The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

At the process i am going i will replace the whole of CS3 soundtrack with CS1 soundrack 

377110562116468766.png?v=1

*Insert Ojou-laugh here*
Dunno why, but that emoticon made me think of that. XD

you finally got your Rean moment, eh? xD

Yup, Otsuu is to me what Rean is to you. Her presence absolutely ruins the entire story for me.
She's a massive asshole to anyone who doesn't have lady parts - and even then the only person she's "nice" to is Little Mermaid - nice in quotation marks because whenever she talks to Little Mermaid, she basically comes across as an unholy fusion between the *Tips Fedora*/"M'lady" meme and a Simp, meaning her niceness appears fake as hell.
Why couldn't Alice have been the main character instead? Why, why, why?!?

doesn't flow as well xD

But it's still quite accurate. Thanks! XD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oooof.

I can't think of any time this has happened to me. I mean, sometimes i will dislike a main character in a series i like but never enough to where it's painful to play the game.

It doesn't feel good, I can tell you that much.
It usually takes a lot to make me quit playing a game, reasons that so far haven't had anything to do with the main character being bad. Hell, I had games where the main character wasn't my favorite (Xenoblade 2 comes to mind (I don't hate Rex, though)), but I was still able to stomach them. Otsuu hits all the wrong notes with me and it just ruins the entire thing.

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

*Insert Ojou-laugh here*
Dunno why, but that emoticon made me think of that. XD

365261355776999424.png?v=1

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, Otsuu is to me what Rean is to you. Her presence absolutely ruins the entire story for me.
She's a massive asshole to anyone who doesn't have lady parts - and even then the only person she's "nice" to is Little Mermaid - nice in quotation marks because whenever she talks to Little Mermaid, she basically comes across as an unholy fusion between the *Tips Fedora*/"M'lady" meme and a Simp, meaning her niceness appears fake as hell.
Why couldn't Alice have been the main character instead? Why, why, why?!?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOF

That sounds awful

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

365261355776999424.png?v=1

This looks kinda lewd out of context, ngl.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOF

That sounds awful

It is. It absolutely is.
Jack may have been everyone's punching bag and maybe he didn't have the most interesting personality, but at least the guy was still likeable.

---

You wanna know what's better than one Nep?
gnFIWGV.jpg
FOUR NEPS!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This looks kinda lewd out of context, ngl

398964431671001089.png?v=1

do i need to start spamming lewdmojis

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

FOUR NEPS!

#TeamPlaneptune

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wanted to look up the origin of her name, because since every Mary Skelter character is named after a fairy tale, i wanted to know if there was some correlation.

Otsuu is named after the Japanese folklore story Tsuru no Ongaeshi or Crane's Return of a Favor. The story goes as follows

A man saves a crane that got shot down by hunters. That night, a beautiful girl appears at the man's door and tells him that she is his wife. The man tells her that he is not wealthy enough to support them, but she tells him that she has a bag of rice that will fill their stomachs. Every day, the rice never goes down in the sack, and it always stays full. The next day she tells the man that she is going in a room to make something and that he is not to come in until she is finished. Seven days have passed by and she finally comes out with a beautiful piece of clothing, but she is very skinny. She tells the man to go to the markets the next morning and to sell this for a very large price. He comes back home and tells her that he sold it for a very good price. After that, they are now wealthy. The wife then goes back into the room and tell him once again not to come in until she is finished. The man's curiosity took over him and he peeked in, realizing that the woman is not actually his wife, for she is the crane that he saved. When the crane saw that the man has found out her true identity, she said that she can not stay there anymore and flies away to never come back.

There is also a variation called Tsuru Nyobo or Crane Wife.

a man marries a woman who is in fact a crane disguised as a human. To make money the crane wife plucks her own feathers to weave silk brocade which the man sells, but she becomes increasingly ill as she does so. When the man discovers his wife's true identity and the nature of her illness, devastated by the truth he demands her to stop, she said she was doing it for love, for them. The man said that love exists without sacrifices but he was wrong. He who lives without sacrifices for someone else doesn't deserve to be with a crane

Um, i don't know how accurate Mary Skelter characters are to the fairy tales they are named after (apart from like, design) buuuuuuuuuuuuut i fail to see a correlation.

Ah well, at least we both learned something new today.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

do i need to start spamming lewdmojis

I think you'll get banned if you do.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

#TeamPlaneptune

Team Planeptune. Turning epic boss fights into meme fests since time immemorial.
Pudding + Nepgeardam = the ultimate way to make epic boss fights funny
Quadruple the Nep, quadruple the fun.
Team Planeptune. Now with 100% more Nepgya.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wanted to look up the origin of her name, because since every Mary Skelter character is named after a fairy tale, i wanted to know if there was some correlation.

Otsuu is named after the Japanese folklore story Tsuru no Ongaeshi or Crane's Return of a Favor. The story goes as follows

There is also a variation called Tsuru Nyobo or Crane Wife.

Um, i don't know how accurate Mary Skelter characters are to the fairy tales they are named after (apart from like, design) buuuuuuuuuuuuut i fail to see a correlation.

Ah well, at least we both learned something new today.

Those stories are kinda sweet, especially the first one. I fail to see any correlation between the story and the character, too, but that was an interesting read. Thank you for that!

The correlation between the characters and the stories they are named after is usually something the character is obsessed with (called a Blood Libido):
Jack subconsciously wants to climb high places, Alice possesses sudden knowledge on tea parties after seeing a particularly old tea set in a store, Rapunzel doesn't want her hair to be cut and she wants to produce offspring, Cinderella feels a need to become more beautiful and is exceptionally good at cleaning, Snow White fears mirrors, Sleeping Beauty sleeps a lot (obviously), Thumbelina loves cramped places, Hameln gets nervous when groups don't march in an orderly manner, Gretel is very inquisitive and has a sweet tooth, Kaguya is lazy and feels like she needs to go somewhere far away (even though she doesn't want to), and Red Riding Hood always needs to have something on her head.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
...even if they are only lewd expressions? xD

I wouldn't take any chances with stuff like that. I had a Blood Skelter Mode meme I wanted to post but didn't due to Blood Skelter Mode being... well, not the most tame example of Iffy fanservice, to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Can't have lewd exressions when Flayn is watching.

I think Flayn would be okay with it, though.

Just now, Armagon said:

So what you're saying is.......he wants the high ground.

LMAO!
I'm legitimately in tears right now! XD

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So what you're saying is.......he wants the high ground.

933663382f748f7fdc6aa460f4e176c556e3be68

The high ground is what all true warriors strive for.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I think Flayn would be okay with it, though.

Of course she would but Seteth wouldn't be okay with it.

Yo

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That latest Clone Wars episode was so good. We got two more episodes left but the Siege of Mandalore arc is really about to become the best arc in the show. I actually wouldn't mind if they strung these together as a movie just like they did with the Clone Wars movie in 2008.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Of the three samples we've gotten (well, four but one of them is brand new), the only one i wasn't completely onboard with is the remastered version of Engage the Enemy.

I dunno, I just dont like the instruments they switch, or the pacing of the theme is usually changed way too much and it doesnt feel the same.

Today on what should've been CS1

H Y P E
Y
P
E

The True Ao Sequel (with modded in Ao music for added effect)

Spoiler

FSItqfT.png

GO!
LOLICON
DIVE!

wait wait, it's Lolicon Fall now

Spoiler

J7tf2U6.png

GO DOWN!

Spoiler

EThCE1Q.png

Victory! Wooohoooooo hypu!...

Spoiler

i6NpB6R.png

But of course...
It wouldn't be Cold Steel if it didn't ruin my day somehow

Spoiler

SKcZmzS.png

Worst thing ever added to Trails.

Oh hey, it's Lolivier!

Spoiler

bORsjAB.png

*inhales* Rodan. My boy. You need to stop getting your ass kicked in every movie you're in.

Well ok, credit where credit is due, Rodan is kinda badass in King of the Monsters. But in his debut film and Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II, he's.......a pushover. 

....I once saw someone call Rodan the Starscream of the Godzilla franchise and that's becoming more accurate with each Rodan incarnation i see.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Today on what should've been CS1

H Y P E
Y
P
E

The True Ao Sequel (with modded in Ao music for added effect)

Reveal hidden contents

FSItqfT.png

GO!
LOLICON
DIVE!

wait wait, it's Lolicon Fall now

Reveal hidden contents

J7tf2U6.png

GO DOWN!

Reveal hidden contents

EThCE1Q.png

Victory! Wooohoooooo hypu!...

Reveal hidden contents

i6NpB6R.png

Oh hey, it's the best part of CS3. It's all downhill from here (meaning it'll never get as good as this again. There are still good parts in there, just not... that good).
Well, except for one lategame thing that I am obligated to love, because, y'know...

dragons.

---

cHUWpck.jpg

The world was not ready for this.

You know how I can tell that a game is awesome? When hype moments are still just as much hype as they were on my first playthrough no matter how many times I see them.
Case in point: see above.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

cHUWpck.jpg

You know how I can tell that a game is awesome? When hype moments are still just as much hype as they were on my first playthrough no matter how many times I see them.
Case in point: see above.

I agree with this 100%!

Beaten Trails of Azure!

The final boss was weird and annoying.

Barriers on the generics and vanish were really annyoing.

Though it was far away from casting its supernova attack.

Anyways the music in endgame was marvelous, pretty much perfect!

Was a really great game overall!

Edited by Falcom Knight

Double the Nep, double the fun!

31 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Beaten Trails of Azure!

Congarts:D

31 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

The final boss was weird and annoying

Yup. It had some cool gimmicks and all, but they waaay over did it and it became very annoying. Especially the reflect/guard minions.

4 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Goodbye Crossbell and SSS!!!

O7

Oh hey, it's the best part of CS3. It's all downhill from here

Hmm

I think i will atleast enjoy chapter 2 though, due to it taking place there

Also Rean getting certain flashbacks in chapter 1 really worries me. That place is already pretty damn important to Trails begin with. Do they really have to make him connected to everything....