Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Draft

riariadne

Well, I wanted a bit of fun with a powerful pokemon. (Makes up for the Ledyba who is really not as good as I hoped for this time around)

I dare you.

Pick Salamence and the birds

(trollface)

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to start since the very first little group are gone and so I did. RNG decided to love me and let Eevee be Female for me, as it did with Teddiursa also.

I did the beginning rubbish and got to Gateon port. I caught Ledyba and decided to choose the thunderstone since my first choice, Mareep, was chosen before I could get it.

I then went to Agate Village and gave Jolteon a nickname. Then I went and purified Teddiursa and Ledyba. After that I did the Mt Battle stuff and went to catch Spheal.

I trained for a little while at Mt Battle after that and then managed to purify Spheal.

In Party:
Pokemon Nickname Ability Nature M/F Lvl HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spd Move 1 Move 2 Move 3 Move 4 Item
Jolteon Voltie Volt Absorb Hardy F 16 51 28 27 45 38 48 Tackle Thundershock Bite Sand Attack
Teddiursa Teddy Pickup Brave F 16 48 36 22 21 23 18 Return Fury Swpes Lick Metal Claw
Ledyba Buzz Swarm Naughty M 17 44 13 20 23 31 27 Psybeam Comet Punch Aerial Ace Supersonic
Spheal Aurora Thick Fat Bold F 19 60 22 29 31 25 14 Aurora Beam Body Slam Water Gun Mud Slap
[/Code]

Total Pickups:

lv 11: Antidote

lv 15: Full Heal

lv 16: Full Heal, Antidote

My new banner looks a lot like my English teacher, I must say.

Edited by Snivy

I've just beaten Lovrina, waiting for my next pick to move on from there.

Only thing that's changed is that Espeon, Teddy and Numel are all Lv. 20. Only so many ways for all that EXP to go...

As for pickups, on a failed Numel catch Teddy (in the Lv. 11-19 range) picked up a Great Ball, and other pickups from that range include a Full Heal and one of the minor status healing items. That Ultra Ball from earlier caught Delcatty on the first try! getin001.gif

Return isn't all that bad when you pump a bunch of Vivid Scents into it...

Pokemon!   Level  Gndr   Nature    Ability      HP   Atk   Def   SpA   SpD   Spd   Moves
Espeon     20      M     Quiet    Synchronize   59    34    32    63    49    47   Confusion, Bite, Tail Whip, Sand Attack
Teddiursa  20      F     Impish   Pickup        58    42    29    24    29    22   Return, Fake Tears, Lick, Metal Claw
Numel      20      M     Serious  Oblivious     60    34    25    32    23    24   Take Down, Charm, Magnitude, Ember

the birds

Still not draftable

What're the winning conditions? Average lowest levels?

Not a competitive thing. Just for fun and to use guys you might've never used before.

also I'll be mad if I want to be creeper Larvitar was totally going to be my next pick because dammit I haven't used it in XD

Edited by Dirk Strider

Still not draftable

Not a competitive thing. Just for fun and to use guys you might've never used before.

also I'll be mad if I want to be creeper Larvitar was totally going to be my next pick because dammit I haven't used it in XD

even with trade bonus, it's still a prick to get to 3rd form.

level 55 evolution says hi.

Of course, I do this babying to Kirlia all the time so w/e.

Right then. This may be a difficult one but... Larvitar.

This actually doesn't seem like as bad as idea as it was before, Larvitar gets Rock Slide at Lv. 22, and double-hitting moves are pretty nice... Still, you're probably not going to get a Tyranitar, but Pupitar isn't too bad...

Good luck catching a Wooper, you'll need it!

This actually doesn't seem like as bad as idea as it was before, Larvitar gets Rock Slide at Lv. 22, and double-hitting moves are pretty nice... Still, you're probably not going to get a Tyranitar, but Pupitar isn't too bad...

Good luck catching a Wooper, you'll need it!

inb4 CR-S01 picks something cute.

Like Shellder, the last mon with Ice Stab

Damn. Wooper is the one I find least of the 3. Oh well, It will be well worth it in the end. I would most likely end up grinding to around 55 anyway to make the final fight easier and Tyranitar+STAB Rock moves= Bird ownage.

even with trade bonus, it's still a prick to get to 3rd form.

level 55 evolution says hi.

dude that's not the point

the point is that Larvitar is awesome

Cute.

But I don't even like cute. I like special attackers.

Fuck, my Eevee is naughty natured. Guess I'll go with Flareon or Umbreon. :3

Edited by CR-S01

Hell, it has dragon dance in XD.

ok still not the point

I wanted Larvitar almost entirely for being awesome aesthetically, not because I could grind it and wreck citadark

also let's totally be Flareon bros CR

Espeon=Flareon>Umbreon=Vaporeon>Jolteon ingame IMO.

Well,

Naughty.

Flareon def.

Shadow ball is epic on it.

I'm willing to reset for natures.

And spend 10000 on scents.

On a side note, I'm in trouble for nothing. Go figure.

So Rein has my list, I'll try to be on though.

Edited by The Insane One

Espeon=Flareon>Umbreon=Vaporeon>Jolteon ingame IMO.

Care to explain? Because as I see it, the only water type that might be better than Vaporeon is Starmie, which is snaggable on Citadark.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Vaporeon has no good stab unless we get water pulse.

Sharpedo and Walrein are still better due to stab and coming with water moves after purification.

Vaporeon relies on bite forever, then has whoa comp. For IB and water pulse may not be gotten if we don't want to clear mt battle area 2.

So, Carvahna, Spheal and Seel and Shelder are the pre citidark waters. Vaporeon has low def, speed and lack of stab moves for a long time.

Not to mention Espeon/Flareon would probobly be best on paper ingame.

Espeon can sweep with high sp attack, bite and soon psybeam.

Flareon has high att/sp att, decent def/spd/sp def.

So, as for IB useage, we have much competition.

We may not get water pulse.

Hydro pump comes whoa late and has only 5 pp.

Aurora beam comes kinda late on vaporeon.

Relying on bite for half the game=no please.

I guess an XD tier list would have Carvahna near the top, along with houndour and Shroomish and seedot. With Eevee=Seth and Teddiursa=Franz.

Oh, and with these rules, Starmie is no-no.

Inb4 Trapinch goes.

Vaporeon has no good stab unless we get water pulse.

Sharpedo and Walrein are still better due to stab and coming with water moves after purification.

Vaporeon relies on bite forever, then has whoa comp. For IB and water pulse may not be gotten if we don't want to clear mt battle area 2.

So, Carvahna, Spheal and Seel and Shelder are the pre citidark waters. Vaporeon has low def, speed and lack of stab moves for a long time.

Not to mention Espeon/Flareon would probobly be best on paper ingame.

Espeon can sweep with high sp attack, bite and soon psybeam.

Flareon has high att/sp att, decent def/spd/sp def.

So, as for IB useage, we have much competition.

We may not get water pulse.

Hydro pump comes whoa late and has only 5 pp.

Aurora beam comes kinda late on vaporeon.

Relying on bite for half the game=no please.

I guess an XD tier list would have Carvahna near the top, along with houndour and Shroomish and seedot. With Eevee=Seth and Teddiursa=Franz.

Oh, and with these rules, Starmie is no-no.

Inb4 Trapinch goes.

Spheal doesn't evolve into Walrein until late (level 44). Also, it only has Water Gun for a Water move. And in what universe is level 16 (when Vaporeon learns Water Gun) "a long time" when Eevee starts at level 10?

Water Pulse isn't hard to get, if you're using Vappy to begin with you'll probably go for it. It's in Area 2, which is really easy, so Wynaut?

Jolteon can get Shock Wave, though I don't remember where...

Umbreon's the worst, but it's still not really bad.

Water Pulse isn't hard to get, if you're using Vappy to begin with you'll probably go for it. It's in Area 2, which is really easy, so Wynaut?

Jolteon can get Shock Wave, though I don't remember where...

Umbreon's the worst, but it's still not really bad.

Shock Wave's on Mt. Battle as well (as are the other TMs you get from Gym Leaders in RSE). I don't remember which area you have to complete for it, however...

Edit: Maybe it's Area 3? Though that area has a huge level spike from Areas 1 and 2.

Edited by Metal King Slime