Rate the Unit, Day 38: Boah

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Maria: 1.05

Radd: 1.31

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Linde: 2.60

Roshea: 2.88

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Midia: 3.70

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Jake: 7.13

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

The good: -Warps at base or in other words, nice staff rank. The bad: - Pretty much everything else, bad bases, bad growths, meh availability, etc. 5/10 because another warper is cool

In the most basic sense, he's a different version of Wendell who trades availability for better Skl, Res, and weapon ranks. He's good for warping. But that's basically the only pro. One that should be easily replicated by Lena and Wendell by now. But yeah, I can't think of any use for this guy outside of Warp.

5/10

I don't know if my vote should be higher or lower at this point.

Edited by Fancy Grunt

"Hi, I'm Boah and none of my growths are over 30%"

"Hi Boah, I'm Wendell. I join earlier than you except with more speed and can use Excalibur"

"Well I can use Excalibur too Mr. Wendell. And I have access to Physic and Warp at base :P"

"Yeah Mr. Boah, but I at least have growths over 30%"

"Yo Wendell, your only growths higher than 30% are HP at 40%, Luck, also at 40%, which I beat you forever at, and Resistance at 35%, which I also beat you forever at"

"But Boah, I join 6 chapters before you"

"Wendell, my absolute bases are just as good as, or better than yours, excluding two points in speed"

And that is the story about two old men. :]

Anyways, I think Boah kinda gets a bad rap. Yeah, his growths are bad. But using Excalibur and Physic at base is something that Wendell can't do, though its certainly possible. Basically, Boah's a healbot, but he's pretty good at it. He joins later than Wendell, which is his biggest downfall. But the old guy has a couple of unique perks that are kinda useful (like Warp at base for Warp skippers or Physic at base, although Wendell can do both of those with some levelling. I can't find Weapon EXP levels on the main site, so I don't know how many Mends Wendell has to do to get C Staffs.

My vote is going to probably be way off of everyone else's, but I think he deserves an 8. Wendell's score can be rounded to 9, and Boah can have a -1 for joining later.

8/10

Edited by Lucina

I can't find Weapon EXP levels on the main site, so I don't know how many Mends Wendell has to do to get C Staffs.

Weapon Exp in FESD is a flat 2. If Wendell is reclassed to Bishop, it'll only take about 8 staff uses to get to C.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Warp access? Instant Excalibur? Sure, sounds good. Now I can free wendell to be the Dracoknight he always wanted to be.

7.5/10 with full bias because pope hat.

Being able to OHKO fliers, swing Psyhics and Warp at base and at his worst can Mend stuff shit up, Deserves more than 6/10 but 7/10 before bias is bushing it.

His weapon ranks are Just Peachy, but unlike Wendell, he can't randomly reclass for mayhem. Two points of Speed wouldn't be such a big deal if Wendell didn't have a massive chapter lead.

6.5/10

He can warp, which is awesome.

Also base tome rank is also decent.

But his stats are terrible.

And he's a douchebag who forced Nyna to marry against his will.

5/10 -1 bias

4/10

Boah

* Begins in Chapter 12

+ Good Weapon Rank (Staves C, Tome B)

- Horrible Stats

- Poor Growths

- He can't do much damage

Score 3/10

Edited by Enex

SM!Boah doesn't do much damage

ITT: Excalibur doesn't do "much damage".

Well, you have two characters who are more competent than Boah using it already.

Usually I'd not even argue that point, and it's not what I'm saying, because I always assume the unit being rated is being used and being given reasonable resources. But maybe that was the point Enex was trying to make.

1. Trading exists.

2. Even without Excalibur, the only things base Boah can't use are Aura and Imhulu. Bolganone appears in Chapter 12, and is one MT lower (and way the hell less accurate, but what's dodge?) Given that he's hitting RES, it's gonna hurt if he picks up a half-decent weapon.

Boah. Hmph. He's a Wendell poser.

Samto is to Navarre as Boah is to Wendell.

But hey, he still comes with nice weapon ranks so I won't fault him too badly.

Let's say 7.5/10.