Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frey could've merely been captured and held prisoner until the war ended.

The chapter you recruit her is on that island in the south right? Maybe she fell into the sea?

Edited by Mysterique Sign

Do heal and mend work like the GBA/Tellius games or the DS ones?

DS

Frey could've merely been captured and held prisoner until the war ended.

The chapter you recruit her is on that island in the south right? Maybe she fell into the sea?

She was in the desert; that doesn't really sound likely...

Do we have any indication that the Spotpass maps are "canon"? I've been assuming they were fun little side-stories, because the believability just isn't there.

Perhaps. But does that mean Mark's existence isn't canon if MU pairs with one of them? What if you then take them or Mark into the final battle? Just seems kinda strange for the game to recognize it in that case.

Are there any skill combos that you really like?

While repeatedly raiding IDW with a maxed out Mark and MU, I found Lightning Speed and Life Absorb to work really well together, which is no surprise. Lightning Speed also helped with mobility combined with Movement +1, Carrier, and Pass to reach the chests quickly. MU wasn't able to use Lightning Speed, so I just had Mark land the first kill each turn to activate it and had MU use Picklock to actually open the chests after reaching them.

I'm still missing Sol Katti and a Double Bow.

Hey, Othin, have you done the Entombed Heaven spotpass level yet? How much EXP does one Entombed yield for each character? And can you replay the level as many times as you like? I think I remember you mentioning that you you could play Alm and Celice's levels for endless Demon Fighter Manuals and Paragon Scrolls, right? Does replayability work for all levels?

It's a flood of questions, I know, but at least they're somewhat valid.

Edited by Karaszure

Hey, Othin, have you done the Entombed Heaven spotpass level yet? How much EXP does one Entombed yield for each character? And can you replay the level as many times as you like? I think I remember you mentioning that you you could play Alm and Celice's levels for endless Demon Fighter Manuals and Paragon Scrolls, right? Does replayability work for all levels?

It's a flood of questions, I know, but at least they're somewhat valid.

The Entomed vary in level from LV1 to LV30, and they all have huge Exp bonuses. The lower-leveled ones won't give much Exp for high-level characters, but they're still good for lower-level characters. And yeah, you can play it unlimited times, same with all DLC maps. I haven't used it much, but it's convenient for training weak characters.

To recruit Gangrel in his spotpass, you just talk to him with myunit instead of killing him.

It'll probably be the same for the other spotpass characters.

Not quite. For Gangrel, you have to talk to him with Krom three times, while spending that time keeping him busy so he doesn't kill himself or any of your characters. For Valhart, you need to fight him with Krom; he'll then join at the end of the map after you defeat him and the rest of the enemies. For Emelina, you just need to keep her alive as an NPC and she'll join at the end. So there isn't really something consistent so far.

Not quite. For Gangrel, you have to talk to him with Krom three times, while spending that time keeping him busy so he doesn't kill himself or any of your characters.

It's worth mentioning that you can talk to him twice in one turn by using a dancer, so it's more just keeping him from killing anyone for one turn rather than two. Seeing as he has a 1-2 range weapon, this isn't all that difficult to pull off so long as Krom has a solid double partner and maybe an elixer.

Not quite. For Gangrel, you have to talk to him with Krom three times, while spending that time keeping him busy so he doesn't kill himself or any of your characters. For Valhart, you need to fight him with Krom; he'll then join at the end of the map after you defeat him and the rest of the enemies. For Emelina, you just need to keep her alive as an NPC and she'll join at the end. So there isn't really something consistent so far.

Its consistent in that you don't kill them like you do on a normal playthrough.

Its consistent in that you don't kill them like you do on a normal playthrough.

Well, you do defeat Valhart, just like you do twice in the story.

And it's not just a normal playthrough; you kill them during the main story on all playthroughs. Things just happen differently within the sidequest at endgame.

I've got a quick question about Amatsu. I was browsing the swords list on the mainsite, and this one was the only one I couldn't really figure out. Is it a magical sword, or a physical ranged sword? What exactly does it do at range? Just curious.

Have you downloaded the Eirika Bride DLC yet?

Eirika's DLC is not yet available. It should become available late Wednesday night, in about 55 hours.

I intend to download it immediately upon its availability.

Edited by Othin

Eirika's DLC is not yet available. It should become available late Wednesday night, in about 55 hours.

I intend to download it immediately upon its availability.

Why did I think the release date of Eirika's DLC was June 4th?

This is a little offtopic, but you wanna visist the FE5 character rating topics? Right now we're rating Dalshin.