Game screenshots & info

No. 3

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A generic Leaf with his own portrait. I guess this strongly suggests that even DLC characters will have spotpass versions too. Wait, what's Ephraim's class there? I thought soldiers weren't in this game? Also, Eliwood was a social knight, but Celice was an unmounted unit?

Anyway, Roy's model looks really cheap. They didn't even give him his bandanna and cape. It's just a recolored mercenary... Meh, forget what I just said then. I don't think the DLC units will get spotpass versions in this case. They'd be basically the same thing. Also, according to the Japanese FE13 Wiki, Roy's class is just the standard mercenary one, no mechanics change at all, unlike Marth's Starlord.

Edited by NeonZ

A generic Leaf with his own portrait. I guess this strongly suggests that even DLC characters will have spotpass versions too. Wait, what's Ephraim's class there? I thought soldiers weren't in this game? Also, Eliwood was a social knight, but Celice was an unmounted unit?

Anyway, Roy's model looks really cheap. They didn't even give him his bandanna and cape. It's just a recolored mercenary... Meh, forget what I just said then. I don't think the DLC units will get spotpass versions in this case. They'd be basically the same thing. Also, according to the Japanese FE13 Wiki, Roy's class is just the standard mercenary one, no mechanics change at all, unlike Marth's Starlord.

Marth starlord is basically a recolor of MM lord class.... and Celice's promotion wasn't forced promotion like Krom's, unlike most of the Lords they are not considered promoted in this game, they promote like any other character so I heard.

Wrt DLCs and Spotpass, if you receive/pay for them once will you always be able to go back to that map to fight and get them again in subsequent playthroughs?

Edited by Luminescent Blade

This confirms my theory then. Each DLC character is simply placed in a class that best fits they're past skill-set. Roy being a Mercenary makes sense considering his stats. I will say they could've added his head-band (he's actually not wearing his cape) to his model, but you win some and lose some.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the other characters get their own class.

Also, Soldier Ephraim?

Roy being a Mercenary makes sense considering his stats. I will say they could've added his head-band (he's actually not wearing his cape) to his model, but you win some and lose some.

But Mercenary Roy will be unable to use the Rapier. I hope they let him reclass into Lord, even if it's just a pallet swap of Marth's or Krom's classes. Anyway, I'm surprised that they actually turned Ephraim into a soldier. It fits him better than anything else, but there's no playable soldier in the game...

Edited by NeonZ

But Mercenary Roy will be unable to use the Rapier. I hope they let him reclass into Lord, even if it's just a pallet swap of Marth's or Krom's classes. Anyway, I'm surprised that they actually turned Ephraim into a soldier. It fits him better than anything else, but there's no playable soldier in the game...

True. But there is Roy's Tough Sword that you can give him just for fun. I'd suspect he can reclass into Lord considering all of Marth's reclassing options.

Here's to hoping Ephraim DLC grants us a playable Soldier. Now watch them go for promoted Ephraim and make him a Paladin instead.

Now watch them go for promoted Ephraim and make him a Paladin instead.

this is what they'll probably do... beside soldiers look meh in this game

Marth was probably an exception because he's never had a promotion so they just made him a class that caps at level 30 (and let him reclass to every male class)

also is this dlc free as well? or do you have to pay?

Edited by Velth

Is that seriously the Talys map again

seriously

look if it was a bigger and more substantial map I'd understand its repetition here - I've certainly seen cases where the same chapter is reused but plays very differently - but come on it's the first chapter of its games of origin, one which doesn't even have anything to do with Roy! This is just a little bit worrying as far as the DLC's approach. I guess we'll see once footage of Leaf's crops up.

Is that seriously the Talys map again

seriously

look if it was a bigger and more substantial map I'd understand its repetition here - I've certainly seen cases where the same chapter is reused but plays very differently - but come on it's the first chapter of its games of origin, one which doesn't even have anything to do with Roy! This is just a little bit worrying as far as the DLC's approach. I guess we'll see once footage of Leaf's crops up.

I thought the same thing, until we had the excuse of "it's Marth though."

Not that makes it any nicer to hear.

All the DLCs introduced so far seem underwhelming and easy, not really worth the money.

They seem to be geared towards playing really early in the game, in terms of difficulty. If you made it too hard the kids would cry they can't get their Roy early! So that's a bit understandable. (The Lunatic mode stats for Marth's DLC seems like it could be challenging if you play it quite early on.)

However, they definitely seem really lazy. Marth seemed like a good start, with his custom class and whatnot, but using the same map (I think?), generic Mercenary sprite for Roy, etc, just not very impressive.

Not liking the look of this. I'll probably just get the Marth DLC and stick with that, unless they start doing better with future DLC. Hopefully enough other people will also just stick with Marth to send a message to Nintendo about what works and what doesn't.