The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

honestly, piracy in that case is 200% acceptable

you can also pirate them and then buy the console version to support them or something

I don't like pirating, and even if I did... how exactly can I pirate that? I'd sooner have my Steam account banned or something for trying.

Well, there's the problem I don't own the consoles those games are also available from. Between the PS4 and the Switch, I'd go for the Switch... but it's money I don't currently can afford to spend. Besides, if I am eventually getting the game legally that way... why would I even bother pirating it? As passionate as I can be with SRW, I'm not that desperate. Well, I did imported the GBA games and bought a couple more from the PSN, but that's among the extent I'm willing to go.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Near the final boss/es for Final Fantasy 12, and forestalled tackling them for endgame preparations. I thought that being at level 99 for at least three characters (Basch, Ashe and Balthier) would help out in taking on the main game content (and they did), there's the other matter of going through the Great Crystal to get the Twelfth Esper (Ultima) and a host of endgame loot. To say that the layout of the Great Crystal is labyrinthine would be a huge understatement. No wonder people hated this with a passion when FF12 first came out.

Edited by Karimlan

I just watched Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle and Godzilla: The Planet Eater back-to-back, finishing up both the anime trilogy and the Reiwa series as a whole. I can say definitively now that Reiwa series Godzilla is the worst Godzilla series and it's a damn shame because Shin Godzilla is actually good.

City on the Edge of Battle has the exact same problems as Planet of the Monsters, only made worse by the fact that it's longer. It also had the audacity to have Burning Godzilla and not make it look cool. The Planet Eater, on the other hand, is the Revenge of the Sith of the trilogy. I say that in the sense that it's easily the best of the three but unlike Revenge of the Sith, The Planet Eater is still shit.

Oh and also, i gotta call out Toho here. Toho understandibly got mad at America for creating a bastardization of Godzilla in Godzilla 98. But then these guys go ahead and approve of anime King Ghidorah, who, much like the TriStar Godzilla, is a complete bastardization of the character. Unlike literally every other incarnation of Ghidorah, the anime incarnation doesn't have three heads. Instead, it's just three seperate serpents. Oh and it fires a total of zero gravity beams. Like, what the fuck Toho? 

Oh and while we're on the subject of not getting things right, let's look at how Godzilla Earth fires it's atomic breath

unknown.png

He doesn't even fire it from his mouth. It just appears. This might seem like a minor complaint but this is like Spider-Man not doing the hand thing when he shoots his web I'm looking at you Andrew Garfield. 

Well, i feel like can safely say i got the worst Godzilla movies out of the way. Can't say the same for King Kong yet (apart from Mighty Kong, i doubt there's gonna be anything worse than that).

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't played a single Animal Crossing game in my life. I just never found it that appealing.

I played New Leaf for a bit and really couldn't get into it.

Tbh, watching other people play Animal Crossing is more fun.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That is perhaps the best menu theme I've ever heard. I'd say it'd fit better as an Opening or Ending theme.

Well Sawano is a well-known composer in the anime industry. 

And the song i linked to actually isn't even original, it's a song from one his standalone albums that he just decided to put in Xenoblade X. That's why in Japan, the song is credited as "Melancholia Ver. X" but there's no difference between that and the version of the song that's in the standalone album.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well Sawano is a well-known composer in the anime industry.

I'll take one for the non-existent team and admit I didn't know him until now.
Shows how little anime I watch, I guess...

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And modded in Belief and Severe Blow

This right here.
This is top-tier taste in music. Now all you need is to add "Tie a Link of ARCUS" and you'd have all my favorite CS battle themes.

---

You wanna know something funny? Turns out I'm actually NOT done with Mary Skelter yet, as beating the final boss does show you an ending, but it also unlocks an "Another Story", so... it continues.
This might actually be the longest Compile Heart game I've played. It took me 63 hours to reach the ending and now there is more to come.

Speaking of Compile Heart games, I was in the mood for some Neps today.
m56RDJx.jpg
Nepgeardam > Valimar

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Facts

I love how Nepgear's like "wtf is that thing?" when she summons it, but Nepgya is like "it's the legendary Nepgeardam!" instead.
It's hilarious.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I love how Nepgear's like "wtf is that thing?" when she summons it, but Nepgya is like "it's the legendary Nepgeardam!" instead.
It's hilarious.

lmao. that's cool haha

Also, good music works wonders ingame

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

lmao. that's cool haha

Yup. Nepgya even does a happy face (as happy as she can appear, anyway) when Nepgeardam appears.
S0tFvd6.jpg
Nepgya has legit become my favorite joke character in video game history, if you can't tell.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, good music works wonders ingame

As a wise Emperor of Shrimps once said (like 18 minutes ago as of now): Facts.

23 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

646158815506726914.png?v=1

That pretty much is me these days. It feels awful having a device you can't even use for half the day...

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

S0tFvd6.jpg

L-lewd

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

S0tFvd6.jpg

Nepu taking all your favs eh? xD

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

like 18 minutes ago as of now

That post is now an adult xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

L-lewd

Oh no...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Nepu taking all your favs eh? xD

Pretty much. XD
The favorites it hasn't taken yet are: soundtrack, story, and villain. Those are still held by that thing I can't stop gushing about.
For favorite protagonist, character, and game, it most definitely tied with that thing I can't stop gushing about.

That post is now an adult xD

I'll prepare a cake. With eggplants, and shiitake mushrooms, and sweetwater fish.
*Neptune, Uzume, and Umio ran away*

Since Xenoblade Definitive Edition is releasing next month, I decided to look into the Iwata Asks on the original release. In doing so, I learned that Xenoblade is the first Xeno game with likable characters.

Iwata: And now you have the staff at Mario Club telling you that everyone felt affection towards the characters.

Takahashi: I really feel we've got a very positive response. In fact, this is the first time anyone has ever said something like that to me.

Iwata: So after all the years that you've spent making games, you'd say this is the first time where the hero and his companions haven't been disliked?

Takahashi: I think that's actually true.

There's also another section that caught my interest:

Iwata: So Hattori-san's role was to look at the scenario and make comments about it from an objective position, taking into account the perspective of players who might not know much about the world Takahashi-san was creating. Did she ask some questions that were wide off the mark?

Takahashi: No, no, not at all. I was actually really grateful for her input. There were a lot of instances where I'd be writing the scenario and be deeply engaged in taking things in a particular direction, and while I'd be really excited by it, Hattori-san would point out that she couldn't really understand what we were getting at. One case in point is the game's ending. Initially, we'd come up with what we felt was an ending with a rather explanatory feel. But in fact, she told us that even with this explanation, she couldn't really understand it. When she pointed this out to me, I could see what she meant. There were things that seemed perfectly clear to us, but which were actually tricky to understand for players who didn't have previous knowledge. If you're referencing things that people know nothing about, it's really a meaningless exercise, isn't it?

It makes me wonder if the ending was supposed to be longer somehow. Hmm...

Spoiler

Was the Zohar/Conduit always supposed to be involved in the experiment? It would fit what Takahashi said about "previous knowledge" and "referencing things that people know nothing about." Though Xenoblade is less grounded in Xenogears's lore than Xenosaga and Xenoblade 2 are (well, in comparison anyway), so maybe I'm wrong.

Oh no..

Qgl3Q2K.gif

r34, my friend

I'll prepare a cake. With eggplants, and shiitake mushrooms, and sweetwater fish.

and the doujins

Of course! Can't forget about those. They are important "research" material, after all.

vq64rZB.jpg

Rean about to research 2 homunculolis.

OH NO!

ltQztpB.jpg
Seemed relevant, somehow.

Wait until Noire sees the Neppit.

21 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That pretty much is me these days. It feels awful having a device you can't even use for half the day...

no...no mor.

Rean about to research 2 homunculolis.

Rean be like: "If they don't let Shiro do it, then I will do it for him!"
Oh god, that was terrible. I'm sorry.

Wait until Noire sees the Neppit.

Will you give her the brain bleach or should I take care of that? XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Rean be like: "If they don't let Shiro do itt, then I will do it for him!"

Tfw every homunculoli get's love except best one.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Will you give her the brain bleach or should I take care of that? XD

you do that xD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Though I guess that's what fanfiction is for.

There are some good ones out there, but none that do her and Shirou justice together. There was a very good and popular one and that derailed in a weird way towards the end lol

There are some good ones out there, but none that do her and Shirou justice together. There was a very good and popular one and that derailed in a weird way towards the end lol

That's a damn shame.

Maybe I'll have my protag's love interest be a homunculoli too. Just to rub it in. Joking, of course. Or am I?

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Maybe I'll have my protag's love interest be a homunculoli too

Why not? xD
Ngl i am sucker for Human x Homunculi Stories. No wonder i am making all these Rean x Altina jokes

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Since Xenoblade Definitive Edition is releasing next month, I decided to look into the Iwata Asks on the original release. In doing so, I learned that Xenoblade is the first Xeno game with likable characters.

I can see what was meant by that. In Xenogears, anyone who wasn't Fei, Elly, Citan and to an extent Bart just really didn't matter. Xenosaga has a similar issue where it's really just KOS-MOS, Shion, Jr and MOMO who matter and that's it.

Xenoblade 1 doesn't really run into that problem. Well, Riki stops being relevant after Makna and Sharla stops being relevant for a good while after Ether Mines but overall, the entire cast had a much bigger impact than any of the casts from the previous Xeno games. The mid and post-battle banter also definitely helped things. I garuantee that Xenoblade's characters wouldn't be as loved without them.

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It makes me wonder if the ending was supposed to be longer somehow. Hmm...

Well...(Xenoblade 1 ending spoilers)

Spoiler

In the past, you could easily argue that the Monado itself could've been Xenoblade's version of the Zohar. Hell, Alvis' spirit form at the end is basically just the Wave Existence. So i don't think the Zohar/Conduit was supposed to be part of the experiment. 

In the first place, Xenoblade 1 wasn't meant to be a Xeno game at all so i doubt the Zohar as we know it was supposed to be there.

I do think it's likely we'll see elements of the original Xenoblade 1 ending in Future Connected.

Edited by Armagon

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ngl i am sucker for Human x Homunculi Stories. No wonder i am making all these Rean x Altina jokes

Nothing wrong with that. It is an interesting subject to be sure. The Rean x Altina jokes are funny, too.
Though I wasn't being entirely serious originally, I'll try and see if I can incorporate something like that into my own story. The possibility to set something like that up is there, at least.
*gleefully rubs hands*

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well...(Xenoblade 1 ending spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

In the past, you could easily argue that the Monado itself could've been Xenoblade's version of the Zohar. Hell, Alvis' spirit form at the end is basically just the Wave Existence. So i don't think the Zohar/Conduit was supposed to be part of the experiment. 

In the first place, Xenoblade 1 wasn't meant to be a Xeno game at all so i doubt the Zohar as we know it was supposed to be there.

I do think it's likely we'll see elements of the original Xenoblade 1 ending in Future Connected.

Spoiler

I've always thought that the Zohar was something more, since I played all three Xenosaga games, but I'm not sure for what yet. It would be interesting to see how they could tie it in with the Xenoblade story somehow.