Rate the Unit, Day 49: Xane

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Macellan: 0.18

Maria: 1.05

Tomas: 1.08

Arran: 1.19

Radd: 1.31

Samson: 1.36

Dolph: 1.40

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Linde: 2.60

Roshea: 2.88

Astram: 2.89

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Midia: 3.70

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Horace: 5.02

Catria: 5.45

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Boah: 5.81

Palla: 5.90

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Jake: 7.13

Beck: 7.42

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Oh! I love using Xane! He's pretty much as useful as whomever you allow him to copy, so... I dunno what else to say.

9/10!

He's kinda like a dancer. He's only as bad as your worst unit, and he's just as good as your best unit ('cept for HP which is forever bad. I don't think he copies HP but I haven't ever used Xane in a loooong time).

8.5/10

He's kinda like a dancer. He's only as bad as your worst unit, and he's just as good as your best unit ('cept for HP which is forever bad. I don't think he copies HP but I haven't ever used Xane in a loooong time).

8.5/10

He does in SD.

Xane copies the Health cap available at the time he's mimicing someone, but he needs healing to reach it.

Anyways, 8/10. And that's with bias included. He'll mimic the stats and weapon proficiencies (which includes abilities to use certain weapons such as Excalibur and the Wing Spear) of whoever he mimics. Just make sure he's by your main healer when he mimics a unit when he starts copying, and before he has to mimic someone again.

I hate recruiting him. I hate having to wait a turn to heal him after he copies. And then I hate having to get him somewhere relatively safe, so he can go right back to being someone's 18 HP clone. If he detransforms over terrain he can't move on, he stays there until he can copy someone who can move him off of it. Ugh, I'm probably the only person that'll do this. . .

4/10, and that's for his ability to walk on water in his base class

He can be another caeda. Who doesnt want double win spear hax? or heck, another 10 move unit. Just heal him. 9/10 Its also worth noting that he makes a great staff rank training target, since he has low hp and allows a staffbot to heal/mend him multiple times depending on who he is copying. I do this a lot in FE12 for staff training.

Edited by Professor PicKLe

A second Sheeda is always welcome. He's as good as the unit he copies, which unless it's Matthis, means he'll be amazing.

8.5/10

He can be another caeda. Who doesnt want double win spear hax? or heck, another 10 move unit. Just heal him. 9/10 Its also worth noting that he makes a great staff rank training target, since he has low hp and allows a staffbot to heal/mend him multiple times depending on who he is copying. I do this a lot in FE12 for staff training.

He needs a turn to catch up. If Caeda's being her usual awesome self, there's nothing left for him to do other than "wait for me!"

He can help speed up Gharnef's death, I guess. But the five-turn thing still applies.