[FE10] Rate the Unit According to Draft Performance

PKL

Plus she has the easiest time killing Ike if she can double him :P.

Adept. And PKL, she can 1-turn 3-13 with a little support thanks to Adept and shoving/Boots/both.

I'm giving her a 7/10. Bias, partially, but she can be trained (without too much fuss) to solo the DB chapters from 1-E, and she's rather better than quite a few of them once you get to Part 4, only losing to Jill and ...maybe Nolan.

But still, shaky start (she's not even fighting until 1-6-1 if you're savvy {I am}). I'd almost be willing to bump her to an 8, but I'll have to think if that's just my bias talking.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8/10

One of the few decent magic users in fe10

Good growths, and high magic/speed.

cons

BEXP.......lolts of it

Dies to a breeze

Lol Saint Caps

Lol Wind aff.

15 1st tier speed cap.....

Healing, while nice- is redundent in fe10.

5/10. Not bad, but you need another DB unit before her. She needs a BEXP dump to function (likely won't get it until 1-7) and even then won't be great on account of her stat caps and Light magic (she'll need Resolve, which means Micaiah can't use it). Worse mobility than other foot units, too. Being the only one capable of 1-turning 3-13 is pretty cool, but there are multiple ways to 2-3 turn it, so it's not that big of a deal when most units are better than her for most other maps. I believe she also needs the Boots for that, so it might not even be worth it. Oh, Rescue staff use can also be cool.

If this were HM she'd probably be more like 3/10 since she can't get that much needed BEXP dump. I learned that the hard way.

BEXP Dump turns her into a useful combatant she targets res and is Miccy 2.0 but Faster. She's a great back-up DB, but she has a slow start and is frail but her costs are paid off because after she starts fighting she is gr8mazing and very helpful good turn shaving and dodge-tanking iirc. I've used her many times before and she's great, she'll need resources like BEXP and forges would be nice too because she can't use Ellight for a long while and the more atk the better :^_^:. I recommend Adept on her or Resolve or Paragon, I usually have Miccy and Laura trade skills around. Magic users are useful in drafts and she's one of the better ones.

Laura- 8.5/10

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

5/10

Miccy can do almost everything Laura can do except earlygame healing, which I have basically no need for. That extra speed is superfluous since they're both gonna need resolve because they can't really take hits. She's definitely not bad though, since she helps out a lot once she promotes.

4/10. Now, don't get me wrong, I like Laura, and I'll gladly use her, but she has serious flaws in draft. First off, she's not really contributing anything until you promote her besides healstaffing, something which is massively devalued in RD thanks to healing items, and this basically mandates a massive BEXP dump at either 1-6 or 1-7. This will give her good speed and magic, but polarize her other stats thanks to the nature of BEXP. She ends up with solid speed but horrendous durability. Also, the resources she desires massively overlap with Micaiah. She wants a dracoshield and she wants a robe but most of all she wants resolve, so you can't have both resolve killing everything at the same time. And the bexp dump will make it harder to level out Micaiah to bring up her speed near the end of part 1. And Micaiah is forced.

Abysmal speed caps (15/23/31) continue to hurt her. 1 turning 3-13 is neat and all, but there are a lot of ways to 2-turn it. Physic spamming is cool, but Miciaiah does that too and once again is forced. Weak endgame with low speed cap and weak weapons, plus competition for the SS rank weapon don't help her case either. Wind affinity... she has a lot of issues. Be glad RD drafts aren't (usually) played on hard mode, Laura.

nd the bexp dump will make it harder to level out Micaiah to bring up her speed near the end of part 1. And Micaiah is forced.

Micaiah doesn't need the BEXP or extra Spd. Being forced can only mean as much.

1 turning 3-13 is neat and all, but there are a lot of ways to 2-turn it.

As far as I know, only Jill and Leonardo can 2-turn it besides Laura. Maybe Volug with Wildheart, Wrath and Pass.

Edited by Jigglypuff

Tauroneo with Boots CANNOT 2-turn it, even on EM. I tried. He can't make it down the ledge on Turn 1 - or he might have been able to barely make it down the ledge, but he can't make it to Ike on Turn 2.

I know i have done it before, and i know i got the idea from Dondon's 0% growth video of that chapter.

Here is what i did that time...

3-13 2 turns

This idea was taken from Dondon's 0% playthrough Vykans speedrun. Tauro gets boots and pass. Tauro kill ike with Brave axe. At 48 hit rate he misses the first hit, luna's with the second :awesome:

Edited by SlayerX

Actually, it occurs to me that my Tauroneo did NOT have Boots (Micaiah did, I recall) so it may be possible. I remember only the tigers protecting Ike got in the way of a 3-turn, and maybe Boots are the different between getting to Ike on Turn 2 and getting to Ike on Turn 3.

EDIT: blargh ninjad

yeah exactly as I thought

Edited by Integrity

I mentioned the Tigers in the way. I figured that implied that you needed either Pass or another character quick and ballsy enough to clear a Tiger out from in front of Ike.

On the other hand, since he needs Pass to do it that means you have to not send the DB's Pass to the Mercs and then you have to recruit Heather to get the Mercs a Pass ;/

Recruiting heather is not that much of a burden though. I mean yeah you can do a 4 turns, but it takes a severe amount of luck because you need to get Steel axe, have nephenee in an exact damage range to get wrath, that means alot of avoiding... She also needs to double the general to make things easier for everyone. Meanwhile the 6 turns(7?) is far easier and less luck reliant and its easy to recruit Heather.

Laura's average is 6.0. Not too shabby.

Day 6: Sothe

Pros: Most durable unit in the DB when you get him and stays like that for a while. Best offense of the team from the get-go. Instant A Micaiah Support. Has amazing 1-2 range thanks to knife forges. ORKOs Laguz in 1-4 easily thanks to Beastkiller. Early Part 1 Maps would be impossible to low turn if not for Sothe. Decent 3-6. Finds items really well thanks to Rogue bonus. Amazing bases and good str skl and lck growths.

Cons: His Str cap sucks and will begin to bite him in 3-12. Late promotion. Meh growths in HP Spd Def and Res.

I give him a 10/10. His contributions far outweigh his performance later in the game imo.

I sorta want to give him a 9 for being dicks in 3-12/4-P but really, that earlygame is just too good and I cannot justify my rating for Laura without rating Sothe for that.

So he gets a 10/10.

9.5/10

Incredibly good for the earlygame chapters. He's amazing <3

Then he starts to fall a bit out of favor come part 3+. The DB draftee is most likely going to have better offense than him at that point onwards unless you end up with Leo or something. Micaiah with resolve ORKOs better than he does because she hits res instead, but his offense is still pretty good with beastkillers. Then part 4, he kind of contributes to the routs.

10/10

His part 1 is awesmazing. Good going decent 3-6, thief utility, instant a support with miccy, can solo most of part 1, gets beast killer. His 3-12 nd 4-p is rather meh. However past experience in 4-3 an 4-E allows me to say sothe makes up for those two chapters. Without sothe everything falls apart.

Micaiah with resolve ORKOs better than he does because she hits res instead, but his offense is still pretty good with beastkillers.

Actually, an average Micaiah won't be 1RKO'ing.