Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Draft

riariadne

Yeah Shock Wave is in Area 3. But the level jump is pretty significant, something like from level 12-15 to fricking level 27. Except for that weirdo that has the two level 18 Pokémon right after that devil Raichu.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Shock Wave is in Area 3. But the level jump is pretty significant, something like from level 12-15 to fricking level 27. Except for that weirdo that has the two level 18 Pokémon right after that devil Raichu.

Figures.

Bold: ...What? I don't remember such a trainer in Area 3 having Pokemon that level....

You don't really have the option of skipping Water Pulse if you want Vaporeon to be any good. The only functional differences between Bite and Water Gun are that they are different types and Bite has a small chance at flinching... which makes Bite better than Water Gun except for when Water Gun does more damage.

Flareon being as good as Espeon makes no sense. Espeon outspeeds almost everything in-game whereas Flareon is pretty slow and needs either level inflation or a +Spe nature with good Spe IVs to outspeed evolved Pokemon later in the game. The immediate power difference between 130 SpA and 95 SpA is also huge; Espeon OHKOs a lot of things with Bite or Confusion early in the game that Flareon cannot. Flareon also gets a weaker Ember at level 16. Later in the game Flareon can pick up Fire Blast and Flamethrower earlier, but Espeon gets a better STAB in Psychic that outdamages Fire Blast for the rest of the game. Shadow Ball, Body Slam, and Double-Edge aren't spectacularly effective against anything...

Oh also Espeon gets dual screens. It's a handy option if you don't want to gum your way through a team of Shadow Pokemon using your own Shadow Pokemon.

Edited by dondon151

Wait.

The johto starters are not on the list.

They're only availible on story mode if you complete the mt battle challenge.

Don't they require you to go through all 100 trainers in one run?

Edited by Metal King Slime

Yep. You have to complete Mt. Battle in one go with the same team throughout; no switching or leaving. But I don't think that the Johto starters should be draftable, considering that your team would need to be around level 60-70 or so just to get through the challenge.

Yep. You have to complete Mt. Battle in one go with the same team throughout; no switching or leaving. But I don't think that the Johto starters should be draftable, considering that your team would need to be around level 60-70 or so just to get through the challenge.

I figured as much.

Hey, maybe we could do a Colosseum draft after we're done with this, 'cause I've got that game too. It's awesome and the Cipher Admin theme is a lot cooler in Colosseum than XD. Also, It's got the best Miror B. EVAR.

Oh and Serious Sam it's your pick so pick something doitdoitdoitdoit