The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And of course, the game ain't over yet!

Today, it might be considered cliché or expected; but I can only imagine how unexpected of a twist it must've been back thirty years ago when this was a novelty, I'd think. Hmm, to think, this game is over thirty years old...

(Continues snoring) 

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 went Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse on me.
Except that Pyra is much prettier (and friendlier) than Dagda (unless your taste differs, of course).
I was waiting on her saying "Hate to break it to ya, kid. You're dead" in a vaguely Irish accent, though. XD

For real, though, the hype levels for this game are through the f***ing roof right now.
Although getting blindsided by some level 18 bird things during a battle against level 7-8 trash mobs was a bit BS, I gotta say.

Also, did I mention that this game is beautiful? Because this game is f***ing beautiful:
oPiVMg5.jpg
9K6xKRz.jpg

And now I really have to ask: What is GameFreak's excuse again?

@Armagon How screwed would I be if I attempted to fight this thing right now (currently level 10)?
OeTpBAm.jpg

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

@Armagon How screwed would I be if I attempted to fight this thing right now (currently level 10)?
OeTpBAm.jpg

Very screwed. Also, there’s something like a level 81 Gogol in one area. Unless enemies in this game don’t attack you on sight... yeah.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Very screwed. Also, there’s something like a level 81 Gogol in one area. Unless enemies in this game don’t attack you on sight... yeah.

Figures.
I saw a level 91 enemy in that area, too. The moment I saw it I was like
giphy.gif

TkWws3H.jpg

Having a Mage with huge range spell access (imagine Meteor/Bolting, every turn) in what is akin to a defence map is amazing....

Especially when said Mage get's double turns pretty often thanks to her high JDG (Imagine Speed in Trails. High JDG = faster turns). Well, casting Magic also works akin to Trails (Cast time and stuff), but it's usually pretty low cast time.

Sure, you can't move and cast at the same turn, and it hurts on big maps, but on mid size ones like this it's good. Really good.

Ok so i gave up on the final boss of Escha & Logy. That thing is too gimmicky for my liking. But, i'm not upset because i still completed the main objective of the game and got one of the character endings. All's well that ends well. Up next, Atelier Shallie. The game that said goodbye to the time-limits. I'll write up a review later. But the tl;dr, i enjoyed this game a lot. My current third favorite Atelier game. Lulua > Ryza > Escha & Logy > Rorona > Meruru >Ayesha >>>> Totori.

46 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Although getting blindsided by some level 18 bird things during a battle against level 7-8 trash mobs was a bit BS, I gotta say.

You get used to it. Though tbh, this doesn't happen too often. Just keep an eye out on enemies' paths and you should be fine.

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And now I really have to ask: What is GameFreak's excuse again?

Monolith Soft only had 40 people working on Xenoblade 2 because the rest of the staff was busy with Breath of the Wild and they were still able to put out this gorgeous game. So yeah, what is Game Freak's excuse.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Figures.
I saw a level 91 enemy in that area, too. The moment I saw it I was like
giphy.gif

It was the T-rex, wasn't it?

Yeah, you're in the part of the game that teaches you rule one of Xenoblade: just because you're in a low-level area doesn't mean you're at the top of the food chain. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They have fans that will pay for anything. Why should they bother then?

This is why "vote with your wallet" doesn't work for something as big as Pokemon. 

I've moved past the point of caring tbh. The new Pokemon look cool yeah, but the overall game just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

But hey, at least proper Pokemon spin-offs are making a comeback. Rescue Team DX babyyyyy. Don't know if i'll get it a launch tho, it comes out exactly the week after Rune Factory 4 Special, a game that will devour my free time......holy shit, Rune Factory 4 Special comes out in two weeks. And Clone Wars comes back in a few days.

giphy_1.gif

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeaaaaah, spring is filled with games xD

A lot of stuff got pushed back to April or later tho. Before, everyone was just horny for March but now the big March releases are: Rescue Team DX, Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Doom Eternal, the later two being on the same day. That, of course, has spawned countless memes, one of them being a cute characters buying Doom Eternal while the grittier characters buy Animal Crossing. My favorite variant of that meme is this one

Edit: wait, April is still spring tho. I forgot. Oops.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit: wait, April is still spring tho. I forgot. Oops.

Dw, soon enough Spring won't exist anymore and we will have only Winter and summer

Edited by Shrimperor

I'd say, there's a very peculiar thing now that I've reached Alefgard again. One guy in Tantegel comments that Zoma appeared crawling out of a large fissure deep in a cave that seems bottomless. Seemingly bottomless pit in a cave was already a thing on "Earth" with the Pit of Giaga, where Baramos came from... and ended up leading to Alefgard.

Is the game kinda implying there may be a third world underneath both Alefgard and Fantasy!Earth from which Zoma came from? Peculiar...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh right, I've been meaning to ask. @Interdimensional Observer, are Duo Attacks in TMS random? Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't but I wanna know if there's any consistency to it.

I think its random, I sorta wish it wasn't, because Ad-Libs already provide a spectacular random element to battles.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

giphy.gif

I love octopi, their mimicry abilities far surpass any chameleon's. Intelligent creatures too.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Soooo, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 went Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse on me.
Except that Pyra is much prettier (and friendlier) than Dagda (unless your taste differs, of course).
I was waiting on her saying "Hate to break it to ya, kid. You're dead" in a vaguely Irish accent, though. XD

Beautiful imagery you've given me. Now I must envision her constantly blabbering to Rex that he's her Godslayer, best obey and agree that friends suck, because he has no choice. Now if only I could imagine a Divine Powers to contrast her with, I need to find a funny Krishna replacement especially.

...I just did a whole bunch of counting/arithmetic I probably didn't have to do if I just looked at a Wiki.

List of total Supports per FE:

• Binding Blade- 141
  • Blazing Blade- 114
  • Sacred Stones- 82
  • Path of Radiance- 70 (and evidence of 33 scrapped Supports in the data)
  • New Mystery of the Emblem:
    • 63 Kris supports, which is actually somewhere between 63 and 126, due to Kris’s variable gender. Some supports are totally different based on gender, some partially deviate, others not at all. I’m not going to look at each of these individually.
    • 31 Non-Kris supports. Of which, 6 are exclusively between Minerva and the Whitewings. Est gets yet another with Abel (who doesn’t get one with Cain), and Minerva a two-parter with Michalis. So a roughly 1/3 of Non-Kris supports belong to four characters in a cast of over 60 support candidates.
  • Shadows of Valentia- 26, +2 Cipher DLC Supports, +5 Rise of the Deliverance DLC Supports.

Awakening: 234 Non-Robin Non-“Generic” Parent-Child or Siblings Supports (Bond DLC Not Included)

• Robin Supports = Between 48 and 96. 49 Awakening characters with supports exist, one is Robin, Robin supports everyone, so 48. But Robin’s variable gender means supports can be entirely different depending on which you choose. But I don’t know if, barring Ss existing or not, that they are always very different, and I’m not going to take the time to check. I ignore generic parent-child supports for this count, being generic.
  • Generic Parent-Child and Sibling Supports number 206.

Fates, All Routes Combined, Non-Corrin, Non-Generic Parent-Child/Sibling- 450

• Corrin Supports =  71-142 Supports. Fates has 69 characters counting the Kanas and Corrins separately. Again, the role of sex means supports can deviate and I ain’t inspecting that. But, Azura has different Corrin supports based on route, so it’s actually 71 supports per Corrin.

...And then FE Wiki I saw had already counted 304 Three Houses supports, 276 without DLC. If it's accurate, then what I had just done for every other game was likely unnecessary.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think its random, I sorta wish it wasn't, because Ad-Libs already provide a spectacular random element to battles.

I figured. I actually got two Duo Attacks in a row, so i was able to hit a record of 23 Sessions. 

Since Duo Attacks are random, that means that one person that got a 99 Session got really lucky (but the game crashed after that because it never ended so maybe it is fine that Duo Attacks are random).

Edited by Armagon

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Since Duo Attacks are random, that means that one person that got a 99 Session got really lucky (but the game crashed after that because it never ended so maybe it is fine that Duo Attacks are random).

I never saw more than two, so I want to say thats totally hacking. I noticed that characters can only participate in one Duo Art per Session, and afterwards the characters won't participate in the Session triggered by the Duo Art, nor anyone who participated in another Duo Art in the same Session. 

So unless Encore changed things, a 99 Session was absolutely hacking, hence the crash.

And, 236 employees is 12 more than last year, 224. I hope they have degrees in alien planet design.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never saw more than two, so I want to say thats totally hacking. I noticed that characters can only participate in one Duo Art per Session, and afterwards the characters won't participate in the Session triggered by the Duo Art, nor anyone who participated in another Duo Art in the same Session. 

So unless Encore changed things, a 99 Session was absolutely hacking, hence the crash.

You know, i think i experienced a Mandela Effect, because i cannot find where i read about the guy getting 99 Sessions. I could've sworn i read about it but i cannot find it.