• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that new crusade was a success. To my surprise I wasn't the highest contributor this time around. It was the King of Jerusalem. Well, the lands and vassals were going to him anyway. Hmm...

Anyway, hah, my character seems to not be kicking the bucket yet. He's already seventy-five and no signs of death coming. Heck, he has now outlived his oldest daughter, the mother of the current heir. I suppose it's a skip as skips come, since the grandson heir is still in his twenties. Well, stopping for now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Bosses with full immunity to physical attacks, eh?
*remembers Affimojas*
*remembers that I still have to face Affimojas later on*
Yup, that'll be fun. *laughs in Ram*

Yikes, dont remind me. 😑

How I feel right now:

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH

I accidentally started Eliwood normal instead of Hector Hard mode! Five and a half hours of suffering through Lyn mode gone down the drain...I legitimately don't know what to do about it...I suppose I'll have to redo it again and then edit all of the characters so they retain the bases they had after my first Lyn mode run? Eeergh...

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I really hate self-healing bosses. All it does is waste your time.

True. It eventually just becomes a matter of whether or not you can out-damage their healing. See the Fake Green Heart fight in Neptunia Re;Birth 1, for example.
In the Etrian Odyssey Nexus boss' case I talked about earlier, doing nothing to it for a turn is really all you can do, however.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Yikes, dont remind me. 😑

He isn't that hard if you know you can cheese him and if you equip the right combos to do so (which means elemental attacks for everyone, basically).
Beating him the conventional way by breaking his cape is annoying, though.

---

Speaking of Neptunia, it is odd how finding a character you really, absolutely hate with every fiber of your being can change your perspective on characters you disliked previously.
Case in point: I can't really bring myself to really hate K-Sha anymore. Granted, she's still the worst among the Gold Third (and possibly the worst character in the Neptunia franchise), and her mere presence drags Noire's otherwise greatly written part of the story down a few notches, but after replaying said story again earlier, I was genuinely surprised at how little she annoyed me despite everything that bothers me about her character.
I still don't like her, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

unknown.png

Guess who she's talking about xD

Man, i miss her.

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of Neptunia, it is odd how finding a character you really, absolutely hate with every fiber of your being can change your perspective on characters you disliked previously.
Case in point: I can't really bring myself to really hate K-Sha anymore.

who are you and what did you do with Dragonflames

Okay, did one last grinding session, before taking on Foo Yung and Chow Mein... several times.

Also, looks like I was wrong. It's only the very last reward that requires beating them under a turn limit. Alright, that's better for me.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I know it's not but every time I see your pfp, I keep thinking it's the Xenogears

Hmm...

They do kinda look alike...

61nVBW%2BQB6L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if XG did took inspiration from the Hi Nu Gundam, hahaha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True. It eventually just becomes a matter of whether or not you can out-damage their healing. See the Fake Green Heart fight in Neptunia Re;Birth 1, for example.

Oh yeah, the Fake fights in ReBirth 1 were annoying. Healing like 300k damage every turn was stupid.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wouldn't be surprised if XG did took inspiration from the Hi Nu Gundam, hahaha.

Wouldn't surprise me either, as Xenogears took a lot of inspiration from the mecha genre. Case in point:

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

who are you and what did you do with Dragonflames

I'm still me, don't worry. Nepgya hasn't killed me... yet.
And I did say I still don't like K-Sha and I stand by that opinion. It's just that now that Ooftsuu happened, she doesn't seem as bad in comparison anymore.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, the Fake fights in ReBirth 1 were annoying. Healing like 300k damage every turn was stupid.

>literally my favorite part of the game.
But yeah, that healing factor didn't really add anything besides annoyance, I agree. Even if it only really was a problem with Fake Green Heart in particular, since I was underlevelled for that fight, so I had to resort to EXE spam to beat her down.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw yes, a combination sequence.

I'm glad we both agree combination sequences are some of the coolest things ever.

In my recent memory, Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla had a short but neat combination and seperation sequence.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But yeah, that healing factor didn't really add anything besides annoyance, I agree. Even if it only really was a problem with Fake Green Heart in particular, since I was underlevelled for that fight, so I had to resort to EXE spam to beat her down.

I might've been underleveled too but even if i wasn't, i think bosses with permament passive self-heals, especially when recovering massive amounts like that, is just poor game design imo.

Just now, Armagon said:

I might've been underleveled too but even if i wasn't, i think bosses with permament passive self-heals, especially when recovering massive amounts like that, is just poor game design imo.

Even though I loved the fake CPU fights, I can't and won't disagree with you.

On a different note, can we just appreciate how Nepgear, Nepgya, and Alisa (the Cold Steel one) have the same voice actress in Japanese?
You now picture Alisa screaming her own name at the top of her lungs (like this) and making a face like the one in my profile picture or like this. You're welcome. XD

As much as i hate the mecha battles (seriously their HP need to be cut by 4 or something <.<), ngl this tracks make them more bearable

Still hate them though.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

On a different note, can we just appreciate how Nepgear, Nepgya, and Alisa (the Cold Steel one) have the same voice actress in Japanese?

Aligya!

And honestly, i didn't find the fake heart battles thaaaaat annoying. Their healing wasn't that bad iirc

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You know, i actually never picked up at that Alisa and Nepgear/gya shared the same Japanese VA. The more you know.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

As much as i hate the mecha battles (seriously their HP need to be cut by 4 or something <.<), ngl this tracks make them more bearable

A good song can make a bad part of a game at least a little bit more bearable. Like all of FE4.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Who are you and what have you done with Shrimperor?!?
All jokes aside, I agree with you.

Aligya!

The voice actress, Yui Horie, I believe is her name, is pretty great, all things considered. I first heard her in Love Hina (who remembers that anime?), and she provides one of the female voices for created characters in 7th Dragon III, too.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know, i actually never picked up at that Alisa and Nepgear/gya shared the same Japanese VA. The more you know.

I only found out after reading up on it since I've never played any of the CS games in Japanese.

And honestly, i didn't find the fake heart battles thaaaaat annoying. Their healing wasn't that bad iirc

As I said, they were my favorite part of Re;Birth 1.
Even with the self-heal.

---

You know what's fun about MegaNep New Game Plus? You get to wreck bosses with the Next Form before that form even comes up in the story.
Curbstomping K-Sha with Next Black's Diagonal Blade Dance is so damn satisfying.

Edited by DragonFlames
I was meaner than I meant to be. I'm sorry.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Who are you and what have you done with Shrimperor?!?

I am...
Late Night/Early Morning Shrimpy!

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You know what's fun about MegaNep New Game Plus? You get to wreck bosses with the Next Form before that form even comes up in the story.

Nep time travel mode

@Armagon

A good song can make a bad part of a game at least a little bit more bearable

Good ost makes me start games haha

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I am...
Late Night/Early Morning Shrimpy!

Makes sense!

Nep time travel mode

Tutorial boss fight? Time for some Next Purple action!

I decided to carry everything over this time, including the ludicrous levels I got during my last playthrough, so everybody is already at level 190+.
And it's glorious.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My main reason for getting Atelier Lulua was literally this. *valiantly resists need for Cygnus shilling*

Also my reason for developing an interest in Neptunia, now that I think about it. In Nep's case, it was this song (though I'd be lying if I said that picture of Purple Heart didn't have a part in that as well *cough*).

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I only found out after reading up on it since I've never played any of the CS games in Japanese.

I had watched a Japanese playthrough and didn't pick up on any of the VAs, aside from Olivier, who shares his VA with this magnificant madman

latest?cb=20150531031650

But like, that's cheating because Koyasu's voice is very recgonizable.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

New Game+ is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be.......unnatrual.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

True true.

Good OSTs huh?

Hmmmmm.

Today, i will shill Kid Icarus: Uprising

Edited by Armagon

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I decided to carry everything over this time, including the ludicrous levels I got during my last playthrough, so everybody is already at level 190+.
And it's glorious.

377110562116468766.png?v=1

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

though I'd be lying if I said that picture of Purple Heart didn't have a part in that as well *cough*

Purple Heart is best Heart!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I had watched a Japanese playthrough of CS3 and 4 and didn't pick up on any of the VAs, aside from Olivier, who shares his VA with this magnificant madman

And Osbro is this madman

1179914-04b.png

very fitting actually

Aww, birdies woke me up early on a Holy Sunday.

Well, a long day for Cold Steel III awaits.

Will start all over again.

I doubt it'll be done within a couple of weeks as both Crossbell parts.

I heard this game is very long.

Edited by Falcom Knight

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But like, that's cheating because Koyasu's voice is very recgonizable.

That it is.
It is a pretty iconic voice, too. Not to mention, he did this badassery, as well.

377110562116468766.png?v=1

Oooohohohohoho!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Purple Heart is best Heart!

Facts.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And Osbro is this madman

Who also provides the voice for the main villain in the game/anime the above clip I shared comes from.
Funny how all of that connects, eh?

---

Speaking of shilling for good OSTs:

My favorite Etrian Odyssey game gave us this beauty.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It is a pretty iconic voice, too. Not to mention, he did this badassery, as well.

I had forgotten he was in that. But it was also at a time when i wasn't that into anime. I hadn't even watched JoJo yet so i wasn't too familiar with Koyasu at the time.

Thinking about how this played during the best video game villain introduction ever