Rate the Unit, Day 49: Juno

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0800 and 0900 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Sophia: 0.45

Bors: 1.14

Cath: 1.48

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Douglas: 2.76

Fa: 3.02

Dorothy: 3.17

Garret: 3.36

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Hugh: 4.15

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Cecilia: 5.61

Sue: 5.64

Zeiss: 5.70

Igrene: 5.73

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Niime: 7.77

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Percival: 9.60

Rutger: 9.61

Miredy: 9.88

alllmost done

this has gone on too long for my liking

EDIT: lol it's 49

Edited by Integrity

As a combat unit; she's not good at all... She has Jeigan-like growths and meh bases and that's bad!

But, she's okay as a utility unit; she can be useful in those long-ass rescue chains and be of use in the first Bern chapter and the gaiden where you get Apocalypse; provided that you keep her out of the range of anything that has a bow.

Again; she's nice as a rescue bot; but her stats are the big issue; and her sisters and Miledy/Zeiss completely outclass her as a flier.

I'll be generous enough to give her...

But bias points for personality! So...

That is for making me finish certain some big-ass annoying maps quickly and be of less pain to ferry Roy whereas the other flyers are busy causing chaos and destruction all over the place.

Edited by Biological Abomination

Juno's bases aren't so good, especially at this point in the game, and her growths don't give her justice; 20% STR and 30% SPD is... dry.gif But, she does start out with A Lances despite this.

She is worth a deployment in chapter 21 as use of a ferry bot.

3/10, +.5 bias since she's pretty. 3.5/10

Oh dear. Yuno. She looks pretty nice and her husband is Marcus 2, but she's sort of a wreck. She has a couple 30s in her growths (and I think like a 45% in LCK, but come on now it's LCK), but they're still pretty much obsolete. Her offensive bases are 11STR-14SKL-16SPD. Aw yeah this lady is killing loads and loads of poor scrubs.

She's a Falcoknight, and they couldn't be bothered to at least beef her base SPD a little? On her joining chapter, she doubles armors, a couple archers and like one druid. And there's a good chance she's tinking armors unless you give her a Silver Lance. And she can use them, but are you going to bother giving one to her when Alance, Miledy, or Percival could be using it to actually kill loads and loads of poor scrubs? Let's not mention her 7 CON.

I feel little need to go on to her 8 DEF-12 RES. Yuno has some level of potential to tote allies around, but you've already been given four fliers and, what, three Whips? At this point, she is an inconsequential utility unit with bad combat. Blah.

3/10

Yeah, yeah you can fly. Unfortunately for you the other flyers can at least do something else then ferrying people around. Flying doesn't save bad bases, and meh growths in my opinion.

I guess she can be of some use in chapter 21 since it has many deployment slots.

2.5/10

1 point for existing

1 point for flying

0.5 points for being one of the two best looking characters in the game.

Yuno's not worth it. When recruited, she doesn't even have any items on her. Not even an Elixir or even a Vulnerary. I know the story has it that she's banged up in a cell, but that is just meh.

On top of that, while her bases may look decent at a glance, they are actually pretty crap considering her join time. The low bases are not even justified with decent growths, either.

The only thing saving her from being benched is her flying utility, which can be used to ferry other units around.

So basically, what other people have been saying. She's one of the reasons I dislike going through the Ilia route.

30%.

Edited by Raven

Flies and shit. Poor durability and all, but unless you didn't use your nomads at all at least one of Thany or Tate is likely trained at this point. Juno can free up said Thany/Tate/hell, Zeiss (and if you using Millie to ferry to start with you're doing something seriously wrong) and let them go kill things. That's able to be useful in some form. That's more than some people can say.

But terrible fighter so should probably just ferry while your other fliers kill things anyway.

4/10.

Bad stats and flight. In a series of threads where we gave Tate a 7.8 and Zeiss a 5.7, I'd say it's safe to give Juno a semi-almost-decent score too. She certainly doesn't fly worse than anyone else, and it's not like we gave Thany actual levels.

Edited by Duff Ostrich

Strong 1/2* / ****! Not hard to see almost immediately that this character is in a very good class but manages to screw that up with her bases/growths. Completely godawful at hard mode other than maybe ferrying. It could be someone weak like Roy to the throne and not for many chapters, either. And you already have several warp candidates now. She causes heads to shake instead of roll. No, no, I wouldn't field her past her joining chapter unless I was beyond desperate for an extra ferrier.

~3

BTW, Thany is forever much better at killing high attack enemies like mages as opposed to the people in the best class like Alan/Lance or any of your own resistance-targeters and has supports devoted to boosting her attack.......so levelling her isn't difficult.

Edited by FabledTome

Someone needs to take a chill pill.

Due to the way female rescue works, Juno's 7 CON means that she's stuck ferrying people with 13 CON or lower. One of my party mainstays is Dieck, which is a problem. Miledy's rescue situation is even worse, but her job is to kill stuff so the rescue caravan can get through with minimal hassle. I guess she can also chuck ranged weapons for a teensy bit of damage? Maybe?

2/10

Bitch don't come with weapons, bitch ain't getting weapons. She can die for all I care. Lol that sounds harsh, but I really don't like her as a unit.

I wonder what happens to Juno if you go to the Sacae route. Does she just stay banged up in Ilia forever and die?

Edited by Raven

The only thing she has going for her other than what has been said above is her utility to have Shani and Tate get a 100% critical with Triangle Attack. Might be useful for Chapter 21, as u have to finish it quickly to make it to the gaiden chapter.

152.jpg

2.5/10

Edited by リンダ