The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo and @Shrimperor since I know you're planning on getting XenoblaDE too. And anyone else who's getting the game, I come with a warning.

The game has leaked, kinda. Thankfully, all the leaks have just been exclusively on the gameplay and technical side so there are no story leaks yet. Now, for people who have played the original, we don't have to worry about the main story but we still have to worry about Future Connected spoilers. And those who haven't played the original have to watch out for both. I say this because story leaks will be inevitable now (as will OST leaks, I would like those at least, gimme the music).

I have looked at the current leaks, again, it's all exclusively gameplay and technical stuff. If you want to know, I'll DM you. 

Thank you! I appreciate not being 100% spoiled, so, thats really kind of you! 

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enough faith in the users of this thread for nothing to be spoiled. In regards to which I'll play first, I think I'll mostly play the main game while also playing Future Connected on the side whenever the mood strikes.

Meanwhile, Cloud went on a date with Aerith at the Gold Saucer, which makes sense because she has the highest priority and I wasn't going for any date in particular. Now we're at the Temple of the Ancients, which I understand is the last area Aerith is usable in. Fortunately for my completionism, she reached limit level 3 with a bit of grinding. She still doesn't have Pulse of Life though, but I learned that most efficient way to increase the limit gauge is, of course, to have Aerith manipulate enemies into attacking her. Hopefully she'll learn it before the end of the dungeon, so she'll at least have Great Gospel for the last battle she's usable in.

I suppose that's a sign for me to start looking that up. Yeah, I work the opposite when it comes to things like this.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Meanwhile, Cloud went on a date with Aerith at the Gold Saucer, which makes sense because she has the highest priority and I wasn't going for any date in particular. Now we're at the Temple of the Ancients, which I understand is the last area Aerith is usable in. Fortunately for my completionism, she reached limit level 3 with a bit of grinding. She still doesn't have Pulse of Life though, but I learned that most efficient way to increase the limit gauge is, of course, to have Aerith manipulate enemies into attacking her. Hopefully she'll learn it before the end of the dungeon, so she'll at least have Great Gospel for the last battle she's usable in.

Where are you grinding? Personally, I've found the Mythril Mines to be a good place, since you can get encounters with as much as five enemies per battle and they're weak enough to have a single character finish them all on their own.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Where are you grinding? Personally, I've found the Mythril Mines to be a good place, since you can get encounters with as much as five enemies per battle and they're weak enough to have a single character finish them all on their own.

Yes, it was the Mythril Mines. If I play the game again then I'll try to get everyone's level 2 limits the first time I go through there. But at the moment I don't want to grind too much, and if Aerith doesn't learn Great Gospel then I can live with it.

It also occurs to me that since I want all of my characters' levels to be generally equal, I've never used Cid in battle yet. I'll give him his chance after I get through the Temple of the Ancients.

As it goes, I've done it little by little. Since I've made the effort to go back every time to do every single Fort Condor battle whenever I played, I figure since might as well I'm in the area. Though it's usually after... well, I forgot when I usually begin. Definitely after Junon but before Rocket Town, more or less. Or after getting the Tiny Bronco.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I have enough faith in the users of this thread for nothing to be spoiled. In regards to which I'll play first, I think I'll mostly play the main game while also playing Future Connected on the side whenever the mood strikes.

As for me, I'll be going through Future Connected first. I don't have enough faith in myself to remain spoiler-free on that during the 80+ hours of the main story.

Screenshot_20200507-212510_1.png

I really hate this new YouTube layout.

Mrwmynql o

67mlc2e2 o

Dmbtejez o
Iewyfe5e o
Ynlvvg8m o

(Yes, several generic enemies have their own battle quotes. Some even have names and a portrait without being recruitable.)

Don't want to sound like a shill for a game I haven't personally played, but can I say that it's a damn shame that Berwick Saga isn't more well known among spriters?

I am also very excited for XenoblaDE's new content, so I will more than likely start there as well. On a side note, I finally bought a SD card for my switch, which was way overdue.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It sure has.
Eight years and running. I think it's safe to say we'll make it to nine.

Don't know if surprising, but compared to its predecessors, it is going stronger for its age.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't know if surprising, but compared to its predecessors, it is going stronger for its age.

inb4 everyone stops posting here by tomorrow, instantly proving me wrong.

It has the become the "discuss/share/talk about whatever the heck you want" thread, basically, so that might contribute to its strength, as well as those who regularly post here to keep it on the top page of Forum Games.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

inb4 everyone stops posting here by tomorrow, instantly proving me wrong.

It has the become the "discuss/share/talk about whatever the heck you want" thread, basically, so that might contribute to its strength, as well as those who regularly post here to keep it on the top page of Forum Games.

With all the XenoblaDE and Trails talk, I doubt it.

Well, that was also more or less what the other threads had become as well. I suppose what helps this one is the nature of being a "game". Only rule is last to post wins, so posts can be of anything, really. So it's ideal for the posts to be conversations or just random stuff, it's all "in-topic and part of the game", as it were.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, that was also more or less what the other threads had become as well. I suppose what helps this one is the nature of being a "game". Only rule is last to post wins, so posts can be of anything, really. So it's ideal for the posts to be conversations or just random stuff, it's all "in-topic and part of the game", as it were.

I think this is the most plausible explanation.

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

on't want to sound like a shill for a game I haven't personally played, but can I say that it's a damn shame that Berwick Saga isn't more well known among spriters?

I COMMAND THEE TO PLAY IT. IT'S GOOD. I AM INCAPABLE OF FINISHING IT WITHOUT EXTREME SAVE-STATE ABUSE AND I STILL LOVE IT. AND GHEB'S ANIMATION IS HOT

Okay, started the Faerie Lea portion of the game. Also, I can't not find amusement to the idea of monsters using equipment. That said, imagining Saber wearing stuff like a handwoven cape or hardwood headwear is equally amusing, adorable, and cool. Also bought some stone fangs for him which... uh, how exactly those work again? No, seriously:

StoneFangs.png

He holds them in his mouth? Anyway...

... you know, if it was up to me, then on the basis that Bianca was present for Uptaten Towers, I'd have made it so the Briscoletti girls had accompanied Madason for this part of the game. Both of them? Well, assuming the party must be restricted to four... then at least one as an NPC, or you get to choose or something like that. Something to equalize things, maybe. Ah well! There will be always be fanfiction...  not that I've ever seen one doing that...

10 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Don't want to sound like a shill for a game I haven't personally played, but can I say that it's a damn shame that Berwick Saga isn't more well known among spriters?

The quality of spritework is good, but the sprites are too small compared to the backdrops. Whiplash compared to its predecessor TearRing Saga and it being much more zoomed in.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

I COMMAND THEE TO PLAY IT. IT'S GOOD. I AM INCAPABLE OF FINISHING IT WITHOUT EXTREME SAVE-STATE ABUSE AND I STILL LOVE IT.

I intend to, whenever I get a computer that can play it. I'm no Kaga irreconcilable diehard by any means (if anything, I'm slightly antipathetic to that crowd- Kaga BS is not actually any better than non-Kaga BS you arrogant elitists), but the oddities of Berwick Saga interest me enough that I want to give it a try.

Who shall I ship with Rean at the end?

Also lol, for chapter 3 the same field music is used as in the previous ones.

So far two different field themes, that's what I call "variety"!

Not gonna lie Cold Steel 3's soundtrack is an utter disappointment so far.

Edited by Falcom Knight

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I intend to, whenever I get a computer that can play it. I'm no Kaga irreconcilable diehard by any means (if anything, I'm slightly antipathetic to that crowd- Kaga BS is not actually any better than non-Kaga BS you arrogant elitists), but the oddities of Berwick Saga interest me enough that I want to give it a try.

Believe me, I despise FE4 as much as anyone; it's actually why I liked berwick Saga; there's some BS stuff in there, but it didn't ruin the game for me at all. (Well, not yet.) I was surprised that I actually could enjoy a Kaga game.

Just wondering, why is your badge Czene if you haven't played Berwick Saga?