Rate the Unit, Day 13: Brighton

Mikado

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity, which where then copied from the FE10 ratings)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get home from school, between 1500 and 1600 EST.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a warp staff" or any other justification as an argument.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

- Scrolls do have impact on a unit's rating. Though they are counted as a seperate point, but no more than +/-1. So that means one point for bias and one for scrolls!

- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.

Ronan: 2.42

Marty: 2.89

Tanya: 3.82

Evayl: 5.02

Machua: 7.03

Halvan: 7.35

Dagda: 7.54

Rifis: 7.70

Leaf: 8.18

Othin: 8.86

Fin: 9.06

Safy: 9.48

He’s good in the Manster and some indoor chapters, but there is really nothing special about him. Sure wrath is cool and all, but his stats don’t really shine for me.

5.5/10

Brighton comes in Manster as a fairly useful unit. While he's locked to 5 movement and his offensive stats aren't too impressive, his main purpose is to act as an offensive wall thanks to Wrath. You may either choose a less accurate OHKO with the Steel Sword or a more accurate, if slightly less powerful, option with either the Iron or Short Swords. Steel is probably better, since his speed is sometimes too low to permit doubling while Machua's support does fix his accuracy issues a little bit. Once he leaves Manster, he can grab whatever axes you left on Dalsin and be a great asset to the team.

Statwise, his bases are ok. His offensive stats are nothing special but his defenses are fairly decent compared to the rest of the team, probably only beaten by Life Ring Leaf at first. His offense is fairly easy to fix since he has Wrath anyway, but requires a more defensive, enemy phase based playstyle. Because his luck is very low, and unlike Rivis is only meant for combat, a scroll on him at all times isn't a bad idea. I'd definitely reccommend the Baldo scroll since the Hezul and Sety ones, being more important in giving key stats, should be traded around often, while Baldo's minor growth boosts also help him slightly. Once you leave Manster, he'll definitely appreciate the Odo scroll once in a while to lower his chances of missing, especially with Hand Axes and Hammers, but he shouldn't need much thanks to his high durability and good offense. He'll also appreciate a bit of Sety, but he's not a top priority like Asvel is in Manster.

He shouldn't have too much issues with weapon ranks either. D+10 isn't quite as high as Fin's D+30, but being forced indoors for three chapters certainly helps in building it. A decent rank and Wrath certainly makes him a better candidate than most mounties indoors should you need a filler unit. Meanwhile, a C+10 rank in axes makes him able to use just about any axes he wants at any time except the occasionnal Battle Axe right out of Manster.

A fairly good unit outdoors after a good performance without a mount for three chapters. As he grows, his accuracy issues are lessened thanks to leadership stars, Charisma bots and the Odo scroll, letting the enemies feel his almighty Wrath with ease. His superior defenses and movement make him IMO a better Wrath user than Othin.

8.5/10

Edited by Dio

Brighton has to juggle using two weapon types but he has somewhat decent weapon ranks on both and will be pratically required in the prison chapters. So I'd say he's an ok unit.

Its just too bad he wasn't a Free Knight, Cavalier, or Fighter.

5/10

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Stunning in Manster, his offense is pretty solid. He could benefit from a scroll or two, the Sety can put him in doubling territory, but he's still quite usable. With decent weapon ranks, Wrath and passable growths, you can't do much wrong. His PCC and luck blow, and criticals actually exist, so be careful!

7/10

It's saying something about how sadistic this game is when this guy is the one who keeps your groups sorry butt alive during Manster. He's got worse bases then Othin and Halvan, for crying out loud. And then you open the door and a bunch of armors with Battle Axes and Mages are immediately charging at you. Yikes!

Anyway, as I said he is the toughest guy in Manster for a while, so he is very helpful there. Afterwards, he gets his horse, and as this wasn't enough, his growths turn him into a tank. Many units in this game can kill, so one who is strong in the defense and being mounted on top of that is freaking awesome.

Sure, the other growths are lackluster but thanks to Wraith he has never trouble killing things, so it doesn't matter at all. He also gets supported by Machua, who he doesn't support in return. What a jerk.

8/10

Edited by BrightBow

Subpar in Speed and Luck. But his Pursuit Co Efficiant is more than enough to get him going in Manster along with Wrath. The only way that you can make this guy useable throughout the game is with the Sety/Odo scrolls(Provided if you aren't using Marty). Otherwise he will need the Sun Hit Manual. As he can benefit well from this along with his PCC and Wrath making him nearly invincible once he has enough Skill for activation that is. Give him a Speed Ring in the early portion of the game to get him to catch up more in Speed. If your planning to give Sun Hit to Leif, then you will want him to get the Speed Ring stat up items. Especially if your using Marty at the same time. As your getting Marty to use those Sety/Odo scrolls. Overall. Average.

5.5/10

Edited by リズ

Very helpful during Manster thanks to Wrath. When he gets a horse he gets some good defense and HP, although his skill and speed will require help. He's a solid unit if you choose to train him, but there are other options.

7/10

In the Manster chapters, he's practically required. Afterwards, he's a well-rounded unit with decent weapon ranks to work with. His durability is good for this game, and Wrath helps fortify his offense. His good start and poor, but balanced growths make him a prime candidate for scrolls (especially the generalist scrolls that don't help anyone with a major stat deficiency).

SO Brighton went UNDER Machua?

How the crap?

Also, this won't count, but 9/10, durable, good combat, and best physical weapon selection.

Also, I'm sure good str+high attack+wrath makes things die.

Also, +1 bias, due to Him capping spd on all my runs.

10/10.

Seriously, how is he under Machua?

I've personally found his performance fairly underwhelming after Manster ends as his stats struggle to stay relevant while Machua makes for a decent indoor unit and she has doubling + PCC or something.

I've personally found his performance fairly underwhelming after Manster ends as his stats struggle to stay relevant while Machua makes for a decent indoor unit and she has doubling + PCC or something.

Offense is easy to get in fe5, but good offense+ durability isn't easy.

And, Brighton can take the sety scroll for awhile, and then the skl one.

And, he's mounted.

Machua is just another dime a dozen sword infantry unit, although she's one of the better ones.

Brighton whacks things with Steel and Hand, and Captures them!

AND he has high move+lol Wrath.

I just can't see MAchua, an average-ish infantry unit that exists for the same time Brighton does, being higher than him.

Oh wait, bias points.

ENemy AS fails, except for bosses.

Heck

Dagda rapes most of fe5, except for the faster bosses and final.

WITH 9 BASE SPD AND LIKE 10% SPD GROWTH!.

Just calling him average, while Machua gets all these good scores just makes me :facepalm: