[FE10] Rate the Unit According to Draft Performance

PKL

Since this is rated based on DRAFT performance...

Meg: 1/10. Seriously. She's utterly pointless on a draft. Period.

Aran: 6/10. Not bad, but spend your pick on Nolan/Edward instead if you want a GOOD DB character.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Nasir's help a spd capped Aran can double the auras.

Aran's Spd cap is 33 Spd. With Nasir's help, he gets 38 AS. You need at least 39 AS to double Auras.

Meg: 1/10. Seriously. She's utterly pointless on a draft. Period.

Not so pointless when you don't have any other DB besides her, Micaiah and Sothe. This is implying that you are using her, so consider that at least.

Like Meg, I never tried Aran before, and I probably never will. On purpose. But because I am biased, I will give him this score:

You have to be drafting reeeally poorly to only have Meg as your DB'er or everyone tried to screw you over because you have Haar or something. I still think her cons outweight her nonexistent pros. All Ive heard so far is...but BEXP and omg forges. Any unit can perform well with those, just saying. But since she CAN perform decently with them and Leo cant...I think she deserves more than him.

Aran:

Pros: Really good growths in str skl def so he grows into a tank. Excellent mid-late DB pick. Can OHKO Laguz in 3-6 with Beastfoe and a forge. This, combined with his def allows him to perform really well even if Spd Screwed.

Cons: Bad luck spd and res making him prone to doubling from enemies, critblicking and sleep staves. Doesnt hit the great 34 spd in endgame.

I give him a 8/10 even though Ive never drafted him.

Meg (remembered this is assuming a draft):

All the things I said before for pros and cons.

But rating = 3.5/10. She IS better than Leo in a draft setting.

Edited by PKL

All Ive heard so far is...but BEXP and omg forges. Any unit can perform well with those, just saying.

Sudden that makes a bad unit? What's wrong with needing BEXP and forges to actually end up being good? Nephenee and Mia need that too to have good offense.

No offense, if you ONLY have Meg for DB, you're already screwed anyway.

Why would that be offensive? It isn't.

You probably aren't screwed if you ended up with Meg for two reasons:

- You'll have Haar or Titania

- Sothe and Micaiah need at least the support of one other DBer. Just go ahead and duo Part 1 with just Micaiah and Sothe. Let's see how healthy that is for your turncount on the way there.

But Soul, theres no way to get bad units in a draft if we assume everyone is good with BEXP + forges. Sure, they do get better but come on... Some still do it better than others. And the fact is, that only Fiona and Leonardo perform worse than Meg in drafts. Meg IS one of the least preferable options for the DB. If we keep up with this BEXP + forges fix her, then no one is bad. And everyone gets at least an 8/10. Rating units in drafts is not definetely not easy...

You also mentioned Neph and Mia. Remember those 2 are in the GM, who usually get a lot of money from Ilyana and themselves. So they have less trouble getting good forges. Meg is taking from the Poor DB who already has it hard on them with Sothe's forges.

Edited by PKL

But Soul, theres no way to get bad units in a draft if we assume everyone is good with BEXP + forges. Sure, they do get better but come on... Some still do it better than others.

We get bad units at first, and later we fix them with a typical process like that. Of course, we aren't ignoring their bad start and their possible constant handicaps (like Meg's low Mov).

And the fact is, that only Fiona and Leonardo perform worse than Meg in drafts. Meg IS one of the least preferable options for the DB. If we keep up with this BEXP + forges fix her, then no one is bad. And everyone gets at least an 8/10. Rating units in drafts is not definetely not easy...

No, not really. I'm not saying that just because they're fixable and that they can become good they are great. I am just stating their most probable way of getting fixed to the point of being good to the team. This is quite possible when you have Meg drafted to help the DB.

You also mentioned Neph and Mia. Remember those 2 are in the GM, who usually get a lot of money from Ilyana and themselves. So they have less trouble getting good forges. Meg is taking from the Poor DB who already has it hard on them with Sothe's forges.

The GM can only mean as much when they are split up, depending on who you drafted. Nephenee has actually a pretty shaky start. Not as bad as Meg, but she can barely get her own kills and stuff. This is in Part 2. She is very much fixable in Part 3, and it's thanks to forges and BEXP to help her offensive issues. Meg doesn't have trouble getting a forge in the DB, unless you're doin' it wrong. She should be getting two forges during all of Part 1, like just about every DB should. A Max Mt Iron sword, and a Max Mt Steel forge by 1-E. She doesn't even need the Hit boost for the first forge. Sothe should only be using like 5 Iron knife forges throughout Part 1.

Aran gets a 9.0 from me. He's really tanky and loves crit forges him Nolan and Meg are similar but Aran is between both.

@PKL DB can use killing edge and fortune for more gold theres plenty of funds for DB (undraftee's weapons/skills etc).

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Meg 5.5/10

She starts out rather meh, but her speed increases pretty quickly. 5 move for most of Part 1 really hinder her though. Once she gets 2nd tier and then 3rd tier she should be okay. she does pretty well in Greil's route. For part 4 E, 32 speed doubles generals, which is like the only important thing cause who cares about doubling in 4-e-2/4/5 when they are easily done quickly. Her swords can be really annoying though, specially considering she doesn't like strength; for a girl that can lift cow its odd... She's okay if every other worthy DB has been drafted. Better than Fiona at least...

Aran 7/10

He's not that bad. His speed really screws most tactics and needs a lot of watching. His defence is great though. By 3-13 tigers were doing lik 4 damage on a playthrough once. lol.

@PKL DB can use killing edge and fortune for more gold theres plenty of funds for DB (undraftee's weapons/skills etc).

http://troll.me/images/kells/oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

Meg 5.5/10

She starts out rather meh, but her speed increases pretty quickly. 5 move for most of Part 1 really hinder her though. Once she gets 2nd tier and then 3rd tier she should be okay. she does pretty well in Greil's route. For part 4 E, 32 speed doubles generals, which is like the only important thing cause who cares about doubling in 4-e-2/4/5 when they are easily done quickly. Her swords can be really annoying though, specially considering she doesn't like strength; for a girl that can lift cow its odd... She's okay if every other worthy DB has been drafted. Better than Fiona at least...

Meg isn't too concerned about Mov in the DB chapters.

32 AS should be doubling everything not a SMs in the Tower.

Edited by Jigglypuff

Aran is a good option when Ed, Nolan and Volug are gone. He has to be cared in 1-4 because his avoid is lulzy and must take advantage of the unlucky laguz with a max mt/crt iron forge. He'll then get more tanklike and receive less damage for the rest of P1. Beastfoe for P3 and BEXP to fix sp, lck and res. He'll do good in Hawk and Greil Army (a pure water comes handy).

8/10

Edited by Quintessence

Meg isn't too concerned about Mov in the DB chapters.

32 AS should be doubling everything not a SMs in the Tower.

What good is doubling said units like warrior in 4-E when you barely and rarely fight them. That was sort of the point in my post. All you want is to double generals. I don't mention dragons because everything should be doubling them...

Aran: I don't know about you guys, but I see one of Eddy and Nolan's big draws as being able to save turns in 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4. Aran loses out on the first two, and is less capable of speeding up the second two, which is one strike against him. Later on in part 1 and part 3, he easily preforms at the same level as Nolan/Eddy/Zihark, but still has to deal with a painful speed growth.

7.5/10

Meg: Aran except much much worse. She has to deal with a lot of extra problems, namely poor bases, poor movement in 3-6 (and lower movement all around), a low starting level and a crippling T2 speed cap. Gets as high a score as she gets purely for being a DB unit. 3/10

Aran: I don't know about you guys, but I see one of Eddy and Nolan's big draws as being able to save turns in 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4. Aran loses out on the first two, and is less capable of speeding up the second two, which is one strike against him. Later on in part 1 and part 3, he easily preforms at the same level as Nolan/Eddy/Zihark, but still has to deal with a painful speed growth.

7.5/10

Most drafts nowadays tend to leave Nolan/eddy as free from 1-p --> 1-2. Thats why they dropped in popularity... they used to be drafted in the first 3 picks...

Edited by SlayerX

They didn't drop their "popularity". They are still usually picked over Haar and Titania.

Lol haar is banned in most, and yes they actually feel like they dropped in popularity... or maybe i;m focusing too much on that one draft where almost everyone ignored those two in the first round...

Most drafts nowadays tend to leave Nolan/eddy as free from 1-p --> 1-2. Thats why they dropped in popularity... they used to be drafted in the first 3 picks...

Yes, but an extra unit in 1-1 and 1-2 is still a big deal and can probably shave a turn in each. This is assuming you only get one of the two, which I believe is standard.

Edited by Overlord Zetta

Yes, but an extra unit in 1-1 and 1-2 is still a big deal and can probably shave a turn in each. This is assuming you only get one of the two, which I believe is standard.

5 turning 1-2 is possible with only one of nolan or Eddy +miccy and sothe. But i think its far too hard to get thani... (not like you seriously need thani because lack of thani doesn't hurt too much, but its always nice to have it...). 1-1 can also be 5 turned with eddy i believe, but you need some dodges, and wrath i think.

Aran got a 7.6 average. Meg got a 3.8 on average.

Moving on to the next.

Day 10: Volug

Pros: Ridiculous durabilty. Great offense. Decent availability. 9 move. Earth affinity.

Cons: Gauge problems starting in 3-6. Lack of 2 range. Bad res although that's like - .1 worth lol. Basically, his problem is that he is a laguz.

I give him a 7.5/10. Lack of 2 range really hurts him if he is your only unit in DB and he cant take too many aggresion in 3-6 due to gauge problems. Which might cost a turn or too. Same with 3-12. He is great everywhere else though. Solid choice, but definetely not a great pick as your only DB unit.

7/10

His lack of 2 range really hurts him. He is good with some back up. I bet leo + Volug could work fairly well. His gauge is not that problematic with good use of olivi grass, however this huts him because it means no player phase which is his only real option of getting rid of 2 rangers.

He's got great bases and he's pretty much set as long as he doesn't stay with A strike for part 3. I recommend leaving wildheart on him just in case. His major setback is no 2-range and that really slows him a lot throughout the game. I give him a 7/10 not the best DB choice imo.