The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Even though I wasn't expecting it, I ended up getting Animal Crossing for my birthday. It sure was nice of Nintendo to update the game yesterday! Monolith Soft helped develop it so it must be good.

One of the reasons I'm mentioning it is so I can say I have the same birthday as best girl Makoto Niijima. The other reason is so I have an excuse to post this:

I also misread "Something to kill time" as "Something to kill me" so I see I'm off to a good start...

But with Animal Crossing out of the way, I'm wondering if I should get the Definitive Works edition of Xenoblade Chronicles. I have two gift cards I've never used so the extra price might not matter too much.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Border with Liberl

giphy.gif

Erebonia be like "There is no escape, there is no salvation. You're stuck here... forever!"

---

Okay, what the hell is this opening song?

I think I like it. It has a helloween-y/horror movie feel to it.
Also, who cut Sleeping Beauty's hair? I do not approve!

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Erebonia be like "There is no escape, there is no salvation. You're stuck here... forever!"

Yametekodasaaaaaai

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, what the hell is this opening song?

i like this

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yametekodasaaaaaai

*evil laughter*

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

i like this

Me too!
I have a hard time deciding which game's OP I like more, they're both great. With that, Mary Skelter 2 is off to a good start.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

why CS1 all over again

That is an excellent question.

---

So, you guys ever experienced just absolutely disliking a character the very first time you see them? That is how I feel about Mary Skelter 2's new protagonist, Otsuu. Something about her just really rubs me the entirely wrong way. I swear, my first reaction to her was "I hate you".
The game started out the same way as the last one (not from Jack and Alice' perspective, though) with Red Riding Hood freeing Jack and Alice from prison, except this time, you have Otsuu and new girl Little Mermaid (who also isn't very interesting) along for the ride.
At least Jack finally got his own portrait. So that's something, I guess...

Edited by DragonFlames

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames @Shrimperor

LeEpicMeme.jpg?width=767&height=431

Don't let Neptune know about the Eggplant Wizards.

XD

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, she'll really have the nightmares. Because this is what Eggplant Wizards do to you

latest?cb=20171102201742

Unironically one of my favorite status effects in any video game. It's so stupid and i love it.

Speaking of Kid Icarus and transforming, another enemy (in Uprising speciically) can turn you into tempura. You'll be finished if it gets a hold of you if you're transformed, so watch out!!

EDIT: Eggplant Pit was a trophy in the 3DS Version of Smash 4. Its descriptions are as follows:

NTSC Let's squash a misconception right now— there is nothing worse than being turned into an eggplant. Just lettuce tell you, being hit by an eggplant bomb is humiliating. It leafs you without mushroom to maneuver and also makes you the laughing stalk of your friends.

PAL Maybe you think there's something worse than being turned into an eggplant, but we're going to squash that misconception right now. Lettuce tell you, being hit by an eggplant bomb is awful. Not only does it leave you without mushroom to manoeuvre, but it makes you a giant laughing stalk as well. (We're not sorry.)

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

So, funny story: Apparently, you can't enter the postgame dungeon in Mary Skelter Nightmares without having played Mary Skelter 2 first.
This stuff gets weirder and weirder every second, I swear. XD

You've heard of save transfer bonuses. Now get ready for......reverse save transfer bonuses.

I'm guessing Nightmares is like, the remaster then? Cause it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

why CS1 all over again

Yeah, i'll admit, this is my biggest problem with the Cold Steel games. Hearing about it's development is odd too because Cold Steel 1 and 2 were supposed to be one game and Cold Steel 3 and 4 were also supposed to be one game. But just like Sky and Sky SC, the games ended up being split. If the Cold Steel games weren't split, we would've still had a general repeat of the story.

The other problem i have with the Cold Steel games is how they limit the places you can go to. In the first two, it's eastern Erebonia. In the latter two, it's the west+Crossbell. I imagine it's because Erebonia is so big and i 100% expect the same thing to happen with the eventual Calvard arc.

51 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of Kid Icarus and transforming, another enemy (in Uprising speciically) can turn you into tempura. You'll be finished if it gets a hold of you if you're transformed, so watch out!!

Ah yes, the Tempura Wizard. At first, i thought it was just an aesthetic thing until i found out it wasn't......the hard way.

After spending some time thinking of a name for my island, I found that it only has a character limit of 10. How are you supposed to do anything interesting with that? Even Pokémon increased the character limit to 12 in Gen VI. For now, I'll take what I can get and spread the good word of Xenoblade by calling it Aegis Isle. It's also a Greek mythology reference too, which is nice.

Ahaha, I've done it! One of the most ambitious things you can in CK2 is an event chain where you claim your dynasty descends from Alexander the Great. Very costly... VERY costly... but it was worth it!

One of the bonuses of Alexander's bloodline is the use of the Invasion CB once per lifetime. I employed my character's to take the Kingdom of Africa from the Abbasid. Unfortunately, some of the guy's grandchildren didn't inherit the bloodline, despite they should've. THis included the one who is meant to be my heir. No worries there, though, as I've betrothed his daughter with the girl's second cousin, who had the bloodline. Since they're of the same dynasty, the type of marriage doesn't matter per se; but still went matrilineal for bloodline merging. That branch of the family has bloodlines like those of Caradog and Attila. My eugenics game is progressing.

The preparations time for next crusade has begun, target: Jerusalem. Since the place is almost down to half of its territory. I guess this crusade will simply help restore the Kingdom's borders. Well, that's for next time.

SOMEONE REALLY DREW ALBEDO FROM XENOSAGA IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2020, LET'S GOOOOO

And MOMO but she actually get the occasional fanart here and there.

Reached Azure's final dungeon.

Really looking forward to it and the final boss.

I'm not too worried about the final boss since I play on lowest difficulty.

None of the lategame bosses really gave me trouble, not even 

Spoiler

Peppernella

I'm not gonna lie, this is the worst boss theme I've heared in Legend of Heroes series yet.

Plain boring without strings or guitar riffs.

Also one of the reasons why I'm not entirely excited for CSIII.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

SOMEONE REALLY DREW ALBEDO FROM XENOSAGA IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2020, LET'S GOOOOO

And MOMO but she actually get the occasional fanart here and there.

That art of Albedo looks soooooo good! He always was a very... interesting, character. 

23 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

it's not the mecha themselves that are the problem

it's the fact that Mecha battles throw everything fun of the combat outta window in Trails.

Movement? Arts? At-Manipulation? Area? Status? All gone.

Even if more party members is better than 1 v 1, i know once stuff get's tanky and enemy crafts get annoying, i wouldn't want to continue playing.

👌

Also, bad meme time

Reveal hidden contents

8H4Kmwx.png

based on this classic fate meme xD

Reveal hidden contents

mtw3mlrm09tz.jpg

Fate route will still happen one day. Can’t pass up that Saber money.

Spoiler

qR871gk.png

LTpznbK.png

Couch penalty increased to 5 months

also, damn it Cold Steel 3. Really.

Everytime i start to enjoy you a bit, you ruin it whole by having such a damn atrocious track. Like Wow. How can a track be that bad and unfitting for a scene, it ruins my mod completely...

WHY IS THIS USED FOR A FREAKING BATTLEFIELD AND SUCCESSIVE BOSS BATTLES.

WHERE ARE THEY DAYS OF INEVITABLE STRUGGLE, SILVER WILL AND BELIEF??? 

EXPLAIN THIS FALCOM. Damn it.

Disgusting.

I am actually angry.

Even more angry that i gotta play with old class 7 and leave the new ones behind.

I barely have play Cold Steel III yet, but I do know some about its soundtrack.

Seriously it's the first time for a Falcom game I don't feel it's a Falcom game.

The soundtrack is just "normal", not really impressing.

There hasn't been one single theme yet which has caught my ears.

The best theme in this game is

Spoiler

not even from this game

Me, who actually doesn't really have a problem with Cold Steel 3's soundtrack be like

JPEG_20171203_214617.jpg?width=440&heigh

I mean yeah, i'll admit some of the songs don't go in as hard as i wish they did and i do miss some of the older songs (even if a few of the Super Arranged versions show up) but idk, doesn't seem that different from Cold Steel's other soundtracks imo.

My only real gripe is that they got rid of the Ouroborous battle theme.

Anyways, speaking of soundtracks

Nintendo of Australia coming in with some great news. There will be a toggle to choose between Xenoblade 1's original soundtrack and it's remastered. The remastered soundtrack has very high expectations for a lot of people but in the event that it doesn't meet them, we can always just put the regular songs up. Only way this would be better is if there was an individual toggle for each song. I doubt it tho.

Now we just need a toggle to switch between the new graphics and the low-res, texture-faced Wii graphics and the Xenoblade 1 purists will froth at the mouth.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, speaking of soundtracks

Nintendo of Australia coming in with some great news. There will be a toggle to choose between Xenoblade 1's original soundtrack and it's remastered. The remastered soundtrack has very high expectations for a lot of people but in the event that it doesn't meet them, we can always just put the regular songs up. Only way this would be better is if there was an individual toggle for each song. I doubt it tho.

Now we just need a toggle to switch between the new graphics and the low-res, texture-faced Wii graphics and the Xenoblade 1 purists will froth at the mouth.

This is a relief, as someone who usually doesnt like remastered soundtracks, I can play the originals. 

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

You've heard of save transfer bonuses. Now get ready for......reverse save transfer bonuses.

I'm guessing Nightmares is like, the remaster then? Cause it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Yup, Nightmares is the remake of the original Mary Skelter that came packaged with Mary Skelter 2 on the Switch version and in order to access the actual new content in the remake, you have to finish Mary Skelter 2... the game in which the main character is so f***ing atrociously awful I really, really, really have to force myself to even play the damn thing.
Which is why I don't. I'm playing some Neptunia VII instead and having a blast with it.

H8rUMhF.jpg

Send help, pls.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Disgusting.

I am actually angry.

These are my exact feelings on Mary Skelter 2's protagonist.

Edited by DragonFlames

At the process i am going i will replace the whole of CS3 soundtrack with CS1 soundrack 

377110562116468766.png?v=1

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

the game in which the main character is so f***ing atrociously awful I really, really, really have to force myself to even play the damn thing.

you finally got your Rean moment, eh? xD

wait a sec...

I play Mary Skelter and it's my fave
Yet one thing will haunt me to my grave
Played one, two, all the acts
Have memorized so many names.
The worst of it I've ever seen
Is a character named Ots-san
For that guy is, I don't deceive
A character I don't believe.
His existence makes me sad
It makes Mary Skelter so f***ing bad.

doesn't flow as well xD

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is a relief, as someone who usually doesnt like remastered soundtracks, I can play the originals. 

Of the three samples we've gotten (well, four but one of them is brand new), the only one i wasn't completely onboard with is the remastered version of Engage the Enemy.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, Nightmares is the remake of the original Mary Skelter that came packaged with Mary Skelter 2 on the Switch version and in order to access the actual new content in the remake, you have to finish Mary Skelter 2... the game in which the main character is so f***ing atrociously awful I really, really, really have to force myself to even play the damn thing

Oooof.

I can't think of any time this has happened to me. I mean, sometimes i will dislike a main character in a series i like but never enough to where it's painful to play the game.

The Earth will stand still the day a Xeno game with a main character i utterly despise comes out.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

At the process i am going i will replace the whole of CS3 soundtrack with CS1 soundrack

I actually do want to know how to do this. Not because because i think the soundtrack is bad but because i think it'd be really funny if i set the battle theme to Jungle Hijinxs, like as a joke.

Just now, Armagon said:

I actually do want to know how to do this. Not because because i think the soundtrack is bad but because i think it'd be really funny if i set the battle theme to Jungle Hijinxs, like as a joke.

Trails of Cold Steel 3\data\bgm\opus

There the ost is stored

you just gotta replace the files with the files you want, and have them in opus format (Audacity + ffmpeg library can do this), and either loop them yourself or have an extended version.

The battle tracks are at around ed8451