The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

where you can get the repair materials it gives you enough to repair it multipe times iirc.

Yeah but it's expensive to repair it when that money could go into other investments.

56 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, the accuracy is rather iffy.

Ehhhhhh i've landed most Amyr Galeforce hits. Axe accuracy actually isn't terrible in this game.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Blue Lions, I for some reason thought it would be 23 chapters, not 22, oh well. I thought it odd that 

Spoiler

Grandma would be so strong for a penultimate boss.

The siege magic was strong, but floating Granny with the long claw of the evil law wasn't really an issue. I also learned firsthand fairly eleventh hour how good Alert Stance+ is.

With this, I've done every 3H route but Silver Snow, which I'll save until the final DLC wave releases, then I'll see about buying it for the four new characters and using them as part of an SS run where at a certain point I'll sub in as many Seiros people as I can by Chapter 14, so everyone but Gil. Byleth + Seiros 8 + DLC 4 + Anna = 14 characters. The most any map allows is 12, but I don't care for Anna, and picking someone to leave out, not sure who that'd be.

For now, it's my Christmas gifts that take up my Switch, the comfortable DQXI, the less than technically perfect Bloodstained, the non-RPG fun of Luigi's Mansion 3, and the totally new to my gaming palette Civilization VI.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With this, I've done every 3H route but Silver Snow, which I'll save until the final DLC wave releases, then I'll see about buying it for the four new characters and using them as part of an SS run where at a certain point I'll sub in as many Seiros people as I can by Chapter 14, so everyone but Gil. Byleth + Seiros 8 + DLC 4 + Anna = 14 characters. The most any map allows is 12, but I don't care for Anna, and picking someone to leave out, not sure who that'd be.

I wonder if it'll be the Cipher quartet again...

Hard Classic. And I'm not opposed to using Divine Pulses, which leads to some stupid mistakes and overaggressiveness on my part sometimes.

I did a lot of grinding, since I skipped on exploring the Monastery and wanted to spend my team on something other than Skip/Rest/Seminars, my team was almost universally between 40 and 45 at BL's end, but this didn't stop the enemies from packing the hurt, it'd be really tough if I hadn't so many levels. I'd have to slow down and whittle away everything at chokepoints. I'm glad I never really had to do that b/c of the mindless grinding.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hard Classic. And I'm not opposed to using Divine Pulses, which leads to some stupid mistakes and overaggressiveness on my part sometimes.

I did a lot of grinding, since I skipped on exploring the Monastery and wanted to spend my team on something other than Skip/Rest/Seminars, my team was almost universally between 40 and 45 at BL's end, but this didn't stop the enemies from packing the hurt, it'd be really tough if I hadn't so many levels. I'd have to slow down and whittle away everything at chokepoints. I'm glad I never really had to do that b/c of the mindless grinding.

Ah, alright. I played BL on both Hard and Maddening. I think it might be worth it for you to try Maddening, if you want to be kept on your toes, it has a weird curve, the beginning is very hard, it begins to even out by the mid to end of part 1, and gets difficult again starting part 2. I noticed you said the final boss specifically of BL was nothing to worry about, if you would want to experience that map where with the final boss being a visible threat, I would try or at least look at Maddening, because they absolutely are a threat in Maddening.

I do think Hard is a fine difficulty, but I think Maddening helped me appreciate the game a bit more, even if the beginning is a bit of a mess, I think it mostly becomes a pretty nice challenge, for the most part, discounting Chapter 13, which is a hot mess.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...Are we sure Falcom didn't work on FE16 XD

Reveal hidden contents

20191227_035436.jpg

Ancient Society [x]
High Tech [x]
Mysterious goals [x]
Strange Powers [x]
Infiltrated the continent [x]

Spoiler

Funny you mention that because just like Ouroborous, the Slithers are the biggest stain in the game's story

Chapter 7 in FE5 is one of the most pointless maps in existence... 

Spoiler

... if Shiva was killed in chapter 2x.

There's no real opponent to deal with except for cavalier reinforcements who can be stopped by placing someone (preferred Asbel) next to the spot where the boss will spawn. 

Otherwise there is nothing to do, basically just arena grinding after a day walk. 

Also Light Brand and Grafcalibur broke already which is bad sign because I never ever had a personal weapon broken so early at this point. Thankfully my Asbel is promoted, so he could use other tomes now. 

Statwise Fergus is absolutely amazing. He got lots of great levels even without scrolls, better than Leif with. 

Edited by Zemuria

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ehhhhhh i've landed most Amyr Galeforce hits. Axe accuracy actually isn't terrible in this game.

I don't trust that accuracy though - only 70 base hit on a combat art that burns through 1/5 of your weapon? When said weapon requires a really rare material to repair and is expensive to repair to boot? Odds are anything that would warrant it would be better dealt with by other means...

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't trust that accuracy though - only 70 base hit on a combat art that burns through 1/5 of your weapon? When said weapon requires a really rare material to repair and is expensive to repair to boot? Odds are anything that would warrant it would be better dealt with by other means...

Well the only time i use it is when fighting the final boss because i really don't feel like breaking all the barriers. If it breaks then, it's not gonna matter because the game's over.

On 12/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

The artstyle reminded me of a recently released game called 13 Sentinels:

003.jpg

Which got a very NSFW PS4 wallpaper in Japan. It's the last image on this page scrolling down. https://personacentral.com/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-ps4-theme-change/

Looking at this picture, it does look similar, that's true.

On 12/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, Shadow Mir said:

I hate low man maps in general. Too much chance for shit to go wrong.

Yup.
One of these was the reason FE5 beat me instead of the other way around.

On 12/26/2019 at 5:44 PM, Shrimperor said:

I disagree with that. Bosses being too cheeseable makes games boring

On a first playthrough, yes.
On a New Game Plus run or second playthroughs in general, I LOVE curbstomping and cheesing the hell out of bosses. Especially the ones that gave me a hard time during the first battle against them. So satisfying.

One example of some cheesing you can do in Bravely Second: There is a certain skill a lategame class learns (as in, you only get the class very late into the game) that puts up a barrier which reflects physical attacks back at the enemy. The best part: it can stack with other countering skills.
There are some really hard earlygame bosses that exclusively use physical attacks.
You can imagine the results yourself, but suffice it to say, it's pretty damn satisfying to watch bosses that can one shot you on a first playthrough - when you're still weak and don't have a lot of tools at your disposal to oppose them - kill themselves with their own moves. XD

19 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlamesMy Caspar and a Bonus Dorothea

Reveal hidden contents

YtEON6m.jpg
iGJRnZn.jpg

Also man, Edel's chapter is gonna be a bitch.

Those two are blessed. Like, actually blessed.
I had Dorothea reach 40+ Magic before, but of the three Black Eagles playthroughs I've done (two times Crimson Flower, one time Silver Snow), she only managed it once, so I imagine it's pretty rare for her to do that. Awesome!

Well, Vestaria's finally released. Saw the price is 186 MXN. Good, could've been able to buy it. I type "could've" since the 200 I intended to use... well, ended up using them for other stuff.

Perhaps next time...

The Mandalorian season 1 ended today and it won't be until a whole year that we get season 2. I am sad. But then i remember that The Clone Wars season 7 starts in February. I am happy.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

On a first playthrough, yes.
On a New Game Plus run or second playthroughs in general, I LOVE curbstomping and cheesing the hell out of bosses. Especially the ones that gave me a hard time during the first battle against them. So satisfying.

One example of some cheesing you can do in Bravely Second: There is a certain skill a lategame class learns (as in, you only get the class very late into the game) that puts up a barrier which reflects physical attacks back at the enemy. The best part: it can stack with other countering skills.
There are some really hard earlygame bosses that exclusively use physical attacks.
You can imagine the results yourself, but suffice it to say, it's pretty damn satisfying to watch bosses that can one shot you on a first playthrough - when you're still weak and don't have a lot of tools at your disposal to oppose them - kill themselves with their own moves. XD

Speaking of Bravely Second, Geist forced me to cheese him (via draining all his MP) to win - I mean, it's bad enough that he can undo turns where he took particularly large damage, but he has adds that have an attack that lowers your HP to 1 if it hits (which he can call more of, in case you thought to get rid of them all first), and he can - and will - render any of your attempts to heal meaningless. Trying to fight him without using Benevolence Wall on him would've been an exercise in frustration.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of Bravely Second, Geist forced me to cheese him (via draining all his MP) to win - I mean, it's bad enough that he can undo turns where he took particularly large damage, but he has adds that have an attack that lowers your HP to 1 if it hits (which he can call more of, in case you thought to get rid of them all first), and he can - and will - render any of your attempts to heal meaningless. Trying to fight him without using Benevolence Wall on him would've been an exercise in frustration.

UNDO!!!
Yeah, that fight was annoying as hell, that's true. The character was pretty cool, though.

I recall there being a scripted event during the battle that makes his Undo powers less broken, which makes it easier to kill him.
Also, Defaulting until one hit Max Brave points and then going all out on him helped a lot. Though I honestly don't recall my exact method of beating him the first time around. I think I lucked out or something.
On a New Game+, this fight gets hilarious when you have your own Undo!!! guy.

Edited by DragonFlames

On 12/23/2019 at 3:41 AM, DragonFlames said:

The final battle of Nights of Azure is hype incarnate. Holy crap...
That boss will kick your ass into next week if you're not careful, but god damn if it isn't so much fun!
Not to mention that battle theme...
I finally got the True Ending to the game, too. The mechanics behind that are kinda weird, though: You have to defeat the final boss, get one of the Normal Endings (which one you'll get is determined by certain choices you made throughout the game), then beat two super hard extra bosses (which I couldn't do until today because I was BAAAAAAD), then beat the final boss AGAIN to get the True Ending (or Extra Ending, as the game calls it).

Lemme guess - there's more to getting the extra ending than this, isn't there...

Just played Xenoblade 2's DLC battles and forgot how annoying they are. i'm still unsure of a solid strategy to complete some of them, and am convinced that the party gauge lock/draining moves are there to get on the players nerves.

Thousands of years of human evolution have led up to this moment. We have peaked as a species.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just played Xenoblade 2's DLC battles and forgot how annoying they are. i'm still unsure of a solid strategy to complete some of them, and am convinced that the party gauge lock/draining moves are there to get on the players nerves.

The party gauge lock/draining stuff is definitly my least favorite part of the mode because there's no counter it outside of "kill whatever is causing it". The special Ardanian challenge in particular is a good example of how frusterating the mechanic is.

Edited by Armagon