Rate the Unit, Day 40:Karla

Thor Odinson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, first of all you have to train the god-awful Bartre up to level 5 promoted just to recruit her. That's already a huge negative, but it gets even worse: her stats are horrid and she's sword-locked. Combine that with her almost non-existant availability and you have the worst unit in this game.

0/10

Edited by OrangeCrush

Even if you didn't need to get Loltre to Lv 5 promoted (I don't think anyone's crazy/sadistic enough to wait any longer than lv10 to promote him, unless he was HUGELY speed everything blessed), she's still a completely useless unit. 0.05/10 because she gives you the Wo Dao which you missed out on because you recruited Harken instead of her brother.

Edited by Epic Fail

Hotness is allowed 1 point, not 3.

Well there's clearly 2 different points for hotness, one for Karla herself and one for producing Fir (his point of view, not mine). And a 1/10 isn't too far off from all the other scores, so the 1/10 plus 2 different hotness points clearly logically adds up to a 3/10.

Duh.

WHATISSHEFIGHTINGFOR?????????????????

0/10

The end to your dumb memes.

Anyways, I didn't even know Karla was in this game. Imagine that, I'm off to play HHM and level up Bartre The Brave to a Lv. 5 Hero, or whatever axemen promote to in this game.

Well there's clearly 2 different points for hotness, one for Karla herself and one for producing Fir (his point of view, not mine). And a 1/10 isn't too far off from all the other scores, so the 1/10 plus 2 different hotness points clearly logically adds up to a 3/10.

Duh.

Fir isn't in FE7 and thus not allowed to have a hotness score here.

([bLEEP] using Bartre

When I saw this, I totally thought of something else, considering she and Bartre have a daughter later on. Anyways, on to business.

I said I wouldn't give this to any unit, but I totally forgot about Karla: 0/10

I know you guys all hate on Wil, but she is worse objectively, without any doubt, in just about every way. At bare minimum, Wil is free recruitment and can chip in LHM and kill a pegasus or two in HHM when he joins relatively early on. Karla has literally the most random and retarded recruitment of ANY Fire Emblem unit EVER (that I can think of; does anybody top her?), to the point where I would never recruit her without a guide; you have to train one of the worst units in the game to ??/5, have him fight in the second to last Gaiden chapter in the arena, and then have him fight the random unit that appears (and live, which can be a bitch in itself without the iron rune). And what do you get? A unit with terrible bases that will NEVER replace somebody in your main party (and thus NEVER see combat) when she joins. AND SHE IS THE LAST "NORMAL" CHARACTER TO BE RECRUITED IN THE GAME.

When I saw this, I totally thought of something else, considering she and Bartre have a daughter later on. Anyways, on to business.

I said I wouldn't give this to any unit, but I totally forgot about Karla: 0/10

I know you guys all hate on Wil, but she is worse objectively, without any doubt, in just about every way. At bare minimum, Wil is free recruitment and can chip in LHM and kill a pegasus or two in HHM when he joins relatively early on. Karla has literally the most random and retarded recruitment of ANY Fire Emblem unit EVER (that I can think of; does anybody top her?), to the point where I would never recruit her without a guide; you have to train one of the worst units in the game to ??/5, have him fight in the second to last Gaiden chapter in the arena, and then have him fight the random unit that appears (and live, which can be a bitch in itself without the iron rune). And what do you get? A unit with terrible bases that will NEVER replace somebody in your main party (and thus NEVER see combat) when she joins. AND SHE IS THE LAST "NORMAL" CHARACTER TO BE RECRUITED IN THE GAME.

Xavier might top her just for sheer difficulty.

Anyway, 1.01/10. 1 for hotness and 0.01 for not being completely useless. She's 99.9% of the way there, but she can at least do something (combat), no matter how terrible it is if you decide to use her for some crazy reason. When a 1/1 Bartre can survive a round with her, there is something wrong.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Karla has literally the most random and retarded recruitment of ANY Fire Emblem unit EVER

Well there is Stefan. Probably even more people would have gone through the game 60 times without knowing he existed.

.6 for hotness.

.3 for at least being prepromo and not costing 1(potentially 2) Hero Crests.

.2 for neat sword.

1.1 for me. Yes, I dislike Rath more than Karla

Edits: .7/10 . I still dislike Rath.

Edited by Elieson

A unit with terrible bases that will NEVER replace somebody in your main party (and thus NEVER see combat) when she joins. AND SHE IS THE LAST "NORMAL" CHARACTER TO BE RECRUITED IN THE GAME.

Renault is also a normal character, you know. And he also has terrible bases. At least he has staff utility, though.

.6 for hotness.

.3 for at least being prepromo and not costing 1(potentially 2) Hero Crests.

.2 for neat sword.

1.1 for me. Yes, I dislike Rath more than Karla

Out of curiosity, why do you dislike Rath so much? Also, I don't see that point about Karla not costing a Hero Crest since you have to raise Bartre, and thus she indirectly costs a Hero Crest, as I see it.