Nopons can be found all throughout Future Connected and you can recruit them after helping them out or something like that.

Speaking of Nopon, we get the names of the two new ones.

extra-story_chara01.png

That's Keno

extra-story_chara02.png

And while we have seen Shulk's FC render before, here it is in high quality

EW5VEBhX0AEPnBP?format=png&name=medium

And here's Melia's

EW5VDvIWoAstqP2?format=png&name=medium

Now, the Japanese website does have further Future Connected details but it talks about stuff that happens after the main game and there's literally a warning before the section. So those who haven't played Xenoblade 1 should not open this.

Reveal hidden contents

So as you can see, the Bionis Shouler is no longer a shoulder. It's a floating island. Btw, the fourth image is a town.

We still don't know too much about how the combat but another major change is that there are no Visions. Shulk lost the power to see the future after giving up being a God, so it makes sense.

Don't know what the fuck it's supposed to be. It's probably from the portals. And uh, it looks kinda similar to something.

maxresdefault.png?width=766&height=431

EudhFzO.gif

Quick edit: According to the JP site, Heart-to-Hearts will still require certain Affinity levels to be met. I really hope that they don't take eons to grind out. I would like to actually see the HtHs this time.

Whoa, that nes UI for the battle screen looks gorgeous! Glad to see they note which enemies have spike, as finding out the hard way wasn't always fun.

Great to see Rotbart, as always!

I'm not sure how much I can say about Future Connected without spoiling, so for now I'll just say that I'm very much interested in what these Nopon can do. 

What's wrong with the Chain Attacks? 

Hmm, in light of week-long events, I think I'm just gonna call it quits on participating again on the Writing thread. I did what I set to do, so I'm satisfied. I'll continue my own writings... as they currently are...

@Armagon

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, all looks like good stuff.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200430_220757.jpg

ezgif-3-76727a596363.gif

Chain Attacks are replaced by absurd Nopon antics? Umm... okay. Can this stay localized to Future Connected? XCX2 with this would make me a little queasy. And the idea of seeing these attacks during a serious boss battle is a just a scotch too jarring in general.

Recruitable Nopon are acceptable to me however. Outside of Tora and Riki, they have not pulled their weight in the field of combat, two good heropons do not salvage the lack of wartime prowess of the rest.😛

Their money obsession does makes the plausible that you could write some Nopon as so wanting of money they risk life and limb as mercenaries, top one of them off with a real gruff non-falsetto voice and a pint of the blackest draft when you first find them at the bar.

They used to be lovers in their first life you know.

Nopon manufacturing firearms again, I like. As ridiculous as they looked, I liked the Nopon Commerce Guild making modern hi-tech weaponry in XCX, and a certain flashback scene in XC2 is sooooooooooooooooooooooo weirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

Splendid! No more surprises is great except you can still stuck with the surprise of ailment spikes.

Now to delve into SPOILERS!:

Spoiler

Broken off from the rest, it still looks majestic, with a good impression of its sheer size.

No big loss, Visions are important, but to move past them now that Monado Boy can stand firmly on his feet without them b/c main story development is fine. Though being forced to use Shulk here sorta undermines one reason I'd be happy to not have Visions around anymore. While you could resolve them just fine without Shulk, he was the EZ mode solution to shattering them with a good Monado Art, and he was the only answer to enemy Talent Arts.

I know exactly what you mean:

Emperor_Ing_1.jpg

Emperor Ing! Dark Aether didn't dimensionally collapse out of existence after Samus took the final Energy Controller, it tied itself XC1's universe instead. What joy that Nintendo has graced us with a Metroid Prime 2 crossover!

Oh, or there is a remote chance it's one of those... Guidos I think was their name. Given the circumstances that lead to them, this could be entertaining.

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I see. Also, did they make the game harder or something? Because I've seen some screenshots with level 61 enemies.

I haven’t played the original but I barely play action rpg games and I find the game somewhat easy. The only times I got a Game Over was when the companion AI went stupid. The AI really can’t handle bosses that use traps or a lot of dangerous AoE attacks. 

I think level 61 is around the end game level. I’ve been doing the post game dungeon and so far there the enemies there are in the high 60’s to almost 70’s. 

Of course my team setup might also be responsible for me having a somewhat easy time. It’s perfectly balanced with Kevin as the DPS, Duran as the healing tank and Charlotte as the full blown healer.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Chain Attacks are replaced by absurd Nopon antics? Umm... okay. Can this stay localized to Future Connected? XCX2 with this would make me a little queasy. And the idea of seeing these attacks during a serious boss battle is a just a scotch too jarring in general.

So I was going back through the footage and all and I think I may actually retract my statement about that replacing Chain Attacks. Cause in the main game, the party gauge doesn't have a Chain Attack icon next to it. And on the gif, the Nopon bar is yellow, not blue.

Apart from the Nopon recruitment, I think it may be too early to say what this is for sure.

The Xenoblade Twitter doesn't update on weekends on think so we'll have to wait until at least Monday to find out more. But we did get a lot of stuff yesterday so...

And on to spoilers

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now to delve into SPOILERS!:

Spoiler

So those black mist creatures. People are thinking they might be the Ovah from Xenoblade X. Those viruses that inhabit the Orpheans. It is stated that the Ovah came from "an ocean of another world where Telethia lived" and we know from the little snippets of Future Connected that Telethia are still around.

Plus, one of the screenshots seems to be a Taos possessed by those black mist creatures, which X fans say it's similar to the Ovah possessing a Visigel in Cauldros.

But, as someone else pointed out, the lasers those black mist creatures are firing resemble the Guildo lasers.

Honestly, this is all still speculation at this point. Those black mist creatures could be something else entirely. We don't know.

In the event that it is the Ovah though, this would finally tie in Xenoblade X with the rest of the series but in a more subtle way.

So, anyway, I've been watching a playthrough of Fate/Extra lately. Graphics-wise, that game gives me some serious Persona 4 vibes.
Story-wise, the beginning is like "whaaat the f*** is going on here?"
Seems interesting enough, though.

Edited by DragonFlames
punctuation is my nemesis

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

THE

Reveal hidden contents

WlGlafg.jpg

HYPE

Reveal hidden contents

kkDfoWa.jpg

IS

Reveal hidden contents

dsTTAix.jpg

REAL!

Reveal hidden contents

eV5cCzl.jpg

Three playthroughs in and I still LOVE that scene. And boss fight. And everything else.
Especially the music that plays during this just screams HYPE, HYPE, HYPE.

Got a little carried away there. Apologies.

You know, this has got me thinking. The PS5 and the Xbox Series X (Mircosoft please pick better names) are coming out by the end of the year. So if we get another mainline Neptunia later, would the CPUs get Next Next Forms? And even though the Switch technically isn't a next-gen console, would Blanc's Next Next Form be the result of doing a fusion dance with Ram and Rom?

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You know, this has got me thinking. The PS5 and the Xbox Series X (Mircosoft please pick better names) are coming out by the end of the year. So if we get another mainline Neptunia later, would the CPUs get Next Next Forms? And even though the Switch technically isn't a next-gen console, would Blanc's Next Next Form be the result of doing a fusion dance with Ram and Rom?

That is an excellent question.
My guess is they'll probably make it so the Next Forms have their own set of processor units based on the new consoles, since I honestly can't imagine them just removing Ram and Rom from the party like that. Maybe the twins could use the same ones as Blanc (to reference the Switch being a hybrid), while Uni and Nepgear get their own upgraded processor units.
This idea stems mainly from the fact that Blanc at least already has different processor units based on the various Nintendo home consoles in Megadimension.

Next Next Form is a great name, tho. I could see them actually going with that, too.

And on to spoilers

I'd... SPOILERS!:

Spoiler

...Prefer to say it's the Guildo for my hypothesis, but the Ovah would make provide more sense for the title of this scenario. The Future Connected- the Orphe exist in an alternate dimension far into its future.

As for the Visigels, there weren't any black mist surrounding them in XCX during the two relevant missions. Here they are, Going Viral and Ovah and Out:

latest?cb=20160325155728

The usual method of Visigel reproduction is detailed in the Enemy Index as individuals self-fertilizing and then parasitically planting their eggs in other organisms until they mature and explode out of the host. So rapid self-division (toned down for gameplay's sake in the quest- if there were a more horrifying 1000 spawning in a week's time or so that be unplayably tedious) is highly unusual.

I don't necessarily expect that there'd be countless enemies as the result of the Ovah if it were in Future Connected, this would be it in its original state. And how the Ovah behaves in two hosts does not mean it can't behave differently in others. Not to mention the Ovah does compel the Orphe to act on a gut instinct sometimes.

We never see what the Ovah looks like in XCX, being that is it is a microscopic virus.

There is a second, not so talked about virus in XCX, the one that creates the handful of Tainted Indigens found around Dead Man's Gulch in Noctilum. It's described as driving its victims to madness.

1000?cb=20151010203254

And by pure coincidence, there is a minor Telethia connection:

Buuuuuut it is 1000000% more likely to be about the Ovah if this were an XCX connection.

TFW Clone Wars S7 E11 hasn't been uploaded to the torrent sites yet. Guess i'll watch Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster while i wait.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

My guess is they'll probably make it so the Next Forms have their own set of processor units based on the new consoles, since I honestly can't imagine them just removing Ram and Rom from the party like that. Maybe the twins could use the same ones as Blanc (to reference the Switch being a hybrid), while Uni and Nepgear get their own upgraded processor units.
This idea stems mainly from the fact that Blanc at least already has different processor units based on the various Nintendo home consoles in Megadimension.

Yeah, i always figured the more likely scenario is that the Switch would be made into processor parts that'd be shared between Blanc and the twins.

But then the only ones who would get Next Next Forms would be Neptune, Noire and Vert, leaving Blanc awkwardly out of the equation. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Next Next Form is a great name, tho. I could see them actually going with that, too.

10 years from now it falls into a Dragon Ball Z thing and we have Next Next Next forms.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd... SPOILERS!:

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

If it is the Ovah, they could retcon the black mist into it. It would be a very minor retcon. Though if the Ovah is supposed to be microscopic, that does turn a wrench into the whole theory. But they did use to be a single entitity. I guess it all depends on whether or not these black mist creatures are one of a kind or if there are more of them.

I would like to share a music theme from Cold Steel III, but there's absolute none I could share.

Seriously after playing Azure I can't even think of Cold Steel 3 has been made by the same people.

There are a few string themes, but even these aren't really remarkable.

BTW I have faced some familar faces today:

Spoiler

best sword girl and funniest Ouroboros member

Edited by Falcom Knight

Anyways I have (philosophical) question:

What does underrated mean?

I see so many videos and threads where this word is used and I have no idea what the definition of this term is.

It's not based on any measure, so this word is absolute meaningless to me.

36 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Anyways I have (philosophical) question:

What does underrated mean?

I see so many videos and threads where this word is used and I have no idea what the definition of this term is.

It's not based on any measure, so this word is absolute meaningless to me.

Did you change your avatar to that solely to make this comment? Because it certainly helps.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

foe0ildhpm741.png

Alternitavely:

Xenoblade fans: let's call the final party member in Xenoblade 1 "Seven".

Monolith Soft and Sakurai:

LW6g9yi.png

dfal_55fe266f20614-700x400.jpg

cc916903cb2c1476cb03941485fed2a3ba06b8d9r1-1280-720v2_uhq.jpg

Xenoblade fans: "I am a joke to you?"