Rate the Unit, Day 40:Karla

Thor Odinson

Rate the Unit, Day 40: Karla

Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on LHM and HHM. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Make votes easily visible, please~! ##Vote:

- Every ranking phase ends approximately at 20:00 EST. Do the math for your timezone.

Scores (in ascending order)

Wallace: 1.12

Nino: 1.65

Wil: 1.85

Bartre: 2.78

Rebecca: 2.84

Dart: 3.86

Karel: 4.01

Dorcas: 4.19

Rath: 4.28

Canas: 5.07

Eliwood: 5.34

Louise: 5.52

Vaida: 5.53

Guy: 5.71

Farina: 5.95

Erk: 6.01

Jaffar: 6.03

Lyn: 6.07

Matthew: 6.17

Serra: 6.27

Geitz: 6.50

Legault: 6.55

Lowen: 6.71

Lucius: 6.94

Oswin: 6.98

Hawkeye: 7.21

Isadora: 7.24

Hector: 7.63

Heath: 7.67

Fiora: 7.99

Harken: 8.03

Kent: 8.17

Priscilla: 8.38

Raven: 8.39

Florina: 8.41

Pent: 8.60

Ninian/Nils: 8.80

Sain: 8.83

Marcus: 9.63

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Karla is the most useless prepromote/unit in general that FE7 could come up with. At least Wallace nets you Sainadin/Kentadin and Wil could shoot a peg and get some self-improvement through Lyn Mode and Nino could contribute to exp rank and actually ends up as something if you train her. Karla? None of the above. She's got shittier stats than her brother, whom is often passed over for Harken anyway, and she joins several chapters later than him. Her durability is SHIT. Her offense is SHIT. She's a swordlock on foot and FE7 is a terrible game to be one of those. On top of that, she requires training a terrible unit such as Bartre to 10/5 to get her, which is detrimental to your team due to HHM being very tight on slots especially when your prep screen first appears. By that connection, she costs a Crest that could've been used on a superior unit like Raven or Guy, unless you somehow are seriously using Bartre. Overall, quite useless. Only reason why someone would get her is for completionist reasons.

Would be a 0, but I do have a soft spot for women wielding swords, so I'll give her a 0.05 instead.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0/10. I actually feel that recruitment is a legitimate reason to dock points in this case ([bLEEP] using Bartre, especially in HHM). And even if it wasn't, you still have someone with [bLEEP] bases and combat.

A Swordsmaster who joins just before the last couple chapters who's basically a later joining Karel with -2 in every stat(including con) except the same resistance and +1 luck, the only good thing about her is that she's weak enough that it isn't too tough for Bartre to survive a round of combat with her.

0.5/10

Karla is this chick with a sword that Bartre has the hots for.

Pros:

Cute mug.

Nice sword.

Cons:

All the things.

Bad stats.

Worse HP.

Cant kill squat.

Bitch to recruit.

Doesnt even exist.

wut.

Lances look at her and she dies.

0.5/10. I have used her as a filler before but she was just so bad even then. I like using Bartre at times but i dont use him to get her. For ages and ages, i didnt even know she existed. Biased ranking 2/10 because i like her mug a lot for some reason. Shes super cute.

Normally, I wouldn't bother to rate such a shitty unit in detail, but here goes.

Karla is, to be blunt, quite bad. And I mean, ultramassive bad. First things first, her offense sucks. 18 spd is good and all(doubles most things except swordmasters and heroes), but 14 str is 9 worse than what Harken started with, and she's swordlocked, which equates to 22 atk w/ wo dao or 27 w/ silver. To give an idea, 22 atk is not even 4HKOing anything with any reasonable durability in VoD, and her offense is a complete joke vs anything remotely durable(does 5*2 damage against 50HP/16def wyvern lords with wo dao). Like, the only things she one rounds are magic users, and she needs silver to do it guaranteed. When other people can do it with something like a hand axe, that's bad.

Her durability is a joke. 29HP/11def is getting 2HKO'd by 26 atk, and most enemies in VoD reach that. Like, the only things NOT 2HKOing are cavs and pallies. Snipers, heroes, warriors, wvyerns, etc, obviously 2HKO her because they are generally carrying silver(or in the case of warriors and wyverns, are just really fucking strong.) And relative to other PC's, it's worse than base level Pent's.

The one last strike against her is her insane recruitment requirement. In order to even GET Karla, you need Bartre at ?/5. This actually isn't too hard of an ordeal since Bartre only needs 12 levels(8+4 promo), but this requires that Bartre participates in every map until he's Lv10/5, and of course, uses up one of your precious hero crests.

Now, most of the shitty units discussed before at least bring SOMETHING to the table. Wallace gives the player the ability to have a promoted Sain/Kent, Wil can snipe at those two pegs in C16, and Nino can actually become good after 34 levels worth of babying. Karla, on the other hand, does not even have THOSE redeeming qualities.

I think I'm done. I can't take anymore.

Edited by darkandroid125