Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I've always thought that the Zohar was something more, since I played all three Xenosaga games, but I'm not sure for what yet. It would be interesting to see how they could tie it in with the Xenoblade story somehow.

Spoiler

The Zohar has always been a giant space magic plot device. I mean, it was inspired by the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

What makes the Zohar more significant is it's tendency to appear in multiple games. The Zohar's exact functions may differ between games but they all follow the same basic rule: source of unlimited energy from a higher dimension.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

pOPwUzc.jpg

Yeah, she'll really have the nightmares. Because this is what Eggplant Wizards do to you

latest?cb=20171102201742

Unironically one of my favorite status effects in any video game. It's so stupid and i love it.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eggplants?

Jontron - Can't forget the flying eggplant [Titenic] on Make a GIF

200.gif

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, she'll really have the nightmares. Because this is what Eggplant Wizards do to you

latest?cb=20171102201742

Unironically one of my favorite status effects in any video game. It's so stupid and i love it.

Lol!
Arfoire would probably love it, judging by Re;Birth 3.

Reminds me of how some enemies in Persona 5 can turn one of your party members into a mouse. And how there is an entire section in a lategame dungeon where your entire party gets transformed, so you're running around as a little mouse, and it's adorable as well as funny. Just don't trigger any enemies, because you can't exactly fight as a mouse...

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Arfoire would probably love it, judging by Re;Birth 3.

If she had brought some Eggplant Wizards instead of turning into a giant eggplant, she would've won. Just sayin'.

This talk has reminded me that i genuianly want a Neptunia and Kid Icarus crossover because it just writes itself. Neptune and Pit are basically the same character when you think about, with the main differences being that Pit doesn't break the fourth wall and make references as much and when he does, it's limited to Nintendo stuff also he actually does his job.

Edited by Armagon

>Mecha Battles

:Yamete:

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames @Shrimperor

LeEpicMeme.jpg?width=767&height=431

Don't let Neptune know about the Eggplant Wizards.

you talkin about that one animation episode? :'D

57 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll try and see if I can incorporate something like that into my own story.

Don'T force yourself! Don't add something that doesn'T fit 😉

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Mecha Battles

:Yamete:

Don't resist. Embrace it. Become one of us... one of us... one of us...

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That episode was so good. XD
The anime in general was pretty great. I especially liked the lead-up to the Candidates' first HDD transformations. That was some top-notch character development.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Don'T force yourself! Don't add something that doesn'T fit 😉

I haven't planned out any characters (except the main villains, and even they are just a rough concept at this point) yet, so there's plenty of wiggle room. I will leave it out if I see that it doesn't fit, though, so don't worry!

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't resist. Embrace it. Become one of us... one of us... one of us...

it's not the mecha themselves that are the problem

it's the fact that Mecha battles throw everything fun of the combat outta window in Trails.

Movement? Arts? At-Manipulation? Area? Status? All gone.

Even if more party members is better than 1 v 1, i know once stuff get's tanky and enemy crafts get annoying, i wouldn't want to continue playing.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't planned out any characters yet, so there's plenty of wiggle room. I will leave it out if I see that it doesn't fit, though, so don't worry!

👌

Also, bad meme time

Spoiler

8H4Kmwx.png

based on this classic fate meme xD

Spoiler

mtw3mlrm09tz.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, bad meme time

Reveal hidden contents

8H4Kmwx.png

That powerlevel bracket in the Trails memes in inaccurate I'm afraid.
McBurn needs to be replaced with Aurelia, because Golden Rakshasa (wtf kind of title/nickname is that even supposed to be?) > everything else, apparently.
And yes, I'm still mad about non-specific stuff that happens later on in the story, because f*** Aurelia, and f*** Bardias.

I'd say, I like the concept of DQIV's Chapter 6.

Spoiler

Getting Psaro to join the group! Subverting the expectation you have to fight the same final boss again. Phew...

I decided to hit the monster arena probably for the final time, to gear up. Contrary to Xenlon (or at least, mobile!Xenlon), Foo Yung and Chow Mein do give more worthwhile prizes during the next couple of rematches. Though like Xenlon, they now require being defeated under a certain number of turns. Gotta be preparing for that... some other day...

8 hours ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Zohar has always been a giant space magic plot device. I mean, it was inspired by the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

What makes the Zohar more significant is it's tendency to appear in multiple games. The Zohar's exact functions may differ between games but they all follow the same basic rule: source of unlimited energy from a higher dimension.

Spoiler

I believe I've mentioned in another topic that I thought that the Zohar was something more. There is so much potential storyline capabilities with it, hopefully some of it gets used.

I guess I just like the idea, personally, and I think it was handled well in the first place.

I am ascended right now.

Is this how it's gonna be? Are we gonna get little snippets of remastered Xenoblade 1 music leading up to release? If so, i am in.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

7u7DnKi.jpg

Hide your children. It's true terror incarnate.

The Gingerbread Man from Shrek has really lost it, huh.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

That but also the side-event in ReBirth 3 that served as the base of it.

it's not the mecha themselves that are the problem

it's the fact that Mecha battles throw everything fun of the combat outta window in Trails.

Movement? Arts? At-Manipulation? Area? Status? All gone.

Even if more party members is better than 1 v 1, i know once stuff get's tanky and enemy crafts get annoying, i wouldn't want to continue playing.

I've said this before but the silver lining is that they don't last as long and are only for very specific battles. 

Also, bad meme time

>Nayuta

Now there's a name i haven't heard in a long, long time. One day i'll maybe go back to it.

Also explain the bee in the meme. I don't get it.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It's my dear grandma's 77th birthday today and I can't visit her because of this lockdown mess.
F*** you, pandemic. F*** you.

don't forget to call her atleast!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also explain the bee in the meme. I don't get it.

Deep Carnival/Blue Stardust/Feel force sound like Bee buzzing. It's pretty much a big meme in the fanbase how *ehm* not good Modern Falcom music is

One more day before Trials of Mana hits. And I STILL haven't steamrolled through FF12's end boss (still going through the optional bosses to get the endgame loot).

Just now, Karimlan said:

One more day before Trials of Mana hits. And I STILL haven't steamrolled through FF12's end boss (still going through the optional bosses to get the endgame loot).

Getting the rare equipment or not? Such as Gendarme, etc.

Yep, the rare equipment (Excalibur, the thirteenth Esper, Yagyu Darkblade etc) and the optional bosses (almost there anyway--clearing the Hunts).

So i have decied to make an amendment to my Godzilla and King Kong marathon. I have decided to not watch the other two animated King Kong films. From the first five minutes of King of Atlantis, it became very clear that these two are like those Cartoon Network TV movies. Turns out they are both tie-ins to the animated King Kong TV show. As a result, i will not be counting them on this marathon.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Yep, the rare equipment (Excalibur, the thirteenth Esper, Yagyu Darkblade etc) and the optional bosses (almost there anyway--clearing the Hunts).

Getting things such as the before mentioned gendarme and such arent easy, and depending on your methods, very time consuming.

Great Crystal navigation aside, I was able to beat Ultima by whittling her defense with a Foebreaker's skill (Expose), while a Red mage spams Darkga (being Holy property gives her that weakness), and just keeping everyone alive long enough (White Mage spamming Curaja) to land the last hit. I have the last of the hunts to finish, along with Zodiark, Omega Mark XII and Yiazmat.

this track isn't bad at all, but...

Why is it used for random strong monster on the plains lol. Not fitting at all. It was very fitting for those 2 prologue battles, where it felt tense and was preparation for something bigger...

Is it time to mod in ''Tie a link of Arcus'? lul

maybe...

but i like that track...

hmmm

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

don't forget to call her atleast!

I'd never forget that! Still, not being able to visit sucked.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Gingerbread Man from Shrek has really lost it, huh.

He had enough of the constant Shrek memes.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

but i like that track...

hmmm

Hey, it's the one battle theme in CS3 that's actually kinda good!
But yes, I think modding in something else that fits better is a good idea.

---

So, funny story: Apparently, you can't enter the postgame dungeon in Mary Skelter Nightmares without having played Mary Skelter 2 first.
This stuff gets weirder and weirder every second, I swear. XD