The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Spoiler

When i reached 'that' moment i thought i got into a bad end tbh xD

Also, Fang fell in love with Tiara, after all. First route imo is definetly more Fang x Tiara appropiate

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

.. Though the game had me rolling on the floor with laughter not three minutes later, so all is fine. For now.
I guess I can show what it was that made me laugh so hard without spoiling anything:
TFHX3Ch.jpg
"Tsundomasochistic" is a word, apparently.

Well, some Nepping is needed. And Tiara is basically Black heart design wise, so Tsun checks out, at least xD

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When i reached 'that' moment i thought i got into a bad end tbh xD

Also, Fang fell in love with Tiara, after all. First route imo is definetly more Fang x Tiara appropiate

I am almost convinced going for her ending, too (I think I read somewhere that Tiara and Eryn have their own endings. Don't quote me on that, though. While I honestly like Eryn more as of right now - and it doesn't help that she's clearly into Fang, as well - the way the story is structured, Tiara seems the more organic choice (not to mention Eryn being into him came right the eff out of nowhere). We'll see where I'll end up by the end, I guess.

Well, some Nepping is needed. And Tiara is basically Black heart design wise, so Tsun checks out, at least xD

Her Fairize form bears the most similarities to the HDD forms in the Neptunia games. She even says "transformation complete" and strikes the same pose as Black Heart does in MegaNep VII, so you may be on to something here.
Personality-wise, she's Noire (tsundere) and Vert (manner of speech and overall conduct) with a dash of masochism, basically.

Spoiler

Route 1 has a Tiara and Eryn ending - here i feel Tiara is most 'organic'/natural choice, so to say. At some point you will have to view a certain event to choose between them. Honestly, in first half i was more into Eryn as well, but starting from ''Please don't fall in love with me'' Tiara felt more natural.
Route 2 doesn't have a Tiara ending.
Route 3 is too much spoilers for me to talk now xD

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Her Fairize form bears the most similarities to the HDD forms in the Neptunia games. She even says "transformation complete" and strikes the same pose as Black Heart does in MegaNep VII, so you may be on to something here.

There's a CG later on in Route 2 that will show you how they are basically the same design wise xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Reveal hidden contents

Route 1 has a Tiara and Eryn ending - here i feel Tiara is most 'organic'/natural choice, so to say. At some point you will have to view a certain event to choose between them. Honestly, in first half i was more into Eryn as well, but starting from ''Please don't fall in love with me'' Tiara felt more natural.
Route 2 doesn't have a Tiara ending.
Route 3 is too much spoilers for me to talk now xD

I honestly don't know which route I'm on, as I looked up nothing about the game (except that Tiara and Eryn have their own endings - and that was more by coincidence), but if Tiara is there it's safe to assume I'm on a route where she's got an ending. If it helps, I have only used fairies to unseal the Goddess, didn't use anything on the Vile God so far.

I agree with you that, especially from the scene where she's like "Hey, don't fall for me", she became the "main girl", so to speak.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's a CG later on in Route 2 that will show you how they are basically the same design wise xD

I see, I see.

Another Wednesday, another missed perfectly opportunity for me to finish a certain game I've been meaning to for months. I need my thoughts to be clear and free of certain impurities for it I tell myself. I tell myself I must play the game docked because it deserves the majesty of it (even though I enjoy playing Switch games undocked). And yet, I keep flubbing it up and letting the chance pass me by.

I'm either too unrestrained, or too finicky. Or both.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlamesyou are on Route 1

Route 2 conditions are 8+ Evil furies before Desert iirc

and for Route 3 16+ Evil furies before Desert (hence why NG+ only)

Ah, I see. Thanks for the tips!

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Between this and her S-support CG, I'm even less inclined to S-support anyone else in Three Houses from now on.
Seriously, purely from a character-design standpoint, Lysithea is one of the best in the franchise.

Speaking of S-supports, I finished my Blue Lions run today and... well... (maybe spoilers? I dunno)

latest?cb=20190724153817

(missed the opportunity to screencap it myself, so I had to pull it from elsewhere)
If you ask whether I'm proud of it or not... I'd say not really. But still, it's adorable as heck. The support was hilarious, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another Wednesday, another missed perfectly opportunity for me to finish a certain game I've been meaning to for months. I need my thoughts to be clear and free of certain impurities for it I tell myself. I tell myself I must play the game docked because it deserves the majesty of it (even though I enjoy playing Switch games undocked). And yet, I keep flubbing it up and letting the chance pass me by.

I'm either too unrestrained, or too finicky. Or both.

Replace "game" with "writing" and you've got me in a nutshell.
Though now I also have lectures at university to think about (just got back from one), but still. I want to finish at least one book before I finish studying.

At least you're busy with something, I'm kinda just passing through life meaninglessly but it has no meaning with plenty of time to do, well, anything. But, I waste my existence that I wish to be precious despite the ultimate nullity that is being.

To be precise, I want to wrap up Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Just friggin' Chapter 10, the finale, @Armagon, sorry for asking (and still not having done it all this time:unsure:), but Chapter 10 amounts to what in gameplay exactly? Just two boss fights at the minimum I'd think knowing who I know remains, and given how short Chapter 9 was, I'd expect similar. I know I have the characters to do it, and I'd be half-willing (but also half-not) to drop to Easy even just to get it done, I just want to know how much. I think I'm going to break my stance against playing it undocked though because I feel I would just need the extra stimulus of having a TV on in the background, even if that does the XC2 narrative a disservice for having any distraction from it.

Once XC2 is done, I'll feel freer to start Etrian Odyssey: Nexus, which I've wanted to do. I held off, because I like the option of naming one of my guild members after XC2/Torna characters. I could do it now, but I'd feel insecure about using character names from a game I haven't completed, because what if I later saw something in the game that made me not like the character so much? EO does give me the choice to rename later though.

I mean I should finish 7th Dragon 2020-II first before Nexus too, since both are Create-Your-Own-Character dungeon crawlers, but I don't feel like waiting anymore because of that. Nor do I want to wait on my months of delay on finishing Persona 2: Innocent Sin to stand in the way, where I've just the long final dungeon to finish, which should contain several boss battles. One battle being against Hitler-never-called-Hitler in sunglasses with the Spear of Destiny and robot soldiers -or rather an apparition of the human collective unconscious born of rumors and conspiracy theories that Hitler survived WWII, not the real one.

The thing is, I can make progress in video games, just not as fast as I want to nor in certain games. I've gone through most of Boktai 1 and have just a little more than the final dungeon left to do- albeit the game for a single run is like 15 hours at very most.

And even if I did start EON, I'm still undecided on my team.

• I want Hero because it is new and shiny.
  • I'm thinking Zodiac because I hear its terrible and Hero is broken, so they balance each other. Plus Zodiacs look kinda nice.
  • For my backline healer, I was thinking Harbinger, because it is different from anything I've done before.
  • I was thinking a front row no-clones Ninja for dodgetanking and something to take advantage of the Harbinger's miasmas, but should I go Highlander instead? I have to leave a front row spot open for full benefit from Afterimages.
  • I want to train a Farmer, but I'm afraid they're so terrible in combat that I'll give them the Memory Conch as a 6th wheel. I can then sub them of if I ever want to try them in combat.
  • But then this leaves open the 5th slot. What to fill it in with?  Do I move the Ninja to the backrow as a pure non-clone bind/ailment character and then add the Highlander? Ninja upfront and Arcanist in the back? Does Zodiac + Hero then for most of my damage amount to enough, since I don't think Ninja could add in that much more. Or should I just drop Ninja and try a dodgetank in EOV on my third planned run of Phantom Duelist, Shield Bearer, Blade Dancer, Spirit Broker, and Divine Herald?

...*Le sigh*. I know this is a rant, I hope nobody minds me exhaling petty nothings.

---------------

On a little bit of a brighter note:

EHimlZjX0AAgf4X.jpg

"Best Friends" ceremony? More like a thinly veiled wedding.

I was expecting Marvelous to play it a little less blatantly obvious if they wouldn't go so far as to say marriage. How exactly were they thinking this could be localized as whatever different languages/countries wanted it to be localized as?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be precise, I want to wrap up Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Just friggin' Chapter 10, the finale, @Armagon, sorry for asking (and still not having done it all this time:unsure:), but Chapter 10 amounts to what in gameplay exactly? Just two boss fights at the minimum I'd think knowing who I know remains, and given how short Chapter 9 was, I'd expect similar. I know I have the characters to do it, and I'd be half-willing (but also half-not) to drop to Easy even just to get it done, I just want to know how much. I think I'm going to break my stance against playing it undocked though because I feel I would just need the extra stimulus of having a TV on in the background, even if that does the XC2 narrative a disservice for having any distraction from it.

Ch.10 isn't that long. There's four boss battles. Three of them are pretty short and they're all back-to-back (don't worry if you lose). The fourth one is the final boss. The final area also doesn't offer a whole lot in terms of exploration so you can just head to the goal without any worry. In terms of enemies, the only ones you'll fight are in the second-to-last room before the final boss.

The first three boss fights of Ch.10 are followed by the longest cutscene in the game, clocking in at 24 minutes. And when you get the room before the final boss (you'll know it), remember to save and turn of the Switch. This could just be a problem with earlier models but remember that there are reports of the final cutscene becoming a powerpoint presentation if the Switch and the game have been on for too long due to a memory leak issue with the hardware. Again, newer models may not have that but it's better to turn off the Switch for a few seconds just to be safe.

Tl;dr, gameplay wise, Ch.10 is very short. It does have the longest cutscene in the game so you could argue that the chapter is overall longer than Ch.9 but yeah, you're like 95% done with the main story.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

And even if I did start EON, I'm still undecided on my team.

• I want Hero because it is new and shiny.
  • I'm thinking Zodiac because I hear its terrible and Hero is broken, so they balance each other. Plus Zodiacs look kinda nice.
  • For my backline healer, I was thinking Harbinger, because it is different from anything I've done before.
  • I was thinking a front row no-clones Ninja for dodgetanking and something to take advantage of the Harbinger's miasmas, but should I go Highlander instead? I have to leave a front row spot open for full benefit from Afterimages.
  • I want to train a Farmer, but I'm afraid they're so terrible in combat that I'll give them the Memory Conch as a 6th wheel. I can then sub them of if I ever want to try them in combat.
  • But then this leaves open the 5th slot. What to fill it in with?  Do I move the Ninja to the backrow as a pure non-clone bind/ailment character and then add the Highlander? Ninja upfront and Arcanist in the back? Does Zodiac + Hero then for most of my damage amount to enough, since I don't think Ninja could add in that much more. Or should I just drop Ninja and try a dodgetank in EOV on my third planned run of Phantom Duelist, Shield Bearer, Blade Dancer, Spirit Broker, and Divine Herald?

If it helps, this was my team in my first Nexus playthrough.
Front: Hero, Shogun, War Magus
Back: Farmer, Zodiac
I affectionately called them the "Scrub Squad". Turns out they weren't so scrubby after all. I'll be honest, though: the only class I picked because of their skillset was the War Magus, as I was unfamiliar with the others and I wanted to try them out. I have since learned that at least three of them originated in EO3, which I never played.

• Hero is a "can-do-everything" kind of deal and ridiculously strong and tanky
  • Shogun focuses on multi-hit attacks and learns several great skills to emphasize that
  • Zodiac for magic and elemental damage in general. They're far from weak: they get Meteor later on and it's about what you expect, a super powerful non-elemental spell that hits multiple times. They also get a charge skill that works like Concentration in SMTIV (doubles magic damage of the next attack used by that character) and several skills that passively boost elemental damage. They even get one that boosts damage when you hit an enemies' weakness
  • War Magus for healing and that sweet, still as broken as ever Random Disease+Ailing Slash combo when there's nothing to heal at that point (the War Magus class outclasses the Medic in pretty much every way possible, because their heals actually trigger twice: once at the start of the turn and once again at the end of the turn)
  • the Farmer is there, because they learn a skill that increases your EXP gain. They can also spread some ailments around and are just overall helpful when farming (get it?) materials, because they get passives that make that easier, too. They even get a skill that makes them pick up materials (even monster drops) randomly while walking around. If you're worried about the Farmer's combat, don't be. They learn plenty of attack skills, too; their best one is the one that binds a random body part of the entire enemy group. And they can debuff ailing targets, as well as use a gun for normal attacks from the back row (yes, you can resurrect the "Farmer With Shotgun" meme in this game).

I beat the entire game with this team, even the post game dungeon wasn't too much of an issue. I don't know if you know, but (spoilering it just in case you don't want to see it)

Subclassing from EOIV is a thing here. I had my Farmer sub a Medic for more support utility, my War Magus got Arcanist for more effective ailments and debuffs for more utility, my Shogun had Nightseeker for Blade Flurry (a skill that lets you attack twice if you have two weapons equipped), I don't actually remember what my Hero's sub was, and my Zodiac had Imperial as a subclass for another passive elemental damage-boosting skill.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Best Friends" ceremony? More like a thinly veiled wedding.

I was expecting Marvelous to play it a little less blatantly obvious if they wouldn't go so far as to say marriage. How exactly were they thinking this could be localized as whatever different languages/countries wanted it to be localized as?

Oh, have the game? Cool. Or not?

Probably that was the intention. So it could be proper for those who would localize it as "marriage". As for those that wouldn't... well, perhaps in this day and age so long the label doesn't say it outright, it could be overlooked.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

are followed by the longest cutscene in the game, clocking in at 24 minutes.

Yeowch, understandable, but yeowch. I'll have to adjust my Switch's auto-dimmer/Sleep Mode setting for something this long.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Tl;dr, gameplay wise, Ch.10 is very short. It does have the longest cutscene in the game so you could argue that the chapter is overall longer than Ch.9 but yeah, you're like 95% done with the main story.

Thank you! 

And random question for you. If X2 is on the other side of Mira, and we got another five distinct regions, any themes you'd to see

If you don't mind, some of my musings on the matter:

Spoiler

I'd want a fully fleshed out "Tropical" theme, since the territorial Waters of X1 were so tiny. Nor have XC1 or XC2 really tackled tropical per se. Eryth Sea and the Leftherian Archipelago have coral-like plants and an island-like feel (and those amazing Leftherian tunnels), but neither is truly tropical. Eryth felt more freshwater to me and has its sci-fi touch, while Leiftheria was very cloud/sky. Although the Fallen Arm has its sublime theme of the mechanical rusting away to nature, neither Bionis nor Mechonis, it still wasn't tropical either. Maybe make this the starter region? Tropical sounds like an "easy to survive in" climate, friendly to having a lot of low-leveled indigens.

Tundra seems inevitable, X is the only -blade game without one. I'm thinking they could include a lot of ancient Miranian ruins preserved in ice; the place where Fei met the WE, and the place the Monado was originally sealed, were both icy. I'd pin this as being a "later region" the way Cauldros was, you're free to go there early, but you'll find the enemies on average much stronger than in other places. I'd just ask Monolith to not have the region always turn a warm orange/neon green or any other color at night, I'd be fine with a weather condition that does something like that, but I don't want it omnipresent as they've already done that twice.

Those are the only two things I realistically expect.

But, that artwork of Mira you've shown before, look down at southern pole of the planet. The purplish aurora in the sky above there makes me think of a potential "Eternal Night" theme.

By that, I mean a region that would have a day and night cycle, but the "day" doesn't look like an ordinary day with the sun all bright and a light blue sky. The impression would be a land of darkness, and maybe evening/twilight.

My concerns with this though are:

1. Too much purple and black, not enough other colors. It'd look dreary.
  2. Since everything looks the same and the sky is dark, it'd be dreadful navigating the region and not getting lost.
  3. "Darkness environments" bring marshes and canyons and maybe some alpine/deciduous forests to mind. It could be possibly too samey and not unique enough.

Which is why I'm really cautious in wanting such a region. It could be done well, but over an entire region, is that too much? Maybe make a region half-Noontime Moon and half-Midnight Sun (all day all the time)? But how to make that look natural? 

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

If you're worried about the Farmer's combat, don't be. They learn plenty of attack skills, too; their best one is the one that binds a random body part of the entire enemy group. And they can debuff ailing targets, as well as use a gun for normal attacks from the back row (yes, you can resurrect the "Farmer With Shotgun" meme in this game).

Thank you! Then I'll do backline Farmer and frontline Ninja then, with the Conch going to a backup combat unit then.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I have since learned that at least three of them originated in EO3, which I never played.

Same here, I never played either. IV was my first, and I've never gone back to the older ones. I've read that III was terribly imbalanced though. Bind/Ailments were horrendous, Monks (East Asian style) couldn't use their martial arts well because no fist weapons, subclassing was too unrestricted. Shame, because the game has so many cool-looking classes. Except for Yggdroid:

latest?cb=20120520051109

and I read this, and it ain't very complementary of the class. Note there is no EOV summon row for the bots in EOIII (nor a Ninja's clones, or a Wildling's beasts). What a waste of a cool idea.

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, have the game? Cool. Or not?

I don't understand Japanese, so no. Some random poster said they found an English option with hacking, but no evidence, nor quality of translation stated.

I saw a gaming news article showing these pictures, posted from somebody's Twitter account. And yet I have not seen anyone put up male-male pics yet. Shouldn't take too long though, the game has been out for a week.

And random question for you. If X2 is on the other side of Mira, and we got another five distinct regions, any themes you'd to see

Well let's see.

1. A fully submerged region. Revisitng that idea we discussed earlier, you'd explore it with submergable Skells but, in a similar way to Leftheria's underwater tunnels, there are also portions of the region like that, only on a much grander scale. These you can explore on foot. 
  2. Definitly a tundra region. Xenoblade 1 and 2 already have some of my favorite snow location in gaming and X would not disapoint on that front. However, to make it more unique compared to Xenoblade 1's Valak Mountain and Xenoblade 2's Kingdom of Tantal, i think the tundra region of X can be more.....flatter. Valak Mountain is, well, a mountain but Tantal's also somewhat mountaness too. So i think having a flatter snow region in X would be interesting.
  3. For the sake of speculation, let's assume that the ancient Miraians were advanced enough to terraform an entire continent into a city. Kinda like Coruscant from Star Wars, except it's just a continent and not a planet (and also unlike the planet-wide city, this continental city is a ruin). Since this city would be in ruins, there are signs of nature slowly taking the continent back but since the city was so advanced, the progress of that is slow. Enough has happened where you can see nature in this marvelous city but not enough of it has happened, since the city would still somewhat entact and machinery can still be operated (perhaps some of these machines can make up the indigens of the continent). Besides, giant cities like that have already been explored in Xeno. Both the Eldridge from Xenogears and the Dammerung from Xenosaga were bigger cities, but in spaceships rather than planets (although the Episode I and III database essentially describe the Dammerung as an artificial planet).

That's what i've got for now.

But, that artwork of Mira you've shown before, look down at southern pole of the planet. The purplish aurora in the sky above there makes me think of a potential "Eternal Night" theme.

By that, I mean a region that would have a day and night cycle, but the "day" doesn't look like an ordinary day with the sun all bright and a light blue sky. The impression would be a land of darkness, and maybe evening/twilight.

My concerns with this though are:

1. Too much purple and black, not enough other colors. It'd look dreary.
  2. Since everything looks the same and the sky is dark, it'd be dreadful navigating the region and not getting lost.
  3. "Darkness environments" bring marshes and canyons and maybe some alpine/deciduous forests to mind. It could be possibly too samey and not unique enough.

Which is why I'm really cautious in wanting such a region. It could be done well, but over an entire region, is that too much? Maybe make a region half-Noontime Moon and half-Midnight Sun (all day all the time)? But how to make that look natural? 

I think a region like this could get away with some bio-luminescne. Satorl Marsh and Sylvalum have both already done this during their night cycles but if you're gonna make a region that's always at night, it should be pleasent to look at. Plus, it makes sense from an evironmental standpoint (not that Mira cares for such things). Just like how bio-luminsecent creatures exist in the darkness of the deep ocean, a similar thing can happen in this "night region".

Edited by Armagon

I finished Azure Moon the other day, so I suppose I'll share some of my thoughts on it. Spoilers for AM and Verdant Wind:

Spoiler

Back when I was playing through Verdant Wind I assumed Crimson Flower and Azure Moon would focus mainly on the Edelgard/Dimitri conflict. And I was right; AM is detached from basically everything except the Edelgard/Dimitri conflict and the Tragedy of Duscur. I imagine I would be a bit disappointed if I played it as my first route, since it doesn't follow up on any of the questions unrelated to Dimitri's arc. In fact Rhea is completely absent from the game after the time skip, which I found unusual considering how important she is to White Clouds. I didn't mind TWSIND not being focused on though, since they mainly work in the background anyway.

On to the bright side, Dimitri's character arc is quite good, as it should be because AM devotes itself entirely to it. I thought Edelgard was an appropriate final boss and it was nice learning about her and Dimitri's prior relationship. Though Fódlan is at peace by the end of both AM and VW (and AM has two of the lords surviving instead of just one), AM's ending felt more bittersweet since it ends on the note of Dimitri and Edelgard being unable to reconcile compared to Byleth and Claude being triumphant over Nemesis.

I don't plan on starting Crimson Flower until Jeritza becomes playable, but I might start a Black Eagles playthrough beforehand if I feel like it (and go for Silver Snow if I somehow get that far before Wave 3 of the DLC).

Also on that some day I saw Avengers Endgame for the first time, and I'm proud that I never needed to go for a bathroom break. My sister loved it despite having no exposure to the MCU aside from the first half of Spider-Man Homecoming, and she followed along better than I expected.

Edited by Lightchao42

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you! Then I'll do backline Farmer and frontline Ninja then, with the Conch going to a backup combat unit then.

Always happy to help!

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same here, I never played either. IV was my first, and I've never gone back to the older ones. I've read that III was terribly imbalanced though. Bind/Ailments were horrendous, Monks (East Asian style) couldn't use their martial arts well because no fist weapons, subclassing was too unrestricted. Shame, because the game has so many cool-looking classes. Except for Yggdroid:

latest?cb=20120520051109

and I read this, and it ain't very complementary of the class. Note there is no EOV summon row for the bots in EOIII (nor a Ninja's clones, or a Wildling's beasts). What a waste of a cool idea.

My first EO game was Untold 1 and I had a ton of fun with it. IV was my second, then Untold 2 came out.
Also, what the heck is that dumb looking thing?

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Now this is truly a tragedy.

Male units not being Pesagus Knights? Then what about Subaki and Shigure? What about Ryoma being able to Heart Seal into a Falcon Knight? What about all the males that can S-Rank/A+ Rank with a unit that has access to Pegasus Knight? WHAT ABOUT MALE CORRIN HAVING FALCON KNIGHT TALENT???

Oh wait...

Fates is one of the most recent games and is different in terms of lore...